What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***EPL 2018-19 Fantasy League*** Draft Done - Waivers run on Wednesday (1 Viewer)

@Sinn Fein 

Do i get a waiver add without a drop since I didn't draft anyone in the 17th? Just looking to confirm since I was going to drop whoever I drafted there anyway. 
Yes - anyone with fewer than 17 players on the roster can add players without dropping one - subject to the max player limit of 17.

So if you have 16 players, you can add 1 without dropping anyone else.

Drunken -- Lucas Digne        Lucas Digne                Matthew Pennington    replaced in fantrax
Eephus -- Max Meyer        Max Meyer                Jonathan Williams    replaced in fantrax
Gator -- Alfie Mawson        Alfie Mawson                Moritz Jenz    replaced in fantrax
Jmon        Ivan Perisic                Ethan Hamilton    
Jmon        Sergej Milinković-Savić                 Claudio Gomes    
Poke        Jordan Ayew                Nya Kirby    
Sinn        Leon Bailey                Charley Musonda    
Sinn           Mateo Kovacic                Oliver Skipp   replaced in fantrax  
ThreeThousand        Gonzalo Higuain       Vincent Janssen    
Tlef        Salomon Rondon                Rolando Aarons    replaced in fantrax
TLef         Yoshinori Muto                Adam Armstrong    replaced in fantrax
TLef        Yerry Mina                Axel Tuanzebe  

Updated list of players drafted from outside EPL.  I have replaced everyone who has signed so far.  Remember if you drop the placeholder player, its the same as dropping the player you drafted.

You may keep the player you drafted as long as you would like.  I tried to pick placeholders that are unlikely to play (or be a factor in fantasy), but in the event that a team wants one of the players, we will swap out the placeholder.

Waivers should run tonight at 9:00 pm et - if I recall last season it ran a little late the first couple of weeks, if it has not run by 9:30 et, I will manually process waivers.

Waivers seemed to go off without a hitch.  First come first serve, until a player locks when he game starts.

Anyone signed tomorrow, must pass through waivers next Wednesday.

Good luck gentlemen!

ETA - reminder Man United v. Leicester is on Friday 3:00 pm ET

Last edited by a moderator:
:shrug:

He was signed today, he was added about 7:30 ET - that is when I got the email notice that he and Kovacic were added.  I warned that players are added quickly in and around signing day.

There is a setting that I can put all new players on waivers for a minimum of 24 hours - right now the setting is set to simply putting them on on waivers.

:shrug:

He was signed today, he was added about 7:30 ET - that is when I got the email notice that he and Kovacic were added.  I warned that players are added quickly in and around signing day.

There is a setting that I can put all new players on waivers for a minimum of 24 hours - right now the setting is set to simply putting them on on waivers.
How can I get this same email? Is this a commish only feature?

#### you Sinn, damn Spurs fan homer #####. 

I looked for Kepa an hour before WW ran. He wasn't there. 

I agree with the bull#### vote. 
I looked about 80 minutes before the deadline and he was there and put in for him right when I got home from work.   I messengered my son when I was done inputting him at 5:45 MT.  Waivers run at 7pm MT.

Under "Team"  there is a tab for "My Alerts and Preferences"

Within there - you can set email preferences - in this case: A new player enters the Player Pool

I also get an email when a player is dropped:

A player goes on Waivers

A player enters the Free Agent pool

I looked about 80 minutes before the deadline and he was there and put in for him right when I got home from work.   I messengered my son when I was done inputting him at 5:45 MT.  Waivers run at 7pm MT.
Ugh. We are mincing minutes here. I was looking for Kepa all day. Had a damn @Otistype client meeting tonight at 645 central. 

I drafted Courtois, I had the perfect drop but I do have a life. 

#### you all and @Neds mom. 

I will confess, I assumed that everyone had that set-up.  I probably did it years ago, and it simply carries forward every year.

Ugh. We are mincing minutes here. I was looking for Kepa all day. Had a damn @Otistype client meeting tonight at 645 central. 

I drafted Courtois, I had the perfect drop but I do have a life. 

#### you all and @Neds mom. 
Mincing Minutes is the name of our all gay musical band of our soccer club.

It sucks for @Poke_4_Life  - and I do get the frustration, I thought you would grab him.

But, for better or worse, @Getzlaf15 had a higher waiver priority, and would have gotten him, even if you submitted the claim.  So, I think the transaction stands.

I am remembering the issue with the player on waivers for 24 hours - it creates a new waiver period - waivers would run at the end of the 24-hour period - so we could have multiple waiver periods in a week - and if a player was added on Sunday, and waivers ran 24 hours later on Monday - it ran for all the players - so it was not a viable solution.

Not really sure what having this feature set up has to do with anything.
I got an email when a player is added - I knew that Kepa and Kovacic were added to the database at 7:30 ET - plenty of time to add him as a pick, if I were so inclined.

It sucks for @Poke_4_Life  - and I do get the frustration, I thought you would grab him.

But, for better or worse, @Getzlaf15 had a higher waiver priority, and would have gotten him, even if you submitted the claim.  So, I think the transaction stands.

I am remembering the issue with the player on waivers for 24 hours - it creates a new waiver period - waivers would run at the end of the 24-hour period - so we could have multiple waiver periods in a week - and if a player was added on Sunday, and waivers ran 24 hours later on Monday - it ran for all the players - so it was not a viable solution.
I intentionally didn't set a waiver because when I looked a couple hours ago he wasn't in there and I assumed he would be available next week.  Totally wasted my top waiver priority. 

Drunken -- Lucas Digne        Lucas Digne                Matthew Pennington    replaced in fantrax
Eephus -- Max Meyer        Max Meyer                Jonathan Williams    replaced in fantrax
Gator -- Alfie Mawson        Alfie Mawson                Moritz Jenz    replaced in fantrax
Jmon        Ivan Perisic                Ethan Hamilton    
Jmon        Sergej Milinković-Savić                 Claudio Gomes    
Poke        Jordan Ayew                Nya Kirby    
Sinn        Leon Bailey                Charley Musonda    
Sinn           Mateo Kovacic                Oliver Skipp   replaced in fantrax  
ThreeThousand        Gonzalo Higuain       Vincent Janssen    
Tlef        Salomon Rondon                Rolando Aarons    replaced in fantrax
TLef         Yoshinori Muto                Adam Armstrong    replaced in fantrax
TLef        Yerry Mina                Axel Tuanzebe  

Updated list of players drafted from outside EPL.  I have replaced everyone who has signed so far.  Remember if you drop the placeholder player, its the same as dropping the player you drafted.

You may keep the player you drafted as long as you would like.  I tried to pick placeholders that are unlikely to play (or be a factor in fantasy), but in the event that a team wants one of the players, we will swap out the placeholder.

Waivers should run tonight at 9:00 pm et - if I recall last season it ran a little late the first couple of weeks, if it has not run by 9:30 et, I will manually process waivers.
Its like you guys read nothing I post....

I got an email when a player is added - I knew that Kepa and Kovacic were added to the database at 7:30 ET - plenty of time to add him as a pick, if I were so inclined.
Folks take a day to make a pick but an hour and half is enough time for an added player to count for waivers?  :lol:

Folks take a day to make a pick but an hour and half is enough time for an added player to count for waivers?  :lol:
:shrug:   Waivers run at a specific time.

Honestly, not sure Kepa is worth this much angst... Courtois was 4th last year with 137 points, the two Crystal Palace GK had 124 points.

:shrug:   Waivers run at a specific time.

Honestly, not sure Kepa is worth this much angst... Courtois was 4th last year with 137 points, the two Crystal Palace GK had 124 points.
The point of waivers is to avoid first come, first serve stuff like this. Not going to die on this hill but it's weird that you don't get why I'd think this is way off. 

The point of waivers is to avoid first come, first serve stuff like this. Not going to die on this hill but it's weird that you don't get why I'd think this is way off. 
I get the frustration.  I don't think this is "way" off - its a quirk, where the only other automated solution created other problems - multiple waiver periods in a given week, where all players could pass through waivers pre-maturely.  So the solution was - new players get placed on waivers.  Waivers run on Wednesday.

He was on the list at least 90 minutes before waivers ran, given that the people who seem to have wanted him the most were in here pretty quickly - I'd say it was something that could be checked prior to 9:00 et.

I am open to hear other suggestions though.

Without a hitch
:shrug:   Waivers ran, as far as I know, everyone who submitted a claim, got a player.

Really the only aggrieved party is Bonzai - who would have taken Kepa with the top pick if he had know he was available - nobody else has a viable gripe.

But, I am happy to reverse all the transactions from tonight, and put everyone back on waivers until next Wednesday, if that is what we want to do.  I don't really have a dog in this fight - I did not want Kepa, and did not put in any claims.  So, its no skin off my back.

Users who are viewing this thread