What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Solo: A Star Wars Movie (1 Viewer)

hmm, I am sensing a theme here :)

===============================

Luke and Leia were 19 in Episode 4

Anakin was 19 in Episode 2

Rey was 19 in Episode 7

Han will be 19 in Solo

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, I am sensing a theme here :)

===============================

Luke and Leia were 19 in Episode 4

Anakin was 19 in Episode 2

Rey was 19 in Episode 8

Han will be 19 in Solo
Kids in this universe sure get a lot done by their teens  Leia a princess leading an important spy mission.  Amedala was the queen of an entire planet in her teens.  My 16 year old can barely handle a car going 40 miles an hour but Solo is taking a spaceship in hyperspace?  

Kids in this universe sure get a lot done by their teens  Leia a princess leading an important spy mission.  Amedala was the queen of an entire planet in her teens.  My 16 year old can barely handle a car going 40 miles an hour but Solo is taking a spaceship in hyperspace?  
Clearly, you never rode with Zak or D when they were in their teens.

And yet many child prodigies compose symphonies, go to college, etc. before age 19. Why is that so hard to swallow?

Kids in the history of the earth did a lot more than kids in current times

These tweets after the premiere always tilt to excitement, but still people seem to like it. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/solo-a-star-wars-story-first-reactions-premiere-1110688

Seems weird to have a premiere two weeks before an opening but whatever. 
the oddest thing about the reviews are the people warning about spoilers that seem like they could have an effect on the future of the franchise.  That would be really cool if they some how built in a story line to a prequel that can effect a movie down the line some where.

the oddest thing about the reviews are the people warning about spoilers that seem like they could have an effect on the future of the franchise.  That would be really cool if they some how built in a story line to a prequel that can effect a movie down the line some where.
Somebody said a “marvel-like” surprise...which, no. But still interesting. 

These tweets after the premiere always tilt to excitement, but still people seem to like it. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/solo-a-star-wars-story-first-reactions-premiere-1110688

Seems weird to have a premiere two weeks before an opening but whatever. 
I like the fact several of those tweets are positive overall but still give a rather meh take on the guy playing Han and talk about the movie taking awhile to not suck. 

Do not underestimate the power of a Pro's Pro like Ron Howard to deliver a very entertaining and quality movie.

All reports are he came right in, steadied the ship, applied his strong point of view and gut instinct immediately, and then ran with it.

Not an ounce of panic on that movie once he settled in in a couple of weeks.

Opie's the real deal as a director.

joey said:
Do not underestimate the power of a Pro's Pro like Ron Howard to deliver a very entertaining and quality movie.

All reports are he came right in, steadied the ship, applied his strong point of view and gut instinct immediately, and then ran with it.

Not an ounce of panic on that movie once he settled in in a couple of weeks.

Opie's the real deal as a director.
Staying out of the thread as much as possible but Ron Howard makes a great movie.

Was very happy they brought him in.

about what I expected.  Running in the mid 70's on RT so far.  This is the generic RT consensus.  I will be there opening night with :popcorn: in hand.

Critics Consensus: A flawed yet fun and fast-paced space adventure, Solo: A Star Wars Story should satisfy newcomers to the saga as well as longtime fans who check their expectations at the theater door.

Read 7 or 8 reviews. Most say it’s fun, a lot of action, reminds you of old Star Wars movies but won’t be your favorite Star Wars movie. 

They say the actors playing Han and Lando are fantastic. Maybe the guy who kept posting that ####### blog that said he can’t act can do it one more time. 

Read 7 or 8 reviews. Most say it’s fun, a lot of action, reminds you of old Star Wars movies but won’t be your favorite Star Wars movie. 

They say the actors playing Han and Lando are fantastic. Maybe the guy who kept posting that ####### blog that said he can’t act can do it one more time. 
Yeah I chuckled and thought of this thread when I read the ny post review and it said the one good thing about the movie was the main actor and his acting ability. 

We all knew Glover was going to kill it as Lando. It was the only sure thing about this movie. 

Any word on how many chicks are in it? Smack Tripper will be jacked if it's full of them.

And where in that second article did it state that the actor that played Solo couldn't act? That was one of your talking points, wasn't it?

And still, difference of opinion of the original directors and producers does not mean that this movie will suck. That article didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Producers didn't like the direction the original directors took, they fired them and hired Ron Howard. Everyone knew that.

This is a nothingburger. Everyone already knew that there were problems with the direction of the movie and there’s nothing in there about the Solo actor. 

Also, when Harrison Ford is raving about the movie, it pretty much destroys your argument that it’s going to suck. :lmao:  
Well I don't know about THAT.

Users who are viewing this thread