What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (13 Viewers)

And Gase playing Flacco at 0-8 instead of the looking wasted 5th rd pick...they deserve to lose the #1...jax knows how to tank
The Jets don't like using rookie or 2nd year quarterbacks even when the situation calls for it.

In 1992 Browning Nagle was blowing throughout the year. Could Jeff Blake get a start? Nope.

In 2001, Vinny Testaverde started to show his age. I attended the 15-14 win over the crappy Bengals. I screamed for Chad Pennington to be put in the game. I contend that the Jets would have won at least one playoff game that season if Testaverde was replaced by Pennington. Pennington, a 1st round draft pick, finally started a game a quarter of the way through his 3rd season!

We discussed Christian Hackenberg here in 2016 and 2017. Todd Bowles obviously saw Hackenberg sucked in practice. Could Hackenberg have been given "Oh, what the hell, let's just start him" starts in Week 17 in 2016 or 2017? Yeah, he could have. 

James Morgan here in 2020 with the team 0-8? Why the hell would you not start him? 

Watched the Mims highlights. Didn't see what everyone else is seeing. I saw a ball that basically landed in his hands while he was falling back. No swim move to get around the defender to the inside, nor a high point of the ball. Just sort of fell into his hands while he fell backwards.

He looks gangly and awkward. That is all I've got today. 

Again, I hope to all heaven he doesn't bust, both for the good of the Jets and good of my 2.04 that I picked him with in a dynasty league (Tee Higgins And Brandon Aiyuk were still available. Oof.)
I found it a good catch. He was falling backwards near the sideline but still reached out and grabbed the ball and did not land out of bounds. 

I found it a good catch. He was falling backwards near the sideline but still reached out and grabbed the ball and did not land out of bounds. 
Yeah, it wasn't bad, but people were really excited about it. I thought he should have come back over the defender and high pointed it. Otherwise, it was a decent play for sure for a rookie.

No Sam and no Q tonight. Just gotta hope that Flacco doesn't have a turn back the clock kind of night and we should be one week closer to the ultimate goal.

Only the Jets call up a never was from the practice squad in Mike White to back up a washed up Joe Flacco and leave their fourth round pick inactive.

I wonder if Loggains and Gase call that that play where Flacco runs fifteen yards nearly straight back while managing to stay in between the tackle boxes to heave a pass to nobody in particular or get sacked. I love that play.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how bad the Jets are: Normally I look forward to MNF every week as a way to cap/cement the week in the record books. I have a water or two, some snacks, and generally have a good time of it.

Tonight I'm considering not even watching my favorite team because I know first-hand how awful the product is. And I'm somebody who will watch the 1-7 Jaguars do battle with the lowly Texans because D.J. Chark is on my dynasty team and I have a vested interest in the outcome. But tonight, all I have are theoreticals and would-bes because I won't start any of the three guys I have from this God-forsaken game at this God-forsaken time.

Truly one for the ages of awfulness. I'll be surprised if the teams don't combine for less points offensively than the combined D/ST scores. Blech!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how bad the Jets are: Normally I look forward to MNF every week as a way to cap/cement the week in the record books. I have a water or two, some snacks, and generally have a good time of it.

Tonight I'm considering not even watching my favorite team because I know first-hand how awful the product is. And I'm somebody who will watch the 1-7 Jaguars do battle with the lowly Texans because D.J. Chark is on my dynasty team and I have a vested interest in the outcome. But tonight, all I have are theoreticals and would-bes because I won't start any of the three guys I have from this God-forsaken game at this God-forsaken time.

Truly one for the ages of awfulness. I'll be surprised if the teams don't combine for less points offensively than the combined D/ST scores. Blech!
So far the defenses are rising to the challenge and giving up lots of yards.

-QG

rockaction said:

but I'm looking forward to your PFF-like analysis on Mims

It is still possible for the Jets to finish in 3rd place with a 2-14 record. Trevor Lawrence to the Patriots, anybody?

Just like Miami started 0-7 last season, you can see the jets and Gase want to make their move and go 3-5 down the stretch and take themselves out of Trevor contention, they likely have their eye on a potential better QB we aren't even discussing. You gotta hand it to their front office and they way they are working hand in hand with Gase. 

👍

It is still possible for the Jets to finish in 3rd place with a 2-14 record. Trevor Lawrence to the Patriots, anybody?
Very likely.

If the Pats lose out they are almost certain to have a weaker strength of schedule than the Jets.  All but 2 of their games are in common:

Jets:  Indy (5-3) and Clev (5-3)

NE:  Bal (6-2) and Hou (2-6)

Though Baltimore coming back to beat the Colts was clutch for the Jets tiebreaker hopes.  Houston's win is likely a mixed blessing as it gives Jacksonville another loss and Houston seems like a better bet to win games going forward compared to the Jags.

-QG

Friggen Jets are screwing the pooch and will possibly win this game. They look like a football team tonight and the Patriots are the perfect foil.

I had a funny feeling earlier today that the Jets might do something stupid and not only make the injury decimated Patsies sweat but maybe win.

Funny how your gut sometimes is right. Tonight it has been as this would be very Jetlike to win and screw with their chances for the #1 overall.

BTW: The corpse of Joe Flacco looks really good as that's a TD to Crowder was just about as good a throw as a QB can make....perfecto!

Joe Flacco playing good. I cant' believe I said that...lol

In the case they both go 2-14 and have the same strength of schedule, the Patriots would pick before the Jets because of head-to-head.

There are a fair number of games left between Ind/Hou/Clev/Balt so things can definitely still flip to the Jets favor I should note.

-QB

Watching 2 close to 40 yr old players play the jets out of the top pick is so jet like....this night is going to set the team back for a decade......gase couldnt start morgan...he has destroyed this franchise

I get the Pats aren't the Pats but this is by far the best the O-Line has looked this year and it's not even close!

Heck this might be the best the O-line has looked in the past 2 years...lol

This is now officially scary for the tank as they are even scoring TD's after the opposition just scored a TD. That never happens....unreal...only the Jets!

This is so friggen bizarre to be rooting for your team to do well and win versus the team you hate the most in all of sports yet fully realizing that winning the game is not in the best interests for the teams future and so you hope they lose.

So much fun being a Jet fan.

Amazing....things are all set up for the Patriots to steal this game and the tank will live on. Can't make this #### up.

I thought they were gonna blow it. They were playing badly all game, but thank God they pulled it out at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread