What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (9 Viewers)

You can only be convicted if you're a Republican.  Republicans believe voting to convict is unconstitutional.

It's a precedent now.  Kind of like, "no SC Justice can be confirmed in the final year of a President's term."
Just a few key details deliberately left out there...

You are telling me that you don’t believe it is a worthwhile discussion for Congress to have - a president spreading disinformation to subvert which culminated in a riot at the Capitol the day the new president is to be certified?
Discussion was had and found to be wanting for the 2nd time.  :shrug:

We know Clinton had an illegal server too and we turned a blind eye to her ignorance excuse.  But sides, right?
We can talk about the Clinton sever stuff in that thread if you want. I do see a few differences right of the bat but she def should not have had the server, very dumb on her part. 

Do you think Trump is guilty here? 

That video the defense showed on Friday of angry liberals? It was like 95% black people and 5% Hillary. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, I am unaware of the laws Hillary broke.  That's not a defense of her, rather an indictment on how inept our government is when it comes to technology.  Was it against the law to have a server like that?  Genuine question....if we covered this in the Hillary thread, I apologize, I don't remember.

Sadly, I am unaware of the laws Hillary broke.  
Hillary definitely broke the law and was dumb. She was warned not to use a private email server or nonsecure cellphone but she did it anyway because she was lazy and an old grandma who can't figure stuff out.

Trump, ITrump and Kushner of course did exactly the same thing, and were equally lazy.

If they were normal people, they would have their clearance revoked and be fired. But they're not normal people.

When Obama was on the Bear Grylls show, they showed he didn't even know how to take a selfie because he didn't use a smartphone after becoming president. This is the level we should expect. But most politicians (both sides) would rather be lazy than protect our security.

Sadly, I am unaware of the laws Hillary broke.  That's not a defense of her, rather an indictment on how inept our government is when it comes to technology.  Was it against the law to have a server like that?  Genuine question....if we covered this in the Hillary thread, I apologize, I don't remember.
She received classified government documents on an e-mail server using a "self signed" certificate.  Do you know how bad it is to use a self signed certificate on a server exposed to the Internet?  So, yes, she broke numerous laws that would have resulted in prison time but for partisan intervention.

She received classified government documents on an e-mail server using a "self signed" certificate.  Do you know how bad it is to use a self signed certificate on a server exposed to the Internet?  So, yes, she broke numerous laws that would have resulted in prison time but for partisan intervention.
Yes...I do authentication and authorization for living...almost 20 years now.  I am fully aware of how bad the practice is (though what you list here is not the worst part) and fully aware this kind of thing has gone on and continues to go on in DC.  Our leaders are woefully inept on this subject.  I views on this event are thoroughly documented in the Hillary thread.  That said, I am unaware of a law broken so if you could give that to me, I'd appreciate it....TIA.

Hillary definitely broke the law and was dumb. She was warned not to use a private email server or nonsecure cellphone but she did it anyway because she was lazy and an old grandma who can't figure stuff out.

Trump, ITrump and Kushner of course did exactly the same thing, and were equally lazy.

If they were normal people, they would have their clearance revoked and be fired. But they're not normal people.

When Obama was on the Bear Grylls show, they showed he didn't even know how to take a selfie because he didn't use a smartphone after becoming president. This is the level we should expect. But most politicians (both sides) would rather be lazy than protect our security.
Ok...great....what law?

Yes...I do authentication and authorization for living...almost 20 years now.  I am fully aware of how bad the practice is and fully aware this kind of thing has gone on and continues to go on in DC.  Our leaders are woefully inept on this subject.  I views on this event are thoroughly documented in the Hillary thread.  That said, I am unaware of a law broken so if you could give that to me, I'd appreciate it....TIA.
I’m not aware of any either. However, to be fair to the question of impeachment, an impeachable offense need not be an actual unlawful crime. 

For example, one of the charges against Trump was that he did nothing to stop the rioting, thus the term “dereliction of duty” was mentioned. I believe that’s a military term and a military person could be subject to a court-martial. But I don’t believe a private citizen can be legally punished for such a charge.  

For example, one of the charges against Trump was that he did nothing to stop the rioting, thus the term “dereliction of duty” was mentioned. I believe that’s a military term and a military person could be subject to a court-martial. But I don’t believe a private citizen can be legally punished for such a charge.  
Yes, "dereliction of duty" is a military term. But there are similar laws on the books for civilians (e.g., Good Samaritan Laws), not to mention the common law concept of "Duty to rescue".

At any rate, impeachment isn't about citing a specific law, military or civilian. Never has.

Yes, "dereliction of duty" is a military term. But there are similar laws on the books for civilians (e.g., Good Samaritan Laws), not to mention the common law concept of "Duty to rescue".

At any rate, impeachment isn't about citing a specific law, military or civilian. Never has.
There is no common law duty to rescue. In fact, it's quite the opposite. That's one of the first things you learn in tort law and it infuriates people.

Well we know he did this. Just semantics and to what degree he (and future individuals) should be punished.
What exactly is he guilty of, using the word 'fight'?  You want to criminalize that?  It us riduculous really thst the Dems hang their hat on a word they use routinely as does every American. 

I’m not aware of any either. However, to be fair to the question of impeachment, an impeachable offense need not be an actual unlawful crime. 
I think we have made the bar for impeachment so low that we can expect weekly impeachment trials when the Republicans gain control of the House ans Senate during the midterms. 

I think we have made the bar for impeachment so low that we can expect weekly impeachment trials when the Republicans gain control of the House ans Senate during the midterms. 
Sending a mob of folks into hang your own VP is pretty high bar, and that’s not enough. 

But then of course Mitch hints after he votes no only because he doesn’t any longer have have jurisdiction for a trial he delayed that maybe Don could be legally responsible :lol:

That was a nice touch :slowclap:

Still won't matter. You need 67 Senators to convict. No way they win that many Senate seats. So if the Republicans want to waste all that time and money for not guilty results, go for it.

Still won't matter. You need 67 Senators to convict. No way they win that many Senate seats. So if the Republicans want to waste all that time and money for not guilty results, go for it.
The question will be how many seats do the Democrats lose. 

I posted pages ago that I thought Trump’s acquittal would be bad for the GOP, equating it to not ripping off a band aid. Mitch had the chance and didn’t take it. Simple facts suffice: the Republican’s have steadily been losing voters (as a percentage) since 2016, culminating in losing the WH and the Senate. The events of 1/6 will not improve those numbers, only damage them and not by a little. The GOP missed their chance for a reset button and have committed  to this tack for four more years.

Do you believe the election was stolen? I’m not sure you have made that claim, hard to keep who says what straight. I don’t understand how someone can reconcile the president pushing that narrative for two months, never conceding, organizing and speaking at a protest down the street from congress, which leads to a mob descending on the Capitol to “stop the steal” when there was no real evidence. Couple that with the fact that he was pushing election fraud narratives months before that and wouldn’t commit to a peaceful transfer of power- I just don’t see how you can argue about one word in the one speech he gave that one day and that democrats just have an axe to grind, unless you think it was all true and justified. 
Even with all these people watching closely because they had been told that there were “problems with the ballots” or because of “fraudulent mail in votes,” somehow democrats managed several million more votes without any real evidence of any widespread conspiracy. Even though he said this stuff back in March there was nothing done to try to secure or make mail voting more reliable. Trump and other republicans called a Secretary of State and asked to “find votes” after he said the votes were recounted 3 times.

Shortly after the election we quit hearing about mail in votes, and instead heard about software that changes votes, and now we don’t hear anything about any of it. No additional information or proof has come out. The networks who pushed false claims about software have recanted those statements due to a lawsuit from said software company- they aren’t defending their “journalism.” They are instead complaining about being “cancelled.” Basically they are complaining that some companies won’t let them peddle their false claims with impunity. 

More facts are coming out, and none of them are about election fraud. Instead, we have more news about Rudy and his Ukraine shenanigans, roger stone hanging out with militia members, and private companies taking the people promoting these lies to court. Republicans who said they’d acquit before the trial are the same ones threatening to impeach democrats, without mentioning any perceived wrongdoing, just threatening to impeach. 

Yep, it’s been tuned into a complete joke the last 4 years. 

Yep, it’s been tuned into a complete joke the last 4 years. 
It was turned into a joke by "sides" and one choosing what it would do and how it would vote before ever even hearing the case.

IMO, any POTUS would have had articles of impeachment brought for the actions Trump took (some likely would have had a few added to both of them).  The joke this time became you have senators bound by the vote that it was the proper jurisdiction...voting to acquit based on saying it wasn't their place to do so.  Just flat out cop outs and its hard to argue that any other way for people like Mitch and a few others.

You have made your views on speech known.  You favored such things as McCain Feingold, hate speech laws, support FB and Twitter deplatforming people.  You despise alternative media sources which you view as unreliable.  You have always advocated an elitist view of speech where you value credentials over content.  
Content??  You mean like spending 3 months insinuating fraud that never happened, including crap about Dominion software that would make the National Enquirer blush, then immediately coming on air and walking it back when Dominion says they are gonna sue your ###??

Is the the kind of content you value??

The question will be how many seats do the Democrats lose. 
They may not lose any. What if everything is going great in this country.  Covid-19 is under control, the economy is back and rolling along. The Republicans pitch is going to be what? Give us the house and Senate because we need to impeach Democrats weekly because they impeached Trump. Good luck with that.

Do you believe the election was stolen? I’m not sure you have made that claim, hard to keep who says what straight. I don’t understand how someone can reconcile the president pushing that narrative for two months, never conceding, organizing and speaking at a protest down the street from congress, which leads to a mob descending on the Capitol to “stop the steal” when there was no real evidence. Couple that with the fact that he was pushing election fraud narratives months before that and wouldn’t commit to a peaceful transfer of power- I just don’t see how you can argue about one word in the one speech he gave that one day and that democrats just have an axe to grind, unless you think it was all true and justified. 
Even with all these people watching closely because they had been told that there were “problems with the ballots” or because of “fraudulent mail in votes,” somehow democrats managed several million more votes without any real evidence of any widespread conspiracy. Even though he said this stuff back in March there was nothing done to try to secure or make mail voting more reliable. Trump and other republicans called a Secretary of State and asked to “find votes” after he said the votes were recounted 3 times.

Shortly after the election we quit hearing about mail in votes, and instead heard about software that changes votes, and now we don’t hear anything about any of it. No additional information or proof has come out. The networks who pushed false claims about software have recanted those statements due to a lawsuit from said software company- they aren’t defending their “journalism.” They are instead complaining about being “cancelled.” Basically they are complaining that some companies won’t let them peddle their false claims with impunity. 

More facts are coming out, and none of them are about election fraud. Instead, we have more news about Rudy and his Ukraine shenanigans, roger stone hanging out with militia members, and private companies taking the people promoting these lies to court. Republicans who said they’d acquit before the trial are the same ones threatening to impeach democrats, without mentioning any perceived wrongdoing, just threatening to impeach. 
No the election was not stolened.  But for the last 20 years i have listened to Democrats complain and moan about Bush and Trump being illegitimate/not my president/stolen elections....to now make an impeachment case over complaining about a stolen election is laughable.  Seriously laughable.

They may not lose any. What if everything is going great in this country.  Covid-19 is under control, the economy is back and rolling along. The Republicans pitch is going to be what? Give us the house and Senate because we need to impeach Democrats weekly because they impeached Trump. Good luck with that.
Covid will be forgotten about.  Biden's assault on the carbon industry is going to not only put the US in bad shape for energy independance, but it is going to put millions of people out of work and drive the costs of energy up.  If most of the so-called green jobs that get created mostly end up being in China, our economy will not be booming.  The Democrats look to be over-reaching as they always do, and will repeat history and lose a substainal number of seats and control of at least of of the chambers.  

Users who are viewing this thread