Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Summerpalooza II: Combined FF/Music Draft - Everybody Wants to Rule the League


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I miss this thread. Thanks to @Northern Voice @Mr. Ected and the rest of you lot for giving me a high fun, low stress way to remain a Football Guy in good standing for another season. Althou

Shoutout to everyone in here for being super laid back about the (nonexistent) clock and having this draft basically run by itself with no issues or commisionering necessary. I'm going to open a

1.04: RB Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints College: Tennessee Song: "Tennessee", Arrested Development

1.12 

Player: Baker Mayfield - QB - Cleveland Browns

Song: Skyscraper - Touché Amoré featuring Julien Baker

This is such a beautiful song. It's about Jeremy Bolm of Touché taking his Mom on a dream trip to NYC while she was battling cancer.

 

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

I love the swagger 

Last year, because of sixteen people and superflex, QBs were ranked higher than they are on this year's custom cheat sheet, but fortune favors the bold (hopefully it's not bold like Dodgeball).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Last year, because of sixteen people and superflex, QBs were ranked higher than they are on this year's custom cheat sheet, but fortune favors the bold (hopefully it's not bold like Dodgeball).

Well well, aren't we the dominator

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bonzai said:

Andrew Luck - QB

Primus - Is It Luck?

Not sure if he's going to play.  Just like the player/song combo. Listened to Sean Lennon with Maron on the WTF podcast and been enjoying his recent collaboration with Claypool, so I've had Primus on the brain.

Awesome.

18 minutes ago, simey said:

2.02 - LeVeon Bell RB NYJ

Ace Frehley - New York Groove

I didn't give the song enough love. Luff luff this version. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I just like the pick, frankly. Checking the song now. Ooh. I like it.

She’s one of my favorite current artists, when she puts out a new album, I’m all over it. Oh I almost took Adams with my first pick so this was an easy call.

Edited by Ilov80s
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bonzai said:

Andrew Luck - QB

Primus - Is It Luck?

Not sure if he's going to play.  Just like the player/song combo. Listened to Sean Lennon with Maron on the WTF podcast and been enjoying his recent collaboration with Claypool, so I've had Primus on the brain.

Both of the Claypool - Lennon Delirium records are great. I’d say it’s like the Beatles on acid, but well...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Changed my name over in Land Of Confusion to Baker Street. I think my avatar makes it pretty obvious who my team is, though, so I'll spare you all the updates from hereon out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

OK, got both, so I don't get yelled at by @El Floppo ! ;)

Sticking with RB.

2.06 - RB - Todd Gurley - LA Rams.

Gurley went to U of Georgia, located in Athens, GA; home of R.E.M.

R.E.M. - Radio Song (Unplugged). Love the R.E.M. MTV Unplugged performance.

WRONG!

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2.08 James Conner - RB Pittsburgh Steelers (Pitt)

David Bowie - Heroes

https://youtu.be/xEqSOst1dg8

James Conner was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma during college while he was rehabbing a torn ACL. He beat cancer and the odds by making it to the NFL.

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

2.08 James Conner - RB Pittsburgh Steelers (Pitt)

David Bowie - Heroes

https://youtu.be/xEqSOst1dg8

James Conner was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma during college while he was rehabbing a torn ACL. He beat cancer and the odds by making it to the NFL.

I love the choice and song connection there, he's one of my favorites in the league 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

OK, got both, so I don't get yelled at by @El Floppo ! ;)

Sticking with RB.

2.06 - RB - Todd Gurley - LA Rams.

Gurley went to U of Georgia, located in Athens, GA; home of R.E.M.

R.E.M. - Radio Song (Unplugged). Love the R.E.M. MTV Unplugged performance.

Zeke and Gurley- embracing the volatility. Your team could be a monster. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was all excited to watch Kyler Murray's preseason game against the Raiders and ooooooooooooooooooof.

This might be a long year for Baker Street. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doug B said:

2.09: QB Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

Song: “Imaginary Lover”, Atlanta Rhythm Section

(For the purposes of fantasy football ... I’ll have to imagine that I love this guy :X )

Dear God @SaintsInDome2006might want a word with you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Ected said:

Do we want to put a cap on tonite (maybe have @Mrs. Rannous and @Eephus try and finish the round, maybe do their next two picks each) and then start tomorrow morning?

 

Maybe, tho if Eephus and Mrs R are around, they might just want to get their 2 picks out of the way. I am fine with just letting it run untill it hits a wall tonight. I assume many are headed to bed soon anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:
3 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:

Do we want to put a cap on tonite (maybe have @Mrs. Rannous and @Eephus try and finish the round, maybe do their next two picks each) and then start tomorrow morning?

 

Maybe, tho if Eephus and Mrs R are around, they might just want to get their 2 picks out of the way. I am fine with just letting it run untill it hits a wall tonight. I assume many are headed to bed soon anyway. 

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Figure Eephus would want to get his 3rd rounder in, since he is west coast.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...