What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (12 Viewers)

Lawrence O'Donnell‏, MSNBC host:

The Republican attempts to create “point of order” chaos at beginning of hearing proves Republicans know how successful the 1st hearing was for Democrats. Chaos is their strategy to distract news media.

https://twitter.com/Lawrence/status/1195348903039766530
There is also some history to this sort of thing. Joe McCarthy tried it during the Army- McCarthy hearings. 

Yovanovitch and Kent have both testified that former Ukraine prosecutor general Viktor Shokin, whom Biden pushed to oust, was corrupt. Trump has publicly described Shokin as "tough," and, on the call with Zelensky, "very good" and "very fair."

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 1m1 minute ago

Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad. She started off in Somalia, how did that go? Then fast forward to Ukraine, where the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors.

....They call it “serving at the pleasure of the President.” The U.S. now has a very strong and powerful foreign policy, much different than proceeding administrations. It is called, quite simply, America First! With all of that, however, I have done FAR more for Ukraine than O.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1195356198347956224

Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad. She started off in Somalia, how did that go? Then fast forward to Ukraine, where the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors.

....They call it “serving at the pleasure of the President.” The U.S. now has a very strong and powerful foreign policy, much different than proceeding administrations. It is called, quite simply, America First! With all of that, however, I have done FAR more for Ukraine than O.

hmmm... thought he was not going to watch today...

I thought he wasn't watching.

What is a proceeding administration?  And his foreign policy has never been America first...he has actually acted against Americas best interests in several occasions.  And as usual he cant stop being obsessed and jealous of Obama.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to these diplomats is so impactful - not only from the perspective of laying out what happened, but why this is so bad and how damaging it is to the country. It's really a shame more people aren't watching this and instead getting soundbites and "analysis" from cable news. I feel much more informed on how our diplomacy works by watching this. 

Listening to these diplomats is so impactful - not only from the perspective of laying out what happened, but why this is so bad and how damaging it is to the country. It's really a shame more people aren't watching this and instead getting soundbites and "analysis" from cable news. I feel much more informed on how our diplomacy works by watching this. 
Yeah...the soundbites and claims of who is the star witness and no direct contact...it’s ignoring what is going on...but laying out the whole picture of how bad this was on every level.

Nicholas Fandos Congressional Correspondent

This is important: Yovanovitch quotes what Trump had said about her and describes her reaction. “‘She is going to go through some things’ — it did not sound good. It sounded like a threat.”

This is important testimony.

Pay attention folks.

Maggie Haberman White House Correspondent

Nick, she said this moments after the president attacked her on Twitter.

It also shows that we have some really smart and honorable individuals serving our country only to be undermined by our shameful administration. 

Maggie Haberman White House Correspondent

This line of questioning is a reminder of why the White House released the transcript of the first call, even with the discrepancies from the readout at the time. The July call is problematic for Trump and some Republicans privately acknowledge it.

I'd like to subscribe to a channel that follows every hearing Daniel Goldman is involved with.  Or just anytime he talks.

Amb. Yovanovitch says she was "shocked and devastated" & the color drained from her face as she learned that Trump disparaged her in his call with Zelensky.

She considered Trump's pledge that "she's going to through some things" a "threat."

GOLDMAN on the Trump-Zelensky rough transcript:

"What were you concerned about?"

YOVANOVITCH: "'She's going to go through some things.' It didn't sound good. It sounded like a threat."

GOLDMAN:

"Did you feel threatened?"

YOVANOVITCH: "I did."

I don't believe Taylor's aides story that he overheard Sonland and Trump phone call, no.  Are you really taking seriously that accusation?  My friends Mom's sister overheard him say on a phone call...... :lol: .  Nevermind the fact there is no way you can here full conversation in a crowded cafe.  Come on Saints!!
Bill Taylor and his aides have sterling reputations from careers spent in public service who have faithfully served this country under both parties. Do you really think that people like this would put their reputations at risk over a lie? Is there a single thing in their whole lives spent advancing US interests abroad, often sacrificing personal and professional gain, that you can point to that would suggest that this is even remotely possible?

I just can't understand this line of thinking. At all.

A big question I have as I watch these hearings: Will the accumulation of public accounts put pressure on other witnesses who have been unwilling to cooperate to reverse course. I am thinking most of John Bolton, Trump’s former national security adviser.

Goldman has now put up a Trump tweet from March that shares an article about Yovanovitch. He is directly implicating Trump in the smear campaign against her at the time.

Previously, Democrats have described this smear campaign against her as the work of Giuliani and others in Ukraine that ultimately influenced the president. Now we see how the president was involved in amplifying it.

GOLDMAN:

"Was the allegation that you were badmouthing President Trump true?"

YOVANOVITCH: "No."

GOLDMAN:

"Was the allegation that you had created a 'do not prosecute' list to give to the prosecutor general in Ukraine true?"

YOVANOVITCH:

"No."

So awesome of Schiff to read that tweet. This President needs to be publicly shamed. 
I'd bet that the President, who definitely isn't watching today, won't be able to stop himself for tweeting about Schiff reading his tweet in the hearing today.

I don't believe Taylor's aides story that he overheard Sonland and Trump phone call, no.  Are you really taking seriously that accusation?  My friends Mom's sister overheard him say on a phone call...... :lol: .  Nevermind the fact there is no way you can here full conversation in a crowded cafe.  Come on Saints!!
Can you please provide a link to support your insinuation that the cafe was crowded, or that there was a "full" conversation? Thanks.

So awesome of Schiff to read that tweet. This President needs to be publicly shamed. 
Exactly.

And I never thought I would live to see the day where the POTUS, in real time, attacks and tries to intimidate a witness testifying before a Congressional hearing. 

Wow. I’m watching Fox News (don’t ask why but I wanted to see how they are reacting) and Bret Bair (sp?) pointed out that Schiff just added a new impeachment article and that Trumps tweet just turned her into a sympathetic witness and the GOP will need to clean this up. 

Schiff is moving the committee into recess. The reason: the House is about to hold votes over in the Capitol and lawmakers have to go cast their votes. But this tremendously benefits Democrats. This break could hast 30 or 40 minutes, meaning Republicans will only get to ask questions after 11 a.m. when much of the viewing audience will likely drop off.

Republicans are likely to be furious.

It is not uncommon for congressional hearings to be interrupted by votes like this, but rarely are hearings such high-stakes exercises.

For a half hour now, television news will all be talking without competition about Democrats’ questioning, Trump’s attacks on Yovanovitch and her powerful testimony.

As for us, we will take a brief break ourselves and be back when the committee gavels back into session.

Schiff is moving the committee into recess. The reason: the House is about to hold votes over in the Capitol and lawmakers have to go cast their votes. But this tremendously benefits Democrats. This break could hast 30 or 40 minutes, meaning Republicans will only get to ask questions after 11 a.m. when much of the viewing audience will likely drop off.

Republicans are likely to be furious.

It is not uncommon for congressional hearings to be interrupted by votes like this, but rarely are hearings such high-stakes exercises.

For a half hour now, television news will all be talking without competition about Democrats’ questioning, Trump’s attacks on Yovanovitch and her powerful testimony.

As for us, we will take a brief break ourselves and be back when the committee gavels back into session.
Those do nothing...oh wait , they aren't actually shirking their duties for this at all. But still doing their jobs all around.

Amb. Michael McFaul just now on MSNBC:

"For [Trump] to go after her while she is testifying —and let's just be clear, completely crazy stuff ... When she was in Ukraine, things got better in Ukraine. And she was fighting corruption effectively ... I'm deeply disappointing in the president." 

So it sounds like Trump just added another impeachment charge to the list. I've been avoiding this metaphor, but I think he's officially digging his own proverbial grave. Literally all he has to do is say nothing at all, and he can't even do that.

Users who are viewing this thread