What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***EPL 2018-19 Fantasy League*** Draft Done - Waivers run on Wednesday (2 Viewers)

I see both sides. While I tend to be around more and check in on my phone more, I understand that there are those that don't and that's the reason for waivers. A late add like that puts anyone that doesn't check in frequently at a disadvantage. At what point would it have been considered too late to make it fair? 10 minutes before waivers? 30 minutes? 90 minutes? 

I think a couple hours is right about the reasonable time frame.  And he was added to the pool 90 minutes before waivers based on the emails I received.

For me, if Bonzai, who has number 1 priority, says he had every intention of adding him and had been checking and just didn't get in the last 1 1/2 hours, I think he should be able to get him and use that top priority. I don't think he's making it up after the fact. 

I also don't think it's wrong to leave as is and say there's no good way to make it fair for everyone.

In the future, we should probably declare a time frame where late additions can't be added and we'll be reversed during this period.

All I know is I agree with @The Gator and we should aggravate United fans as much as possible.

So what I dont get are people posting right after the deadline that there is an issue.  Why didnt they check right before the deadline?

Why is everyone that has an issue unable to check during the last 90 minutes before the deadline, but is able to check right after the deadline? Is there something locking you out of the site those last 90 minutes?

There is no need to check all day. There is a need to check 15 minutes before the deadline.   Sinn posted that this could happen so we were all warned.   

I didnt break any rules.  Like I said before,  the only time I looked he was there.  

You cant change the rules after the fact.  Anyone could have set their calendar to check 15 minutes before the deadline.  I set my calendar for 60 minutes in every fantasy league I'm in so I dont miss a deadline.  

So what I dont get are people posting right after the deadline that there is an issue.  Why didnt they check right before the deadline?

Why is everyone that has an issue unable to check during the last 90 minutes before the deadline, but is able to check right after the deadline? Is there something locking you out of the site those last 90 minutes?

There is no need to check all day. There is a need to check 15 minutes before the deadline.   Sinn posted that this could happen so we were all warned.   

I didnt break any rules.  Like I said before,  the only time I looked he was there.  

You cant change the rules after the fact.  Anyone could have set their calendar to check 15 minutes before the deadline.  I set my calendar for 60 minutes in every fantasy league I'm in so I dont miss a deadline.  
I was at a work event from 5-8 Central.  I checked on my phone shortly before 630 from the bathroom.  Got out of the event and checked the site at 805 and WW had run.  

I'm over it tho...  I wouldn't have gotten Kepa anyway.  

I will beat you ####ers with Joe ####### Hart.  

I get the frustration.  I don't think this is "way" off - its a quirk, where the only other automated solution created other problems - multiple waiver periods in a given week, where all players could pass through waivers pre-maturely.  So the solution was - new players get placed on waivers.  Waivers run on Wednesday.

He was on the list at least 90 minutes before waivers ran, given that the people who seem to have wanted him the most were in here pretty quickly - I'd say it was something that could be checked prior to 9:00 et.

I am open to hear other suggestions though.
Easy solution is to have newly added players be unavailable for 24 hours.  

Sporting Real Christo United Football Club is happy to announce a rebrand for the upcoming season. They will be known as the Pink Pandas in honor of QPR's new second kit.

This same thing happened when Dave Luey moved back to Chelsea a couple of years ago. I had the #1 priority, checked a couple of hours before waivers and he wasn't there. I went to a Royals game or something like that and when I got home I saw that he had been added before the waiver deadline and somebody else got him. I'm pretty sure I drunkenly posted about it that night. It's always been this way, we shouldn't mess with it now. 

Jmon        Ivan Perisic                Ethan Hamilton    
Jmon        Sergej Milinković-Savić                 Claudio Gomes    
Poke        Jordan Ayew                Nya Kirby    
TLef        Yerry Mina                Axel Tuanzebe  

Drunken -- Lucas Digne        Lucas Digne                Matthew Pennington    replaced in fantrax
Eephus -- Max Meyer        Max Meyer                Jonathan Williams    replaced in fantrax
Gator -- Alfie Mawson        Alfie Mawson                Moritz Jenz    replaced in fantrax
Sinn        Leon Bailey                Charley Musonda    dropped
Sinn           Mateo Kovacic                Oliver Skipp   replaced in fantrax  
ThreeThousand        Gonzalo Higuain       Vincent Janssen   dropped
Tlef        Salomon Rondon                Rolando Aarons    replaced in fantrax
TLef         Yoshinori Muto                Adam Armstrong    replaced in fantrax

Updated list of placeholders.  Both Mina and Ayew have signed and should be added shortly, so I will add those two players to the rosters.  Note that I dropped Bailey, and @ThreeThousand dropped Higuain.

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there an add/drop period after waivers run whereas I can add players (I think i have 2 roster spots open) w/o losing waiver priority?  

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there an add/drop period after waivers run whereas I can add players (I think i have 2 roster spots open) w/o losing waiver priority?  
You can add free agents anytime between the Wednesday night waivers run and the weekend games.

MUFC and LCFC players will lock in a half hour.

You can add free agents anytime between the Wednesday night waivers run and the weekend games.

MUFC and LCFC players will lock in a half hour.
Thank you!  First time playing and I know zilch about the EPL but I'm looking forward to learning.  

Jmon        Ivan Perisic                Ethan Hamilton    dropped
Jmon        Sergej Milinković-Savić            Claudio Gomes    dropped
Poke        Jordan Ayew                Nya Kirby    replaced in fantrax
TLef        Yerry Mina                Axel Tuanzebe  replaced in fantrax
Bonzai    Christian Pulisic     Anthony Georgiou dropped

Drunken -- Lucas Digne        Lucas Digne                Matthew Pennington    replaced in fantrax
Eephus -- Max Meyer        Max Meyer                Jonathan Williams    replaced in fantrax
Gator -- Alfie Mawson        Alfie Mawson                Moritz Jenz    replaced in fantrax
Sinn        Leon Bailey                Charley Musonda    dropped
Sinn           Mateo Kovacic                Oliver Skipp   replaced in fantrax  
ThreeThousand        Gonzalo Higuain       Vincent Janssen   dropped
Tlef        Salomon Rondon                Rolando Aarons    replaced in fantrax
TLef         Yoshinori Muto                Adam Armstrong    replaced in fantrax

Last update on non-league players.  Everyone has either been added to fantrax or dropped.  :thumbup:

I lost because Milner got defender points today.  League is broken I want my money back. 
We lost to the worst team in the league because our best player didn't start and only played 30 min.  Our goalie also gave up a goal in 92nd costing us 8.75 points.

The de Gay bros on our team were just that.

Still have a ways to go, but have to say I really nailed my first 6 picks this year.

1st -- Aguero 5.15 PPG

2nd -- D. Silva 4.34 PPG

3rd -- A. Robertson 5.39 PPG

4th -- Trent Alexander-Arnold 5.03 PPG

5th -- Bernardo Silva 4.42 PPG

6th -- Callum Wilson 4.56 PPG

Still have a ways to go, but have to say I really nailed my first 6 picks this year.

1st -- Aguero 5.15 PPG

2nd -- D. Silva 4.34 PPG

3rd -- A. Robertson 5.39 PPG

4th -- Trent Alexander-Arnold 5.03 PPG

5th -- Bernardo Silva 4.42 PPG

6th -- Callum Wilson 4.56 PPG
And yet you're still in 3rd or 4th place and could still lose today.  (Probably won't.)

Since you guys bumped this - there is a rule change for next year I think we should consider:  Manually running waivers before mid-week weeks.

I think the PL is moving to a winter break, and that might be as soon as next season.  But it sucks with the Wednesday waivers only, when you get into mid-week games.

Since you guys bumped this - there is a rule change for next year I think we should consider:  Manually running waivers before mid-week weeks.

I think the PL is moving to a winter break, and that might be as soon as next season.  But it sucks with the Wednesday waivers only, when you get into mid-week games.
Agree.

Users who are viewing this thread