What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (3 Viewers)

I thought the month gap between new shows meant they might be retooling but, maaaan, they don't even appear to be aware of what's new and important in the culture - the major reason this ol man watches SNL even when it's not funny - anymore. Not once in 40 yrs as a fan with a vested interest - auditioning for the 2nd iteration of the show in '80 was fairly well the highlight of my life - have i said this, but it might be time to shoot the dog if they cant get it away from Lorne and into the hands of someone who matters.
Not sour grapes at all...I've felt the same way for a very long time.

Lorne needs to give the reigns over...hell...what's Tina Fey doing nowadays?

I haven't watched it yet but have very little hopes in this episode with this host.

And even though i like their music...that singer from Alabama Shakes is one of the hardest things to look at on tv...and yes, I'm including that chick that played Precious.

I thought the month gap between new shows meant they might be retooling but, maaaan, they don't even appear to be aware of what's new and important in the culture - the major reason this ol man watches SNL even when it's not funny - anymore. Not once in 40 yrs as a fan with a vested interest - auditioning for the 2nd iteration of the show in '80 was fairly well the highlight of my life - have i said this, but it might be time to shoot the dog if they cant get it away from Lorne and into the hands of someone who matters.
Not sour grapes at all...I've felt the same way for a very long time.

Lorne needs to give the reigns over...hell...what's Tina Fey doing nowadays?
I agree. Revamp the show, or kill it.

No question I still watch the show more because of lifelong habit and the allure of nostalgia.

I haven't watched it yet but have very little hopes in this episode with this host.

And even though i like their music...that singer from Alabama Shakes is one of the hardest things to look at on tv...and yes, I'm including that chick that played Precious.
Love the songs though. Going to go check them out. Also - I'm not a guitar guy but it looks like she is playing the same kind of "green foamy" strat that Todd plays.

Love the songs though. Going to go check them out. Also - I'm not a guitar guy but it looks like she is playing the same kind of "green foamy" strat that Todd plays.
I think that the singer is a phenomenal talent and I think that these songs are great. They are from their soon-to-released album. If you listen to the first album, you may be a little disappointed. A little more straight blues/americana type stuff. These new ones have taken that underpinning and infused some real soul and funk to them.

I think that the singer is a phenomenal talent and I think that these songs are great. They are from their soon-to-released album. If you listen to the first album, you may be a little disappointed. A little more straight blues/americana type stuff. These new ones have taken that underpinning and infused some real soul and funk to them.
The first album is great. It's very early Kings of Leon garage southern rock.

AAABatteries said:
Ilov80s said:
Soulfly3 said:
Monologue stunk. First skit decent
If a jacked Australian with a perfect face can make it, anyone can.
He could push Ryan Reynolds from the spot of "Guy I'm required to go go gay for if in some bizarro world he asked me to have sex with him." :oldunsure: Everybody has that person, right? Right????
No idea what you're talking about. None.Oh, who am I kidding. Dibs on Bradley Cooper.

I thought that AMEX commercial was fantastic. "We're looking for a 'Thor-type', not the real Thor."

I endured enough of those Disney Channel sitcoms to get a laugh out of that twin brother sketch. Loved how they just kept pounding away at all the superior/inferior features and that was it. I was expecting an easy joke about hooking up with the girl in the cafeteria and impressed they didn't go there.

I dug the Avengers postgame celebration thing, too. Dropping the Gatorade bucket on Nick Fury was :moneybag: .

I think it's time for an internal job posting for Colin Jost's Weekend Update seat, to be filled this fall. IMO Che has improved a ton and he's a voice unique for the WU anchor desk, but I think we've seen Jost's ceiling, and it's "a guy at the office quoting Seth Meyers jokes". I'm sure he's a great writer, but the performance just isn't there.

ETA: I know I'm a late arrival on the Kate McKinnon train, so I feel I ahould mention I loved her take on Hillary Clinton. Amy Poehler's Hillary was freakishly accurate; McKinnon has a shot at a transcendent surreal impression, a la Dana Carvey's take on George H.W. Bush.

Last edited by a moderator:
McKinnon is awesome. I wish the writing for her was better and there were better cast members to support her.

McKinnon is awesome. I wish the writing for her was better and there were better cast members to support her.
SNL would be much better if it was just McKinnon & Strong doin' a Key & Peele thing. I'd love to see her work with Wiig too, cuz Kate seems to have down the aspects of berzerker, obssessed female that Kristen is too upbeat to explore.

SNL would be much better if it was just McKinnon & Strong doin' a Key & Peele thing. I'd love to see her work with Wiig too, cuz Kate seems to have down the aspects of berzerker, obssessed female that Kristen is too upbeat to explore.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/
Who ya gonna call? FANDANGO!

Just watched this week's episode.

The thing about Jost is he's just not likable.

Least Che has personality.

But I go back to my initial reaction about Jost. He's just not a guy I'd ever have a beer with or have any desire to have a conversation with...I can't put my finger on it. He just seems fake and plastic.

Ugh, I might be excited for this if Wiig weren't involved...

I didn't watch the whole episode but I did see the opening with McKinnon's Hillary impression and liked it a lot. Looking forward to lots of Hillary this election season.

Keerock said:
Mario Kart said:
wikkidpissah said:
Ilov80s said:
You don't like Wiiglet?!

Keerock said:
Mario Kart said:
wikkidpissah said:
Ilov80s said:
You don't like Wiiglet?!
Do not.

Put Strong and McKinnon on Update.

Jost is awful. Che can't read.
I didn't really like Cecily in that role.

The other problem is if those two are anchors, they can't appear as characters in the bit.

For Cecily, that means no more "Girl You Wish You Hadn't Met At a Party," one of the few running characters that's actually funny.

For Kate, it would kill many characters.

I was not a big fan of Kevin Hart going in, but this was one of the best episodes in years... Hart was very funny and the skits were great. Really loved the Bieber CK commercials... classic! "My pee-pee is in here" :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread