What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Tyler Higbee, LAR (1 Viewer)

I'm buying but not sure owners are selling. 
I've got him and I"m not openly selling.  The only threat I see is that Everett somehow makes a huge leap but it seemed like Higbee solidified his role as the TE1 on that team. I don't see his targets decreasing, but increasing.

What kinds of players would you offer as comparable value?

I've got him and I"m not openly selling.  The only threat I see is that Everett somehow makes a huge leap but it seemed like Higbee solidified his role as the TE1 on that team. I don't see his targets decreasing, but increasing.

I offered Jarwin and the 2.07 and was politely declined. I'm higher on Jarwin than most though. Just think Higbee is a top 5 TE this year and nobody really values him like that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I offered Jarwin and the 2.07 and was politely declined. I'm higher on Jarwin than most though. Just think Higbee is a top 5 TE this year and nobody really values him like that. 
I would probably decline too but I"m not high on Jarwin. If I could have gotten a 2.02 or maybe 2.03 depending on who fell, I would have dealt him.

In the two leagues I own him I’ve really only gotten low ball offers so he’ll likely be a guy I just hold on to this season 

This is a valid concern.  Higbee had two seasons in 2019:

1) one BEFORE Everett went down in Week 11 (ZERO games with 5 or more catches, ZERO games with 50+ yards receiving, 1 TD), and

2) one AFTER Everett went down, Weeks 12 - 17 (ALL 6 games with 5+ catches, 5 of 6 games with 50+ yards receiving, 2 TDs).

Opportunity really is everything, but if Everett is healthy this season (and you hate to bank on injuries), I don't really understand the hype for Higbee.  Everett's stats heads-up with Higbee's (prior to Week 11) were marginally better than Higbee's.

My sense is that the Rams offense can support ONE really productive TE.  The problem is that they currently employ two.  I wouldn't expend significant draft capital on either of them (short of injury clarifying the depth chart).

This is a valid concern.  Higbee had two seasons in 2019:

1) one BEFORE Everett went down in Week 11 (ZERO games with 5 or more catches, ZERO games with 50+ yards receiving, 1 TD), and

2) one AFTER Everett went down, Weeks 12 - 17 (ALL 6 games with 5+ catches, 5 of 6 games with 50+ yards receiving, 2 TDs).

Opportunity really is everything, but if Everett is healthy this season (and you hate to bank on injuries), I don't really understand the hype for Higbee.  Everett's stats heads-up with Higbee's (prior to Week 11) were marginally better than Higbee's.

My sense is that the Rams offense can support ONE really productive TE.  The problem is that they currently employ two.  I wouldn't expend significant draft capital on either of them (short of injury clarifying the depth chart).
Obviously there is a threat from Everett but on the other hand there are signs pointing in Higbee's direction.

1) Rams signed him to a 31 Million four year deal in September of 2019; Everett is playing on the last year of his rookie contract and hasn't been extended.

2) Higbee took advantage of his opportunity when Everett went down and had more receiving yards than any receiver in the NFL during those five weeks.

That being said, with Brandon Cooks out of town I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of two TE sets in 2020 and both Higbee and Everett will be fantasy worthy. From a dynasty perspective, I like the fact that Higbee has contract stability in an offense that passes a lot and uses the TE.

I like him but I’m seeing a very deep TE pool. So many could be good. I like Jarwin almost as much. The TEs after the first two tiers and frankly some of them could all be 2019 Hooper, or 2018 Hooper or etc etc. I’d rather pick up all the ones I can get cheaper. Higbee is a hot name right now. He’s a sell for me. 

This is pretty compelling.

"Understand that four straight 100-yard games is a fairly rare feat. Only three players did it last year — Higbee, Michael Thomas (five games) and Cooper Kupp. And only four tight ends have pulled it off since the merger — Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham (twice), Travis Kelce and Higbee. Look at the full list of 4/100 guys post-merger; almost everyone is at least Hall of Very Good, and there are plenty of Hall of Famers on the list."

I am set with Kelce and Higbee at TE. In dynasty, may try and deal Kelce while value is there but at age 30 that tipping point is very close.

ESPN's Lindsey Thiry expects Tyler Higbee "to continue to be among Jared Goff's top targets."

This isn't a particularly bold stance following Higbee's historic 2019 finish where he reached at least 84 yards in five-straight games. The Rams may use more 12-personnel following Brandin Cooks' departure and Higbee's ascendence, making him a high-upside pick in the 80th to 100th overall range of fantasy drafts. It's certainly concerning that Higbee was an afterthought for multiple NFL seasons, but the Rams did hand Higbee a lucrative long-term contract 12 months ago. Higbee's backup Gerald Everett likely needs an injury to jump back into the fantasy mix in standard-sized leagues.

RELATED: 

Gerald Everett

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Sep 2, 2020, 3:54 PM ET

Relative to his ADP I still like him. Some good points made, and I do agree there are red flags, but I’ve seen him go in the 9th.  You’re choosing between Burst, Higbee & a couple others the. If Jarwin & Hurst are gone I probably take a chance on Higbee. I’d be surprised if the Rams completely forget how dominant he was down the stretch. I doubt he’ll average 11 targets a game, but 5-7 would make him a ~100 target guy in an offense that still needs weapons. 

Tyler Higbee caught 3-of-4 targets for 40 yards in Week 1 against Dallas.

Higbee had a quiet night in a game Jared Goff didn't throw a touchdown. He could see an uptick in snaps if Gerald Everett (back) misses time. Higbee is a back-end TE1 for Week 2.

Sep 14, 2020, 12:31 AM ET

He was ok when they did throw to him but not enough targets. He had four targets and caught 3 for forty yards.  If his 7 points tonight were his average/game for the year he would be a TE15.  Hoping this is the floor and not the average.

Tyler Higbee caught 2-of-2 targets for 40 yards in the Rams' Week 3 loss to the Bills. 

Higbee's first catch did not come until midway through the third quarter. He briefly left the game in the second half but was never announced with an injury. The Bills got Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds back from injury today, but there is still no way to sugarcoat this statline. Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods combined for 16 targets. An absolute terror last December, Higbee is now sitting on a modest 10/134/3 through three games. That's despite the fact that Gerald Everett is drawing scant targets. With the Rams running the ball and spreading it around in the passing game, Higbee needs to be downgraded to low-end TE1 until we get some demonstration of last year's upside. The Giants are a plus matchup for Week 4. 

Sep 27, 2020, 5:43 PM ET

Tyler Higbee caught 3-of-4 targets for 21 yards in the Rams' Week 4 win against the Giants. 

It was a dark day for every player in this horrendous Week 4 matchup. Gerald Everett scored a first quarter touchdown on a handoff and played quite a bit in the first half. Higbee has a grand total of five catches since his Week 2 blowup performance against the Eagles. Finding a better tight end option on the waiver wire will be tough though. 

- Rotoworld

McVay is a rat fink ******* pure and simple. He’s killing Higbee and now Henderson’s value....and nearly lost at home to a doormat Giants team.

Lesson learned.

Tyler Higbee caught 2-of-2 targets for 12 yards in the Ram's Week 5 win against Washington. 

Higbee has seen his snaps and usage dwindle over the past few weeks. Sunday was a low point for the Rams tight end, who watched Gerald Everett command more targets and lead the team in receiving yardage. Higbee is not a starting fantasy option in 10-team leagues; he might be a borderline play in 12-teamers next week against San Francisco. 

- Rotoworld

Welp, can't say we weren't warned that this may turn back into the timeshare at TE from last year. Higbee is getting a majority of snaps, but just seems like he isn't running many routes. Maybe he gets more routes as their line develops, but for now it seems like the magic is over.

Yeah this is poop
I concur. I kept two tight ends and cut Chase Claypool in one league I'm in because of this potentiality. You can say that Jonnu Smith and Higbee together have been great. You could also say that I kicked the can down the road and should have just cut Higbee, but the non-scheduled bye really put a crimp in things. 

I concur. I kept two tight ends and cut Chase Claypool in one league I'm in because of this potentiality. You can say that Jonnu Smith and Higbee together have been great. You could also say that I kicked the can down the road and should have just cut Higbee, but the non-scheduled bye really put a crimp in things. 
Between Higbee, Herndon, Jarwin and Hurst I have really laid an egg with my value TEs. 

Between Higbee, Herndon, Jarwin and Hurst I have really laid an egg with my value TEs. 
When value TEs don't work out, they nuke your season. Herndon has been extra invisible on the stat sheet. Jarwin is just massively unfortunate. Hurst I wondered about. Oh well, onward and upward, I guess. I'm glad I picked up Smith in that league I mentioned.

Tyler Higbee caught 3-of-4 targets for 56 yards in Week 6 against the 49ers.

Higbee had a larger role after he was held to two catches last week. He led the Rams in receiving on a night Jared Goff threw for under 200 yards. Higbee's 10% target share was still low, but this was his best game since going off for three touchdowns against the Eagles. Higbee will try to get back in the end-zone for a Week 7 matchup with Chicago.

Oct 19, 2020, 12:14 AM ET

When value TEs don't work out, they nuke your season. Herndon has been extra invisible on the stat sheet. Jarwin is just massively unfortunate. Hurst I wondered about. Oh well, onward and upward, I guess. I'm glad I picked up Smith in that league I mentioned.
Glad I went with my TE early strategy in a number of leagues with Kittle. Even missing a couple games with him is better than these other losers. 

Rams TE Tyler Higbee (hand) did not practice Friday but is expected to play Monday against the Bears. 

Higbee drafters have watched in abject horror as Gerald Everett eats into Higbee's targets. Everett over the past three games have played half the Rams' snaps and has just on fewer target than Higbee. Everett has run 39 pass routes to Higbee's 52 over that span. Higbee is a TE2 option without much of a floor against Chicago. The Bears have allowed the 11th most tight end receptions this season. 

RELATED: 

Gerald Everett

SOURCE: Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter 

Oct 23, 2020, 4:29 PM ET

Tyler Higbee (hand) is questionable for Week 8 against the Dolphins.

"He's participated," coach Sean McVay said about Higbee's status in practice. "I’d say limited in terms of – he took part in everything that we did practice wise today, but it's a limited practice anyways on a Friday.” It sounds like Higbee is trending towards being active, but that hasn't mattered in the past; he's still averaging the 16th-most fantasy points per game at his position as a non-factor. Gerald Everett's status as a fringe starter boils down to Higbee's availability on Sunday.

RELATED: 

Gerald Everett

SOURCE: NFL Communications

Oct 30, 2020, 6:50 PM ET

Tyler Higbee (elbow) did not practice Thursday.

Higbee didn't practice on Wednesday either, making him dicey for Week 12. Coach Sean McVay described Higbee as a game-time decision. The inconsistent tight end was seen exiting late with this injury last Monday Night Football. If Higbee is out, Gerald Everett would be a quality TE2 streamer with the Rams passing more in recent weeks.

RELATED: 

Gerald Everett

SOURCE: Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter

Nov 26, 2020, 4:36 PM ET

Tyler Higbee has run nine more pass routes and seen one more target than Gerald Everett over the past five games. 

LA's tight ends have an almost even pass game split since Week 10, with Higbee averaging 22.6 routes and 4.2 targets per game while Everett has averaged 20.8 routes and four targets per game. Higbee holds a 4-1 touchdown edge on Everett this year thanks to his three-touchdown outing in Week 2 against the Eagles. Both players have a favorable Week 15 matchup against a Jets defense allowing the ninth most tight end receptions and the most tight end touchdowns this season. Both Everett and Higbee are decent streaming options this week. 

RELATED: 

Gerald Everett

Dec 15, 2020, 9:07 AM ET

Tyler Higbee caught 4-of-5 targets for 67 yards and a touchdown in the Rams' Week 15 loss to the Jets. 

Gifted a great matchup, Higbee responded with his best fantasy effort of the season. The fact that it was 4/67/1 tells you all you need to know about Higbee's 2020 following last year's monster finish. For Week 16, Higbee will be rematching with a Seahawks defense that coughed up his previous season high for yardage (60) in Week 10. He will flirt with top 20 status for the fantasy finals.

- Rotoworld

He's in on every play, but Stafford only threw to him once last game, 6 times in game one. He's caught 6 of the 7 targets. Is this a case of Goff being better than Stafford for TEs cause Stafford likes the deep pass to the WRs?

He's in on every play, but Stafford only threw to him once last game, 6 times in game one. He's caught 6 of the 7 targets. Is this a case of Goff being better than Stafford for TEs cause Stafford likes the deep pass to the WRs?

Outside of that crazy stretch of games in 2019 Goff did not do too much with Higbee...Higbee is a very good TE but it appears he is gonna be much better in real football then fantasy football...McVay likes to accumulate offensive weapons and I just don't see Higbee ever being able to achieve sustained/reliable fantasy success with the Rams.

Higbee's amazing stretch a couple years ago came when Kupp was playing limited snaps, dealing with knee issues from his ACL tear the year prior. Seems like maybe the Kupp injury had more to do with his high target share than the Everett injury. 

So Higbee is probably a Kupp injury from being a league winner, but without that he's going to be a typical inconsistent back end TE1. 

I bought shares of him almost everywhere....I'm pretty much in ride or die mode with him at this point.....not gonna try to fight my way through the WW weeds each week for someone I know I wouldn't really be more confident about anyway....gonna have to live with the ups and downs and I guess there are worse hills than this offense to die on....

I bought shares of him almost everywhere....I'm pretty much in ride or die mode with him at this point.....not gonna try to fight my way through the WW weeds each week for someone I know I wouldn't really be more confident about anyway....gonna have to live with the ups and downs and I guess there are worse hills than this offense to die on....
Agreed. Van Jefferson seems to be establishing himself as the 3rd receiving option, but it's far from determined yet and a lot of passing volume to be had, as you say. 

Tyler Higbee caught five of five targets for 40 yards and a touchdown in the Rams' Week 3 win against the Bucs. 

Higbee bounced back from his one catch, eight yard Week 3 performance, and continues to play nearly all the Rams' offensive snaps. The Rams schemed Higbee open a few times early in the game -- he cashed in with an early touchdown against the Bucs. While no tight end not named Travis Kelce or Darren Waller will deliver consistent fantasy performances, Higbee's usage and involvement in a high scoring LA offense make him a must-start in 12-team formats. He gets the Cardinals in Week 4.

Tyler Higbee caught 4-of-6 targets for 36 yards in the Rams' Week 4 loss to the Cardinals. 

Higbee is playing all the snaps you could ever want, but it is not translating to TE1 numbers. He has established a decent 4/40 floor, leaving hope for ceiling efforts to come in what is going to be one of the league's best offenses. The Seahawks are not an imposing Thursday night matchup for Week 5. 

Users who are viewing this thread