What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (17 Viewers)

You guys make some good points obviously. The thing that sucks the most and is the underlying reason for the frustration I'm feeling right now besides the fact my Dad took me to Shea Stadium in the early 70's forcing me begin this Jet fandom is that Darnold cannot stay  on the damn football field. 

I so so wanted him to have those final 10 games of the year after he came back from his shoulder injury that occurred in the Denver game, when he would have Crowder,Mims and Perriman at his disposal not to mention  Becton back to help the O-line too see what he could do with a full compliment of weaponry and if he could show that those glimpses of greatness he had shown the first two years could be sustainable.

We are not going to truly ever see it as I'm convinced now that Darnold's time as a Jet no matter what our record ends up being is pretty much over. I know I was one of the last holdouts in here and still maintained that if he could be given some time in the pocket and some weapons to throw too, he would show that he really was our franchise QB and we could trade our likely 1st overall pick in the draft for the mother load.

Well if you can't stay on the f'n field, you aint going to be showing anybody anything other than that your injury prone albeit snake bit, unreliable and cannot be counted on. We might have seen the last of Sam which saddens me and so there really shouldn't be a problem seeing if Morgan can play at this level.

You guys make some good points obviously. The thing that sucks the most and is the underlying reason for the frustration I'm feeling right now besides the fact my Dad took me to Shea Stadium in the early 70's forcing me begin this Jet fandom is that Darnold cannot stay  on the damn football field. 

I so so wanted him to have those final 10 games of the year after he came back from his shoulder injury that occurred in the Denver game, when he would have Crowder,Mims and Perriman at his disposal not to mention  Becton back to help the O-line too see what he could do with a full compliment of weaponry and if he could show that those glimpses of greatness he had shown the first two years could be sustainable.

We are not going to truly ever see it as I'm convinced now that Darnold's time as a Jet no matter what our record ends up being is pretty much over. I know I was one of the last holdouts in here and still maintained that if he could be given some time in the pocket and some weapons to throw too, he would show that he really was our franchise QB and we could trade our likely 1st overall pick in the draft for the mother load.

Well if you can't stay on the f'n field, you aint going to be showing anybody anything other than that your injury prone albeit snake bit, unreliable and cannot be counted on. We might have seen the last of Sam which saddens me and so there really shouldn't be a problem seeing if Morgan can play at this level.
You had to be a real Jets fan to go to games at Shea. Man it was bitter cold in the winter with those winds. I have 2 memories that stand out from Shea:

1) The Jets-Pats game when the flying lawnmover at half time flew into the crowd and killed someone. That was crazy. It was like 3-0 that game. It was bitter cold and extremely windy. I just remember freezing under multiple blankets and hot chocolate drinks.

2) The last game the Jets played at Shea. The Steelers destroyed us. I think they shut us out. Ugly.

You had to be a real Jets fan to go to games at Shea. Man it was bitter cold in the winter with those winds. I have 2 memories that stand out from Shea:

1) The Jets-Pats game when the flying lawnmover at half time flew into the crowd and killed someone. That was crazy. It was like 3-0 that game. It was bitter cold and extremely windy. I just remember freezing under multiple blankets and hot chocolate drinks.

2) The last game the Jets played at Shea. The Steelers destroyed us. I think they shut us out. Ugly.
I was a shea kid as well....parked at the junkyard....dad would tip the usher $5 to let me in for free...was there when the lawnmower went down....who thought that was a good idea!?!?

Best memory - besides JErome Barkum TD to beat the Dolphins....I was around 8 yrs old and went to the Diamond Club after the game and Klecko stopped by for a few drinks and hung out

TLEF316 said:
yeah, its beyond stupid. But this isn't shocking.

Was hoping Jax would pull it out yesterday and give us a cushion. Almost
Looking at the Jags schedule it's hard to find another win. This is going to be nerve wracking.

it's the same feeling watching Gore get more touches than Perine every week.

Although it took a miracle for us to lose to the Pats last game, let's not forget that the Chargers have been mastering the art of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory for years.  This game will be scary. Gase has had 2 weeks to plan for this game. Luckily he won't make any halftime adjustments.
Kalen Ballage will probably fumble before reaching the endzone on the potential game winning drive.

Its bizzare and why Jet fans are so beaten and downtrodden.....what better scenario to give the kid a run....theres literally no downside yet they will trot out a 30+yr old who has zero chance of being a part of the future....if this was the 1st time maybe you could explain it but it happens time and time again....they spent a 2d rder on Hack and literally hid their shame.....

the answer is very simply - it has to be either Gase refuses to play the kid and in that case fire him.....or the kid is so bad that the franchise wont even let the league see how awful he is in an 0-9 tanking season.....which even if true makes no sense because without Lawrence at this point the franchise will be set back another 5 yrs....

The Chargers looked pretty bad last week.....Jets can absolutely win with Flacco.....much more in doubt with Morgan - and even if Morgan winds up looking good and somehow pulls out a victory at least there is some semblance of prosperity for JD finding a decent QB in mid rds...

there is literally no downside....you just have to wonder if anyone over there has a clue.  I am shocked it hasnt been more of a story.  
It is pathetic.

NYRAGE said:
Gase just earlier: Gore is playing among the higher levels of any Jets player.  Freaking clown 
this is why he should be fired in season.....its not his fault at this point....of course hes going to play the best old guys to help his case get a new job....ownership should step in and say play for the future now or else....if he wont agree then send him packing now. 

I heard the Jets picked up Pat Elflien on waivers and that the Jaguars put in a claim for him too.

While I don't think Elflien is that good his best position is likely center and he has started a lot of games.

It was a somewhat surprising cut as Elflien was a starter for the Vikings at the beginning of the season. Zimmer said they felt they had better options, but the other thing about this is the Jets take on Elfliens salary for this season, which does help the Vikings out a little bit. If no team claimed Elflien then they couldn't roll that cap space into next season.

NYRAGE said:
Gase just earlier: Gore is playing among the higher levels of any Jets player.  Freaking clown 
It is in the Jets and Gore's best interest for him to be cut. The stuff said on MNF about him influencing the young players is not worth much since maybe 20 players will still be on the roster in two years. If Gore is not cut and allowed to latch on as a backup on some playoff-bound team, then we will all hear about Gore starting the last 15 games for that 0-16 Jets team during Hall of Fame debates years from now. It'll be another horrible Jets thing for people to mention.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is in the Jets and Gore's best interest for him to be cut. The stuff said on MNF about him influencing the young players is not worth much since maybe 20 players will still be on the roster in two years. If Gore is not cut and allowed to latch on as a backup on some playoff-bound team, then we will all hear about Gore starting the last 15 games for that 0-16 Jets team during Hall of Fame debates years from now. It'll be another horrible Jets thing for people to mention.
I don't think that Gore needs to be cut. I just think that his playing time needs to be scaled down to about 25% instead of 50%+. 

On the other hand, I always think about that scene from Moneyball. When the coach refuses to do what's in the best interest of the organization, the GM traded the player (Tony Pena) that the manager kept playing. I don't know if JD gets involved in which players should be playing or whether he would even dare to pull a move like this.

Gase just said that the team cut Desir to give the young guys a chance to play. Hmm. For some reason that doesn't apply to his offense.

I don't think that Gore needs to be cut. I just think that his playing time needs to be scaled down to about 25% instead of 50%+. 

On the other hand, I always think about that scene from Moneyball. When the coach refuses to do what's in the best interest of the organization, the GM traded the player (Tony Pena) that the manager kept playing. I don't know if JD gets involved in which players should be playing or whether he would even dare to pull a move like this.

Gase just said that the team cut Desir to give the young guys a chance to play. Hmm. For some reason that doesn't apply to his offense.
exactly - I think GWill was being stubborn and JD cut Desir......he wont do the same for Gase....this is what scares the hell out of me....JD and Gase are tight.  I honestly dont think JD wants Gase to be fired and will lobby for him.....without the fans in uproar in person at the stadium Im petrified that Chris Johnson is dumb enough to be talked into keeping him  

exactly - I think GWill was being stubborn and JD cut Desir......he wont do the same for Gase....this is what scares the hell out of me....JD and Gase are tight.  I honestly dont think JD wants Gase to be fired and will lobby for him.....without the fans in uproar in person at the stadium Im petrified that Chris Johnson is dumb enough to be talked into keeping him  
HIs loyalty to Gase is a fear that we will have until proven otherwise. Gase better be fired by the Monday after the last game.

I've been a big advocate of JD coming into this year. He's gotten a pass so far from fans because we have focused our hate on Gase.

I think JD's draft class has some hope. Becton looks fantastic. Mims looks good, too especially after missing so much time. Davis looked like good in his last game. No idea about Zuniga or Clark because they have been hurt. Who knows what is up with Morgan. Perine might be serviceable. We'll see about Love.  Mann has been ok. Overall, there is some potential with his draft class even if PFF has graded them terribly so far.

JD's free agent moves have been atrocious so far. That center last year was horrific.  Using RockAction's favorite ranking system PFF:

McGovern 33rd of 39 centers

Fant 51st of 77 tackles (at a fairly expensive price)

Van Roten has improved quite a bit. He's 25th out of 83 guards.

Perriman has been banged up almost every game (granted. I don't think Anderson was such of a big loss. He has one td on a bad coverage and hasn't done much lately).

Hogan was 119th out of 125 WRs.

McDougal (from Adams trade) has been 84th out 87 safeties.

Onwuasor hasn't played yet..

Desir was a disaster.

Wilson (trade) has been awful.

Poole was great, but now on IR. I'm not sure what happened to Jordan Jenkins. He's been awful, too.

With all of that money to spend next year, we better hope that JD is better in free agency. It's not very impressive so far. Luckily, there is no long term damage. Only McGovern got a longer deal.

With all of that money to spend next year, we better hope that JD is better in free agency. It's not very impressive so far. Luckily, there is no long term damage.
There is hope that perhaps this is the year he was just piecing together a team to set up for his second draft with real draft capital. It's the Jets, but there's hope that this is the case.

I still have no idea what they were doing drafting Morgan. There was really no excuse for that. 

assuming they announce extending Gase and Gore at the same time.

-QG

Loggins: We think Herndon is a good receiver, but we haven't asked him to be in a receiving role. Freaking idiot.  This is our coaching staff.

There is hope that perhaps this is the year he was just piecing together a team to set up for his second draft with real draft capital. It's the Jets, but there's hope that this is the case.

I still have no idea what they were doing drafting Morgan. There was really no excuse for that. 
I quoted you guys to get Jets Homers’ takes

Anything to see here ?

”ESPN’s Rich Cimini reports Theodore’s LaMical Perine of the New York Jets “will be the featured back over the remainder of the season as the organization tries to determine if he can be a future RB1.”

I don’t know anything about Cimini, this is from about a week ago 

Sorry if it’s already been discussed and I missed it

I'm not a homer (just visiting) but live in the area so get a lot more Jets news by osmosis.

I mean it totally make sense to play Perine and with an extra week to gameplan and going against a 2-7 team if not now, when?

By the way if you follow the tankathon site standings note that the Strength of Schedule they show reflects ALL 16 opponents - not just the ones they have already played.  Jets need a lot of help to pass the Jaguars in that stat.

Jets: .592  Jags: .548  

Jets actually have the toughest schedule in the league but you should hide that stat from the Johnson family.

-QG

I quoted you guys to get Jets Homers’ takes

Anything to see here ?

”ESPN’s Rich Cimini reports Theodore’s LaMical Perine of the New York Jets “will be the featured back over the remainder of the season as the organization tries to determine if he can be a future RB1.”

I don’t know anything about Cimini, this is from about a week ago 

Sorry if it’s already been discussed and I missed it
Yeah I mentioned a while back that Cimini speculated that Perine "should" get more carries the rest of the way to be evaluated, but Cimini's speculation got carried by a lot of outlets as if it's a fact.  It definitely makes sense, but as you can gather from this thread title, Gase has some unexplained infatuation with Gore. Nothing with Gase seems to make sense.

Maybe Perine gets more opportunities coming out of the bye, but I wouldn't bet on it knowing Gase.

Yeah I mentioned a while back that Cimini speculated that Perine "should" get more carries the rest of the way to be evaluated, but Cimini's speculation got carried by a lot of outlets as if it's a fact.  It definitely makes sense, but as you can gather from this thread title, Gase has some unexplained infatuation with Gore. Nothing with Gase seems to make sense.

Maybe Perine gets more opportunities coming out of the bye, but I wouldn't bet on it knowing Gase.
Seconded. Nice comment all around. Trusting these blurbs, even when stated as fact, is fool's good sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was thinking about this last night when I was out a happy hour with some buddies of mine who live near me hear in the suburbs of Philly. They are all Eagle fans but they asked me if I would be embarrassed if my Jets finished 0-16. I told them very quickly as I didn't even have to think more than a second about this but I have no shame anymore as I'd have no problemo being the 3rd or is it 4th team in history to go 0-16....none whatsoever!.

I know we all feel this way but I really really want this #1 overall pick as I think it's crucial to the future of this god forsaken cursed franchise of ours. I'm convinced that the Jags aren't winning another a game rest of the season as they have in order Steelers and Browns at home followed by the red hot Vikings, home Titans, at Baltimore home vs Chicago and finish the season at Indy.

On paper sure it looks like they could maybe beat Chicago and maybe Indy rests it's starters as by than they would have clinched a playoff spot and seeding wouldn't be a factor. But I'm not counting on that or taking any chances on them winning any game as with our wonderful luck, we'll end up tied with the Jags and they'll have the tie breaker on us. You just know it would play out that way.

So with our remaining schedule of at San Diego(yes they'll always be San Diego to me...lol), home vs Miami and the Raiders, at Seattle and at the Rams and ending up with home vs Cleveland and at the Patriots.

Tho the Jets won't be favored in any game the rest of the way, no matter what you guys say, I'm concerned about tomorrow's game vs the Chargers as they, like us are cursed and can blow games with the best of them. I'm feeling better about Miami now as they have become a good team. The Raiders I feel pretty good we'll lose to them. The Rams and Seattle are definite losses...so feel good there.

The last two games....the Browns I'm not totally comfy there as the Browns are a cursed franchise just like us and tho they'll definitely be playing hard and have playoff aspirations dancing in their heads, I'd not put it past them to chokola and gift us a win. And finally the Patriots game. You guys know how I feel about this one. If not allow me to remind you as I've been saying this since around Game 4. Belechik hates the Jets more than anything in the world and tho it would be totally against his coaching credo and style to rest starters as it's just not the way he does things.

Would it totally shock anyone if the Patriots are out of the playoff hunt and have nothing to play for, if the hoodie decided...."hmmm....do I want to have to face Trevor Lawrence twice a year for the next decade and so would it be so terrible to rest Cam and some of the other starters and give some of these kids a look for next year"?. Oh and at the same time I can F with the Jets"....hmmmmm

Would it be surprising if Belechik did that? Yeah kind of if I were totally honest cause it's not his style. But it certainly wouldn't shock me if he did it and potentially gift the Jets a win they absolutely would have no shot at winning otherwise.

Bottom line....0-16 guarantees Lawrence obviously. 1-15 would get me really nervous considering the Jags are just about as horrible as we are. The push for the #1 overall starts in earnest tomorrow and so my "beloved" Jets do the right thing and play hard, Becton, Davis, Perine, Mims all play well but lose the dang game!!

What a good Jet fan I am....lol

Was thinking about this last night when I was out a happy hour with some buddies of mine who live near me hear in the suburbs of Philly. They are all Eagle fans but they asked me if I would be embarrassed if my Jets finished 0-16. I told them very quickly as I didn't even have to think more than a second about this but I have no shame anymore as I'd have no problemo being the 3rd or is it 4th team in history to go 0-16....none whatsoever!.

I know we all feel this way but I really really want this #1 overall pick as I think it's crucial to the future of this god forsaken cursed franchise of ours. I'm convinced that the Jags aren't winning another a game rest of the season as they have in order Steelers and Browns at home followed by the red hot Vikings, home Titans, at Baltimore home vs Chicago and finish the season at Indy.

On paper sure it looks like they could maybe beat Chicago and maybe Indy rests it's starters as by than they would have clinched a playoff spot and seeding wouldn't be a factor. But I'm not counting on that or taking any chances on them winning any game as with our wonderful luck, we'll end up tied with the Jags and they'll have the tie breaker on us. You just know it would play out that way.

So with our remaining schedule of at San Diego(yes they'll always be San Diego to me...lol), home vs Miami and the Raiders, at Seattle and at the Rams and ending up with home vs Cleveland and at the Patriots.

Tho the Jets won't be favored in any game the rest of the way, no matter what you guys say, I'm concerned about tomorrow's game vs the Chargers as they, like us are cursed and can blow games with the best of them. I'm feeling better about Miami now as they have become a good team. The Raiders I feel pretty good we'll lose to them. The Rams and Seattle are definite losses...so feel good there.

The last two games....the Browns I'm not totally comfy there as the Browns are a cursed franchise just like us and tho they'll definitely be playing hard and have playoff aspirations dancing in their heads, I'd not put it past them to chokola and gift us a win. And finally the Patriots game. You guys know how I feel about this one. If not allow me to remind you as I've been saying this since around Game 4. Belechik hates the Jets more than anything in the world and tho it would be totally against his coaching credo and style to rest starters as it's just not the way he does things.

Would it totally shock anyone if the Patriots are out of the playoff hunt and have nothing to play for, if the hoodie decided...."hmmm....do I want to have to face Trevor Lawrence twice a year for the next decade and so would it be so terrible to rest Cam and some of the other starters and give some of these kids a look for next year"?. Oh and at the same time I can F with the Jets"....hmmmmm

Would it be surprising if Belechik did that? Yeah kind of if I were totally honest cause it's not his style. But it certainly wouldn't shock me if he did it and potentially gift the Jets a win they absolutely would have no shot at winning otherwise.

Bottom line....0-16 guarantees Lawrence obviously. 1-15 would get me really nervous considering the Jags are just about as horrible as we are. The push for the #1 overall starts in earnest tomorrow and so my "beloved" Jets do the right thing and play hard, Becton, Davis, Perine, Mims all play well but lose the dang game!!

What a good Jet fan I am....lol
You make some good points.

Embarrassed about going 0-16? Heck no, rooting for it.  No one cares if we come up with a true franchise QB.

The Chargers always find a way to lose. Always and often in spectacular fashion. They are still better than us and Herbert looks like a stud. They should have no problem throwing against us. They should beat us.

Every one of those other teams are better than us. Cleveland is the one I trust the least. They should still win, but you never know.

We almost beat the Pats last time. They are not good at all. That's the real game to worry about. Would Bill lose to us to intentionally to avoid us getting the first pick? I'm betting no. He has too much pride to lose to a win-less Adam Gase team. I think he would rather stick his head in an oven than go down as the only team the Jets beat this year. Just my gut feeling.He probably believes that our ineptitude would ruin any potential franchise QB anyway.

You make some good points.

Embarrassed about going 0-16? Heck no, rooting for it.  No one cares if we come up with a true franchise QB.

The Chargers always find a way to lose. Always and often in spectacular fashion. They are still better than us and Herbert looks like a stud. They should have no problem throwing against us. They should beat us.

Every one of those other teams are better than us . Cleveland is the one I trust the least. They should still win, but you never know.

We almost beat the Pats last time. They are not good at all. That's the real game to worry about. Would Bill lose to us to intentionally to avoid us getting the first pick? I'm betting no. He has too much pride to lose to a win-less Adam Gase team. I think he would rather stick his head in an oven than go down as the only team the Jets beat this year. Just my gut feeling.He probably believes that our ineptitude would ruin any potential franchise QB anyway.
I'm with ya...we are on same page about the hoodie but there is just that unreasonable hatred thing he has for the Jets that just gives me slight pause that it's a total lock that we lose that game seeing that could be the the troll of all trolls he could do to us if he rested some of his starters and gifted us a win to cost us the chance at the #1 overall.

But yeah, it would be doubtful that would occur but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't on my mind.

If I had too rank the top 3 games that IMO would be the ones to get nervous about and  think we could win going forward it would be the Browns game, tomorrow's game vs the jinxed Chargers and the Patriot game. Every other game I feel quite confident we'll lose and lose handily. I hope your right about Hebert tomorrow as I have too start Mike Williams due to A Robinson being on a bye and so if Hebert could show Williams some love I'd very much appreciate it.

I'm with ya...we are on same page about the hoodie but there is just that unreasonable hatred thing he has for the Jets that just gives me slight pause that it's a total lock that we lose that game seeing that could be the the troll of all trolls he could do to us if he rested some of his starters and gifted us a win to cost us the chance at the #1 overall.

But yeah, it would be doubtful that would occur but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't on my mind.

If I had too rank the top 3 games that IMO would be the ones to get nervous about and  think we could win going forward it would be the Browns game, tomorrow's game vs the jinxed Chargers and the Patriot game. Every other game I feel quite confident we'll lose and lose handily. I hope your right about Hebert tomorrow as I have too start Mike Williams due to A Robinson being on a bye and so if Hebert could show Williams some love I'd very much appreciate it.
Outside of Maye, our secondary is as inexperienced as you can get.  Desir got cut. Poole is on the IR. Davis is at safety. Our CBs are Austin (maybe if he plays), Hall, Guidry, L. Jackson, and Corey Ballentine. Holy hell. Herbert should just pass deep on every play. Don't even call any run plays.

Outside of Maye, our secondary is as inexperienced as you can get.  Desir got cut. Poole is on the IR. Davis is at safety. Our CBs are Austin (maybe if he plays), Hall, Guidry, L. Jackson, and Corey Ballentine. Holy hell. Herbert should just pass deep on every play. Don't even call any run plays.
Actually Desir getting cut gets me nervous seeing whoever replaces him(Hall?) should be exponentially better...lol

secondary will get lit up like an arena league pinball.....im actually starting Mike Williams over some quality WRs on my fantasy team....chargers know how to lose but feel better about the tank traveling to west coast and starting that secondary

BTW - anyone who doesnt see the value in the tank - Fields did not look great yesterday - huge gap between Lawrence and him so dont think of it as a 1A/1B - they have to go 0-16 to bring this franchise fwd.  

Flacco to the tank rescue.

Btw, I know it's only a kicker, but Mr. Magoo could see that Castillo is better than Ficken. Of course, Gore gets almost all the early carries. Freaking Gase is a moron.

A live look at Gase's halftime adjustments:

Gore only got 7 carries in the first half. Need to feed him more in the second half to set up that 4th quarter field goal.

At the absolute worst if you guys screw up and win one you'll end up with Fields  My Bengals are locked into #3 at 2-13-1 but there aren't enough evil Belichick's on your schedule to get you 3 wins.  (And tbh even if we end up at #2 we ain't taking a QB and we almost never ever trade down).  Just gotta hope Gase keeps his eyes on the prize now

-QG

I was at a soccer game for my kid and listening to the end of the game on the radio on the way home - both of us screaming and cheering....for the Chargers.  Very surreal but at least not disappointed!  

Jacksonville has me worried. They are clearly tanking with Luton - he is terrible. One win could doom us and these last two games have been close now. 

Flacco isn't very good but he's looked worlds better than Darnold (which is scary). 

So many Jets moments.

1st drive, the Jets march down the field brimming with confidence.  Dominate the line of scrimmage.  Easy rushing TD for Perine.  Miss the PAT.

Sketchy on D, making Herbert look like a franchise QB, but wait, Jets recover a fumble at their own goal line!  Flacco then throws a pick 6.

Gore, Gore, Gore.  Is he running around in black socks?

Another missed PAT.

Who needs WRs? 

Gore, Gore, Gore.

Herdon caught something and it's not COVID!

Who's THAT guy?

Well, at least they're not getting totally embarrassed

Gore, Gore, Gore.

Oh yeah, this is the Chargers - we could win this...

Phew - nice underthrow Flacco.  That was close.

The 0-16 dream remains alive.  I am all in for complete and utter humiliation at this point.  The #1 is only a bonus.  I want this dysfunctional garbage heap of a franchise to feel pain.  I want there to be absolutely no doubt that Gase and his entire staff will be fired.  No more Frank Gores, Brett Favres, Derrick Masons, or Ronnie Lotts.  Tear this thing down and get to work building something that will last.    

In other news, Woody has been officially* replaced as US Ambassador to England. We replace one doofus with another.

* pending investigation of a global conspiracy

I told ya this Charger game got me nervous and there was good reason for it....they are the Chargers!!!....lol. Yesterday's game should have been a 41-10 blowout but instead the Chargers will go all Chargers on you and try their darndest to swipe defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Well we dodged a bullet there and I believe now that all those 2 win teams like the Cowboys, Skins, Panthers and Texans won yesterday, unless we win 2 games the rest of the way which is extremely extremely unlikely, we have guaranteed ourselves no worse than the #2 overall draft pick.

Now I know the Miami game shouldn't get us nervous and as I said, the Browns and Patriots games worry me more. But of the other 4 remaining games(Seattle, Rams, Raiders and Fish), the Miami game does give me a bit of uneasiness seeing Fitzy could be at the helm in place of Tua and he's been known to implode at the worst possible times. The Jet/Miami history over the years also gets me a tad nervous as our games with one another are either epic memorable games or bizarre and head scratching. 

A nice and tidy 24-10 Miami win next week would work quite nicely for our end game here in Jetland.

Users who are viewing this thread