What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (6 Viewers)

:lmao:

Wrexham AFC @Wrexham_AFC · 4m

Following today’s announcement we can now officially reveal the identity of ‘Trialist M’
#WxmAFC

Quote Tweet

FC Barcelona @FCBarcelona· 47m

LATEST NEWS | Leo #Messi will not continue with FC Barcelona

I think this guy is likely on the right track here

==============

amar singh

@amarjourno

I don’t see Messi leaving Barca. It’s all in the statement. Player and Club reached an agreement but ‘Spanish Liga regulations’ means there are obstacles. Over to you LaLiga if you want to have the best player in the world still in this league.

Grealish to City official now too

100m pounds /$140m

I am sure they can find away to pay Messi's wages, esp if there is no transfer fee....

Grealish to City official now too

100m pounds /$140m

I am sure they can find away to pay Messi's wages, esp if there is no transfer fee....
And they gave him #10

Meanwhile, the Chuckle Brothers, Harry and Charlie, are stuck in Florida, catching the Delta Variant, and wondering where it all went wrong...

Is City going with the vaunted 4-1-5-0 lineup?

_______
Sterling Grealish KDB Foden Mahrez
                            Rodri
         Cancelo Dias Stones Walker
                        Ederson

Is City going with the vaunted 4-1-5-0 lineup?

_______
Sterling Grealish KDB Foden Mahrez
                            Rodri
         Cancelo Dias Stones Walker
                        Ederson
Mahrez should be hightailing it outta there soon enough 

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Club Brugge and the New England Revolution have agreed in principle for a deal around $7m for Tajon Buchanan, I’m told. Would have a loan back to NE for the season The deal is NOT done yet. No agreement on personal terms w/ Buchanan. Two Bundesliga clubs still in the race

Tom Bogert

@tombogert

Club Brugge and the New England Revolution have agreed in principle for a deal around $7m for Tajon Buchanan, I’m told. Would have a loan back to NE for the season The deal is NOT done yet. No agreement on personal terms w/ Buchanan. Two Bundesliga clubs still in the race
No offense to Belgium, but he seems ready for a big 5 league...bundesliga would be perfect.

MESSI IS A FREE AGENT AND WILL NOT BE RESIGNING WITH BARCA!!!!  THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

I REPEAT MESSI IS A FREE AGENT AND WILL NOT BE RESIGNING WITH BARCA!!!!  

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1423341016455819271

FC Barcelona

@FCBarcelona

It's very disappointing because Messi wants to stay and the club wants it too. La Liga is being very strict on their salary cap and Barcelona is not able to sell high-wage players who refuse to leave. Bartemou's fault for signing these deals.

This is a great example of why the Super League is, unfortunately, inevitable.  Global clubs are not going to allow domestic leagues to prevent them from keeping star players like this.

I think this guy is likely on the right track here

==============

amar singh

@amarjourno

I don’t see Messi leaving Barca. It’s all in the statement. Player and Club reached an agreement but ‘Spanish Liga regulations’ means there are obstacles. Over to you LaLiga if you want to have the best player in the world still in this league.

Hopefully this is all a ploy to motivate Javier Tebas. I think it is real though.

Real Madrid and FCB seem in total revolt against La Liga now. La Liga itself is trying to sell a large part of its rights for billions in a deal both clubs oppose. There was an announcement just today about Real suing La Liga. I don't think we go back from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
MESSI IS A FREE AGENT AND WILL NOT BE RESIGNING WITH BARCA!!!!  THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

I REPEAT MESSI IS A FREE AGENT AND WILL NOT BE RESIGNING WITH BARCA!!!!  

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1423341016455819271

FC Barcelona

@FCBarcelona

Want to know why this happened? LaLiga wouldn't let Barca register Messi if they didn't sign an agreement to disband from the Super League. Barca Felt the SL was more important. 

He can Come to Milan but I will admit him joining Napoli would be awesome in so many ways. Plus Calcio would rather have Messi over CR7 anyday. 

Juventus is gonna just keeping being racist like only Juventus can

and then the apology tweet

Here's our Gee we didn't mean to offend anyone but we did and you should just get over it tweet

Juventus has a history with bigotry and racism 

Juventus Ultras Arrested

A second moment of Serie A finally standing up to be counted came on Monday morning, as 12 leading Juventus Ultras were arrested after a year-long investigation by the authorities in Turin. Working undercover, police tapped over 225,000 phone calls between leaders of the “Drughi,” “Nucleo 1985,” “Tradizione-Antichi Valori,” and “Viking” groups, establishing evidence of conspiracy, extortion, money laundering, and violence.

The issue came down to those Ultras threatening racist chanting in the stadium if the club’s management did not supply them with tickets that they could then sell on for a profit; Juventus decided enough was enough and took the matter to the local authorities. 

Moise Kean had racist chants and threats by Cagalri in 2019 Allegri and the club failed to defend the player

Juventus player ripped for saying fans’ racial taunts partly the fault of black teammate

This is all within the past few yrs. I didn't even go down the rabbit hole of this one yet 

Pics of Juventus signage by the Ultras defending racists, racist signs etc

Last edited by a moderator:
in other Italian News SUining Has gone back on signings saying they only want to spend 50% of the money on sales of Hakimi and Lukaku. Now Marotta and Ausilio now (once again) threatening to step down as is Inzaghi. The whole management team and Manager are ready to step down because of Suining. Well at least Inter fans can enjoy their Scudetto they won last year still 

In some better news financially for Serie A and Calcio 

The Italian Government has given the all-clear to opening up stadiums at 50% capacity, reducing social distancing with a ‘chequerboard’ effect. This means the gaps will be counted even diagonally, allowing for more people to fit into the arenas. (

@footballitalia

It's very disappointing because Messi wants to stay and the club wants it too. La Liga is being very strict on their salary cap and Barcelona is not able to sell high-wage players who refuse to leave. Bartemou's fault for signing these deals.

This is a great example of why the Super League is, unfortunately, inevitable.  Global clubs are not going to allow domestic leagues to prevent them from keeping star players like this.

Hopefully this is all a ploy to motivate Javier Tebas. I think it is real though.

Real Madrid and FCB seem in total revolt against La Liga now. La Liga itself is trying to sell a large part of its rights for billions in a deal both clubs oppose. There was an announcement just today about Real suing La Liga. I don't think we go back from here.

The talk this morning on the radio was how Javier Tebas has stated his goal is to make La Liga a more competitive league and bring the value of everyone up.  He was taking shots at Barca today.  They have some investment money coming in too, but RM and Barca have said no they don't want that money they want their own.  Some of the things he's done is bring the tv rights into the league and not allowed individual clubs to hold their own. 

Will be an interesting standoff between him and the 2 powers.

Also seems that yesterday was the last day Barca could register Messi as a returning player.  Only way now for him to come back would be as a "new" player.  Lionle Massi?

It seems Chelsea FC players Thiago Silva and Jorginho have both shown up at Cobham with Foden-style bleached white hair.  WTF is this madness?  The old saying - “Football is a gentleman’s game played by hooligans, and Rugby is a hooligans’ game played by gentlemen” - seemingly true when I was much younger, needs some re-working. 

It seems Chelsea FC players Thiago Silva and Jorginho have both shown up at Cobham with Foden-style bleached white hair.  WTF is this madness?  The old saying - “Football is a gentleman’s game played by hooligans, and Rugby is a hooligans’ game played by gentlemen” - seemingly true when I was much younger, needs some re-working. 
If England won the Euros, weren't they all supposed to match Foden's hair color?  Maybe Jorgiho and Silva are poking fun?

The talk this morning on the radio was how Javier Tebas has stated his goal is to make La Liga a more competitive league and bring the value of everyone up.  He was taking shots at Barca today.  They have some investment money coming in too, but RM and Barca have said no they don't want that money they want their own.  Some of the things he's done is bring the tv rights into the league and not allowed individual clubs to hold their own. 

Will be an interesting standoff between him and the 2 powers.
That's one of the big draws for the EPL - more competitive.  But in reality, last season the Prem title was decided weeks before the Spanish title.

That's one of the big draws for the EPL - more competitive.  But in reality, last season the Prem title was decided weeks before the Spanish title.
Yeah was an odd year for most leagues.  Upsets in Italy and France, the off year where Athletic beats RM and Barca and the EPL was a runaway for 1 team.

La Liga pres wants a league where more then 2 and the occasional AM believe they can win the league.  With Ronaldo and Messi out of the league, could happen?

Kane has issued his first statement, and appears to finally realize he is not getting the move he wanted.

I think he has a bit of work to do to win over his teammates, before he worries about the fans.
If his statement was factual it would have come out much earlier in the week.  

Kane has issued his first statement, and appears to finally realize he is not getting the move he wanted.

I think he has a bit of work to do to win over his teammates, before he worries about the fans.
Considering what he’s down for his teammates the last X years they should get bent, IMO.

If his statement was factual it would have come out much earlier in the week.  

I would say he's either lying, or he should fire his agent, but it seems pretty obvious both are true in this case.

Users who are viewing this thread