What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

The cuts only 154ish, cannot imagine it climbs more than 25 points, if that... Anyone have the ownership numbers for the last 2 games?

Well, I'm done. I'm 0.25 over with only Rudolph going (unless Treadwell goes nuts and hits 13+). Unless Rudy has an amazing 2nd half, it's onto 2019.

Good luck, gents.

Done. 7 under cut with no one left. Bortles, Conner, and D Johnson let me down. Them and my weak WRs. I knew it would be very tough to get by this week without Mahomes, Gurley, & Hill. Would have been looking real good though if I squeaked into top 500. Good luck to whomever is moving on! 

Done. 7 under cut with no one left. Bortles, Conner, and D Johnson let me down. Them and my weak WRs. I knew it would be very tough to get by this week without Mahomes, Gurley, & Hill. Would have been looking real good though if I squeaked into top 500. Good luck to whomever is moving on! 
Similar in that I was missing Mahomes/Gurley/Cooks, massively under the cut and done unless Coutee can go 12-200-2 or something like that

I was doing pretty well through the first half of the late afternoon games. Then the Steelers decided Conner was more valuable blocking pass rushers than actually touching the ball, the Cardinals got so far behind that DJ became irrelevant and the Dolphins decided Tannehill needed to hand off every play, so they combined for about 3 points in the second half. As a result, I'm 4.5 over the cut with only Fairbairn (-6) and useless Taywan Taylor left.  The line shouldn't move a lot tonight, so double digits from Fairbairn might let me squeak through.

I should survive this week, but my QBs are Jimmy G, Dalton, and Flacco. Yikes. I may end up quarterbackless.

Well, if it hadn't ended last week, this week would surely have been the end. 

Alex Smith - gone
Mitchell Trubisky - out this week
Marcus Mariota - Seriously?  That's who I'd have been counting on?

David Johnson - 79 yards from scrimmage
Melvin Gordon - ACL
Royce Freeman - 17 yards
Peyton Barber - Someone scored, anyway
James Conner - 95 yards from scrimmage

Jarvis Landry - 3 catches, 30 yards
Keelan Cole - bupkus
John  Brown - 1 catch 25 yards
John Ross - Hang on, someone else scored!
Geronimo Allison, Taywan Taylor, Terrance Williams, yuck, blecch and pooey!

Travis Kelce - bye week
Greg Olson - 2 catches, 11 yards
Dallas Goedert - 3 catches, 33 yards
Blake Jarwin - 2 catches, 25 yards
Nick Vannett - 2 catches, 22 yards

Kickers and defense - who cares?  I'm tired of looking at boxscores.

My question is, with this group of crud - how did I even make it to week 11?   

:X

Congrats to those moving on from here!

131 Mahomes and Gurley owners and over 100 are going to be out the 31 or so that make it will be tough
I’m one of them, hoping to squeak by but I’m only 4.6 above the cut right now with only Fairbairn left (-12.1), unless Fuller miraculously returns tonight!

I'm 16 over the cutline with Succop -3 left to go so I feel pretty good.  J. Winston (only QB left) and CMC led the way.

Looks like Fairbairn is gonna be the biggest driver of the cut line.  262 people left have Fairbairn.  Lamar Miller next with 115.

Others with more than 50

W Fuller 91 - OUT

C Davis 85

T Taylor 75 - OUT

D Hopkins  61

Titans D  51

R Griffin  51

Texans D 50

The week 12 moment of truth is coming for me.

Currently at 162. Cut currently at 163.9.

I have Titans - 8 (Bucs scoring right now) and Fairbairn -6.2 (Carlson scoring).

If somebody better than I at math can tell how the cut moves y points if Fairbairn scores x points that's dope. Otherwise I'll just be crossing my fingers.

As I suspected, it looks like Derek Carr's 15.7 points will do me in.

If somebody better than I at math can tell how the cut moves y points if Fairbairn scores x points that's dope. Otherwise I'll just be crossing my fingers.
There's not a math-based answer for that.  It depends on whether the teams directly below and above the cut line have Fairbairn or not, and whether or not he's their best scoring kicker. 

For example,

If every team within 3 points of the cut line has another kicker with at least 3 points, then his first 3 points will not move the cut line at all.

If every team within 3 points of the cut line has no other kicker and each of them has Fairbairn, then his first 3 points will move the cut line 3 points.

Too many variables in play to give you a direct answer on this.

There's not a math-based answer for that.  It depends on whether the teams directly below and above the cut line have Fairbairn or not, and whether or not he's their best scoring kicker. 

For example,

If every team within 3 points of the cut line has another kicker with at least 3 points, then his first 3 points will not move the cut line at all.

If every team within 3 points of the cut line has no other kicker and each of them has Fairbairn, then his first 3 points will move the cut line 3 points.

Too many variables in play to give you a direct answer on this.
That was my gut instinct, and why I didn't try further. Just figured worth a shot if someone actually has those variables based on querying the database in a way thats beyond my super-novice programming skills, that they've been doin for their own edification.

Thanks for confirming :(

I'm thinking that it's doubtful Fairbairn alone moves the line too much. So I'm basically going to sit and hope that he gets at least 9 points, and if he gets more I think I will be in the clear. The big issue would be movement from Deshaun/Henry/Hopkins/etc, thought ownership of those is pretty low.

17 teams with Watson and Mahommes, 21 with Mahommes and Mariotta.  Swap out Mahoomes for Goff and you add 3 and 3.  

17 teams with Watson and Mahommes, 21 with Mahommes and Mariotta.  Swap out Mahoomes for Goff and you add 3 and 3.  
But most of those also have a 3rd QB (at least), and most of those already have some type of QB score. If it's Darnold or somebody with minimal points (Dalton), Watson or Mariota will be a big help. If it's Brady, Ben, Luck or somebody else with good numbers they won't matter. For example, This Team has Goff, Mahomes, and Mariota. But, he also has Brady, so Mariota probably isn't going to raise his score much, if at all.

212.3 with Corey Davis and Fairbairn left still. I think this is the highest weekly ranking I've ever had. I'll enjoy it while I can, because it's a quick fall to the bottom

181 + (hopkins-11). i've only made week 13 twice and the finals once in this contest. my team isn't that great but anything can happen in the final 250. fingers crossed. in my only finals trip, i was leading after weeks 1 and 2 of the 3 week aggregate before imploding to 6th or 7th. soclose.

But most of those also have a 3rd QB (at least), and most of those already have some type of QB score. If it's Darnold or somebody with minimal points (Dalton), Watson or Mariota will be a big help. If it's Brady, Ben, Luck or somebody else with good numbers they won't matter. For example, This Team has Goff, Mahomes, and Mariota. But, he also has Brady, so Mariota probably isn't going to raise his score much, if at all.
The first one I cliked on had Dalton, but I get your point.  A team that has dumped that much cash into QB won't be a contender down the stretch anyway.

The first one I cliked on had Dalton, but I get your point.  A team that has dumped that much cash into QB won't be a contender down the stretch anyway.
i fit the description of "too much cash at QB". i totally couldve used that extra money at WR

i fit the description of "too much cash at QB". i totally couldve used that extra money at WR
Two has won more often than not, three will work.  When you get to four, you would have been better off point wise with 2 more Ds and Ks to throw at the dart board.  Things may skew this year with all the cheap QBs generating good numbers.

Entry 100226 Rank: 2250 (Score: 147.35)

Cutoff Rank: 2300 (Score: 146.25)

Wow, now need a good score from Elliot, -5 and feel good about it
Found this.  146.25 was the cut going into Monday night the last time the Titans played.  That was week 9, the final cut line that week was 149.30. That was a cowboys Titans game with a final score of 28-14.

One more point of reference.  Texans played the Cowboys on SNF in week 5, Final was 19-16 in OT.  The cut line moved 4points that night. 

The week 12 moment of truth is coming for me.

Currently at 162. Cut currently at 163.9.

I have Titans - 8 (Bucs scoring right now) and Fairbairn -6.2 (Carlson scoring).

As I suspected, it looks like Derek Carr's 15.7 points will do me in.
That last field goal from fairbairn moved the line a little less than a point.  

Fairbairn could easily get you over with a couple more FG.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at 202 which is close to my highest score of the year.  But I'm a MG owner so my prospects are dim for week 13.  That being said, this is by far the farthest I've ever made it so I've got that going for me.

ETA:  I'm in 202nd spot and have 186 points. I'm on a 4hr plane ride and misread the webpage after several drinks.  Sorry if I misled anyone.

GLLLLLLLL

My daughter needs the same on Dec 14 as she applied EA to your alma mater.  It's a long shot.
Need a FG now. Like 1.3 below cutoff. My dreams are wasting away.

My alma mater is Oklahoma. Only did my grad school at Stanford. Good luck to her! Long shot indeed, unless she's a D1 athlete. I was a GA while there.

Users who are viewing this thread