What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Dallas Goedert, PHI (1 Viewer)

Wow I'm torn now. Juicy Dallas matchup can go two ways: blowout then sit or limited pitch count cuz of a twinge....I've got jonuu  to start or Fant/burton to start. Obviously the ceiling is high with Goedert but the floor is much lower. Maybe I'm over thinking...

Yeah, I was slated to start a gimpy Fant at this point, so I’ll take my chances with Goedert. He must be close to 100%, otherwise you’d think Philly would sit him. They don’t need him tomorrow so he must be good to go.
Doing the same...he was still on the wire (I think most thinking he would not be back til after the bye).  I let go of my depth in a concussed Lindsay to grab Goedert..

Reagor came off IR at the same time. Both are in line to play. 

Wentz getting more weapons back. PHI will most likely roll dem Cowboys 41-24.

Wow as much as I am hurting at TE in the league where I have him and as much as I know this is somehow an important division game for Philly, I'd really they rather just sit him.  4 weeks is really pushing it for a HAS alone much less one with a fractured tibia involved too.  With the bye week coming up and Richard Rodgers playing pretty well the last couple weeks this just seems like a dangerous move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow as much as I am hurting at TE in the league where I have him and as much as I know this is somehow an important division game for Philly, I'd really they rather just sit him.  4 weeks is really pushing it for a HAS alone much less one with a fractured tibia involved too.  With the bye week coming up and Richard Rodgers playing pretty well the last couple weeks this just seems like a dangerous move.
It has been 5 weeks.

I agree they should have this game easily won and now reason to risk him with the bye week but since they activated him with that knowledge it might just be as simple as he's just to healthy to justify not activating.

It has been 5 weeks.

I agree they should have this game easily won and now reason to risk him with the bye week but since they activated him with that knowledge it might just be as simple as he's just to healthy to justify not activating.
Watched film of him running routes this week and he looked fine. I don't think they would activate him and make roster cuts if they didn't plan on using him in the game. Big-time upside, and he's going right in to my starting line-up.

Expected to be active this week!
That sucks a lot as my TE already played and I would have dropped him and rolled with Goedert, had there been any suggestion that playing was a possibility.  Everywhere I looked (and I tried) the talk was post bye.   I had a hard decision on waivers and this would have made things SO much easier.  Aarggh.  Fantasy Football.

Wow I'm torn now. Juicy Dallas matchup can go two ways: blowout then sit or limited pitch count cuz of a twinge....I've got jonuu  to start or Fant/burton to start. Obviously the ceiling is high with Goedert but the floor is much lower. Maybe I'm over thinking...
I have Jonnu as well.  Think I will still go with him given the Cin matchup.  Tempted to start Goedert and Jonnu has been disappointing lately but it’s hard to tell how much Goedert plays.  Jonnu seems like the safer play although a lower ceiling  

That sucks a lot as my TE already played and I would have dropped him and rolled with Goedert, had there been any suggestion that playing was a possibility.  Everywhere I looked (and I tried) the talk was post bye.   I had a hard decision on waivers and this would have made things SO much easier.  Aarggh.  Fantasy Football.
I’m not even sure I can name the Panthers or Falcons starting TE.

Don't think the Eagles are good enough right now to assume they beat anyone. This is a division game. If Goedert is healthy and showed it in practice then this a game they should use him. 

Watched film of him running routes this week and he looked fine.
That's the info I was searching for, how he actually looked.

I will just say if you feel good about his health he's a must start . I get they could get a lead early and take the foot off the gas but would people who own a Kittle or Kelce type sit them if they just got activated from IR and was playing? I'm thinking no and IMO that's pretty close to the company a healthy Dallas Goedert has for me right now.

Watched film of him running routes this week and he looked fine. I don't think they would activate him and make roster cuts if they didn't plan on using him in the game. Big-time upside, and he's going right in to my starting line-up.
This is what a lot of people were saying about Saquon coming back from his HAS last year too (and of course remember the infamous dancing video with Saquon). It's just so so common for guys to come back in less than 6 weeks from this injury and end up playing poorly most of the rest of the year. 

I realize not all injuries are the same but CMC picked up a HAS a week earlier than Goedert and still isn't back yet, and that was without a tibia fracture on top of it and without a bye next week that could really give him the extra time to get it all sorted out. 

I’m not even sure I can name the Panthers or Falcons starting TE.
Hayden Hurst has actually been solid and performed as well as any TE outside of Kelce, Kittle, Waller.  Just needed the roster spot with a combo of byes and injury.

And I'm high on Goedert.

That's the info I was searching for, how he actually looked.

I will just say if you feel good about his health he's a must start . I get they could get a lead early and take the foot off the gas but would people who own a Kittle or Kelce type sit them if they just got activated from IR and was playing? I'm thinking no and IMO that's pretty close to the company a healthy Dallas Goedert has for me right now.
I'm an Eagles fan, and there hasn't been a game this year where they could take their foot off of the gas. That's something I wouldn't bet on! ha!

I think the best move for the team would have been to let him get another couple weeks rest, but I guess he showed enough in practice this week that it just didn't seem necessary.

My other option is Gesicki, and I traded away Andrews knowing I would be riding Goedert the rest of the season, so keep that in mind.

I have Jonnu as well.  Think I will still go with him given the Cin matchup.  Tempted to start Goedert and Jonnu has been disappointing lately but it’s hard to tell how much Goedert plays.  Jonnu seems like the safer play although a lower ceiling  
Debating the same thing here.

Did not expect this news.  Ugh.  After last week, I picked up Rodgers everywhere I could.  I wonder if this makes him irrelevant?  May just roll with Rodgers regardless, and hope there's enough to go around, fantasy-wise.  

This was from  Profootballdoc on 10/28 and it does lower my expectations a little for this week:

Dallas Goedert Progressing in Return from IR

Dallas Goedert was seen back at practice today and he was moving relatively well. By limited video he was running with a slight hitch in his gait on his injured left ankle.  He is still progressing much better than expected and while he could see limited duties this week he will be likely be full go for week 9(whoever wrote that obviously did not know the bye week)

https://profootballdoc.com/#/squads/5f44acfc524353479ceb39e1

This was from  Profootballdoc on 10/28 and it does lower my expectations a little for this week:

Dallas Goedert Progressing in Return from IR

Dallas Goedert was seen back at practice today and he was moving relatively well. By limited video he was running with a slight hitch in his gait on his injured left ankle.  He is still progressing much better than expected and while he could see limited duties this week he will be likely be full go for week 9(whoever wrote that obviously did not know the bye week)

https://profootballdoc.com/#/squads/5f44acfc524353479ceb39e1
I didn't see a hitch in his gait, and literally no beat writers in Philly mentioned a hitch in his gait.

With that said, if you have other quality options it wouldn't hurt to wait and see.

Also, the video I watched was from Thursday's practice (10/29)

Did not expect this news.  Ugh.  After last week, I picked up Rodgers everywhere I could.  I wonder if this makes him irrelevant?  May just roll with Rodgers regardless, and hope there's enough to go around, fantasy-wise.  
Same boat.  Not sure what to do.

Stunned that he's playing... I already started Hayden Hurst so right now it's a matter of putting him in my 2nd flex... I have Joshua Kelly @ Denver, Sterling Sheperd vs. Tampa Bay, and Trey Burton @ Detroit. They could blow out Dallas w/o Goedert and I'm worried they only play him limited snaps, but at least I can wait on the decision since I have late game options.

I didn't see a hitch in his gait, and literally no beat writers in Philly mentioned a hitch in his gait.

With that said, if you have other quality options it wouldn't hurt to wait and see.

Also, the video I watched was from Thursday's practice (10/29)
Profootballdoc said the same thing about Miles Sanders before he came back in week 2.   I didn't see a hitch at all there either.  When Sanders returned, there he looked 100%.

Biggest challenge here is it’s the sunday night game.  Probably need some insurance either with rodgers or Schultz.  Probably not worth trying to get a tb or nyg backup te.

Stunned that he's playing... I already started Hayden Hurst so right now it's a matter of putting him in my 2nd flex... I have Joshua Kelly @ Denver, Sterling Sheperd vs. Tampa Bay, and Trey Burton @ Detroit. They could blow out Dallas w/o Goedert and I'm worried they only play him limited snaps, but at least I can wait on the decision since I have late game options.
I'm shocked as well but he has to be real close to 100% if not 100% to be going out there imo. 

Biggest challenge here is it’s the sunday night game.  Probably need some insurance either with rodgers or Schultz.  Probably not worth trying to get a tb or nyg backup te.
I have Gronk too so I'm set.  However, I still think Gronk is the better play this week.

I’ve also got Gronk. Thinking of starting Dallas and Gronk now. Would be starting Dallas over claypool or john brown. 
Dallas AND Gronk?  Interesting.  I'd have to bench someone like Jefferson, Zeke, or Gio so don't think so.  I did take a hit with Moore on Thursday so need to figure out best upside which is probably Goedert actually...  

This might be an ignorant question, but does activating him mean he's 100 percent playing Sunday night? They made corresponding moves to get him on the roster, correct? So he wouldn't suddenly be inactive unless something happened in warm-ups? 

I have Rodgers and Goedert, and could ditch Rodgers now for a speculative pickup. But if there's any chance Godert wouldn't play, I don't want to be caught with a zero. Maybe I don't totally understand the three-week IR. The move means Goedert will definitely be active Sunday night? Thanks. 

This might be an ignorant question, but does activating him mean he's 100 percent playing Sunday night? They made corresponding moves to get him on the roster, correct? So he wouldn't suddenly be inactive unless something happened in warm-ups? 

I have Rodgers and Goedert, and could ditch Rodgers now for a speculative pickup. But if there's any chance Godert wouldn't play, I don't want to be caught with a zero. Maybe I don't totally understand the three-week IR. The move means Goedert will definitely be active Sunday night? Thanks. 
They cut their other TE, Hakeem Butler as a corresponding move. I think that's a clear indication Goedert is playing.

The big thing for people with Goedert is... a) what do you need? b) what are you expecting? If you need just 4-5 points from you TE/Flex and you have good options... yeah maybe give Goedert the night off. But if you need a 10+ FP and your pickings are slim, sure start him. I just worry about him being so limited early and then Dallas gets behind so fast they decide to give him the night off after 2 quarters.

I mean, they have Richard Rodgers who went 6/85 last week. They could decide to run a lot more 1 TE sets now that they have receivers again. Would they? Not likely but again we aren't sure. We'll find out tomorrow.

The big thing for people with Goedert is... a) what do you need? b) what are you expecting? If you need just 4-5 points from you TE/Flex and you have good options... yeah maybe give Goedert the night off. But if you need a 10+ FP and your pickings are slim, sure start him. I just worry about him being so limited early and then Dallas gets being so fast the decide to give him the night off after 2 quarters.

I mean, they have Richard Rodgers who went 6/85 last week. They could decide to run a lot more 1 TE sets now that they have receivers again. Would they? Not likely but again we aren't sure. We'll find out tomorrow.
I agree with what you've said and, basically, this is why I expected him to sit until after the bye.  I guess it suggests that they think is 100%.

This isn't really a hard decision. If you have a top 6 option outside of Goedert, you start that TE. If not, you start Goedert.

Starting him over Jimmy Graham. Graham has been super average over the last few weeks. I'm ready for boom or bust from DG. 

FreeBaGeL said:
This is what a lot of people were saying about Saquon coming back from his HAS last year too (and of course remember the infamous dancing video with Saquon). It's just so so common for guys to come back in less than 6 weeks from this injury and end up playing poorly most of the rest of the year. 

I realize not all injuries are the same but CMC picked up a HAS a week earlier than Goedert and still isn't back yet, and that was without a tibia fracture on top of it and without a bye next week that could really give him the extra time to get it all sorted out. 
I agree, but I thought Goedert had a fractured ankle and not a high ankle sprain? 

I agree, but I thought Goedert had a fractured ankle and not a high ankle sprain? 
I couldn't recall either. I just double checked and apparently it was a HAS and a cracked tibia.

I'm really torn on what to do with him. In the league where I have him I'm an underdog so may flex him for the upside (TE premium). But I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if he came off this injury and produced immediately. 

I can see Dallas come back and get like 5 catches and I could also see him come back and get like 2 with Rodgers getting a bunch of play too to keep Dallas on a pitch count.

I think the one thing maybe getting glossed over a bit is how much in playing shape is he? He hasn't played for a month, will he need a breather more often than not? 

I keep waffling back and forth on if I start him in a TE 1.5 ppr league over Reshard Higgins (WR 1 PPR). Its that much of a concern on usage. 

Users who are viewing this thread