What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Zack Moss, CIN (4 Viewers)

Want to hold this guy but between Allen running it in, Singletary looking pretty good, and now an injury he's a tough hold.

If he doesn't practice tmrw and there's more (negative) clarity on any toe injury I may have to drop and hope he can fly under the waiver radar for a couple weeks. Can't hold luxury items now.

Bills RB Zack Moss (toe) was not at practice Thursday. 

Moss wasn't on the injury report in the first two weeks, but has now missed two straight practices. Friday's practice will prove critical for the rookie's availability this week against the Rams. If Moss were to sit, Devin Singletary would profile as a low-end RB2 this week. The Rams have allowed the 10th most rushing yardage per game this year, and opposing backs have seen 18 targets against LA's defense. 

RELATED: 

Devin Singletary

SOURCE: Joe Buscaglia on Twitter 

Sep 24, 2020, 12:28 PM ET

kyoun1e said:
Want to hold this guy but between Allen running it in, Singletary looking pretty good, and now an injury he's a tough hold.

If he doesn't practice tmrw and there's more (negative) clarity on any toe injury I may have to drop and hope he can fly under the waiver radar for a couple weeks. Can't hold luxury items now.
Yeah I’m in the same spot. 

Im seriously consider dropping him to handcuff Mixon.  

Ruled OUT this weekend, per HC Sean McD.
Yikes. Ruled out early Friday not a great sign.

Turf toe? I wonder if this is a multi week injury.

May indeed be forced to drop to fill some other holes. Don't want to do it, but he may get passed over in waivers next week if he's got a nice red IR next to his name and has a projection of zero.

Returned to practice today...someone dropped him with the injury and Im considering him.  Would drop my Mostert cuff of Wilson Jr or Kelley (but think he and Moss are about equals)

Bills RB Zack Moss (toe) practiced on a limited basis Thursday. 

Moss returned to practice Wednesday after missing Week 3's game against the Rams. Barring a setback, Moss should get the green light this week against the Raiders. In Week 2, Moss didn't run a pass route -- a surprising change in usage after he looked to emerge as the team's pass catching back in Week 1. Moss would cut into Devin Singletary's touches if he's a go this week. 

RELATED: 

Devin Singletary

SOURCE: Chris Brown on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2020, 3:41 PM ET

These writers so want him to be better than he has been. The bias, it's comical.
I agree the hype has gotten a bit overblown based upon him flashing in camp - and before he faced actual defenses. 

That said, he still may be all that once he gets more acclimated to the NFL game. We’ll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
What did they say in that blurb that was inaccurate or sensationalized?
This one is not as bad, I suppose. But "a surprising change in usage after he looked to emerge as the team's pass catching back in Week 1." That seems to indicate that he was good week 1, right? He did get a TD, on a scramble drill, that was one of a few good plays for him that game. Singletary has been better, every game so far. 

They've been pushing Moss since the draft(many writers) and they will continue due to their chasing being "right" about this. 

candian fantasy guy said:
This one is not as bad, I suppose. But "a surprising change in usage after he looked to emerge as the team's pass catching back in Week 1." That seems to indicate that he was good week 1, right? He did get a TD, on a scramble drill, that was one of a few good plays for him that game. Singletary has been better, every game so far. 

They've been pushing Moss since the draft(many writers) and they will continue due to their chasing being "right" about this. 
Something tells me you're a Singletary owner

This one is not as bad, I suppose. But "a surprising change in usage after he looked to emerge as the team's pass catching back in Week 1." That seems to indicate that he was good week 1, right?
No, it means he was used as the passing down back which was true. 

He had 4 targets in the first game and 4 in his second. Devin had 15 and 7 in those games. 

I'm not sure that was or is true.
Your target numbers are wrong - not even close. Maybe you’re the one showing bias?

I also watched Week 1 as a Jets fan, Moss was the third down back (even though Singletary did have more targets but it was 7 v 4). 

Seems way too early to see how the division of labor will be. They've played together for only two games.

Singletary has certainly played well in the first three games in both the running and receiving game, and thus I'm sure has earned his fair share of the pie. But Moss isn't just going away as long as he is healthy - that is something I've come to accept as a Singletary (but not Moss) owner. 

Your target numbers are wrong - not even close. Maybe you’re the one showing bias?

I also watched Week 1 as a Jets fan, Moss was the third down back (even though Singletary did have more targets but it was 5 v 4). 
7 targets in week 1 and 3 in week 2. 15 was total in 3 games, my bad. 

These writers so want him to be better than he has been. The bias, it's comical.
Just for the record, Chris Brown (apparently the source of the comment that Faust posted) is the Bills official team beat writer.  He works for the Bills; by virtue of that fact alone, his Bills writings are always extremely positive and very rarely is he critical of a player. 

Bills RB Zack Moss (toe) is questionable for Week 4 against the Raiders.

Moss return to practice mid-week and was limited for every session. Devin Singletary handled 17 of Buffalo's 20 backfield touches without Moss in Week 3, but that workload will ultimately be diviid up again if Moss is able to return. He'll be a boom-or-bust RB4 if cleared for Sunday.

SOURCE: Buffalo Bills PR on Twitter

Oct 2, 2020, 2:29 PM ET

Bills RB Zack Moss (toe) is inactive for Week 5 against the Titans. 

It's surprising after Moss practice in full on Saturday. His absence locks Devin Singletary into 15-20 touches, and perhaps beyond. Unless he suffered a setback that has yet to be reported, Moss should finally be ready to return for next Monday's game against the Chiefs. 

Oct 13, 2020, 5:39 PM ET

He practiced in full this week. Are they keeping him down on purpose? Losing patience in redraft. Curious if this was a coach's call and not a health issue?

He practiced in full this week. Are they keeping him down on purpose? Losing patience in redraft. Curious if this was a coach's call and not a health issue?
Maybe some news comes out tomorrow, but if I had to guess, it would be they needed depth on the active roster at other positions due to injuries, and Moss doesn't play special teams.  

Purely speculation.... .. 

chad in Indy said:
Maybe some news comes out tomorrow, but if I had to guess, it would be they needed depth on the active roster at other positions due to injuries, and Moss doesn't play special teams.  

Purely speculation.... .. 
Yeldon doesn't play special teams and he was active

Perhaps he got ahead of himself, but the Bills were 4-0, with a two-win divisional lead heading into this game; maybe McDermott went the conservative route and tried to protect Moss from re-aggravating the dreaded, so that he's fully available to them for the stretch run later in the year. I know the thought would've crossed my mind. That's the rosy scenario, at least.

Perhaps he got ahead of himself, but the Bills were 4-0, with a two-win divisional lead heading into this game; maybe McDermott went the conservative route and tried to protect Moss from re-aggravating the dreaded, so that he's fully available to them for the stretch run later in the year. I know the thought would've crossed my mind. That's the rosy scenario, at least.
I've got him stashed on my bench hoping for this rosy scenario......it's not like theres a lot out there on the WW anyway

Bills RB Zack Moss (toe) practiced in full Friday. 

After being a surprise Week 5 inactive, Moss looks to be ready to play against the Chiefs in Week 6. A fully-healthy Moss will likely lead to a smaller snap share and fewer touches for Devin Singletary, who has seen a major boost in both categories since Moss injured his toe. It's notable that Moss didn't run a pass route in his most recent game -- Week 2 against Miami -- while seeing eight carries. Moss would only be startable this week in deeper formats. 

RELATED: 

Devin Singletary

SOURCE: Chris Brown on Twitter 

Oct 16, 2020, 3:10 PM ET

Singletary hasn’t exactly lit it up, but Moss has not impressed at all thus far. Granted it’s a small sample size and Moss could eventually  emerge, but it shows yet again that you have to take training camp with a big grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread