What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Everyone knew you would complain about something, no one is surprised by that or the result of the joke of an impeachment. Everyone knew the outcome day 1 and no one buys attempts like yours to create outrage over it....sorry. 
I am included in the group that knew the outcome from day one. But I'm not included in the group that thinks it''s best to cover up the facts. Trump will get cleared solely because the Republicans have the majority in the senate. And every one of them is petrified of his base. No one is "outraged" that he's not getting removed from office. Because no one ever thought he would be. Sorry

It was partisan theater from day 1 and only made it that far because of that, you aren’t fooling anyone with that mess. 
This follow up question is for you or any Trump supporter.

I've seen lots of people describe the impeachment as a partisan sham. You hint at that with your response. 

Does that mean you do not believe that Trump withheld aid to get the Ukranians to help his personal political campaign? You think he did it but its ok for Presidents to do that? Or you think its not ok but just don't care?

This follow up question is for you or any Trump supporter.

I've seen lots of people describe the impeachment as a partisan sham. You hint at that with your response. 

Does that mean you do not believe that Trump withheld aid to get the Ukranians to help his personal political campaign? You think he did it but its ok for Presidents to do that? Or you think its not ok but just don't care?
It means I think posters like you jump on any conspiracy you didn’t care about a week before and run with it endlessly if it’s anti Trump even when it’s clearly unproven then act completely outraged when your unproven conspiracy falls flat as expected. It’s tired and I don’t think anyone in the real world buys this behavior. 

It means I think posters like you jump on any conspiracy you didn’t care about a week before and run with it endlessly if it’s anti Trump even when it’s clearly unproven then act completely outraged when your unproven conspiracy falls flat as expected. It’s tired and I don’t think anyone in the real world buys this behavior. 
I couldn’t help notice you didn’t answer his question.  could you?

You could have just said 'I do not think he did it.' All evidence says you're wrong, but the only facts that matter in 2020 are the ones that are convenient for my preconceived bias. 

I couldn’t help notice you didn’t answer his question.  could you?
Honestly I don’t think it’s worth the time when it seems those arguing their theory attempting to claim some moral high ground have a track record of always taking one side and if the tables were turned wouldn’t take the same position. It’s the same characters, same type of conspiracy, same lame insults if you don’t buy in, and same lack of results because it isn’t proven. Hard pass, but enjoy. 

Honestly I don’t think it’s worth the time when it seems those arguing their theory attempting to claim some moral high ground have a track record of always taking one side and if the tables were turned wouldn’t take the same position. It’s the same characters, same type of conspiracy, same lame insults if you don’t buy in, and same lack of results because it isn’t proven. Hard pass, but enjoy. 
answering the question isn't worth the time but your incoherent rant is?  interesting

The vote on acquittal doesn’t end the process. Nadler reportedly just said House Judicial committee will likely subpoena Bolton and continue the investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nixon won a landslide victory in 1972, despite the Watergate break-in having hit the Washington Post pages. But then, things kept coming out.

It's hard to play the "Democrats are just out to get us" card when you keep doing partisan and illegal things, Mr. President. Clean up your act a little bit. Even your supporters don't believe you're clean; they're just ok with you being dirty because being dirty is better than being under Democratic rule.

Even Senate Republicans now admit he did it, they just claim they don't think it's a good enough reason to remove him from office.

Wow. For someone with so much to say when criticizing others, you sure did pull up weak when asked to actually give your views on the subject.  Maybe you shouldn't be in the impeachment thread if you don't have an opinion on the matter but want to criticize those who do. 

I just heard Susan Collins speak for the first time.  Wow.  Aside from the silly “he’s learned his lesson” opinion, how does someone who speaks like her win an election?  Worse than the NPR All Things Considered host; at least they have interesting things to say

At least the Dems under Clinton said:  "yeah, he lied under oath, but I understand why he lied, and didn't endanger the country, and it's not an offense that should be impeachable or removable."

They didn't say "I'm not talking about it because the Republicans are so mean!" 

Wow. For someone with so much to say when criticizing others, you sure did pull up weak when asked to actually give your views on the subject.  Maybe you shouldn't be in the impeachment thread if you don't have an opinion on the matter but want to criticize those who do. 
Hey sounds good, I’ll leave it to you all to complain about another conspiracy that got away from you and didn’t pan out. Let me know when you notice the trend.  :popcorn:

So upholding the US Constitution is now "some moral high ground".  Got it.

you know, not everyone is a partisan hack.  There are people amongst us who feel Clinton should have been removed from office. 

That being said, there clearly are partisan hacks amongst us who will refuse to consider evidence and defend, defend, defend at all costs when republicans are in the spotlight but attack, attack, attack any and all democrats.

That's too bad. I really did want to know what the general pro-Trump thought is on why the impeachment is a sham.

I forget exactly who it was but there was a pro-Trump person a couple of weeks ago who helped me understand the reason for disclosing the whistleblower's name. I still totally disagreed with it, but at least I understood - for the first time - what the theory was.

Sheriff Bart said:
The WB is supposed to be protected by law which is why I asked. You're correct though after doing some reading it isn't prosecutable.  I wouldn't say it's "absurd" though.  Do you it would be "absurd" if saw a drug kingpin murder people and you called the police to report it, it would be "absurd" to protect your identity from the murderer? 
Protected from retaliation, not from having their name uttered.

if you accuse somebody of a crime, you have to be prepared to testify under oath and the defense has the right to cross examine you.  The accused have a fundamental right to face their accuser.

It speaks volumes as to why the GOP fought tooth and nail to not allow the American people to hear witnesses.
The people were allowed to hear 17 out of 18 “prosecution” witnesses and 0 defense witnesses and the Ds fought tooth and nail to prevent any defense witness from being heard and Even limited cross examination.  

whoknew said:
NEW: Susan Collins told @NorahODonnell she believes the president has learned a "pretty big lesson" from impeachment and will be "much more cautious" about seeking foreign assistance in the future.

:lmao:
I don't think anybody could have seen this coming.

President Trump reportedly dismissed Republican Sen. Susan Collins's (Maine) suggestion that he had learned a lesson from impeachment just a day before his expected acquittal. 

Asked about Collins's comment during a private lunch with news anchors ahead of the State of the Union address on Tuesday, Trump said that he'd done nothing wrong, The Washington Post reported, citing people familiar with the meeting. 

“It was a perfect call," Trump added, an apparent reference to his July 25 conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in which he pushed the leader to announce investigations into his political opponents. Trump and his allies have repeatedly argued that his conversations with Zelensky were "perfect."

if you accuse somebody of a crime, you have to be prepared to testify under oath and the defense has the right to cross examine you.  The accused have a fundamental right to face their accuser.
It would be a lot easier to protect the person from retaliation if their name isn't out there.  Also, the person doesn't always have to testify.  Often times they can gather enough evidence without eye witness testimony.  Plus, most lawyers prefer to NOT have eye witness testimony.

MT also posted in the Schiff thread that Trump is compiling an enemies list which is scary as hell.

President Trump reportedly dismissed Republican Sen. Susan Collins's (Maine) suggestion that he had learned a lesson from impeachment just a day before his expected acquittal. 

Asked about Collins's comment during a private lunch with news anchors ahead of the State of the Union address on Tuesday, Trump said that he'd done nothing wrong, The Washington Post reported, citing people familiar with the meeting. 

“It was a perfect call," Trump added, an apparent reference to his July 25 conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in which he pushed the leader to announce investigations into his political opponents. Trump and his allies have repeatedly argued that his conversations with Zelensky were "perfect."
Yeah, wow. :mellow:

For about the millionth time...the whistleblower is not the accuser.  The accusers testified under oath.

The word announcement never even came up in the call....another media lie

The word announcement never even came up in the call....another media lie
It's not a lie, it's just incomplete reporting. We know from multiple sources that Trump was pushing for an announcement (Sondland, Zelensky's staff, Fareed Zakaria). The Hill's article skipped all that background stuff as an easy way to save time & words.

Romney -

“An appalling abuse of public trust”

“A flagrant assault” on our elections

“Perhaps the most abusive and destructive violation of ones oath of office that I can imagine."

--

Just a matter of time now before Trump and his fans conduct an all out assault on him.

This whole debate is silly, but as long as we're picking nits, it was also bipartisan to impeach. The fact that Justin Amash was forced out of the party because he supported impeachment does not change that fact.
I've thought I was taking actual crazy pills that this argument flew so easily.

if you accuse somebody of a crime, you have to be prepared to testify under oath and the defense has the right to cross examine you.
Would you like to hear from Micheal Atkinson, Trump's ICIG who pushed it up the ladder after he investigated the claims and found them to be "credible and urgent"?

Hey sounds good, I’ll leave it to you all to complain about another conspiracy that got away from you and didn’t pan out. Let me know when you notice the trend.  :popcorn:
Says the guys afraid to give an opinion on what Trump did with Ukraine/Biden. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread