What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pokemon Go (2 Viewers)

Went to 4 legendary raids this week with my 7-year-old son.  Each raid had about 15 people show up, and the community aspect was great.  He loved every minute of it.  We caught 2 Articunos and 2 Lugias, and he is very excited about the upcoming legendary ones.
wow your catch rate is unreal...its pretty much under 10 percent...which I think is complete horse####

I think the bonuses with the extra candy and stardust was great

however the legendary thing is very flawed....

wow your catch rate is unreal...its pretty much under 10 percent...which I think is complete horse####

I think the bonuses with the extra candy and stardust was great

however the legendary thing is very flawed....
Yeah I heard about the low catch rate, and it seemed like only a few people in each group caught one.  The only thing I did was feed a golden raspberry on every throw, and hit them square in the zone with each curveball.

Greetings from France, on my daughters birthday no less.

All she wanted was to see The Eiffel Tower and catch a Mr Mime on this trip.  Happy to report she caught two this morning.... one a perfect IV 1400CP.
My daughter caught several Mr. Mimes while in France last November, but we were in Germany and Netherlands last October and didn't catch a single one. They showed up on the radar a few times but we never got the chance to catch one.  :rant:  

Anyone played Pokemon Go on an Ipod Touch (wi-fi only, no GPS, no cell connection)? My kid just got one and was asking about playing the game on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went on a raid with my son yesterday and tried to catch a legendary.  There were only three of us trying so it was futile.

I think my son has been "soft banned".  He can play the game but gets booted out of gyms with an error message.  I highly doubt he's hacked the game (he just turned 12) but he may have some apps on his phone that Niantic objects to.  Can anyone shed some light?

I have been booted out of gyms before without using hacks. It was on Niantic's end, they were having issues.

I have been booted out of gyms before without using hacks. It was on Niantic's end, they were having issues.
It happens so often to my son and almost never to me. Yesterday, he was booted twice while another guy and I were fine.  I really think he's installed an app that others have used to hack the game. 

It happens so often to my son and almost never to me. Yesterday, he was booted twice while another guy and I were fine.  I really think he's installed an app that others have used to hack the game. 
A good test would be to let him log in on your phone, and then you on his and see what happens.

Interesting... we at disney france and we just saw a Kangaskhan.  I was under the impression this was an Aussie only Pokémon.

This game was decent when they amped up the XP and gave us different Pokemon in different places.  Now that it's back to its original levels....it's ponderous. 

Game is all about raids now...gyms are useless...no stardust bonus in gyms...cp in the gyms are meaningless....
Not for me.  As someone who struggled to keep one pokemon in a single gym at any given time, I am now getting basically a guaranteed 50 coins per day.  I saved the better part of a year for a single bag upgrade, and have now upgraded both my bag and pokemon storage multiple times along with buying multiple incubators.  It's also a lot less work to add my pokemon to gyms than it used to be.

Not for me.  As someone who struggled to keep one pokemon in a single gym at any given time, I am now getting basically a guaranteed 50 coins per day.  I saved the better part of a year for a single bag upgrade, and have now upgraded both my bag and pokemon storage multiple times along with buying multiple incubators.  It's also a lot less work to add my pokemon to gyms than it used to be.
yeah I guess its good for some players...I was getting near 100 coins everyday and had some guys in gyms for months at a time...I miss the stardust bonuses...

Big changes for my playing. We live across the street from a large memorial gardens/cemetery. The place has always had about 25 pokestops in it and 7 gyms. Was great for a walk or quick drive through to catch pokemon, hit some stops, and do stuff at gyms. About a week ago all of the gyms disappeared. A day or two later a couple new gym locations appeared, but those disappeared too after a few days. Last evening the pokestops were reduced to 3, then none later at night. The stops were still visible in the app but were deactivated. Then this morning they all became active again. I'm assuming that Niantic responded to complaints about the amount of people playing the game there so they are experimenting with only having the stops active during the days and possibly no gyms there. Really disappointing, but understandable at the same time. Find in interesting that they can apparently activate and deactivate pokestops for certain times of the day/night.

just got back from Disneyland in FLA...caught 6 hercrosses and 2 corsolas 

still cant seem to find enough people to bother with a legendary raid and now that they nerfed the rare candy from the regular raids....well interesting is waning very much

just got back from Disneyland in FLA...caught 6 hercrosses and 2 corsolas 

still cant seem to find enough people to bother with a legendary raid and now that they nerfed the rare candy from the regular raids....well interesting is waning very much
I was just in Wildwood NJ and they had a ton of raids going on, but no one playing them. I was just playing the 1* ones by myself.

*eta* Caught some nice Pokémon too. 1750ish Omastar, 1350ish Blastoise, 1500ish Vaporeon, 1500ish Slowbro, 1500ish Pinsir. Also have enough to evolve Seadra to Kingdra, when I get the special item and evolved a Slowking.

I am in the same boat as some, I do not have one legendary caught yet because I just don't go search out groups to play. 

I can take out the one and two level raids by myself, but  I let my confidence get the best of me and ultimately get my butt kicked going solo on levels 3 ones. 

I just hate when you get a 10k egg and work and work to hatch it and you get junk. 

I am in the same boat as some, I do not have one legendary caught yet because I just don't go search out groups to play. 

I can take out the one and two level raids by myself, but  I let my confidence get the best of me and ultimately get my butt kicked going solo on levels 3 ones. 

I just hate when you get a 10k egg and work and work to hatch it and you get junk. 
Pretty much all this.  It was fun to play with the bonus XP/Stardust for a few days.  Now I log in once and a while

Was hoping to see some cool stuff while in Taipei, but the app is buggy AF still

I'm close on the level 2 raids. Played one Saturday, but ran out of time before I could win. Had less than 1/4 health left and I still had a Pokémon and a half left.

I guess there are Mewtwo raids going on around me?  I've spent hundreds of hours playing this game over the past year including dozens of regular and legendary raids but haven't received an invite to this one yet.  And have no idea what I need to do to receive one.  Thanks for making me feel so welcome to this special event Niantic.

Is this still very active?  I had thought it pretty much died out many months ago.  

Is it kind of like a cult following now?

I was travelling for work this week and did a solo raid in the Newark airport before flying to Toronto.  The next day I get an EX Raid Pass invite for that same Starbucks in Terminal C of the Newark Airport for Thursday (flew back on Friday).  Thanks a lot Niantic, how are people supposed to enter a secure location for a raid?

Me and my kids have still been having fun with it though.  Hooked up with some local groups on Discord and caught a bunch of legendaries.  They also have set up their own scanners that send out alerts when there are rare pokemon in the area and then you can just head to the spot and grab them.  If not for Discord, we probably would be a lot less interested at this point.

Will be trying to crack a bunch of eggs for the current event too.

Probably not a good thing for the game if I have 9 eggs all from late may still unhatched.

Is this still very active?  I had thought it pretty much died out many months ago.  

Is it kind of like a cult following now?
Yeah, I tapped out about mid level 32.  Just not much fun anymore.  I've enjoyed not having to be near a phone charger the past month.  I can go all day with normal use and still have 60% battery life at the end of the day. 

I'm still playing but it is a grind. Really nothing new out there and the things I am missing I have never seen.

I did manage to do a legendary raid with the group and we took down the sabertooth tiger looking thing, but when it comes to catching it,  I wasn't able to complete it. I will keep playing because it's mindless and  we are probably two months away from Gen 3

Finished off the equinox event with over 400k dust and a few good eggs but less than I was hoping,

Did 6 Entei raids with the kids this week and i'm 4 for 6.

Legendary count up to:  Lugia (4), Articuno (3), Moltres (8), Zapdos (2), Raikou (3), Entei (4)

Also up to 3 Unowns and picked up 4 perfect Eevees, a perfect Larvitar, and a perfect Pupitar.

I think the baseball card collector gene from my youth is kicking in a bit too much here.

It really helps a ton to have a strong local (Discord) group with good scanners too.

Went a little crazy on the Farfetch'd and tracked down a few perfects and then caught a bunch at a local park with a bunch of stops while me and the boys were just walking for XP and dust for an hour or so.  They were everywhere, I caught over 100 of them and ended up with over 600 candies,

Anybody else catch any Ho-Oh's yet?  

Anyone get any Mewtwo EX raid invites yet?  Me and my younger son got invites for 12/3, my older son didn't get one yet though.

I don't think I'd be as interested in the game anymore if not for a strong local group of players that raid together and also post good pokemon from some scanners they run.  Anyone else use Discord to coordinate pokemon stuff with local players?

I guess there are Mewtwo raids going on around me?  I've spent hundreds of hours playing this game over the past year including dozens of regular and legendary raids but haven't received an invite to this one yet.  And have no idea what I need to do to receive one.  Thanks for making me feel so welcome to this special event Niantic.
You need to have successfully completed a previous raid at the location where the Mewtwo EX "event" is taking place.  That puts you in the pool of people that will potentially get a pass but its no sure thing.  There are other things that improve your chances like if you have turned the gym bronze, silver, gold, etc.  My younger son and I both got passes for an EX raid on Sunday but my older son who did the same raids with us did not.

EX Raids have been repeating at some locations so that can narrow down where you can complete a raid to try and get a pass invite.  If you haven't completed a raid at the locations where the Mewtwo raids were before, you can do one and hope he pops up there again.  Niantic also said that now that the test phase is over, they will focus on sponsored locations (like Sprint stores) and parks to avoid unwanted crowds at other locations.

Lots of info on The Silph Road board on reddit if you're interested.

Yep already got a few and the new weather effects are really a neat addition.

Here is my complaint and I don't have a solution.. I have recently been getting the GPS not found (11) error at work which makes the game unplayable from my desk (yeah, i know huge problem there guy), but my office overlooks a gym and two stops so it sucks. When I go outside, it plays fine. So you would think this is a simple problem to diagnosis, but here is the kicker--my daughter comes to visit yesterday and she plays on her phone (Iphone)  at my desk and it works fine and then she signs on to my account on her phone and immediately the GPS error appears. I can understand it being my building or even my phone, but how can a GPS problem be unique to my account?

I have read all the suggested fixes and none of them work. 

Yep already got a few and the new weather effects are really a neat addition.

Here is my complaint and I don't have a solution.. I have recently been getting the GPS not found (11) error at work which makes the game unplayable from my desk (yeah, i know huge problem there guy), but my office overlooks a gym and two stops so it sucks. When I go outside, it plays fine. So you would think this is a simple problem to diagnosis, but here is the kicker--my daughter comes to visit yesterday and she plays on her phone (Iphone)  at my desk and it works fine and then she signs on to my account on her phone and immediately the GPS error appears. I can understand it being my building or even my phone, but how can a GPS problem be unique to my account?

I have read all the suggested fixes and none of them work. 
Game has always been buggy like this

The GF wants to do this Tomm so we are giving it a shot. Some dude in the Local group hacked the game and knows the details on invisible pods of gyms that will trigger some magical invite only raids. They (we?) are organizing into teams and ####. :lol:  

I dunno... I blame this on her Asian side. But she does a lot dumber #### for me so I’m all in. Should be a fun afternoon. 

this event seems lame, double XP and  Pikachu with a special move? 

granted ill grind out my pidges and rats and gain some xp, but it seems lame.

since the xmas release of gen3, I have had 3 10k eggs, they were all pretty good, a ralts, feebas and an aerodactyl.

On xmas vacation in florida I finally caught an unown...grabbed two more corsolas and one heracross.

I caught a few surf Pikachu. First time I've played the game in a while. I haven't been able to really get into the gen 3 pokemon and I've given up on ever getting an exclusive pass for Mewtwo. I'll probably start playing again if they release something interesting. 

Guess I'll have to start getting eggs at different pokestops than usual, see if that helps me get some 10k. Used to have no problem getting them at the stops I've been going to, but suddenly they seem to have stopped at those stops.

I've still been getting an ok distribution of eggs with some purples in there.

For the event, we were only able to walk around at a park for about 45 mins.  I caught 7 shiny Pikachu, son #2 got 6, son #1 only got 1.  If I had planned ahead, we probably would have went perfect hunting to try and get a perfect shiny... I know of two caught in our community.

Will be interesting to see what pokemon they use for the event next month... maybe Magikarp?

Users who are viewing this thread