What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (5 Viewers)

OJ Howard on IR and I think Djax will end up there as well. Gonna have less options than usual. I would expect a motivated Carolina team to dominate this week. 

Tampa is pretty much decimated at this point. Monday night was their last hurrah this year. 

Theyre going to get their doors blown off these next two weeks. 
I think you guys are right that Carolina is poised to layeth the smacketh down on Tampa this weekend. I might still roll the dice on Winston (under the belief he's going to be throwing the whole game trying to keep them in it and wind up with a decent stat line) had he not lost two weapons and an O lineman Monday night. I think they're down on D, too. Just seems like too much and this one will be ugly.  

I think you guys are right that Carolina is poised to layeth the smacketh down on Tampa this weekend. I might still roll the dice on Winston (under the belief he's going to be throwing the whole game trying to keep them in it and wind up with a decent stat line) had he not lost two weapons and an O lineman Monday night. I think they're down on D, too. Just seems like too much and this one will be ugly.  
Jameis will have to be extremely efficient with their offensive possessions.  Carolina will be able to easily control this game on the ground.  If Tampa can't sustain drives they're not going to be getting the ball back too much.

Is 21/27 for 367 for almost 14 yards per attempt on the road underhanded against a 10-win team any good? Playing with an offensive line that allowed you to be hurried almost every play?

I dunno, it's almost like he was hurt for a large part of the year or something? 
Wow I don't know but there may be something to this. Maybe his throwing shoulder was hurt or something. It's almost like there were medical reports about it and everything but some people just chose to ignore it as it didn't fit their dumb I won you lost narrative. 

Anyways. 

:lmao:  You lost. I think his meds wore off at the end of the game. I thought his bug eyes were going to pop out of his head. No W eating this week again. Didn't watch the whole game, how many turnovers did he have? At least one or was it 2 again?

You don't seem to know when to quit either and you end up getting slapped in the face every time you spout off. Be it the next week or 2 weeks later.

Looks like he fumbled 3 times and lost them all. But hey, lots of yards and a big YPA. When Gruden is the HC, this will be fun. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Brady rips a teammate or a coach and he’s a fiery leader. 

Jameis unloads on an official after a hard fought game, in which he played great again, and he’s childish. Go figure.

I’d say he has a reason to be upset. He came out of there with the ball. He also found the ref after the game and apologized. 

Some serious frustration and emotion coming out as we near the culmination of another disappointing season. 

Jameis unloads on an official after a hard fought game, in which he played great again, and he’s childish. Go figure.

I’d say he has a reason to be upset. He came out of there with the ball. He also found the ref after the game and apologized. 

Some serious frustration and emotion coming out as we near the culmination of another disappointing season. 
Yuuuuup. 100% this. 

That jump ball he threw up against Carolina was breathtakingly bad even though Humphries came down with it. It wasn't a back shoulder fade. It wasn't a go-up-and-get-it. It was a bad gamble that paid off.  

Plus 5 fumbles lost.

Don't forget them.
Just gonna put those on him and not the Oline that isn't going to let him plant his feet? Ok. 

You guys would just be better off saying I hate this f'n guy and there is nothing he could do to change my mind. At least save everybody time. 

Just gonna put those on him and not the Oline that isn't going to let him plant his feet? Ok. 

You guys would just be better off saying I hate this f'n guy and there is nothing he could do to change my mind. At least save everybody time. 
I don't hate Winston.

Would just like him to play smarter.

Like not throwing the ball up for grabs.

(I know...I know...he's trying)

Unbiased people see the same chronic issue with him.

He's young, so there's time to tighten this up.

I don't hate Winston.

Would just like him to play smarter.

Like not throwing the ball up for grabs.

(I know...I know...he's trying)

Unbiased people see the same chronic issue with him.

He's young, so there's time to tighten this up.
The throw up for grabs isn't what we were talking about though. You brought up the fumbles, as if there was anything he could do on most of them. 

I cringed on the heave downfield but he also had a guy that was in single coverage deep. It was kind of dumb but hardly that bad of a decision. Gotta count on your receivers to win those and he did. 

The throw up for grabs isn't what we were talking about though. You brought up the fumbles, as if there was anything he could do on most of them. 

I cringed on the heave downfield but he also had a guy that was in single coverage deep. It was kind of dumb but hardly that bad of a decision. Gotta count on your receivers to win those and he did. 
I'm talking about his turnovers in general, not just one.

Far too many are cringe-worthy.

You know the ones I'm referring to.

Like I said before, he's young.

His judgment will hopefully improve.

I'm talking about his turnovers in general, not just one.

Far too many are cringe-worthy.

You know the ones I'm referring to.

Like I said before, he's young.

His judgment will hopefully improve.
He's got 8 interceptions on the year to 18 touchdowns. I'm gonna guess in the history of the NFL there has never been a QB with less than 10 picks in a year that has received this much grief. 

You can probably put a few of the fumbles on him but most are from blindside hits due to his league worst LT or a blitz coming right from the gut. 

And yes I agree his decision making can improve. 

He's got 8 interceptions on the year to 18 touchdowns. I'm gonna guess in the history of the NFL there has never been a QB with less than 10 picks in a year that has received this much grief

You can probably put a few of the fumbles on him but most are from blindside hits due to his league worst LT or a blitz coming right from the gut. 

And yes I agree his decision making can improve. 
I seem to recall Nate Peterman getting crucified in here and he only threw 5...

I know I'm late to the party with this but he's always been considered immature. There's a difference when a guy who's a known leader is ripping someone and a guy who has been known for immaturity. 

This story seems to be all over the place. Meaning there seems no clear cut and dry story from either party. I will say I wouldn't put it past Winston either. They covered up the Rapes at FSU. A good friend of mine I've known for a few yrs who I met at an Eagles tailgate and maybe 8 yrs older then me was a media member in Carolina covering The Panthers until she moved to FL. The guy she worked with his wife was the Attorney on the Winston case and straight up admitted to my friend the case was covered up so Winston could play. Take it with a grain of salt but a really good friend of mine who I graduated HS with went to FSU on a LAX scholarship and graduated in 10 from FSU but has a few friends who have one had a brother on the team when Winston was there or guys who knew guys on the team. Being a student athlete you get a lot of dirt from colleges. This isn't picking on FSU because a lot of this happens at every college. Many of the guys don't even have the SAT and other test scores needed to even be eligible for enrollment of the college. Many of the athletes their homework is done by others or smarter students are paid to go to class for them. Again non of this should be new to anyone who isn't naive to how dirty College sports are. However my buddy also told me how his friends brother on the team said yeah Winton did rape both of those girls and even named other teammates involved. The team would literally joke about it too and most of the university and surround pro FSU media in the area slut shamed both women saying they did it just for money and nothing ever happened. Take it with a grain of salt as usual but that's two people who apparently know people in the known who have told me this. Plus given the whole PSU Scandal I don't put it past anyone this happened at another school. Been saying for awhile once the statue of limitations is expired NCAA will go after FSU like they did PSU. They just didn't want a guy who was in the running for their most prestigious award and team making them a ton of money at that time to have their image damaged. The NCAA doesn't care about the Victims just the money these teams make.

As for Winston as a football player I'm glad he's not my franchises QB. Never liked him in college (Partly my UF biased though I loved Cook) but I thought he was incredible inconsistent and had a defense that helped him. I believe his last year in college he started out 1st half of games terrible. I think if memory serves me right reading he lead all of NCAA in 1st half INTS thrown. FSU was lucky with their defense keeping in games till he settled down. SHould've lost his last Florida game where they had 4 picks and Winston had only 125 yards of offense. They didn't have great QB play UF and Harding the kicker missed two FGs in a 24-19 FSU win. Winston has always been inconsistent and at times seems like he's not in the game. Missed hand offs and other focus type issues a QB shouldn't have. He also has had a tendencies to miss high which is ok in College ut will get picked off or batted away in the pros. The good thing for him is he has Evans a WR who can go up the latter. I don't think Winston is a bust at this point and he needs to mature better or not put himself in situations to be accused of something. He's just incredible inconsistent. I wish TB the best luck in figuring this out though

This story seems to be all over the place. Meaning there seems no clear cut and dry story from either party. I will say I wouldn't put it past Winston either. They covered up the Rapes at FSU. A good friend of mine I've known for a few yrs who I met at an Eagles tailgate and maybe 8 yrs older then me was a media member in Carolina covering The Panthers until she moved to FL. The guy she worked with his wife was the Attorney on the Winston case and straight up admitted to my friend the case was covered up so Winston could play. Take it with a grain of salt but a really good friend of mine who I graduated HS with went to FSU on a LAX scholarship and graduated in 10 from FSU but has a few friends who have one had a brother on the team when Winston was there or guys who knew guys on the team. Being a student athlete you get a lot of dirt from colleges. This isn't picking on FSU because a lot of this happens at every college. Many of the guys don't even have the SAT and other test scores needed to even be eligible for enrollment of the college. Many of the athletes their homework is done by others or smarter students are paid to go to class for them. Again non of this should be new to anyone who isn't naive to how dirty College sports are. However my buddy also told me how his friends brother on the team said yeah Winton did rape both of those girls and even named other teammates involved. The team would literally joke about it too and most of the university and surround pro FSU media in the area slut shamed both women saying they did it just for money and nothing ever happened. Take it with a grain of salt as usual but that's two people who apparently know people in the known who have told me this. Plus given the whole PSU Scandal I don't put it past anyone this happened at another school. Been saying for awhile once the statue of limitations is expired NCAA will go after FSU like they did PSU. They just didn't want a guy who was in the running for their most prestigious award and team making them a ton of money at that time to have their image damaged. The NCAA doesn't care about the Victims just the money these teams make.

As for Winston as a football player I'm glad he's not my franchises QB. Never liked him in college (Partly my UF biased though I loved Cook) but I thought he was incredible inconsistent and had a defense that helped him. I believe his last year in college he started out 1st half of games terrible. I think if memory serves me right reading he lead all of NCAA in 1st half INTS thrown. FSU was lucky with their defense keeping in games till he settled down. SHould've lost his last Florida game where they had 4 picks and Winston had only 125 yards of offense. They didn't have great QB play UF and Harding the kicker missed two FGs in a 24-19 FSU win. Winston has always been inconsistent and at times seems like he's not in the game. Missed hand offs and other focus type issues a QB shouldn't have. He also has had a tendencies to miss high which is ok in College ut will get picked off or batted away in the pros. The good thing for him is he has Evans a WR who can go up the latter. I don't think Winston is a bust at this point and he needs to mature better or not put himself in situations to be accused of something. He's just incredible inconsistent. I wish TB the best luck in figuring this out though

:lol:

Bucs exercised Jameis Winston's fifth-year option for 2019.

There was never any doubt Tampa would pick up the option. Winston is now scheduled to earn an injury-guaranteed $20.922 million in 2019, but it is likely the Bucs explore an extension before Winston enters the final year of his deal. The No. 1 overall pick of the 2015 draft, Winston has thrown 69 touchdowns against 44 interceptions through his first three years in the league.

Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter 

Apr 17 - 10:32 AM

Why did that guy type all that out? Yeah, I’m sure Jameis is really dwelling on those poor starts against UF. 

Wat? 

Why did that guy type all that out? Yeah, I’m sure Jameis is really dwelling on those poor starts against UF. 

Wat? 
Not just UF he LED ALL OF NCAA IN 1ST HALF INTS his SENIOR YEAR. He also has severe ADHD on the field. I can't wait for TB to overpay this sexual predator bum. 

DJackson10 said:
Not just UF he LED ALL OF NCAA IN 1ST HALF INTS his SENIOR YEAR. He also has severe ADHD on the field. I can't wait for TB to overpay this sexual predator bum. 
1) who cares about the INTs it was like 4 years ago and they still went 13-1. 

2) nobody read all that crap you posted 

3) he was never a senior in college 

However my buddy also told me how his friends brother on the team said yeah Winton did rape both of those girls and even named other teammates involved. The team would literally joke about it too and most of the university and surround pro FSU media in the area slut shamed both women saying they did it just for money and nothing ever happened.
Does this seem remotely believable to you? You think the team literally made jokes about Winston raping a young co-ed?

No one on the team has a sister?

Does this seem remotely believable to you? You think the team literally made jokes about Winston raping a young co-ed?

No one on the team has a sister?
Your naive if you don't think this. I have friends who played with Dan Connor as he went to school in my are and his school played in my league. The PSU players would joke all the time according to friends of his about screwing drunk girls all the time who never knew what was going on. These guys are no different then your office workers who sexually harass verbally or physical their female co workers. These guys don't care. They are hypocrites. If it was their sister they'd have the pitch forks out and wanting to hang you but its ok for them because they are a Student athlete and have carte blanche because they know the university will protect them at all cost if they are a good enough player. I be if you opened up every school athlete who had a charged Rape or assault on them you'd be surprised how many of these were covered up. Given all the other dirty things in the NCAA the government could have ample enough evidence to shut down the whole college sports industry if they wanted too. You got to remember many of these athletes come from broken homes and neighborhoods where even someones life is respected let alone a females. 

Dan Connor's injury history btw wasn't from just being injury prone. It was from massive steroid use in HS and college. There's been rumors for yrs his HS Strath Haven the football coaches were supplying the players with PEDs like candy. For a long time SH was destroying CL competition. Some just thought they were that good but there were some unconfirmed rumors at on at least 4 occasions in three separate years in away games there were witness reports of coaches inserting PED's into some players. The issue here was this was before better cell phone technology. I'm sure PSU wasn't the only school doing this but I know several people including a neighbor who use to work there who was threatened by Joe Paterno on several occasions to stop messing with his players. This was well before the Sandusky situation. Even blackmailed my neighbor threatening to make false reports against him so he would never get another college job. 

So, you don't like Winston. That's fine. I live in TB and I don't know anyone who refers to him as a sexual predator bum. Most fans seem quite happy with his production so far, and expect , providing he's healthy, a big year from him and Evans. The joking about the rape stuff seems like sketchy information at best. No way they were laughing about rape. 

Agreed. Bucs gave him a good amount of coin so they must not be worried about him. Didn’t watch a lot of games so I am not sure what happened last year. 
He needs good QB play or he's just not that great. Like Hopkins. He was terrible in 2016. That's why OBJ is in a tier of his own. He's been the most dominant WR since his first year and he's done it all with Eli playing behind an horrible OL. That being said, Evans and Winston are going to be a high powered combo for years to come. Will be interesting to see the dynamic Jones brings to this team. The one thing I will say about Winston, his skills are elite, but he's got to grow up a little and be a leader.

So, you don't like Winston. That's fine. I live in TB and I don't know anyone who refers to him as a sexual predator bum. Most fans seem quite happy with his production so far, and expect , providing he's healthy, a big year from him and Evans. The joking about the rape stuff seems like sketchy information at best. No way they were laughing about rape. 
Have you ever played team sports? A lot of guys joke about that. A friend of mine ended up on one of Joe Paterno's PSU teams as a walk on and guys joked about that type of thing all the time. That's fine fans like him there. All Im saying is people shouldn't be surprised in 20 yrs this comes out that FSU covered this up. This is no different then the PSU thing or the Larry Nasser MSU situation right now. Plus FSU slut shamed both women as well so it's not hard to think the football team joked about it either. One clown said the victims should repay the money they got to the school since they didn't deserve it anyway. Why would they give the money they got from the school back to people who covered up a heinous crime that happened to them? 

Dr. Octopus said:
Just stop. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Your naive if you don't think theres other programs that did this. It's no different then Christians who turned their back of the Pedo's in the church for yrs. These colleges are all about making money and so is the NCAA. It's why I laugh when the NCAA punishes these student athletes from trying to gain etc money but don't punish the schools for covering up such heinous crimes they know about because said school is making the NCAA bank. 

Your naive if you don't think theres other programs that did this. It's no different then Christians who turned their back of the Pedo's in the church for yrs. These colleges are all about making money and so is the NCAA. It's why I laugh when the NCAA punishes these student athletes from trying to gain etc money but don't punish the schools for covering up such heinous crimes they know about because said school is making the NCAA bank. 
Sandusky and Nasser have both been convicted of serious crimes. Winston has not. He’s inlvolved in a “he said, she said” situation with a drunken co-ed and we do not know exactly what happened there.

Assuming he did go too far with that girl that night it would surely be a horrible act, but you comparing that situation to serial pedophilia and/or a physician taking advantage of his situation to fondle college aged girls shows you have a serious ax to grind.

Sandusky and Nasser have both been convicted of serious crimes. Winston has not. He’s inlvolved in a “he said, she said” situation with a drunken co-ed and we do not know exactly what happened there.

Assuming he did go too far with that girl that night it would surely be a horrible act, but you comparing that situation to serial pedophilia and/or a physician taking advantage of his situation to fondle college aged girls shows you have a serious ax to grind.

Let’s not overlook that the girl’s story kept changing repeatedly to the point where it was felt she had no credibility whatsoever.

No I'm comparing situations colleges cover up all the time. If you don't think college's cover up crimes of their star players I have some Florida swamp land to sell you. All these colleges are dirty. You can send a FBI government investigation into the NCAA and within 2 yrs probably shut down college athletics as a whole for life with the F Up stuff they've all covered up for yrs all for $$$. There's a report from the NY Times during that time that FSU and campus police F'd up the investigation and witnesses say the cops interrogated the Victim like she was the one being arrested. They asked and went through her Cell Phone but none of the players. The Florida State attorney running the case William Megs was a FSU law graduate. Gee that's not a conflict of interests. This was btw the first case of reported assault that was national news. A second allegation was quickly covered up by the school. Both girls were slut shamed by FSU faculty and students. It's was horrible. 

“[P]olice did not follow the obvious leads that would have quickly identified the suspect as well as witnesses, one of whom videotaped part of the sexual encounter.” Angullo and the TPD did not contact the bar where the alleged victim, Winston, and other football players who witnessed the attack had been earlier in the night to obtain surveillance video of their time there. Angullo also made no effort to find the “football player named Chris” that the accuser had identified as one of the men she left the bar with. After failing on early attempts, Angullo stopped trying to track down the taxi driver who had taken the woman and the football players home from the bar.

— Angullo, the lead investigator, waited two months to file his first police report of the incident, and he “prematurely suspended his inquiry without informing the accuser.” This prohibited Angullo and the TPD from obtaining valuable evidence in the case, including a video that existed on the phone of one of the players who allegedly witnessed the sexual encounter.

— After the woman identified Winston as her attacker on January 10, 2013, the TPD waited more than two weeks to contact Winston, and then only did so by phone. Winston declined to talk. Angullo also decided against subjecting Winston to a DNA test. He then suspended the investigation. Winston would not submit to a DNA test until the State Attorney’s Office took up the case nearly a year later.

— Police did not subpoena phone records from Winston or either two witnesses “even though they investigated all electronic communications to and from the accuser around the time of the sexual encounter.”

The Times investigation also found that the university made mistakes — possibly in violation of federal law — in how it handled the case:

— Though the FSU athletic department “had known early on that Mr. Winston had been accused of a serious crime,” the school did not seem to launch its own inquiry into the case until after the football season was completed. Federal law requires athletic department officials who have knowledge of sexual crimes to notify university administrators. Florida State did not comment to the Times about whether it had launched its own investigation into the case before the allegations became public.
Daily Times reports how FSU botched Winston case

"FSU’s victim advocate office had 113 sexual assault reports over 2014, yet FSU’s administration reported only 14 sexual assaults to the federal government."

Gee that doesn't sound like a heinous crime at all

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kirby-****/how-florida-state-covered_b_9421824.html

All I can say if you believe many of these guys are innocent don't act surprise when it comes out yrs from now all these cover ups. I knew someone who worked in the PSU offices that disciplined students. She left after Paterno threatened her if she went after his players and when she reported the threats to the University who laughed it off and she quit shortly there after I started telling people after she moved near me (As I live in a very pro PSU community do to the alumni #s here) don't be surprised if something big comes out of PSU soon. People use to ask what I meant I said PSU and JoePa aren't as clean of a program as you think. this football thing of these guys going to another kids dorm and beating him up is only the tip of the iceberg. These guys should've been kicked off the team and expelled but weren't. I didn't think we'd get the whole Sandusky thing. Just knew people who knew PSU wasn't running a clean program. Plus like I said my buddy at FSU said FSU was breaking similar rules on Student athletes. Many of these programs don't care about the rules and the NCAA only goes after the schools and student athletes for petty non sense especially when it comes to the student athlete trying to make money the NCAA feels is theirs instead. There's been programs that have totally destroyed a kids athletic career or threaten too if they fessed up on dealings with in the school as well in terms of cover ups. 

Let’s not overlook that the girl’s story kept changing repeatedly to the point where it was felt she had no credibility whatsoever.
The story kept changing because thats what the FSU police reported her saying which she never did. Eye witnesses and other people said the FSU cops actually interrogated her like she was the suspect. Forced her into answers they wanted from her because they were trying to protect Winston and the football program. They also went and checked all her stuff but never investigated cell phone footage or anything involving Winston and the other players who were reportedly involved. Let's also not overlook there was a second victim too. I just copied and pasted a nice little researched thing how FSU had 215 reports of sexual assault in 2014 and only 14 were ever reported. FSU by that standard actually broke federal laws. And unlike anyone else I had a very good friend of mine who you know actually went to the school so I think he'd know a little more about stuff then what a couple of dudes on a message board would. I don't know if you guys are FSU fans or alumni pulling the old PSU everyone is out to get us defense, Tampa fans or just pure Winston fans but these cover ups happen all the time in college sports. They need to stop. These athletes aren't entitled. They are no different then any other student there and shouldn't get special treatment. If Billy bob committed the same crime as lets just throw Joe Mixon in here Billy Bob is gonna get more punished then Joe Mixon because Joe Mixon plays football and makes the school a lot more money. Read both articles I just posted and you'll see how FSU botched this. The victims were treated like they were the criminals. Even her own lawyers said it seemed like FSU was trying to go as slow as possible to wait till after the football season was over to do anything about it. 

Users who are viewing this thread