What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018-19 NBA Thread: Magic Johnson leaves Lakers in order to pursue other jobs to be completely terrible at (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could get somebody like Anthony Tolliver and Wayne Ellington to give them 90% of the production for a quarter the price and still have money to chase a more long term fit.
Tolliver is very, very underrated.  Versatile defender that works his tail off and can hit threes?  Every team should want a player like that.

Roberson's injury doesn't get much attention because he's not a big name, but very good defender.  Grant is an upgrade over Anthony if they figure that out.

Westbrook, PG, Adams, Grant and Roberson is a solid starting five.
I dont care how good Roberson is defensively.  If you are that bad on offense you shouldn't be starting.

would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what the Lakers sales pitch is to Lebron right now:

"you can be part of a team that was real good in the past! We will try to get Demarcus Cousins, though he may not play half the year. Lonzo Ball is just getting more cut physically...."

Vincent Goodwill‏Verified account @vgoodwill

The Atlanta Hawks are one of the team's showing interest in RFA Zach LaVine, according to sources

would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what the Lakers sales pitch is to Lebron right now:

"you can be part of a team that was real good in the past! We will try to get Demarcus Cousins, though he may not play half the year. Lonzo Ball is just getting more cut physically...."
by which we mean the surgeon's knife into his knee...

The Spurs signing Gay & Belinelli seems odd.  After the Pau Gasol contract situation last year it seems like San Antonio has lost their fastball.  They're overpaying for too many veterans that just aren't difference makers while pushing Kawhi out the door.  They really need to maximize their one big trade chip or slow play him and build that trust back.

Rumor I heard was LA was trying to pony up Chicago to take Ball in a deal to rid Deng's contract. 

Vincent Goodwill‏Verified account @vgoodwill

The Atlanta Hawks are one of the team's showing interest in RFA Zach LaVine, according to sources
Draft shooters all day long, but bring in LaVine for big money?  Why?  It'll either be a horrible contract or the Bulls will match.  Seems like a waste of time (at best).  Atlanta should go after a cheap veteran point guard that can be Trae Young's mentor.

he's made $26 million plus this deal basically off of natural taletnt and never trying to work (as far as I can tell).  what a country!
In today's game a big that can shoot threes like Speights can should be gold too.  His release is quick, but that's about the only thing quick about his game.

Why did George sign 3 year +1 year option?  If he signs for 2 years he's at 10 years and can go back into FA and get a fat raise?  He held all the cards and this just seems like an odd finish.  Especially when you consider the 5 year max offer he could have just signed with the Pacers had he been willing to forgo on LA.

Two possible additional winners of LA missing out on Paul George to OKC:

1) Spurs - the Lakers looked at the Knicks/Carmelo Anthony trade years ago with Denver and elected to wait when the Pacers made George available last year.  Then he went back to OKC and they're now looking at a similar situation with Kawhi.  The Lakers may not want to let Leonard get to a team like the 76ers or Clippers and possibly lose out again.  That only helps SAS in negotiations.

2) Pelicans - With a spot available the Lakers are still big-name hunting and DeMarcus Cousins would seem to be a target.  I'm sure New Orleans would want Boogie back at the right price, but losing his injury risk, mercurial nature, and inconsistent temperament may be a blessing in disguise.  Plus, if the Pels are really going to make some noise they need to have Anthony Davis playing the 5 anyway.

Joe Harris 2/16 back to Nets

Doug McDermott 3/22 to Pacers

Value wise, those are both better deals that Barton at 4/54.  Not sure there's a huge gap in talent (not enough to warrant the vastly different price tags at least).
Yeah, that’s not bad for Brooklyn. They clearly loved Harris and I was worried they would get in a bidding war with someone and massively overpay. Thought 6-8 mil/year would be acceptable. 

Also, they’ve signed Ed Davis to a 1 year, $4.4MM deal, so there’s some of the big man depth they were lacking last year. Ho hum.

Shtick aside, I’d be interested in hearing what you guys think about the possibility of LeBron and Boogie playing together. Seems like LeBron would be one of the few guys capable of out-alphaing Boogie, both talent wise and from a pure physical standpoint.  Or maybe Boogie is such a knucklehead that even LeBron couldn’t reach him.  

Would sure be fun to find out.  

Shtick aside, I’d be interested in hearing what you guys think about the possibility of LeBron and Boogie playing together. Seems like LeBron would be one of the few guys capable of out-alphaing Boogie, both talent wise and from a pure physical standpoint.  Or maybe Boogie is such a knucklehead that even LeBron couldn’t reach him.  

The Clippers certainly would contend if that happened.

Unless it's a 1 year deal, I want no part of Cousins on the Lakers.

Not gonna be Lebron, PG and Kawhi?

Price goes down for Spurs.  It's Ball, Kuz and some picks.  Or eff off.

Lebron is coming anyway.  Time to wait it out.  

PG?  Just wow.

That team was gonna blow it up if you don't resign.  

Good for PG and OkC.  I just don't get it.

Money?  Isn't PG Nike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread