What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (6 Viewers)

I like the new crab legs story best. A hookup!
Didn't he tell the cops he just forgot to pay?So, nobody cares that he lied to the cops?
Yes.Apparently not many people.
Apparently not many NFL GM's either.
How can you possibly say that? It's assumed that the Bucs like him, past that who knows?
Let me scroll up for you. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000487565/article/nfl-teams-believe-fsu-qb-jameis-winstons-crab-legs-story
I didn't question whether or not they believed him, I questioned if it bothers them that he lied to police. That's not addressed anywhere in that article.
While some might have thought the resurfacing of an off-field issue from Winston's past could damage his draft stock, it appears he will come away from this one unscathed.
To me that's says they didn't care then and didn't care now. From my understanding he didn't lie to the police, he just left out the part that he had a hook up.

Didn't he tell the cops he just forgot to pay?So, nobody cares that he lied to the cops?
How can you possibly say that? It's assumed that the Bucs like him, past that who knows?
Let me scroll up for you. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000487565/article/nfl-teams-believe-fsu-qb-jameis-winstons-crab-legs-story
I didn't question whether or not they believed him, I questioned if it bothers them that he lied to police. That's not addressed anywhere in that article.
While some might have thought the resurfacing of an off-field issue from Winston's past could damage his draft stock, it appears he will come away from this one unscathed.
To me that's says they didn't care then and didn't care now. From my understanding he didn't lie to the police, he just left out the part that he had a hook up.
"From my understanding he didn't lie to the police, he just left out the part that he had a hook up."What a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
He obviously lied to the police. He also tried to cover for somebody who was doing right by him. IMO it would be even ####tier to take the food from a friend and then throw the guy under the bus as a thank you.

Nobody cares about it because it was theft of 30 dollars and it's completely irrelevant when judging these guys.

He obviously lied to the police. He also tried to cover for somebody who was doing right by him. IMO it would be even ####tier to take the food from a friend and then throw the guy under the bus as a thank you.

Nobody cares about it because it was theft of 30 dollars and it's completely irrelevant when judging these guys.
Sorry Cap I think it is and I'm sure there are a few GMs that think it is too.

"From my understanding he didn't lie to the police, he just left out the part that he had a hook up."What a joke.
It's a lie if you don't say it?

All that matters is what the Bucs think. :shrug:

Lucky for Bucs' fans they won't have the opportunity to pass on him.

Sadly that is very true.

You can't possibly believe what you just wrote.

Nobody should need to explain that, beyond game tape and combine numbers, GMs must assess Winston's maturity, decision making, propensity to get himself in trouble, etc.

This Publix incident is very pertinent to the above questions. Any GM that doesn't care shouldn't have a job. It'd be flat out negligent.

Sadly that is very true.
And if they take him #1 don't you think they've thoroughly investigated his "character dishonesty?"

Nobody should need to explain that, beyond game tape and combine numbers, GMs must assess Winston's maturity, decision making, propensity to get himself in trouble, etc.

This Publix incident is very pertinent to the above questions. Any GM that doesn't care shouldn't have a job. It'd be flat out negligent.
Do you think Andrew Luck ever accepted anything for free while he was at Stanford?

Sadly that is very true.
And if they take him #1 don't you think they've thoroughly investigated his "character dishonesty?"
Has anyone suggested otherwise?

Nobody cares about it. If they did, he wouldn't be going first in the draft.

Sadly that is very true.
Yes and I think if they do take him they are gambling.With how some of those gambles have turned outrecently I think it is going to be a very bad move.

It just means the Bucs don't care about it.

Ok, sure

I seem to recall reading her original attorney (also her aunt) proposing a settlement of $7M.
That was an unsubstantiated claim by Winston's lawyer meant to defame the victim.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/09/read_the_entire_jameis_winston.html

You can read about the extortion request right there in full.

ETA: Kind of interesting that Kinsman retained a new attorney not long after.
Interesting that you're using a letter from his lawyer as evidence.

I've already discussed this - whatever her lawyer Ms. Carroll said was not approved by Kinsman.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I know I'm talking to a brick wall, but anyway:

"The facts that Mr. Cornwell chose not to disclose are that it was he himself who reached out to our client's former counsel Patricia Carroll to discuss paying off our client. Patricia Carroll didn't' even know who David Cornwell was until he called. Mr. Cornwell then himself flew down from Atlanta to negotiate with Ms. Carroll.
"Settlement discussions were immediately unproductive as Cornwell was crude and insulting going so far as to say 'your client likes to (expletive) football players,'" they added. "When told that the client's main concern was not money but that Winston be held accountable for his actions, Cornwell threatened to sue our client and her parents for civil racketeering in an effort to intimidate them into staying quiet."
Who are you going to believe the lawyer of the guy with $20M to lose who flew down desperate to negotiate a deal or the lawyer who is the aunt of the alleged rape victim?

No written offer was ever made by Kinsman's lawyer and the $7M claim is most likely a complete fabrication by Winston's lawyer to discredit Kinsman.

I seem to recall reading her original attorney (also her aunt) proposing a settlement of $7M.
That was an unsubstantiated claim by Winston's lawyer meant to defame the victim.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/09/read_the_entire_jameis_winston.html

You can read about the extortion request right there in full.

ETA: Kind of interesting that Kinsman retained a new attorney not long after.
Interesting that you're using a letter from his lawyer as evidence.

I've already discussed this - whatever her lawyer Ms. Carroll said was not approved by Kinsman.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I know I'm talking to a brick wall, but anyway:

"The facts that Mr. Cornwell chose not to disclose are that it was he himself who reached out to our client's former counsel Patricia Carroll to discuss paying off our client. Patricia Carroll didn't' even know who David Cornwell was until he called. Mr. Cornwell then himself flew down from Atlanta to negotiate with Ms. Carroll.

"Settlement discussions were immediately unproductive as Cornwell was crude and insulting going so far as to say 'your client likes to (expletive) football players,'" they added. "When told that the client's main concern was not money but that Winston be held accountable for his actions, Cornwell threatened to sue our client and her parents for civil racketeering in an effort to intimidate them into staying quiet."
Who are you going to believe the lawyer of the guy with $20M to lose who flew down desperate to negotiate a deal or the lawyer who is the aunt of the alleged rape victim?

No written offer was ever made by Kinsman's lawyer and the $7M claim is most likely a complete fabrication by Winston's lawyer to discredit Kinsman.
Jameis Winston did not rape Erica Kinsman
I can put quotes around words too.

:spin:

He is perfect for the Bucs. Isn't there a thread on here entitled "Excitement builds for the next bust." That's exactly what he is.

When was the last football discussion in here, page 20?
We already know he's a great QB. It's not fun to tear him down that way, because they can't.
They tried...
"I've got (Marcus) Mariota one, because I believe in Mariota, but the other piece of that is, with Jameis Winston I've got trust issues both on and off the field. Do I trust him with the football on the field, given the way he turned the ball over, especially this year with 18 interceptions?

It could have been 40 very easily," Mayock said.

"Can I trust him with the ball, which is the most important thing during an NFL game. And two, can I trust him off the field? To me, those red flags are significant enough that my answer is, I would go the other way with Mariota."

When was the last football discussion in here, page 20?
We already know he's a great QB. It's not fun to tear him down that way, because they can't.
They tried...
"I've got (Marcus) Mariota one, because I believe in Mariota, but the other piece of that is, with Jameis Winston I've got trust issues both on and off the field. Do I trust him with the football on the field, given the way he turned the ball over, especially this year with 18 interceptions?

It could have been 40 very easily," Mayock said.

"Can I trust him with the ball, which is the most important thing during an NFL game. And two, can I trust him off the field? To me, those red flags are significant enough that my answer is, I would go the other way with Mariota."
Mayock is on top of his game with QBs these days:

"The kind of projection I want to make with Manziel is Steve Young,'' Mayock says,

bigmarc27 said:
Capella said:
davearm said:
Capella said:

It doesn't even mean that.If they take him, it'll signify that they think the reward justifies the risk.

It won't signify that they don't see any risk, or that they don't care about it.

Do these reporter save up all their juiciest stuff so they can release it a week before the draft?

Bob McGinns draft series: Quarterbacks

Jameis Winston seen as having same faults as '07 bust JaMarcus Russell

The striking similarities between Jameis Winston (pictured) and JaMarcus Russell must be frightening to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as they weigh making the Florida State quarterback the first pick of the NFL draft.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/jameis-winston-seen-as-having-same-faults-as-07-bust-jamarcus-russell-b99486128z1-301170101.html

Rotoworld:

Jameis Winston - QB - Seminoles

Robert Klemko of the MMQB spoke to one scout who said Jameis Winston would be the No. 2 QB on that team's board since 2011 based on pre-draft grades.

The top 10 ranking went as follows: 1. Andrew Luck, 2. Jameis Winston, 3. Robert Griffin III, 4. Cam Newton, 5. Blaine Gabbert, 6. Marcus Mariota, 7. Ryan Tannehill, 8. Blake Bortles, 9. Jake Locker, 10. Teddy Bridgewater. This just shows how much variance there is among NFL teams' boards. Again, this is based on pre-draft grades and opinion. It is worth noting that teams who feel comfortable with their starting quarterback put far less work into evaluating the top quarterbacks in each draft. Klemko notes the scout does not work with the Bucs or Titans and is not in the hunt for a quarterback this year.

Source: The MMQB

Apr 23 - 10:16 AM

Definitely no escapability. :rolleyes:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A0LEVvcnMjpV0nkA5gQnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTB0b2ZrZmU3BHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1lIUzAwMl8x?p=jameis+winston+highlights+boston+college+hail+mary&tnr=21&vid=1EBBF5EB9015CF4FB7711EBBF5EB9015CF4FB771&l=66&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DWN.cHM5CNiBYuh4O0WAXFL3YQ%26pid%3D15.1&sigi=11vrvkbsp&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D3TNmfuUVYAo&sigr=11beo5f7t&tt=b&###=FSU%26%2339%3Bs+QB+Jameis+Winston%26%2339%3Bs+Hail+Mary+TD+Pass+at+BC&sigt=11pcvrkfr&back=https%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fyhs%2Fsearch%3Fp%3Djameis%2Bwinston%2Bhighlights%2Bboston%2Bcollege%2Bhail%2Bmary%26hsimp%3Dyhs-001%26hspart%3Dmozilla%26fr%3Dyhs-mozilla-001%26ei%3DUTF-8&sigb=14hqcalal&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Do these reporter save up all their juiciest stuff so they can release it a week before the draft?

The striking similarities between Jameis Winston (pictured) and JaMarcus Russell must be frightening to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as they weigh making the Florida State quarterback the first pick of the NFL draft.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/jameis-winston-seen-as-having-same-faults-as-07-bust-jamarcus-russell-b99486128z1-301170101.html
@TomahawkNation: Best thing about ####ty Jameis Jamarcus article is that it's a Packers writer. People saying stuff about Tedford's QBs until AR became star.@TomahawkNation: Other than that, it's overtly racist laziness that will get tons of clicks from a fanbase in a super white region w/ no shot to draft Jameis

@TomahawkNation: Best thing about ####ty Jameis Jamarcus article is that it's a Packers writer. People saying stuff about Tedford's QBs until AR became star.@TomahawkNation: Other than that, it's overtly racist laziness that will get tons of clicks from a fanbase in a super white region w/ no shot to draft Jameis
That article was terrible. Racist? I don't think so. The problem is most everything that's coming out right now is terrible.

Draft can't get here fast enough.

Ok this one is a little better:

@mikefreemanNFL: Comparing Winston to JaMarcus Russell is single dumbest thing ever spoken by a human being in the history of human beings. Before even.

Almost all of us would be well served to turn off the twitter and stop reading "player analysis" for the next week.

I won't argue the comparison of Winston to Jamarcus Russell extends beyond body type. But it definitely applies to body type. From the neck down, they're both kinda pudgy and out of shape looking.

""We're looking at another guy (Winston) that's a product of the system and has tremendous athletes around him," another personnel man said. "Oh, my goodness.
Is this guy really going to be the first pick of the draft? You'd be drafting a quarterback that can't run, has off-field problems, has no power in his legs and makes bad decisions on the field. Somebody's going to make a horrible mistake,"

""We're looking at another guy (Winston) that's a product of the system and has tremendous athletes around him," another personnel man said. "Oh, my goodness.
Is this guy really going to be the first pick of the draft? You'd be drafting a quarterback that can't run, has off-field problems, has no power in his legs and makes bad decisions on the field. Somebody's going to make a horrible mistake,"
You have a habit of posting quotes without a link of where they're coming from in here. It makes you look even less credible than you already are, which is not very.

You have a habit of posting quotes without a link of where they're coming from in here. It makes you look even less credible than you already are, which is not very.
It's a quote out of the Jameis/Jamarcus article.

Users who are viewing this thread