What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (5 Viewers)

The shark holds him and realizes the reward when he stays healthy for a year. It's easier to hold than get what little value there is now.

96 yards and should have had 2 TDs. Yeah, I'll take it.
Arrgh, I didn't get to watch the whole game, this makes it so much worse. I hate when I don't get the luck or maybe I should say I never get the luck. I lost last week due to a missed 29 yard FG. :wall: I have Reed going in one league and Matt Jones in another.

You lost out on 2 or 3 TDs tonight then. Reed toasted his guy and Cousins under threw him on him. The other was tough as Cousins had pressure in his face and couldn't step into his throw. He needs to since he's got a noodle arm. If anything was happening on that play it would have been pass interference, but the ball was so underthrown Reed couldn't make a play on it. Then Matt Jones fumbled on his way into the end zone. Ah the joys of fantasy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Reed only got one catch in garbage time. It could have easily been a 30 point night.

But I'll take 15 from my TE.
That kick return killed it. We lost a ton of garbage time. They did get that last drive in, but so little time left that it was all dump offs and some hail mary type attempts. 3 minutes left, they could have run some decent plays, still not gonna win, but better for us Reed owners.

Also Reed only got one catch in garbage time. It could have easily been a 30 point night.

That kick return killed it. We lost a ton of garbage time. They did get that last drive in, but so little time left that it was all dump offs and some hail mary type attempts. 3 minutes left, they could have run some decent plays, still not gonna win, but better for us Reed owners.
There was that one play on final drive where Reed was wide open on the end and Cousins never looked his way, instead forcing it over the middle to the RB, who did make the catch but not for as many yards as Reed would have gotten.

You lost out on 2 or 3 TDs tonight then. Reed toasted his guy and Cousins under threw him on him. The other was tough as Cousins had pressure in his face and couldn't step into his throw. He needs to since he's got a noodle arm. If anything was happening on that play it would have been pass interference, but the ball was so underthrown Reed couldn't make a play on it. Then Matt Jones fumbled on his way into the end zone. Ah the joys of fantasy!
Yep, such joys. I always have fun and I seem to end up winning 1 of my 3 leagues every year (had 2 last year, but a bone headed call by me cost me the championship), but sometimes I'd rather just watch the games.

There was that one play on final drive where Reed was wide open on the end and Cousins never looked his way, instead forcing it over the middle to the RB, who did make the catch but not for as many yards as Reed would have gotten.
You'd have to be a Reed owner to see that play and yes, I know the exact play you are talking about. I thought the same thing. I get a 100 yard bonus, so yep, I saw it.

You'd have to be a Reed owner to see that play and yes, I know the exact play you are talking about. I thought the same thing. I get a 100 yard bonus, so yep, I saw it.
Yeah, I'm not going to complain about 6-96 but I'm 0-2 in that league and need all the points I can get!

good news is he is a focal point in the offense (especially with desean jackson out) and a red zone threat. low TE1 ROS IMO

The two missed TDs were brutal. Roasted Collins for a should have been 28 yard TD than later burned a LB on a corner route for a should have been 18 yard TD. Also had a 12 yard gain on a little out route called back because ding dong Garcon started blocking way too early (No need).... Could have easily been 9-140-2 day for Reed. I just hope he stays healthy.

Great talent, great situation. Just wish he had a QB who could throw a 30-yard out route. :rant:

The good news is his stat line doesn't reflect how dominant he looked out there - might give folks one last opportunity to buy at a discount. I know I'm going to try in the couple of leagues I don't own him.

If Reed stays healthy, he's probably looking at a 1000 yard 7 TD season even with D-Jax in the lineup.

Kid is a match-up nightmare for defenses. Too fast for LBs, too big for safeties.

It's really great to see what this guy is when healthy.

When he came out of college there was common comparison of saying he was a "poor man's Aaron Hernandez, just not nearly as good." Seeing how much of a mismatch he appears to be right now, I guess he's either improved a lot since he's been in the league or I have already forgotten just how much of a nightmare Hernandez was.

As people have mentioned, there was a definite TD and a "maybe" TD that were left on the field. I also saw a play where either he OR Garcon would have scored with a better QB. They both had their men beat. It just need a decisive throw.

Hope he stays healthy. He's definitely earned to be starting in fantasy each week as a legit TE1.

It's really great to see what this guy is when healthy.

When he came out of college there was common comparison of saying he was a "poor man's Aaron Hernandez, just not nearly as good." Seeing how much of a mismatch he appears to be right now, I guess he's either improved a lot since he's been in the league or I have already forgotten just how much of a nightmare Hernandez was.

As people have mentioned, there was a definite TD and a "maybe" TD that were left on the field. I also saw a play where either he OR Garcon would have scored with a better QB. They both had their men beat. It just need a decisive throw.

Hope he stays healthy. He's definitely earned to be starting in fantasy each week as a legit TE1.
I agree. Big if that he stays healthy, but even with Cousins "issues" he was still very effective. I think he could easily be in the tier below Gronk by the time the season is done if he stays healthy. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up as high as TE2. I don't think he will, but it wouldn't surprise me.

You have to love the way they use this guy right now. Split out wide most of the time with lots of targets in the redzone.Big numbers should continue as long as Desean is out.

A Secret Shutdown Corner, An Untouchable Quarterback, and the Man Who Is Outplaying J.J. Watt…

Excerpt:

The ‘other guy’ from the TE class of 2013

One number I often do refer to is yards per route run (YPRR). It’s a particularly relevant measure of production for tight ends, where you need to account for time spent pass blocking.

With Cincinnati’s Tyler Eifert (first round), Philadelphia’s Zach Ertz (second round) and Kansas City’s Travis Kelce (third round) getting a lot of ink, it always surprises me no one seems to talk about Washington’s Jordan Reed. Drafted 22 places after Kelce, it often feels like Reed is an afterthought.

The numbers tell a different story, as Reed ranks second in YPRR with 2.96, just behind Kelce (3.15) but ahead of Eifert (2.68, fourth) and a certain Rob Gronkowski (2.49, fifth).

Again, you can call foul based on insufficient data and again you’d be wrong given Reed was third last year too (behind Kelce and Gronkowski).

Keep an eye on him because once Washington realizes what they have, he may not stay hidden much longer.

That article says "once Washington realizes what they have".

They know, the problem is that they have been hesitant to form an entire game plan around him in the past season or so because he gets injured and then you're screwed the rest of the game. They are learning to trust him again, but he doesn't make it easy as he's racked up some serious penalties and mental miscues the first three weeks to go along with his outstanding receiving performances. I think he'll keep improving though, and with Niles Paul out for the year it's not like there's anybody on the roster that would allow the coaches to "punish" him for his mistakes.

Anyone else notice him get up slow and then do a long squat stretch after his final catch in the 4th? He stayed on the field, but the thing that really caught my attention was the frustration/anger he showed on the ground right after he was tackled. He clinched the ball angrily as if to indicate that he was pissed that he just strained a muscle...again. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he doesn't show up on the injury report next week.

Curious.... what's he worth in a trade at this point?

Will his owners expect a mid 1st round pick? A late 1st? A 2nd? A WR2 or WR3? I don't own him anywhere, thinking about trying to get him.

Will his owners expect a mid 1st round pick? A late 1st? A 2nd? A WR2 or WR3? I don't own him anywhere, thinking about trying to get him.
Don't know if this helps, but he was recently moved for Duke Johnson in one of my TE premium leagues. I preferred the Reed side.

Don't know if this helps, but he was recently moved for Duke Johnson in one of my TE premium leagues. I preferred the Reed side.
That seems awfully cheap. I just got told it'd take at least a late 1st rounder, which seems steep given his track record.

That seems awfully cheap. I just got told it'd take at least a late 1st rounder, which seems steep given his track record.
Was just traded today for Calvin Johnson - PPR, normal TE league.

Was just traded today for Calvin Johnson - PPR, normal TE league.
The Calvin Johnson?

keim_john_m.jpg

John KeimESPN Staff Writer Redskins tight end Jordan Reed suffered a concussion and will go through the protocol during the week. Reed missed the final six games of 2013 with a concussion.

icon-espn-e-@2x.png

15h

:sadbanana: Sad. So much potential here.

I really hope he's OK... at this point he's got to be considering hanging them up. I would be that's for sure.

I think there should be some decent options out there for us. Ladarius Green, Gates, Barnage

Getting crushed in the head is hardly a sign of fragility - it's part of the game. When you're athletic like he is and have the ability to make some tough catches, you leave yourself vulnerable.

I didn't see the game, nor the play where he was concussed. But some players do seem to be more vulnerable to concussions than others. I don't think it is a physical difference, I think it has more to do with vision, instincts, and reactions. If you are about to collide with someone, very slight adjustments in body position, head angle, etc. - that might be the difference. But again, I haven't looked at this specific play, just pondering out loud.

Coach Jay Gruden says TE Jordan Reed has a sprained MCL, a sprained ankle & in the concussion protocol

That was fun while it lasted. Putting a claim for Barnidge this week.

From rotoworld -

Redskins coach Jay Gruden provided "no timetable" on Jordan Reed's recovery from his latest concussion, and revealed Monday that Reed also sprained his ankle and knee in Sunday's upset of the Eagles.
Reed is believed to have suffered at least five concussions dating back to his time at the University of Florida. In addition, he is dealing with a sprained MCL and ankle, and Gruden expressed that he is "concerned" with Reed's health. Fantasy owners can't count on Reed to play Sunday against the Falcons. Derek Carrier would be the next man up at tight end in Washington. Reed leads the Redskins with 24 receptions for 278 yards through four games.

Users who are viewing this thread