What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (6 Viewers)

That bar was clueless on how to handle the throng that came for Founders. What a mess. I'm lucky to have gotten the beers I got plus a Bolt Cutter to go. I feel bad for everyone that waited in line for CBS after CBS was long gone.

Evil Twin Nomader Weiss. So good.
Just found out my neighbor is a sales rep for the local distributor who carries Evil Twin, Stillwater and a few others. She just gave me three, six-packs in the hallway two nights ago and one was the Nomader.

Had three beers at Ocelot Brewing today, Sebowski's brewery! An imperial pale wheat ale (he can describe it better, but ale yeast, kinda of like an imperial gumballhead is best thing I can think of). A RIS that was excellent. Very roasty. Once they get their barrel program up, this one will be a lot of fun with different variants. Very good beer in its own right. And then a citrus forward IPA. Was very good. Crisp, clean, grapefruit but not too bitter. Very nice.

The venue is gorgeous and they have great equipment and some cool stories about their bartop and tables.

Good times. Thanks for hospitality Sebowski! I'll be back and are already recruiting friends in the area!

Had three beers at Ocelot Brewing today, Sebowski's brewery! An imperial pale wheat ale (he can describe it better, but ale yeast, kinda of like an imperial gumballhead is best thing I can think of). A RIS that was excellent. Very roasty. Once they get their barrel program up, this one will be a lot of fun with different variants. Very good beer in its own right. And then a citrus forward IPA. Was very good. Crisp, clean, grapefruit but not too bitter. Very nice.

The venue is gorgeous and they have great equipment and some cool stories about their bartop and tables.

Good times. Thanks for hospitality Sebowski! I'll be back and are already recruiting friends in the area!
Awesome! The place looks immaculate on FB. I'm jealous you got to try their beers.

Awesome! The place looks immaculate on FB. I'm jealous you got to try their beers.
Especially if it's going to be a regular occurrence!

Grapefruit Sculpin tonight.

Especially if it's going to be a regular occurrence!Grapefruit Sculpin tonight.
Not sure what you mean by that. I would love to get their just once. I dont know what the area is like. Is it near a decent vacation spot?

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure what you mean by that. I would love to get their just once. I dont know what the area is like. Is it a decent vacation spot?
Meant jealous about being able to go, even moreso if it's a regular occurrence for Palmer. Place looks amazing and listening to Sebowski talk about the brews makes me want to get in the car and start the drive tomorrow.

Not sure what you mean by that. I would love to get their just once. I dont know what the area is like. Is it a decent vacation spot?
Meant jealous about being able to go, even moreso if it's a regular occurrence for Palmer. Place looks amazing and listening to Sebowski talk about the brews makes me want to get in the car and start the drive tomorrow.
Second that. It looks and sounds realky good. If there was ever a cornhole I went to, it would be Ocelot.

Second that. It looks and sounds realky good. If there was ever a cornhole I went to, it would be Ocelot.
I don't live in VA (I'm in Charlotte) but travel a lot for work and will def be back. Very convenient to Dulles.

Today was a beery day for me. Had to run to Tampa so I made a couple of stops. Did a few flights and tried:

Cigar City:

Coconut Flan Ale (really good)

Strawberry Basil IPA (pretty good)

Foreign Stout (good)

Session IPA (ok)

Also picked up a growler of Tony Jannus APA (LOVE that beer), and 2 bombers of the newly released Jollie Ollie, a 7.8% ABV IPA w/10 hops and west coast yeast (opposed to the english yeast they use for Jai Alai). Havent tried the IPA yet.

Theree Palms Brewing:

Imperial berliner w/guava and ghost peppers (really good)

Tart Cherry Imperial Weiss (ok)

Session Galaxy session APA (good)

Coconut Cream Pie Pale Ale (amazing)

Bourbon IPA (really good)

Barrel Aged Sour (fantastic)

Got a crowler of the Coconut Cream Pie Ale to go, it was that good.

Today was a beery day for me. Had to run to Tampa so I made a couple of stops. Did a few flights and tried:

Cigar City:

Foreign Stout (good)

Session IPA (ok)

Also picked up a growler of Tony Jannus APA (LOVE that beer), and 2 bombers of the newly released Jollie Ollie, a 7.8% ABV IPA w/10 hops and west coast yeast (opposed to the english yeast they use for Jai Alai). Havent tried the IPA yet.

Theree Palms Brewing:

YOU ARE OFFICIALLY OUT OF CONTROL

^lol

Its actually the first time I've been to any breweries or bought beer in over a week.

That said, I agree. :D

Cigar City:

Foreign Stout (good)

Session IPA (ok)

Theree Palms Brewing:

I wish I could be this out of control!

Cigar City:

Foreign Stout (good)

Session IPA (ok)

Theree Palms Brewing:

The Coconut Cream Pie sounds awesome. I'm drinking a PW Mosaic right now not sure what's next. Maybe the PW Bling.....

Cigar City:

Foreign Stout (good)

Session IPA (ok)

Theree Palms Brewing:

I wish I could be this out of control!
It was 2 flights of 4oz pours, so really it was ony 2.5 pints of beer (plus two bombers and two 32oz fills to go)...not bad...I wish I wouldnt have been pressed for time, I would have tried several more.

Cigar City:

Foreign Stout (good)

Session IPA (ok)

Theree Palms Brewing:

The Coconut Cream Pie sounds awesome. I'm drinking a PW Mosaic right now not sure what's next. Maybe the PW Bling.....
Its actually listed as a cream ale on BA, but man....its downright delicious (6% ABV). Three Palms is absolutely killing it right now with all kinds of crazy flavors.

Crank is climbing the charts...right now its listed as the 27th best beer in Florida on BeerAdvocate, and tied with Jai Alai in weighted rank as the best IPA in the state. Jai Alai of course has 30 times the number of ratings, but still. Only a matter of time before it passes Jai Alai, IMO.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/state/fl/

Crank is climbing the charts...right now its listed as the 27th best beer in Florida on BeerAdvocate, and tied with Jai Alai in weighted rank as the best IPA in the state. Jai Alai of course has 30 times the number of ratings, but still. Only a matter of time before it passes Jai Alai, IMO.

Going to be in Orlando in May....where are the best places to find the best beer???
Let me check a thread on BA and I'll link it here. I'm clueless when it comes to Orlando.Also, any time to stop in Brew Hub in Lakeland for some fresh Sue on draft?

Going to be in Orlando in May....where are the best places to find the best beer???
Let me check a thread on BA and I'll link it here. I'm clueless when it comes to Orlando.Also, any time to stop in Brew Hub in Lakeland for some fresh Sue on draft?
Possibly Mon, Tues or Thu night, have a customer dinner on Weds night. How far are Three palms, Cycle, Cigar City etc from Orlando?

Depends on where in Orlando...Three Palms is maybe an hour and a half...Cigar City about 15-30 minutes further depending on traffic...Cycle probably a little over 2 hours. I could pick some stuff up for ya if you can make it to Lakeland.

Depends on where in Orlando...Three Palms is maybe an hour and a half...Cigar City about 15-30 minutes further depending on traffic...Cycle probably a little over 2 hours. I could pick some stuff up for ya if you can make it to Lakeland.
South and slightly west Orlando. Just south of the 417.

Thinking High Westified tonight to stretch out the liver for Dark Lord Day tomorrow.

Wing - I still have that Marshal Zhukhov

Drinking a Jolly Ollie IPA from cigar city...wow, this is a great IPA. The dankness reminds me of Senita (which I absolutely love). Easily my favorite CCB limited release thus far. This is going into distro soon, I'll definitely keep an eye out for possible trade material.

I actually like this much better than Jai Alai.

Drinking a Jolly Ollie IPA from cigar city...wow, this is a great IPA. The dankness reminds me of Senita (which I absolutely love). Easily my favorite CCB limited release thus far. This is going into distro soon, I'll definitely keep an eye out for possible trade material.

I actually like this much better than Jai Alai.
Nice. Jealous!

Had a MILF imperial stout from Mother's Brewing in Springfield, MO last night. Brewed with cocoa nibs and raisins and aged in rum, sherry, brandy, bourbon and whiskey barrels.

I preferred the High Westified but this was a very interesting and tasty beer.

South and slightly west Orlando. Just south of the 417.
Good Orlando (and Tampa) info here:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/visiting-tampa-orlando-look-here-first-spring-15-update.263381/

Got a chance to try Avery Uncle Jacob's Stout.

A mere $10 for an 8-ounce pour at Rock & Brews.

Bartender said they don't even make any profit on it.

It's a bourbon barrel stout clocking in at 16.9% ABV.

Definitely try it if you get the opportunity.

My recommendation: order it, then set it aside while you drink something else first so you have a chance to let it warm up.

Sharing a crowler of Three Palms Coconut Cream Pie with my neighbor. She provided the ribeyes, I'm providing the dessert...and this drinks like a dessert beer. A little sweet to drink 2 pints, IMO...but really good.

Sharing a crowler of Three Palms Coconut Cream Pie with my neighbor. She provided the ribeyes, I'm providing the dessert...and this drinks like a dessert beer. A little sweet to drink 2 pints, IMO...but really good.
If you know what he means. Nod, nod. Wink, wink. Say no more.

If you know what he means. Nod, nod. Wink, wink. Say no more.
:lmao: She's an older lady, my landlord, and is like a mother to me. But I see how that sounded. :lol:

On to a Crowler of Crank, and man, this is one of the best batches yet.

Shorts Controversiale and boxing. Toasted grains, simcoe hops, heavyweight scrap at MSG.

Carton of Milk Stout

Evil Twin Citra Sunshine Slacker

Deschutes Fresh Squeezed

Voodoo Gran Met

Community Beer Works That IPA

Users who are viewing this thread