What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Rep Jackie Speier from House Intel went on MSNBC and said the whistleblower complaint is “nothing short of explosive,” saying it is “so much more” than the released summary of the conversation. “I was stunned.”

The official DOJ position used to be that a sitting President cannot be indicted. That's apparently changed: now it's that a sitting President cannot be investigated. An obvious implication is that a sitting President cannot be impeached.
He should be getting Pharoah status any day now. 

Rep Jackie Speier from House Intel went on MSNBC and said the whistleblower complaint is “nothing short of explosive,” saying it is “so much more” than the released summary of the conversation. “I was stunned.”
She also identified the whistleblower as him.

She also identified the whistleblower as him.
My understanding (from some article I read in the last few hours that I have no hope of finding, so grain of salt) is that the documents Schiff, Pelosi, etc. were allowed to view tonight do not identify the whistleblower.

Apologies if this was pointed out in this thread or the whistleblower thread earlier. 

The funniest possible outcome in this in this whole mess: Pence gets caught up in the inquiry thanks to Trump’s “you should hear his phone calls to Ukraine”.  

How many heads would explode watching President Pelosi take over.  Unless there is a different line of succession for impeachment. 

timschochet said:
Big decision by Pelosi. She has instructed the Democrats to table Mueller, and focus solely on Ukraine. Move very quickly and draw up Articles of Impeachment on Ukraine only. 

I think this is the right decision. But some people won’t like it. 
I think it’s a bad decision.  She should go beyond Mueller. 

Geoff Bennett‏Verified account @GeoffRBennett 14m14 minutes ago

NEWS: Sources familiar tell me the whistleblower complaint has been declassified with minimal redactions but not yet released to the public. The expectation is that it will be released in the morning.
As bad as today was for Trump, I think tomorrow's going to be infinitely worse.

Got this from reddit:

Let's remember the timeline here.
 • July 25 - Ukraine phonecall
 • July 28 - Dan Coats resigns because he feels his duties are at odds with Trump.
 • July 28 - Trump announces Ratcliffe as his pick.
 • Aug. 2 - Ratcliffe denounces his pick less than a week later amidst criticisms of partisan loyalty and resume padding.
 • Aug. 8 - Trump picks Maguire.
 • Aug. 8 - Dan Coats interrupts a meeting to urge his deputy, Sue Gordon to resign. She announces her resignation.
 • Aug. 12 - Whistleblower complaint is filed.
 • Aug. 15 - Coats and Gordon depart (both are Trump admin nominees).
 • Aug. 26 - Intelligence IG forwards complaint to the acting DNI.
 • Aug. 28 - First reporting that Ukraine military aid is being withheld.
 • Sep. 2 - Deadline passes for complaint submission.
 • Sep. 9 - Intel IG notifies House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff of an "urgent concern" that DNI has overruled.
 • Sep. 10 - Schiff demands DNI submit complaint.
 • Sep. 12 - Trump finally releases Ukraine military aid.
 • Sep. 13 - Schiff subpoenas Maguire.
 • Sep. 17 - Maguire refuses to testify - suspicions of WH/DOJ stonewalling.
 • Sep. 18 - Media revelations of the "promise" made to foreign nation.
 • Sep. 19 - Media revelations that Ukraine is involved.
 • Sep. 19 - The Intelligence inspector general gives a classified briefing to the House Intelligence Committee.
 • Sep. 20 - It's reported that Trump pressed Zelensky to investigate Biden's son during a call on July 25.
 • Sep. 22 - Trump acknowledges that he discussed Joe Biden in a July call with Zelensky.
 • Sep. 24 - Pelosi announces impeachment inquiry.
 • Maguire had sent a letter to the whistleblower's legal team noting that the executive is preventing his submission of the complaint, but reassures the whistleblower that they have followed procedure and they will be protected.
 • Sep. 25 - Officials report that Maguire threatened to resign if pressured to stonewall Congress by the WH.
 • Sep. 25 - Whistleblower complaint to be sent to Congress at 4 PM E.T.
 • Sep. 26 (tomorrow) - Maguire scheduled to testify.

He is.  This is not really a come-to-jesus moment for the GOP - not yet anyway.
This doesn’t happen immediately. But once the dominoes start to fall—and that’s happening—is when the real show gets interesting. 

Lindsay Graham’s about-face on this will be high comedy. 

mcintyre1 said:
My understanding (from some article I read in the last few hours that I have no hope of finding, so grain of salt) is that the documents Schiff, Pelosi, etc. were allowed to view tonight do not identify the whistleblower.
Nobody knows who the whistleblower is, other than the IG who has kept it that way. For now. 

Got this from reddit:

Let's remember the timeline here.
 • July 25 - Ukraine phonecall
 • July 28 - Dan Coats resigns because he feels his duties are at odds with Trump.
 • July 28 - Trump announces Ratcliffe as his pick.
 • Aug. 2 - Ratcliffe denounces his pick less than a week later amidst criticisms of partisan loyalty and resume padding.
 • Aug. 8 - Trump picks Maguire.
 • Aug. 8 - Dan Coats interrupts a meeting to urge his deputy, Sue Gordon to resign. She announces her resignation.
 • Aug. 12 - Whistleblower complaint is filed.
 • Aug. 15 - Coats and Gordon depart (both are Trump admin nominees).
 • Aug. 26 - Intelligence IG forwards complaint to the acting DNI.
 • Aug. 28 - First reporting that Ukraine military aid is being withheld.
 • Sep. 2 - Deadline passes for complaint submission.
 • Sep. 9 - Intel IG notifies House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff of an "urgent concern" that DNI has overruled.
 • Sep. 10 - Schiff demands DNI submit complaint.
 • Sep. 12 - Trump finally releases Ukraine military aid.
 • Sep. 13 - Schiff subpoenas Maguire.
 • Sep. 17 - Maguire refuses to testify - suspicions of WH/DOJ stonewalling.
 • Sep. 18 - Media revelations of the "promise" made to foreign nation.
 • Sep. 19 - Media revelations that Ukraine is involved.
 • Sep. 19 - The Intelligence inspector general gives a classified briefing to the House Intelligence Committee.
 • Sep. 20 - It's reported that Trump pressed Zelensky to investigate Biden's son during a call on July 25.
 • Sep. 22 - Trump acknowledges that he discussed Joe Biden in a July call with Zelensky.
 • Sep. 24 - Pelosi announces impeachment inquiry.
 • Maguire had sent a letter to the whistleblower's legal team noting that the executive is preventing his submission of the complaint, but reassures the whistleblower that they have followed procedure and they will be protected.
 • Sep. 25 - Officials report that Maguire threatened to resign if pressured to stonewall Congress by the WH.
 • Sep. 25 - Whistleblower complaint to be sent to Congress at 4 PM E.T.
 • Sep. 26 (tomorrow) - Maguire scheduled to testify.
They got it from @bostonfred

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it’s a bad decision.  She should go beyond Mueller. 
Sounds like a good decision — this is the real show, and she doesn’t want to dilute the strength of it as the centerpiece of the process, and doesn’t want to overly complicate what they already have to do. Focused is the right approach here. Yet, I imagine there is a way to include as “background” to all this the transgressions over time leading up to this, without making those the real subject of the impeachment inquiry. 

Sounds like a good decision — this is the real show, and she doesn’t want to dilute the strength of it as the centerpiece of the process, and doesn’t want to overly complicate what they already have to do. Focused is the right approach here. Yet, I imagine there is a way to include as “background” to all this the transgressions over time leading up to this, without making those the real subject of the impeachment inquiry. 
If the IG report is what I think it is, this current stuff will be a slam dunk. I think a nice long history of his presidency until now would be a decent intro, but don't #### up the layup

Jim Acosta @Acosta

Lawmaker who has read complaint says scope of Trump’s effort to put pressure on Zelensky is larger than expected with multiple aides involved. Expect calls for more than just whistleblower to testify, lawmaker said.

10:56 PM · Sep 25, 2019

If the IG report is what I think it is, this current stuff will be a slam dunk. I think a nice long history of his presidency until now would be a decent intro, but don't #### up the layup
Yup. She ain’t wrong in this strategy. 

Jim Acosta @Acosta

Lawmaker who has read complaint says scope of Trump’s effort to put pressure on Zelensky is larger than expected with multiple aides involved. Expect calls for more than just whistleblower to testify, lawmaker said.

10:56 PM · Sep 25, 2019
this is all fine and well, but my big question is: how do the democrats maintain the momentum they've generated this week after the full complaint settles in and the news cycles moves on? we are going to need more bombshell leaks or defections

You've chosen to ignore content by tonydead. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Rove!. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Don't Noonan. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Don't Noonan. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Kal El. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by ren hoek. Options 

Last edited by a moderator:
this is all fine and well, but my big question is: how do the democrats maintain the momentum they've generated this week after the full complaint settles in and the news cycles moves on? we are going to need more bombshell leaks or defections
i don't think they will be needed after tomorrow.

But as long as Trump can find a microphone, I'm sure we'll have fodder for the length of the investigation

Capella said:
Man I was totally wrong about what I wrote last night. Can’t believe Trump released that. 
It really is remarkable.  you had me for 5 minutes on the Admiral Ackbar thing.  How in the world did the White House think releasing that helped him?

I'm sure the moderators will be okay with you calling a bunch of us crazy.  Nothing to worry about.  You won't see this anyways.

i don't think they will be needed after tomorrow.

But as long as Trump can find a microphone, I'm sure we'll have fodder for the length of the investigation
trump is going to go bonkers trying to regain the initiative here. would not be surprised if some type of wag the dog situation arose. 

Users who are viewing this thread