What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (6 Viewers)

Done for now. There's so many I could bump it's practically a treasure trove.
Why? His progression speaks for itself. Stop behaving like lod. Act like you've been on the right side of something before.
Nah, I prefer this actually. The ####storm from those two for 6 months deserves this kind of response.
Well good for you. Just be aware that you are acting just like lod.

Nothing deserves you repeatedly spiking the football just a few games into his career. Show a modicum of maturity and class. Or earn yourself a reputation like lod has - because that is right where you are right now.

Why? His progression speaks for itself. Stop behaving like lod. Act like you've been on the right side of something before.
Nah, I prefer this actually. The ####storm from those two for 6 months deserves this kind of response.
Well good for you. Just be aware that you are acting just like lod. Nothing deserves you repeatedly spiking the football just a few games into his career. Show a modicum of maturity and class. Or earn yourself a reputation like lod has - because that is right where you are right now.
Settle down dad. It's a message board, not church.

Well good for you. Just be aware that you are acting just like lod. Nothing deserves you repeatedly spiking the football just a few games into his career. Show a modicum of maturity and class. Or earn yourself a reputation like lod has - because that is right where you are right now.
OK, but the constant victory dancing in these threads just waters them down and renders them less useful. Winston is proving many naysayers wrong and silent. He's play is vindicating you and many supporters.

We all know you have been driving this bus. We don't need a constant PA announcement to remind us when he plays well.

OK, but the constant victory dancing in these threads just waters them down and renders them less useful. Winston is proving many naysayers wrong and silent. He's play is vindicating you and many supporters.

We all know you have been driving this bus. We don't need a constant PA announcement to remind us when he plays well.
1) it was like 6 posts

2) I haven't done it after every game

3) the ignore button is right up top

Cool. Can we change the thread title to;

Jameis Winston - Battle between LOD and Capella for Internet Supremacy
Nah but if you think somebody isn't going to respond on a message board after 6 months of #### posts, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/26/season-best-performance-for-jameis-winston/

A few interesting excerpts.

"This week saw the high point of his young career, with an excellent grade (+5.0) coming against the Washington Redskins in a game the Buccaneers ultimately lost. In fact, only Tom Brady’s excellent performance against the Jets received better marks for a quarterback in Week 7."

"He still struggled under pressure, completing just 42.9 percent of his passes when the Redskins brought the heat, but did at least avoid making big mistakes and was able to punish Washington on the blitz."

"On passes that traveled 10+ yards down field, Winston completed 10-of-12 attempts for 204 yards and two scores. He earned a positive grade in every area of the field he targeted on those passes, and showed some of the upside that every team knew was there at draft time. His deep pass to Mike Evans, in particular, early in the game was a thing of textbook beauty."

Cool. Can we change the thread title to;

Jameis Winston - Battle between LOD and Capella for Internet Supremacy
Nah but if you think somebody isn't going to respond on a message board after 6 months of #### posts, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm on your side in the Winston debate, but I'm not a huge fan of the gloating either. Don't need to play down to the other side.

Washington's defense was decimated, but he played well. They had no answer for Evans even when they knew he was the only option. Jameis could have hung 400 and 3 or 4 TDs on them if the coaching wasn't inept.

He looks better every week.

I'm on board the Winston wagon but, no. Gurley is the easy OROY. It's not close right now.

Winston would have to pull a small miracle beat him at this point. Or, I guess Gurley could get injured.

Even still, Copper would be 2nd on the list. Then perhaps S. Diggs. Yeah, that guy.

I'd place him after those guys.

I'm on board the Winston wagon but, no.Gurley is the easy OROY. It's not close right now.

Winston would have to pull a small miracle beat him at this point. Or, I guess Gurley could get injured.

Even still, Copper would be 2nd on the list. Then perhaps S. Diggs. Yeah, that guy.

Cooper > any of those guys. It's a five horse race, assuming MM gets healthy soon.

I would think if Winston, Cooper, and Gurley continue to play like they did Sunday, then the award goes to the QB. They all looked great.

Washington's defense was decimated, but he played well. They had no answer for Evans even when they knew he was the only option. Jameis could have hung 400 and 3 or 4 TDs on them if the coaching wasn't inept.

He looks better every week.
Don't have a bad thing to say about the past two weeks. 34/48 (70.8%) for 506 yards (10.5 YPA), 3 TD, 0 INT.

I'm on board the Winston wagon but, no.Gurley is the easy OROY. It's not close right now.

Cooper > any of those guys. It's a five horse race, assuming MM gets healthy soon.
Gurley is on pace to rush for over 1800 yds even missing 3 games. Not only that but he's carrying his team to wins. It's a one horse race and that horse is Gurley. He has to drop off significantly for anyone else to have a shot.

9/12, 150 yards and two touchdowns early in the second quarter.

LOD, cstu come back
Meh. Unimpressed. Threw it up for grabs to Evans on one TD. Evans bailed him out.
Lol. The defender didn't even have a play on the ball. Was a perfect throw.
Yeah. I was mistaken. It was the one he spun around like a top and tossed it up for grabs for a TD that was nullified by penalty because Evans had to push off to catch it.

LOD, cstu come back
Meh. Unimpressed. Threw it up for grabs to Evans on one TD. Evans bailed him out.
Yeah. I was mistaken. It was the one he spun around like a top and tossed it up for grabs for a TD that was nullified by penalty because Evans had to push off to catch it.
It's amazing what perspective can do. A positive spin might be that he avoided the rush multiple times, kept his eyes downfield, and then found a receiver in 1 on 1 coverage for what should have been a TD. Maybe it seemed like pass interference to the referee because the guy covering the 6'5 Evans was 5'8 and it looked like a grown man swatting away a gnat.

Imagine what Winston would look like if we could ever see Evans, Vjax, ASJ, & Murphy all healthy.

LOD, cstu come back
It's amazing what perspective can do. A positive spin might be that he avoided the rush multiple times, kept his eyes downfield, and then found a receiver in 1 on 1 coverage for what should have been a TD. Maybe it seemed like pass interference to the referee because the guy covering the 6'5 Evans was 5'8 and it looked like a grown man swatting away a gnat.
It was pass interference & it was an awful decision. That's the bottom line.

Gurley is on pace to rush for over 1800 yds even missing 3 games. Not only that but he's carrying his team to wins.It's a one horse race and that horse is Gurley. He has to drop off significantly for anyone else to have a shot.
sure. Those 3 games have been great. If he keeps that up, you're right. I don't think he keeps it up.

Not to diminish what he's done so far, but consider Cleveland's D has given up 150 or more yards every game except against the Chargers. His games against the Cardinals and Packers were downright impressive. Let's see what he does in the next few weeks before awarding him. (same statement applied to MM a few weeks ago)

Last edited by a moderator:

LOD, cstu come back
It was pass interference & it was an awful decision. That's the bottom line.
Please explain what you think Jameis should have done with the football there.

There's no turning Cappy into Lod. Lod should be called out for each and every ridiculously close-minded thing he's posted. Because he certainly won't admit he's wrong.

In about 6 months the bucs will wonder why he sucks. In a year or so they will be wondering who dropped the ball on trading out of the #1 pick. In 2 years a new regime will have drafted a new QB while watching a couple QBs from the previous draft become All-Pro.
6 months ago...0-1.

In about 6 months the bucs will wonder why he sucks. In a year or so they will be wondering who dropped the ball on trading out of the #1 pick. In 2 years a new regime will have drafted a new QB while watching a couple QBs from the previous draft become All-Pro.
6 months ago...0-1.
:lmao: so much good in here
:lol: at least those of us who didn't question his ability, just his character, can wait patiently to see whether we were right.

FWIW, I hope I wasn't right. The kid looks good on the field and with Cam, Ryan, Winston and Brees in the same division, it's a lot more fun down south.

6 months ago...0-1.
:lmao: so much good in here
:lol: at least those of us who didn't question his ability, just his character, can wait patiently to see whether we were right.

FWIW, I hope I wasn't right. The kid looks good on the field and with Cam, Ryan, Winston and Brees in the same division, it's a lot more fun down south.
Yea but he hasn't done anything since yelling the vulgarity before the Clemson game in week 3 last year. That's about 14 months ago. Honestly the least of a Bucs fans concerns at this point I think.

10. Jameis Winston, QB, Buccaneers (61.4)

Two horrible performances scar the NFL start of Winston, but whats remarkable is how good he has been outside of that, and how little its gone noticed. Hes oozing star potential.

From PFF

Anyone starting him this weekend? I wonder if he is now on the verge of a breaking out in the second half of the season. His point totals have looked very nice all year, even with the INT's.

There's no turning Cappy into Lod. Lod should be called out for each and every ridiculously close-minded thing he's posted. Because he certainly won't admit he's wrong.
:lmao: Crowing up a storm now I see yet a few pages back, 3 games ago when Stinkston got his ### handed to him, you completely disappeared until the following week's game was over.

The top pass D's he's faced, cleaned his clock - TEN & CAR. The bottom feeder pass Ds of NO and JAX, he put up numbers on. Started out strong against middle of the pack WASH and then got shut down in the 3nd half and lost. HOU - worst team in the league and he did nothing against them.

It's a long road fellas. Crow away while you can. I'm in this for the long haul.

Anyone starting him this weekend? I wonder if he is now on the verge of a breaking out in the second half of the season. His point totals have looked very nice all year, even with the INT's.
He's certainly going to need to air it out a bit more this week to cover up for the defense, but he's lacking options and the Bucs are still going to try to lean on the running game.

It's a shame Jackson got hurt. Winston was really starting to look comfortable.

:lmao: Crowing up a storm now I see yet a few pages back, 3 games ago when Stinkston got his ### handed to him, you completely disappeared until the following week's game was over.The top pass D's he's faced, cleaned his clock - TEN & CAR. The bottom feeder pass Ds of NO and JAX, he put up numbers on. Started out strong against middle of the pack WASH and then got shut down in the 3nd half and lost. HOU - worst team in the league and he did nothing against them.

It's a long road fellas. Crow away while you can. I'm in this for the long haul.
What? The point is you were the only one declaring absolutes. No one is in here crowing to the degree you were criticizing.You are in this for the 'long haul'?? You said he's be done after 6 months, which is this weekend.

You can say and believe whatever you like. 177 big yards and a gift wrapped win. You probably discounted the 4 ATL TO's at least 2 in scoring position.

You can say and believe whatever you like. 177 big yards and a gift wrapped win. You probably discounted the 4 ATL TO's at least 2 in scoring position.
He didn't choke, which I don't know if you can say that about the other QB in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread