What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (4 Viewers)

:shrug:   If that's the case, I'd hope the NFL was "better".

I'd still GO to a college game any day over an NFL game.  The superbowl is probably the most overrated in person experience I've ever been to.  
I'm a ND season ticket holder and have no desire to go to a Bears game.  I still think the NFL is a far better product, while college is a better experience.  

The superbowl is probably the most overrated in person experience I've ever been to.  
too corporate an event. it's so expensive that regular people get priced out.

still on my bucket list, but i don't expect it to be an exciting fan experience.
The conference championship games are the best fan experience in the NFL. I would only go to a Super Bowl if I didn’t care about the game. 

Maybe I'm too old and too far behind on the lingo ... but how long has "chest" been used to mean "heart", "fire", "determination", "want-to"? Been seeing that all of a sudden (to me) on some football message boards.

Is that what Antonio Brown's "Mr. Big Chest" was in reference to? That he was calling himself something like "Mr. Determination"?
Mods: Please move this to the "Phrases that need to be eliminated" thread.  Thanks.

I'm a ND season ticket holder and have no desire to go to a Bears game.  I still think the NFL is a far better product, while college is a better experience.  
Went to South Bend for the OU game in 2013. Fantastic experience. Helps greatly that OU won. Even so, if you're a CFB fan it has to be on your bucket list.

Neutral site games aren't in and of themselves boring, Texas/OU and similar games where the crowd is 50/50 is still fun to attend.

I think Sark will sign a big QB prospect, and develop him....build a staff of recruiters and a really good DC and look out.
What prevented this from happening at his stay at USC?  They were beyond the NCAA stuff at that point for whatever they did that time that we forgot about.  

I mean other than the heavy drinking.  

What prevented this from happening at his stay at USC?  They were beyond the NCAA stuff at that point for whatever they did that time that we forgot about.  

Or Washington, which isn’t the level of Texas but still an excellent program where people have won plenty of games at. 

Or Washington, which isn’t the level of Texas but still an excellent program where people have won plenty of games at. 
both Washington and USC got better with his departure.  Warrants mentioning.  

Texas would have been fine to claim covid killed this season and wait to see what develops in 2021 and saved the money.  4 coaches in 6 years, paying out more than any other head coach in that time and (subject to whatever buyout Herman gets) could be $15M a year in that stretch and into 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:

I just think QB play is more important ever (as Saban says Offense wins today), and Sark has been spectacularly successful developing Tua and Mac, and recruiting Bryce Young.  Tua so noticeably looked like a different QB under Sark, moving the ball around and making quick and good decisions.

I should have said '*IF* he recruits a very good DC and recruiting staff, as that's no guarantee.

I just think QB play is more important ever (as Saban says Offense wins today), and Sark has been spectacularly successful developing Tua and Mac, and recruiting Bryce Young.  Tua so noticeably looked like a different QB under Sark, moving the ball around and making quick and good decisions.

I should have said '*IF* he recruits a very good DC and recruiting staff, as that's no guarantee.
The 5* QB they recruited bailed mid-season leaving them with mediocre 3/4* unproven types with no game experience.  

They will need to go portal shopping for 21 just to be competitive. 

It can not be stressed enough that this is the weakest the 2-Deep has looked for them in 2 decades or more on offense.  The recruits they have had have either not panned out or have simply left the team.  And this is their weakest offense class perhaps ever, incoming.  

Former Wisconsin QB Jack Coan is transferring to Notre Dame. Bummed as Rutgers thought they had a shot there given the close location.

There's a lack of ND hate!

Supposedly Ohio State has a couple of Covid positive cases with starters, possibly on the DL.
Saw a post about that on an OSU board.  However, nothing substantiated yet.  The rumor is coming from a reporter with no ties to OSU who pulled the news from an Alabama Fan Forum.  I'd take it with a grain of salt until reliable sources are covering it.

Saw a post about that on an OSU board.  However, nothing substantiated yet.  The rumor is coming from a reporter with no ties to OSU who pulled the news from an Alabama Fan Forum.  I'd take it with a grain of salt until reliable sources are covering it.
News is spreading pretty fast. Hearing this might lead to contact tracing ruling out even more.

With all the breaks and rule changes given to OSU to get them into the playoffs, I hope everyone will laugh in the face of any suggestion to postpone. This is my completely unbiased opinion.  :whistle:

News is spreading pretty fast. Hearing this might lead to contact tracing ruling out even more.

With all the breaks and rule changes given to OSU to get them into the playoffs, I hope everyone will laugh in the face of any suggestion to postpone. This is my completely unbiased opinion.  :whistle:
Thats exactly what they want.  More time for fields to heal.  It won matter though.  Osu is getting beat whenever they decide they want to play

Capella said:
Sorry man it’s super weird you think a team is faking covid to duck a national title game. 
You sure are reading a lot into my thoughts. Where did I say anyone was faking?

Users who are viewing this thread