What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (4 Viewers)

That was just so good.  I think my HR is higher than Cantley.

Looks like he decels when he putts but man wtf do I know. 

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Wow. The tour officially banned saying "Brooksy" at events. It is now considered "disrespectful" and will get you bounced.

Could this guy be any more of a cry baby? That's unreal.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Yelling things to deliberately antagonize a player should get you bounced. 

While he's standing over a shot or mid swing? 100%  No place for that.

When he's just walking around? I fail to see why he should afforded this sort of specific protection.  Its not like they're cursing at him or chanting the name of his sister or something. They're just saying another player's name. (or rather, a variation of it).

I guess I just dont understand why he gets special treatment here. Because he hits the ball far?  Or is it just because he doesn't have the mental strength to let it roll off his back?   I mean, he apparently almost went after a fan on Sunday and the PGA are basically rewarding that behavior.

While he's standing over a shot or mid swing? 100%  No place for that.

When he's just walking around? I fail to see why he should afforded this sort of specific protection.  Its not like they're cursing at him or chanting the name of his sister or something. They're just saying another player's name. (or rather, a variation of it).

I guess I just dont understand why he gets special treatment here. Because he hits the ball far?  Or is it just because he doesn't have the mental strength to let it roll off his back?   I mean, he apparently almost went after a fan on Sunday and the PGA are basically rewarding that behavior.
Because it's golf.  Can you name another player who is heckled profusely during their rounds?  There are just some things you don't do.

Because it's golf.  Can you name another player who is heckled profusely during their rounds?  There are just some things you don't do.

No. I also can't name another player who's done anywhere near what Bryson has done to inspire it. Even Reed, a known cheater doesn't get it. 

So maybe the solution is that Bryson grows up. Banning one word isn't going to stop people from heckling. If anything, its going to make it worse.

No. I also can't name another player who's done anywhere near what Bryson has done to inspire it. Even Reed, a known cheater doesn't get it. 

So maybe the solution is that Bryson grows up. Banning one word isn't going to stop people from heckling. If anything, its going to make it worse.
I personally doubt it will get worse now...the PGA needs to send a clear message to stop this with any golfer.

I personally doubt it will get worse now...the PGA needs to send a clear message to stop this with any golfer.

Agree to disagree. Being told "you're not allowed to say that" seems unlikely to deter a bunch of drunk guys intent on throwing him off his game. And as crowds get larger post-Covid, it will be harder and harder to pick out who said it (unless they're literally right in his face or other fans turn them in)

I mean...this whole thing is so silly. What if 8 guys wear T-shirts with giant letters that spell out "BROOKSIE" and follow him around all day. Do THEY get tossed?  How will the PGA justify THAT?

For the record....while I dislike Bryson very much, I certainly wouldn't participate in this sort of behavior. But the biggest show on tour (like him or not) has basically declared war on the fans for saying another player's name. I just dont see how that's ok (again....if they're not saying anything while he's actively hitting or about to hit a golf shot)

At this point, I'm sure Koepka has gotten a talking to and has agreed to stop fanning the flames. (which is obviously the right thing to do) I just think its going to be impossible to put the toothpaste back in the tube at this point.  Even if Bryson goes 5-0 at the Ryder cup and trounces Rahm in Sunday singles, the unwashed masses are still gonna be all over him once he's just back playing for himself again.

I've never been a huge fan of Bryson but I feel for the guy. Completely unacceptable for fans to be heckling him like that out there. They need to be tossed and banned going forward.

Koepka could say something and squash the heckling but the guy obviously gets off on it all. I loved Ryan Leaf's take on Koepka calling him a bully. Really laid into him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsEckuF9hWA

Agree to disagree. Being told "you're not allowed to say that" seems unlikely to deter a bunch of drunk guys intent on throwing him off his game. And as crowds get larger post-Covid, it will be harder and harder to pick out who said it (unless they're literally right in his face or other fans turn them in)

I mean...this whole thing is so silly. What if 8 guys wear T-shirts with giant letters that spell out "BROOKSIE" and follow him around all day. Do THEY get tossed?  How will the PGA justify THAT?
 Yes, i think they will get tossed.  We're talking about < 1% of golf tourney attendees here.  I just don't think it'll be tough to stop cold, now that they are doing something.

it’s scary how entitled some golf fans are, honestly it is a young white frat boy crowd that is doing this. why bring up young white frat boy? because they are the ones doing it. it’s trash and has to go. but but it’s just the word brooksie, yeah but it’s being used to Bully a guy and make fun of him knowing full well he can’t come over and punch you in the face. 

it’s scary how entitled some golf fans are, honestly it is a young white frat boy crowd that is doing this. why bring up young white frat boy? because they are the ones doing it. it’s trash and has to go. but but it’s just the word brooksie, yeah but it’s being used to Bully a guy and make fun of him knowing full well he can’t come over and punch you in the face. 
This is where all heckling goes wrong.  They say #### because they are "protected"....

Agreed. 

Ironically both BDC and Koepka come off as boorish frat boys.

So who wins in this Cup format? So new but two of the best players of this generation have won so far, Rory coming from 5 back to start. Superstar major winners have faded.

A bunch of unproven studs at the top, Rahm and BDC right there...JT, DJ, Morikawa lurk, Rory, Xander, Koepka may need to play lights out.

I’m taking Rahm.

So who wins in this Cup format? So new but two of the best players of this generation have won so far, Rory coming from 5 back to start. Superstar major winners have faded.

A bunch of unproven studs at the top, Rahm and BDC right there...JT, DJ, Morikawa lurk, Rory, Xander, Koepka may need to play lights out.

I’m taking Rahm.

Funny how you list 8 names and none are the guy who sits atop the rankings(and starts with a lead). A par 70 course should set up fine for Mr. Anonymous.

Actually, if not HeWhoShallNotBeNamed, I'm partial to ball strikers Cam Smith and Sungjae Im.

Funny how you list 8 names and none are the guy who sits atop the rankings(and starts with a lead). A par 70 course should set up fine for Mr. Anonymous.

Actually, if not HeWhoShallNotBeNamed, I'm partial to ball strikers Cam Smith and Sungjae Im.
Lumping Cantlay, Finau, Cam, Amber, English in as ‘unproven studs’...we’ll see if they can manage this level of pressure ina unique format.

I've never been a huge fan of Bryson but I feel for the guy. Completely unacceptable for fans to be heckling him like that out there. They need to be tossed and banned going forward.

Koepka could say something and squash the heckling but the guy obviously gets off on it all. I loved Ryan Leaf's take on Koepka calling him a bully. Really laid into him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsEckuF9hWA
i dont really listen to takes about bullying from guys who have plead out on domestic violence charges but thats just me take that to the bank brohans 

if there was ever a surer sign that koepka is all up in the head of brooksie bryson it is that bryson told the pga to make it stop take that to the bank brohans 

FWIW, local golf guy (Chuck Garbedian) confirmed on air that Brooks/Bryson teeing off together on Friday*  :popcorn:

*Boulder of salt and all that but Chuck is pretty hooked into all things local including Stricker

• Love
Reactions: Zow
FWIW, local golf guy (Chuck Garbedian) confirmed on air that Brooks/Bryson teeing off together on Friday*  :popcorn:

*Boulder of salt and all that but Chuck is pretty hooked into all things local including Stricker
Brilliant IMO…flip the story.

bryson vs brooks is going down on black friday at the wynn golf resort. i heard they are only doing 12 holes for this “match”

I really wish the PGA would make the rule for relief a bit different. 

You should have to be in the same surface. If you are in thick rough you should have to end up in thick rough. 

I can see the match has zero interest
Bryson didn’t really make it very interesting but I thought it was entertaining enough. Not exactly hostile but Brooks really doesn’t like him. I played Wynn golf club this summer and it’s a fun track…..

Users who are viewing this thread