What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Ameer Abdullah - The Bandwagon (5 Viewers)

Of course you're not getting rid of AA in dynasty, that's not up for debate. In redraft it's going to depend on league size, bench size, format and etc. I wouldn't fault someone for dropping him in 10-team standard but in your average 12-team PPR I would hold.

Fool me once, shame on you (Week 4). Fool me twice, shame on me (week 5). Fool me three times....... #######it. If Riddick doesn't go I might have to throw him in flex again...... I assume Joique will play this week as well?

This is a big week for him to keep his spot on my 12 team non ppr redraft league. I only have 6 spots and he is certainly on the chopping block.

If Riddick sits his floor will be high enough that I think he's worth flexing. I don't see how his floor could be less than 10 points in PPR unless DET absolutely crushes CHI and they sit on Bell all game (won't happen).

Dave Birkett@davebirkett 9m9 minutes ago

Lions practice report: Riddick sits; Lions might not have their two-minute RB for Sunday http://on.freep.com/1RMBEU9 via @freep

Looks like Abdullah has some more targets coming his way now that Riddick is out of the picture... Maybe.
That would be the logical outcome, but Caldwell and Lombardi will screw this up somehow. All the targets will probably go to Pettigrew or some other random player on the depth chart, resulting in mostly drops.

I might have to start this guy with Gurley/Martin on bye. If Riddick is out, I'd feel better.
Seems likely as he missed Friday's practice. Its a good matchup for AA, but not much other reason to feel hopeful.

If Forsett can't go I will have to Flex him. Otherwise I'm holding and hoping it turns around. Biggest disappointment of the year for me, thought I stole him in the 6th.

ESPN Lions reporter Michael Rothstein considers Ameer Abdullah a candidate for a breakout game.
The Lions have the worst run offense in the league, but Abdullah has at least a chance to get on track this week against a Bears defense that’s allowing the ninth most rushing yards. Joique Bell (questionable, ankle) is expected to return, but shouldn’t have more than a short-yardage role. With Theo Riddick (groin) looking unlikely for Sunday, Abdullah projects for the majority of early-down and all pass/hurry-up snaps. Abdullah is a boom/bust RB3 for Week 6.

For those of us in PPR (so essentially all of us) Riddick has been the variable to most greatly negatively affect AA this year. Riddick has averaged a 6/45/0 receiving line this year, 10.5 PPG that would have gone a long way in buoying AA's floor. If Riddick sits I think he's a legit RB2 in PPR this week. Whether or not you want to start him or trade him, this week will give his value a legitimate boost.

Wow, I'm seriously considering starting this guy again. If Theo sits, do I start AA over Boldin in flex?

My only major concern is that joique steals Theos targets too.....isn't joique a pretty good pass catching back too? Isn't that how he began to make noise with the lions? As their 3rd down passcatcher?

Im going with him only because I have nothing better. Hopefully he keeps the ball secure because I think he gets a good amount of touches.

That is of course IF he can hold onto the ball.

Im going with him only because I have nothing better. Hopefully he keeps the ball secure because I think he gets a good amount of touches.

That is of course IF he can hold onto the ball.
I'm hoping too. Out of need as an rb2 in a 14 teamer ppr. Ugh. Bye weeks suck.

I'm giving him one last chance today. Great matchup, at home, Riddick a bit gimpy. If he doesn't produce today I'll write him off for rest of year.

With my only other option a banged up Ryan Mathews, I'm rolling the dice. Long term, I still believe he's easily the most talented anyway.

But very nervous about the short term. Hate fumbleitis

It almost looks like this guy tackles himself half the time. It's unreal how quickly he goes down when someone gets the tiniest fingernail on him.

Gonna try to drop him for LaFell in a league with tight roster limits. He's blown an absolutely golden opportunity with all the fumbles.

Guys, guys..

Zenner is done for the year, Bell was downgraded to limited today and Riddick's hammy is still ailing him. All we need is for Winn to get hit by a truck after DET actives him off the PS and we might get 10 points out of AA this week in PPR.

Guys, guys..

Zenner is done for the year, Bell was downgraded to limited today and Riddick's hammy is still ailing him. All we need is for Winn to get hit by a truck after DET actives him off the PS and we might get 10 points out of AA this week in PPR.
Jesus, if Bell is out do we take a chance on this kid again???? Kinda crazy how rewinding to week 1 this would have been the absolute IDEAL scenario for him to thrive.

Minnesota got destroyed by Hyde week 1 but since then have been really stout against the run, per yahoo:

Minnesota has given up the 6th fewest fantasy points to Running Backs this season.
Hillman did post 100+ and TD last week though....

Decision decisions.

Pushed his per game average over 30 today with his stellar 8-43-0 performance. Oh, and zero targets.

Droppable in all redraft formats.

Pushed his per game average over 30 today with his stellar 8-43-0 performance. Oh, and zero targets.

Droppable in all redraft formats.
He will rot on my bench instead of dropping him and watching someone pick him up free and then go off after investing a high pick on him.

On pace for:

765 yards from scrimmage

4.57 TDs

30 receptions

3.58 YPC

I invested a sixth rounder in him and was thrilled to get JStew in return. The latter is almost worthless in full PPR, won't start him, but if something happens to one of my lead backs at least I'll have a guy who is productive most weeks.

I no longer see any upside in AA. Bell, Burton or Winn will get RZ carries. Theo is the man in the passing game. If something happens to Riddick he might have Flex appeal but that's about it. The offense is woeful and though Abdullah is talented he is not a transcendent talent that can overcome the O-line or leadership deficiencies in Detroit.

Regardless of what you paid for him, it's a Sunk Cost. Your investment won't change based on what you do today or in the future. But continuing to hold a wasted roster spot may incur Opportunity Cost because you are foregoing more productive players who could help your team.

Caveat: Redraft only. Hold in Dynasty and hope for better seasons ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread