What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Martavis Bryant (2 Viewers)

I find it perplexing how the Steelers not even trying to get the ball into his hands. He's such a physical mismatch. :dunno:

Ben just zones in on Brown. This guy was better off with Vick/Landry. What a waste of talent. No wonder he's smoking it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben is out for "a few weeks" with a a foot sprain. A lot of today was on Bryant IMO, he still saw 7 targets but struggled with drops. I think I'd still rather have Ben under center but at least we know Jones isn't afraid to take shots with Bryant.

Next Gen Stats: Slow WRs behind Packers' woes

Excerpt:

The contrast in weapons for Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger is stark. Whereas the Packers' receivers struggle to separate from coverage, Steelers wideouts Martavis Bryant and Antonio Brown finished first and second in maximum speed, hitting 22.30 and 21.76 mph, respectively, with the ball in their hands. Essentially an alien in football pads, the 6-foot-4 Bryant generated three of the eight fastest speeds by a ball carrier in Week 10. In addition to combining for 317 yards and three touchdowns, the dynamic duo drew an astounding 141 yards in pass interference penalties versus an overmatched Browns secondary.

Next Gen Stats: Slow WRs behind Packers' woes

Excerpt:

The contrast in weapons for Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger is stark. Whereas the Packers' receivers struggle to separate from coverage, Steelers wideouts Martavis Bryant and Antonio Brown finished first and second in maximum speed, hitting 22.30 and 21.76 mph, respectively, with the ball in their hands. Essentially an alien in football pads, the 6-foot-4 Bryant generated three of the eight fastest speeds by a ball carrier in Week 10. In addition to combining for 317 yards and three touchdowns, the dynamic duo drew an astounding 141 yards in pass interference penalties versus an overmatched Browns secondary.
One could say there is no starks resemblance in offensive weapons.

Any concerns against Seattle (wk 12) or Denver (wk 15)? I feel like he has reached must start status as long as Ben is playing but just thought id ask you guys.

I have no concerns at all about starting a healthy Bryant week in and week out. An über stud playing opposite an even bigger uber stud who will always draw the other team's best corner. With an uber stud qb throwing him the rock.

Sign me up!!

I've sat him the 2 weeks he's blown up and started him the dud week/decent weeks lol

I've sat him the 2 weeks he's blown up and started him the dud week/decent weeks lol
This first week he was back I think week 6 I understand that. Vick was at qb, and we weren't sure exactly how involved he would be in the game plan. There were stretches last year where he was completely ignored as a rookie.

In week 6 I struggled mightily bw martavis and Diggs. Ended up going with martavis. Diggs had a solid game. 129 rec. and did a lot of his damage in the first half. While Bryant was flopping. Then Landry came in and laser focused on Bryant and he exploded for 2 tds I believe. One that was a highlight reel.

After that I knew that this guy is a permanent fixture in my lineups ros unless it's a choice bw him and JULIO, Antonio brown, odb.

This first week he was back I think week 6 I understand that. Vick was at qb, and we weren't sure exactly how involved he would be in the game plan. There were stretches last year where he was completely ignored as a rookie.

In week 6 I struggled mightily bw martavis and Diggs. Ended up going with martavis. Diggs had a solid game. 129 rec. and did a lot of his damage in the first half. While Bryant was flopping. Then Landry came in and laser focused on Bryant and he exploded for 2 tds I believe. One that was a highlight reel.

After that I knew that this guy is a permanent fixture in my lineups ros unless it's a choice bw him and JULIO, Antonio brown, odb.
starting Bryant over Hopkins huh??

This first week he was back I think week 6 I understand that. Vick was at qb, and we weren't sure exactly how involved he would be in the game plan. There were stretches last year where he was completely ignored as a rookie. In week 6 I struggled mightily bw martavis and Diggs. Ended up going with martavis. Diggs had a solid game. 129 rec. and did a lot of his damage in the first half. While Bryant was flopping. Then Landry came in and laser focused on Bryant and he exploded for 2 tds I believe. One that was a highlight reel.

Yeah I should have stuck to that. But I didn't really miss the extra 5-10 points (non ppr) however ROS hes not leaving my lineup!

packer_junkie said:
rickyg said:
Loipz said:
This first week he was back I think week 6 I understand that. Vick was at qb, and we weren't sure exactly how involved he would be in the game plan. There were stretches last year where he was completely ignored as a rookie.In week 6 I struggled mightily bw martavis and Diggs. Ended up going with martavis. Diggs had a solid game. 129 rec. and did a lot of his damage in the first half. While Bryant was flopping. Then Landry came in and laser focused on Bryant and he exploded for 2 tds I believe. One that was a highlight reel.

starting Bryant over Hopkins huh??
. My bad forgot Hopkins. Lol

Been playing Brown, Ben, and Bryant in one league. Another owner released Deangelo so he will be in our silent auction next week as well.

If he was hypothetically caught getting high over the bye week a league implemented suspension would probably be implemented next season correct? Of course that doesn't mean he'd be exempt from team punishment but seeing as how they're fighting for a playoff spot and they need him on the field I'm less worried about the latter.

Uh oh.... Bad week for something like this to happen. If your only other option is a WR playing tomorrow and you find out on Sunday that he's suspended...

There's a lot to love about Bryant, but I see some red flags as well. His height and speed and leaping are off the charts, but he's not physical, doesnt wrestle balls aways from defenders (or prevent them from being stripped out on the way down) and has mental mistakes. I wonder how much of his success is being opposite the best WR in football. Right now, the Steelers can exploit all the best parts of Bryants game. If AB werent there, or Bryant on a different team, his problems with route running, drops, and lack of confidence in him as a possession target might make him very average. That being said, that isnt the position he's in for the forseeable future. I guess my point is we may be seeing Bryants ceiling here, not signs of even bigger things to come. But thats still pretty damned good.

Anyone have an update on this guy? Rotoworld has a DNP on Wed but no update for Thur, hoping to hear something before tonights game.

Users who are viewing this thread