What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BOSTON sports - How did we ever get so (1 Viewer)

A) nobody cares about hockey

B) The Red Sox outspend everybody else minus the Yankees...congratulations, zero street cred. MLB is broken...nobody outside of Boston and New York even cares.

C) The Celtics are old

D) The Pats are legit, BB and Brady are legit. The only real team in Boston IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
A) nobody cares about hockeyB) The Red Sox outspend everybody else minus the Yankees...congratulations, zero street cred. MLB is broken...nobody outside of Boston and New York even cares.C) The Celtics are oldD) The Pats are legit, BB and Brady are legit. The only real team in Boston IMHO.
Yankees and Phillies outspend the Sox this year.Yankees, Mets and Cubs outspent the Sox in 2009.Yankees, Mets and Tigers outspent the Sox in 2008.Oops, those are facts, forgot you hate those.

When the B's win the cup the Patriots :rolleyes: will be the current longest without a chamionship

This thread is all the evidence you need to become a Canuck fan. A sign of the apocalypse is Boston winning 4 major championships in a 10 year span. Their fans will become incorrigable, taking obnoxious to levels completely unseen by humanity. ESPN will create ESPN B dedicated entriely to Boston area sports. Douchebags like MAtt Damon, Ben Afleck and Jimmy Fallon will never stop talking about the greatness that is Boston sports. The world will end if Boston wins a Stanley Cup this year. Rapture can only be stopped by a Canadian Sports franchise. God help us. God help us all!
fallon is a mets fan

But to answer the question, Boston got to be good amazing by good breeding, better genes, being smarter, better looking and stronger/tougher than everyone else.

Take the Revolutionary and Civil wars for example. The weaklings over the pond and down south can't match wits let alone arms with us up here.

It's not even really fair.
:goodposting: And the superior among those superior settled in the Merrimack Valley.
:lmao: Lowell-Lawrence-Haverhill are in the MV

'nuff said
Why stop there? The Valley also has the likes of Dracut and Methuen. Andover should secede in protest of the crap around them.EDIT: Bill Rica makes for a good message board name, though.
Ahhhndova! They don't sweat they perspire, and they don't ####, they fornicate.

A) nobody cares about hockeyB) The Red Sox outspend everybody else minus the Yankees...congratulations, zero street cred. MLB is broken...nobody outside of Boston and New York even cares.C) The Celtics are oldD) The Pats are legit, BB and Brady are legit. The only real team in Boston IMHO.
Yankees and Phillies outspend the Sox this year.Yankees, Mets and Cubs outspent the Sox in 2009.Yankees, Mets and Tigers outspent the Sox in 2008.Oops, those are facts, forgot you hate those.
:rolleyes:you're not fooling anybody by cherry picking statistics.

But to answer the question, Boston got to be good amazing by good breeding, better genes, being smarter, better looking and stronger/tougher than everyone else.

Take the Revolutionary and Civil wars for example. The weaklings over the pond and down south can't match wits let alone arms with us up here.

:goodposting: And the superior among those superior settled in the Merrimack Valley.

'nuff said
Why stop there? The Valley also has the likes of Dracut and Methuen. Andover should secede in protest of the crap around them.EDIT: Bill Rica makes for a good message board name, though.
Ahhhndova! They don't sweat they perspire, and they don't ####, they fornicate.
Same could be said about North Andover, to a greater extreme.

:lmao: You are too funny sometimes.

But to answer the question, Boston got to be good amazing by good breeding, better genes, being smarter, better looking and stronger/tougher than everyone else.Take the Revolutionary and Civil wars for example. The weaklings over the pond and down south can't match wits let alone arms with us up here.It's not even really fair.
:lmao:Lowell-Lawrence-Haverhill are in the MV'nuff said
Moved out of the south end to "settle down" with the wife. I live in Dracut now and I actually like it. At least where I am it is nice, quiet and I can walk to the golf course. While I'm defending the M. Valley, downtown Lowell is actually a lot better than I thought it would be when I moved to this area.

But to answer the question, Boston got to be good amazing by good breeding, better genes, being smarter, better looking and stronger/tougher than everyone else.Take the Revolutionary and Civil wars for example. The weaklings over the pond and down south can't match wits let alone arms with us up here.It's not even really fair.
:lmao:Lowell-Lawrence-Haverhill are in the MV'nuff said
Moved out of the south end to "settle down" with the wife. I live in Dracut now and I actually like it. At least where I am it is nice, quiet and I can walk to the golf course. While I'm defending the M. Valley, downtown Lowell is actually a lot better than I thought it would be when I moved to this area.
I might be going to Meadow Creek tomorrow. :mellow:

'LHUCKS said:
A) nobody cares about hockey

B) The Red Sox outspend everybody else minus the Yankees...congratulations, zero street cred. MLB is broken...nobody outside of Boston and New York even cares.

C) The Celtics are old

D) The Pats are legit, BB and Brady are legit. The only real team in Boston IMHO.
Boston fans sell out Fenway every game paying the highest ticket price in baseball. Sorry the owners use that money to put great players on the field.

'LHUCKS said:
'Harry Manback said:
'LHUCKS said:
In 2003 Boston was 6th in payrollIn 2000 Boston was 5th in payrollIn the decade of 2000-2009 Boston had the 2nd highest payroll just over half the time. So, like most of your posts, you're barely 50% correct. Congrats! :thumbup:

'LHUCKS said:
'Harry Manback said:
'LHUCKS said:
In 2003 Boston was 6th in payrollIn 2000 Boston was 5th in payrollIn the decade of 2000-2009 Boston had the 2nd highest payroll just over half the time. So, like most of your posts, you're barely 50% correct. Congrats! :thumbup:
:hifive:

'LHUCKS said:
'Harry Manback said:
'LHUCKS said:
How about overall for the entire decade? I'd guess they're second highest.

'Matthias said:
By the by, the gap has been closing the last couple of years but for most of the decade spending in MLB was....Yankees

Someone Else

Everyone Else

In 2006-2008, for instance, the Red Sox had the second-highest average payroll but were still closer, in dollars of actual salary spent, to the Texas Rangers who were 17th on the list than they were to the Yankees who were 1st.
Never understood the "payroll defense"....particularly from Sawx fans.

Why does payroll even matter in the discussion of baseball? There is really no hard cap so why shouldn't a team that remains profitable through sellouts, branding and TV rights reinvest that money into the team? Would people rather the owners pocket the money for themselves?

Until there is a hard cap like hockey and football, teams that have the money should spend it. Blows for teams that have small markets or otherwise unprofitable ventures but that's the MLBs issue not the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Tigers etc.

'LHUCKS said:
'Harry Manback said:
'LHUCKS said:
so your argument is we only spend more than roughly 85% of the teams in most years? How is that an advantage?Beisbol needs a salary cap pretty bad.

'nuff said
I hi-hosey it for my next alias - i'll be moving to Billerica in the fall unless some dramatic turn of fortune allows me to stay out in the high desert. it wont be wikkidpissah.

The "who cares about sport X" argument is silly.

Of course people care about hockey and baseball. Do they care about it in Arizona? Maybe not, but people in Massachusetts don't care about meth labs and 'desert landscaping'(pile of pebbles where a backyard should be), but it's understood that people care about those things elsewhere.

'nuff said
I hi-hosey it for my next alias - i'll be moving to Billerica in the fall unless some dramatic turn of fortune allows me to stay out in the high desert. it wont be wikkidpissah.
The rica huh? Moving from south Chelmsford/North Billerica in a month to Tyngsboro.

'nuff said
The rica huh? Moving from south Chelmsford/North Billerica in a month to Tyngsboro.
well, laaaa-de-frikkin-da! isn't there mandatory extended-pinky drinkin of yaw Dunkins in Tyngsboro?! Doncha hafta swat the skeeters with a laundered hankie there? Why dont u just move to Boxford and be done with it?!?!Yeah, - I'm broke here in NM and my best pal is off the 3A near Nutting Lake (the puns alone will make it worth it) and converting his separate garage to a grandmother's apartment. He's sealing/insulating it now, then i get it free for a yr while the rest of the conversion is under way. good livin...

'LHUCKS said:
'Harry Manback said:
'LHUCKS said:
finally somebody with a bit of statistical sense...it's like elementary school around this place sometimes

'LHUCKS said:
'Harry Manback said:
'LHUCKS said:
finally somebody with a bit of statistical sense...it's like elementary school around this place sometimes
So you're saying you feel in over your head?

Tap.

Just wondering if anyone has figured this out yet. Can you believe that it's now the Patriots with the longest dry spell? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I’m running out of space in my memorabilia room. The aroma of championship glory in there is enough to sting the nostrils (and make unicorns cry).

'nuff said
#18 most dangerous city in the USA.Don't act like you're not impressed.
Pfffft.I live in Memphis.

Much higher chance of getting murder death killed here.

:potkettle:

God I feel awful for the Red Sox and their fans. And especially so coming on the heels of Brady's collapse to the Buffalo Bills. These are franchises that don't deserve to lose to inferior payrolls like that, total bull####. :thumbdown:

This is what it sounds like when doves cry!
:lmao:A week from today, our Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins drop the puck. Meanwhile, our football team still has the best quarterback and the best coach in the league, and we've got as good a shot as anyone at winning yet another Super Bowl. I think we'll get over it. That's one of the perks of being a part of the most dominating sports city in the country - when one team fails, we just turn the page and move onto the next elite team. :thumbup: :banned:

:lmao:A week from today, our Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins drop the puck. Meanwhile, our football team still has the best quarterback and the best coach in the league, and we've got as good a shot as anyone at winning yet another Super Bowl. I think we'll get over it. That's one of the perks of being a part of the most dominating sports city in the country - when one team fails, we just turn the page and move onto the next elite team. :thumbup: :banned:
Oh, ok.

You know youre my guy man.. you really are..But this one hurts bro. I feel like i just got ### raped. :bag:

:lmao: Case in point. That regular season game was a pretty big deal to you, wasn't it?

when you lose 15 in a row to one team, you're damn right that was a big win for our Bills.

like I said, it was a hell of a run.

Pegula about to stomp out the Bruins as well.

:lmao: A weekmonth from today, our Stanley CupNBA Champion Boston BruinsDallas Mavericks drop the puckshould tip off but won't. Meanwhile, our football team still has one of the best quarterbacks and the best coach in the league, and we've got as good a shot as anyone at winning yet another Super Bowl. I think we'll get over it. That's one of the perks of being a part of the most dominating sports city in the country - when one team fails, we just turn the page and move onto the next elite team. :thumbup: :banned:
I thought this was a thread about Boston, not Dallas? Especially since nobody gives a #### about hockey lol. Boston is behind New York and Dallas as far as dominating sports teams go. Geez - at least our teams make the playoffs before they choke ;)

Neato. This is why you guys are nauseating. :hophead:

when you lose 15 in a row to one team, you're damn right that was a big win for our Bills.like I said, it was a hell of a run.Pegula about to stomp out the Bruins as well.
Don't worry Pats will rack up a lot of wins only to choke and get beat like they always do in the playoffs at home like they did vs Jets and Ravens

Users who are viewing this thread