What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***EPL 2019-20 Fantasy League*** Games start on Friday! (2 Viewers)

I do anticipate a minor glitch with waivers - they are likely to run tomorrow (Thursday), but I don't think that will be a big issue - it will only clear Arsenal, Man City, Sheffield United, and Aston Villa players - but you would not be able to play them this weekend in any event.

Everyone should clear waivers again next Monday - after the Man City v. Burnley match.

One last thing for everyone who checks in - its pretty close to that time of year when we start to put together the league for next season.

I don't think I have seen a schedule for next season - i.e. how close to "on-time" they will be, but if its a quick turn-around, we will want to be prepared to start drafting, possibly while this season is still going on - scheduled to end on July 26.

So, I'd like to get a feel for how many people are planning on returning before we launch a general recruitment pitch.

Gator + Sinn will be back as 1 team.

One last thing for everyone who checks in - its pretty close to that time of year when we start to put together the league for next season.

I don't think I have seen a schedule for next season - i.e. how close to "on-time" they will be, but if its a quick turn-around, we will want to be prepared to start drafting, possibly while this season is still going on - scheduled to end on July 26.

So, I'd like to get a feel for how many people are planning on returning before we launch a general recruitment pitch.

Gator + Sinn will be back as 1 team.
Oh sure, you get an assistant coach.  I may start recruiting an assistant in other soccer threads.  

Just looking ahead to the next game week - GW 32 - the game week runs from this Saturday (June 27) through next Thursday (July 2).

There are no double weeks in here, everyone plays once, its just spread out.

I am not going to adjust waivers - they will still run on Monday.

Near as I can tell:

1.  @The Gator & @Sinn Fein
2. @Bonzai 
3. @TLEF316
4. @drunken slob
5. @Poke_4_Life
6. @cheese

Have committed.

@McBokonon has committed, but I strongly suspect that he will require new ownership...

Waiting to hear from:

Christo is deciding

@Getzlaf15

@Moe.

@Slapdash

@JMon348

Would love to see returns and/or new participants from:

@Bluto Blutarsky

@Eephus

@gianmarco

@Rooney10?

@ThreeThousand

@MrPhoenix?

@FreeBaGeL

@Brady Marino

@B Maverick

@shader

@charvik

@CletiusMaximus

@DJackson10

@encaitar

@Jaysus

@Charlie Steiner

I am sure I am forgetting people who are semi-active in the soccer threads who may be interested - but we are happy to have you.  League has been around for about 7-8 years, generally with 12-14 teams.  Its fairly low key/ low cost ($35).  This year might be the most competitive yet.  We do an online draft in thread, waivers/FA pickups throughout the season.

Near as I can tell:

1.  @The Gator & @Sinn Fein
2. @Bonzai 
3. @TLEF316
4. @drunken slob
5. @Poke_4_Life
6. @cheese

Have committed.

@McBokonon has committed, but I strongly suspect that he will require new ownership...

Waiting to hear from:

Christo is deciding

@Getzlaf15

@Moe.

@Slapdash

@JMon348

Would love to see returns and/or new participants from:

@Bluto Blutarsky

@Eephus

@gianmarco

@Rooney10?

@ThreeThousand

@MrPhoenix?

@FreeBaGeL

@Brady Marino

@B Maverick

@shader

@charvik

@CletiusMaximus

@DJackson10

@encaitar

@Jaysus

@Charlie Steiner

I am sure I am forgetting people who are semi-active in the soccer threads who may be interested - but we are happy to have you.  League has been around for about 7-8 years, generally with 12-14 teams.  Its fairly low key/ low cost ($35).  This year might be the most competitive yet.  We do an online draft in thread, waivers/FA pickups throughout the season.
What's this I'm being asked to volunteer for? Given cost it's a might. I see one of the teams gets an assistant. I'd me more then willing to have in if I could get a person on my team to help and show me the ropes. I had a co manager when I first started doing fantasy baseball 14 yrs ago and worked. After awhile I was left on my own and was pretty competitive. 

TLEF has 8 Ws in a row 😐
Way to jinx me you freaking jerk.

My team has been very bizarre all year. My first 2 picks (Pogba and Eriksen) turned out to be total busts and I lost my goalie (Lloris) for half  the season. Got some great production from the 2 young Chelsea lads early to keep me afloat but they've cooled off.

Martial has carried me and the double dose of Burnley defenders has given me some lucky points. And of course, Bruno Fernandes has been a godsend since he showed up.

1. Gator & Sinn
  2. Bonzai
  3. Tlef
  4. drunken slob
  5. Poke
  6. Cheese
  7. Moe
  8. Jmon
  9. Kumerica
  10. AAABatteries
  11. Ned

Djackson is a maybe - with an assistant manager - @Slapdash ?

Christo is still deciding

I tried to send McBokonon a message on the league site - not sure if it went through.  I will try again later.  I think he has been banned here.

What's this I'm being asked to volunteer for? Given cost it's a might. I see one of the teams gets an assistant. I'd me more then willing to have in if I could get a person on my team to help and show me the ropes. I had a co manager when I first started doing fantasy baseball 14 yrs ago and worked. After awhile I was left on my own and was pretty competitive. 
We've had co-managers before...  but just so you're aware, the one listed above is more of a multiple personality thing than a co-manager.  Some posters that like soccer just can't stay out of the PSF and hence end up using various 'nom de plumes'.

Poke_4_Life said:
We've had co-managers before...  but just so you're aware, the one listed above is more of a multiple personality thing than a co-manager.  Some posters that like soccer just can't stay out of the PSF and hence end up using various 'nom de plumes'.
Hope I don't offend, but, as a courtesy to those of us that don't go to that place, could you PSF personalities please stay out of there during the draft. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease 

The Gator said:
  1. Gator & Sinn
  2. Bonzai
  3. Tlef
  4. drunken slob
  5. Poke
  6. Cheese
  7. Moe
  8. Jmon
  9. Kumerica
  10. AAABatteries
  11. Ned

Djackson is a maybe - with an assistant manager - @Slapdash ?

Christo is still deciding

I tried to send McBokonon a message on the league site - not sure if it went through.  I will try again later.  I think he has been banned here.
Let me see how good my notebook is

@Plorfu

Users who are viewing this thread