What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Mass Casualty Event" in Las Vegas (3 Viewers)

How long to match up finger prints and what not?

Can they confirm without a doubt that he killed himself and only his prints were on the guns?

prob the craziest video I've seen so far showing the exact moment the shooting started from right in front of the stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB4MBH9XWoo

Amazed at how the crowd just stood around for the first few rounds..but really there was nowhere for you to go, it was so dense.

Also, this gave the best view of the relationship from the venue to the hotel that i've seen. 

prob the craziest video I've seen so far showing the exact moment the shooting started from right in front of the stage.

Amazed at how the crowd just stood around for the first few rounds..but really there was nowhere for you to go, it was so dense.

Also, this gave the best view of the relationship from the venue to the hotel that i've seen. 
Maybe I'm just a big pansy but if I'm hearing gunfire like that there's no way in hell im just standing there looking around or videoing it.  

The guy at the 40 second mark who is making funny faces and like mocking the people screaming caught my attention.   So wrapped up in the veil of civilization that he acts like nothing bad can happen to them.  I shake my head.  

From that video near the stage: they rushed Jason Aldean off, obviously aware of danger of some sort, but they don't announce for the crowd to disperse in an orderly fashion?  Probably already discussed, but that just occurred to me with that video.

Maybe I'm just a big pansy but if I'm hearing gunfire like that there's no way in hell im just standing there looking around or videoing it.  
Agreed.  Though in all fairness I don't think anyone really knew initially where the gunfire was even coming from. Unreal seeing the perspective of how far away the MB looked from this video.  If the shooters vantage point were even half that distance, I'm convinced there likely would've been hundreds dead.

From that video near the stage: they rushed Jason Aldean off, obviously aware of danger of some sort, but they don't announce for the crowd to disperse in an orderly fashion?  Probably already discussed, but that just occurred to me with that video.
I actually noticed this too in another video I found on YouTube.  I get that you want to get Aldean off the stage ASAP, but I feel like, even from the safety of backstage, they could have said something to the crowd.  I think one of the reasons why people didn't react immediately is that they probably heard gunfire, but the vast majority had no idea it was aimed at them.  Clearly to pull him offstage, somebody knew the crowd was the target - they should have relayed that message IMO.

I actually noticed this too in another video I found on YouTube.  I get that you want to get Aldean off the stage ASAP, but I feel like, even from the safety of backstage, they could have said something to the crowd.  I think one of the reasons why people didn't react immediately is that they probably heard gunfire, but the vast majority had no idea it was aimed at them.  Clearly to pull him offstage, somebody knew the crowd was the target - they should have relayed that message IMO.
tough call, if you announce that you cause a mass stampede and more people would have gotten hurt. But I agree, shocked nothing was said.

watching that video , you really got a sense of how dense the crowd was and there really was no where to go in those first few minutes.

I'm sure Aldean has private security who are probably more apt to pick up the fact that it was gunfire vs. general concert security.  Also, it wasn't out of the realm of rational thinking to think that the act was the primary target.  So assuming that the guy who pulled him offstage was his personal security, that makes sense to me.  Did anyone ever announce something to the entire crowd?

I'm sure Aldean has private security who are probably more apt to pick up the fact that it was gunfire vs. general concert security.  Also, it wasn't out of the realm of rational thinking to think that the act was the primary target.  So assuming that the guy who pulled him offstage was his personal security, that makes sense to me.  Did anyone ever announce something to the entire crowd?
Not that I've heard.  

Also the house lights going up is interesting.  On the one hand, if you cut them, it's going to be worse  On the other hand, if you light up the crowd they are easier to see.    They made the right call turning the lights on I think.  

No that I know of, or saw/heard in video.  That's kind of my point.  No doubt Aldean was pulled off stage, and I'm fine with that...but you can make an announcement, even a minute later so people know what's going on.  Basically, the majority of these folks didn't know they were the target until they saw somebody near them get shot.  It was basically word-of-mouth.

Sure, it might have triggered a stampede, but it honestly could have been better than staying packed in for him to pick off.

For all they (Aldean and security) knew, the shots came from the crowd.  It only lasted 10 minutes, so by the time people knew it wasn't coming from the crowd (from their perspective back stage), it probably had already ended.  Hell, there's a video floating around where conspiracy nutjobs were worried about someone pulling a gun in the crowd.  You can kind of see a guy in that video wearing a security or cop uniform with what appears to be a gun drawn, but even if it was a gun drawn, I can't fault the guy for being ready.

Basically all I'm trying to say is that I think it's hard to criticize anything.  I wanted to fault them for putting the lights up too, initially, but it's not clear at this time what would've been best.

For all they (Aldean and security) knew, the shots came from the crowd.  It only lasted 10 minutes, so by the time people knew it wasn't coming from the crowd (from their perspective back stage), it probably had already ended.  Hell, there's a video floating around where conspiracy nutjobs were worried about someone pulling a gun in the crowd.  You can kind of see a guy in that video wearing a security or cop uniform with what appears to be a gun drawn, but even if it was a gun drawn, I can't fault the guy for being ready.

Basically all I'm trying to say is that I think it's hard to criticize anything.  I wanted to fault them for putting the lights up too, initially, but it's not clear at this time what would've been best.
Agree. There's no manual for something like this.  All things considered, it could've been a helluva lot worse.

Agree. There's no manual for something like this.  All things considered, it could've been a helluva lot worse.
Agree - I'm not faulting anyone here...just saying I found it surprising.  I guess the old "I would've considered doing something different in my 20/20 hindsight."

I read an article that said that he was trying to buy tracer rounds a short time before the shooting but wasn't able to.  If he'd had tracer rounds so he could see where his fire was going, you could keep upping that death toll.  

Oh - and the security guard that they say looked like he pulled a gun - BS.  No way you can tell anything from that shaky, blury footage.  If anything, to me, it looked like he pulled a flashlight given the immediate burst of light when he "drew" whatever it was off his belt.

Echoes as well as the fact that the sound is different coming from a muzzle if you are directly down-range from it, as opposed to angled off to the side a bit (which you would have been if he was spraying back and forth in a sweeping motion). The "2-shooter because of sounds from a cell phone video" conspiracy folks (not talking about you guys) are :tinfoilhat:  

Fat Nick said:
Agree - I'm not faulting anyone here...just saying I found it surprising.  I guess the old "I would've considered doing something different in my 20/20 hindsight."

I read an article that said that he was trying to buy tracer rounds a short time before the shooting but wasn't able to.  If he'd had tracer rounds so he could see where his fire was going, you could keep upping that death toll.  

Oh - and the security guard that they say looked like he pulled a gun - BS.  No way you can tell anything from that shaky, blury footage.  If anything, to me, it looked like he pulled a flashlight given the immediate burst of light when he "drew" whatever it was off his belt.
It looked like the grip I would take on a handgun, but I don't think it matters one way or the other. 

I have thought about lack of support for men's mental health often.  Within my wife's circle of friends they talk about issues women face, in general society talks about them also, even if there isn't as much change (equality for example) as some would like to see. 

The same generally cannot be said for men. Apart from the stigma of being a "man" who needs help, I believe there is also a general feeling that "you don't have it as bad as women" and therefore your issues are not important to address or deal with. 

The problem compounds when it is a white man. What does a white man have to complain about?  They have the easiest time in life than any other group!  While this may be right, they are still human.....and there are a specific subset of white men that really need help with their issues and may feel like that help doesn't exist or they should "suck it up"

How long to match up finger prints and what not?

Can they confirm without a doubt that he killed himself and only his prints were on the guns?
:lmao: :lmao:   Let me get this straight, you think there might be this huge complicated conspiracy which the actual shooters planned so well that they were able to disappear without a trace, but oooops they left fingerprints on the gun?  Is that what you're saying?

:goodposting:    I mentioned yesterday that I thought this was about his dad. This and another article have come out.  Six years ago I went into counseling at 51. Found out their were about a half dozen shaming behaviors passed on to me by my alcoholic mom. Had no clue. Alcoholism does this. I've removed those behaviors from my life. It takes time, a lot of work, and not beating yourself up if you slip up.   The magnitude of the issues was not that great, but it was enough to have them looked at. We are all so much better off for learning about this.

:goodposting:    I mentioned yesterday that I thought this was about his dad. This and another article have come out.  Six years ago I went into counseling at 51. Found out their were about a half dozen shaming behaviors passed on to me by my alcoholic mom. Had no clue. Alcoholism does this. I've removed those behaviors from my life. It takes time, a lot of work, and not beating yourself up if you slip up.   The magnitude of the issues was not that great, but it was enough to have them looked at. We are all so much better off for learning about this.

:lmao: :lmao:   Let me get this straight, you think there might be this huge complicated conspiracy which the actual shooters planned so well that they were able to disappear without a trace, but oooops they left fingerprints on the gun?  Is that what you're saying?
Settle down, Beavis.

You're not curious if anyone else could have touched ANY of his guns? Even if it was a friend who helped him carry one? Anything?

Yeah, my dad was an alcoholic and was a terrible dad. Manipulation, beratement, never played ball with us, nothing. The only gift he gave me was to make sure that doesn't pass along to my kids. I am a much better father because of that #######.

So this guys makes stops in foreign (middle east) ports and then gets the ok to buy 30+ guns?  I know they say he wasn't associated with ISIS, but those two facts together are a little concerning. Doesn't someone monitor this?

So this guys makes stops in foreign (middle east) ports and then gets the ok to buy 30+ guns?  I know they say he wasn't associated with ISIS, but those two facts together are a little concerning. Doesn't someone monitor this?
Not really.

Yes to the 30+ guns.   Connecting gun purchases with cruises is a really bad idea.

It's like some kind of freakish Philip Glass piece of one note being played over and over again and yet it still somehow sounds like the wrong note. 

He's a crazy white guy with daddy issues.  It's enough. Let it go. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, especially one that also makes several million dollars in one year from “gambling”.

It's like some kind of freakish Philip Glass piece of one note being played over and over again and yet it still somehow sounds like the wrong note. 

He's a crazy white guy with daddy issues.  It's enough. Let it go. 
But what kind of monster travels to foreign countries!?

The NRA puta kibosh on denying potential terrorists buying guns last year.

Users who are viewing this thread