What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (2 Viewers)

I'm more bummed about this than I should be. RIP
I am as well.  Probably because I am same age as Dustin and I watched a ton of saved by the bell when I was younger.    

He was funny.    I didn't watch anything of his after sbtb though... Didn't watch new class or celebrity boxing or anything

Legendary actor Hal Holbrook died at the age of 95.

I was just rewatching the movie Wall Street the other day. Love him in that film.
Alas! The Curse of The People Next Door is visited upon us!!

I was going to comment on this last week when Cloris Leachman died, but it didnt seem appropriate to mention that Miss Leachman had television's first nude scene in a perfectly ridiculous 1970 made-for-TV movie about the dangers of LSD (which i dropped a tab to watch with my parents in about the last thing we did together before i ran away for good). But now the man who played Mr. Next Door dies the same week, also cut down in the flower of ninetyhood, likely by a dark wing of DARPA looking to hide their lysergic acid shenanigans from the 60s?! What has QAnon to say of this?!?!

ETA: sorry to disrespect, Mr Holbrook - saw Mark Twain Tonight on stage backinday, mad love for that & film work. RIP -

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert A. Altman (not that Robert Altman) gave hope and joy to gamers everywhere with ZeniMax Media (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, later bought id with Doom, etc), but also that a lawyer turned gamer could marry Lynda Carter.

RIP

beside being a generational touchpoint for us Boomers and being commanding & human in everything he did, he was responsible for attracting a lot of Hollywood talent to his home country in aid of the fledgling Canadian film business in the 70s, as well as filling in a lot of roles if productions didnt attract the two non-Canuck stars the Film Board would subsidize. he played beautifully against type as a sadistic petty criminal when no Yank would step up to co-star with Elliot Gould in an underrated thriller called Silent Partner🎬 RIP -

Former NWA and WCV wrestler Butch Reed passes away at age 66.

“To everyone who reached out god bless you. Today we lost a great man. Due to heart complications Bruce ‘Butch’ Reed passed away. Butch is in heaven now with the wrestling god’s. I am sure he is already booked for a Heavyweight Championship match. Once again thank you for all the prayers. We will keep this page going in his memory. For funeral arrangements send me a dm for information if you would like to attend. God bless everyone and god bless in heaven ‘Hacksaw Butch Reed’,” they wrote on Reed’s account.

Former NWA and WCV wrestler Butch Reed passes away at age 66.

“To everyone who reached out god bless you. Today we lost a great man. Due to heart complications Bruce ‘Butch’ Reed passed away. Butch is in heaven now with the wrestling god’s. I am sure he is already booked for a Heavyweight Championship match. Once again thank you for all the prayers. We will keep this page going in his memory. For funeral arrangements send me a dm for information if you would like to attend. God bless everyone and god bless in heaven ‘Hacksaw Butch Reed’,” they wrote on Reed’s account.
I remember his platinum hair and him teaming with Ron Simmons (later Farooq from the NOD).  RIP

Dang.

Summer of '76, i'm in VT driving from my grampeeps house to my gf's family summer house and i stop in a general store-type place along the way and all the ol' cusses in the store are using old-fashioned comic slurs for "African-American" all over the place. I listen curiously and find out all the talk is because the Olympic Boxing Team training facility is "just up the rud a fer piece". the radio station i'm working for was an ABC affiliate and they had the Olympics then and i had my press credentials and tape machine in the car, so i goes up the rud a fer piece. boom, i'm in, and i went back twice more before they closed camp and went a li'l futher up the rud to Montreal and fame & glory

Somewhere in the vaults of WHDH Boston, there are a coupla hours of me interviewing Howard Davis (by far the most impressive of the team), Big John Tate, the Spinks brothers and Sugar Ray Leonard (with his cartoon slot-machine eyes spinning between $signs, American flags and Wheaties boxes w him the first black man on it). i really hoped he would fall on his face (tho one look at him in the ring and you knew that wouldnt happen) and Davis and Mike Spinks would be the stars. And half the reason i rooted for Mike because the brother he doted over showed just what they come from to get where they were.

Tate was not an easy interview for a white boy with no technique, but the whole time i spoke to Leon i needed Barbara Billingsley to come translate. The editors back @ WCOZ (all white too) had no better luck with it than i, but he was a champ throughout. RIP -

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread