What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB James Robinson, NE (4 Viewers)

socrates said:
On an NFL Sunday where we saw zero 100-yard rushers, I thought Robinson made a nice showing.  Without preseason games, it seemed the running games suffered a little bit.  I expect Robinson to only get better, and his lone reception looked good.  Hopefully, the Jags will get Robinson more involved as a receiver in the coming weeks.
If he gets involved as a receiver, he is going to be a weekly starter.   That Team scares me some but it’s tough to pass on any starting RB. 

I finally saw all his touches and thought he looked great early and that they had him stuffed up a bit later on. I didn't watch the game so I can't say how much that might have been due to Colts adjustments, Robinson getting gassed, or some combo thereof. Either way I love the way this is shaping up, and I am curious if anyone has any insight as to how the OL played generally. Either in run or pass game.
Robinson didn't look gassed; he was running hard throughout.  The Colts shut down the running lanes better in the second half, although Robinson could have done a better job finding the openings in a couple of instances.  Robinson didn't have a lot of running room all day, which gives me some concern about the o-line.  He is a no-nonsense, north-south runner, for the most part.  He broke a couple of runs outside with success, but I didn't see a whole lot of burst, aside from on his lone reception, which he plucked out of the air easily, showed some decent upfield burst and hurdled a would-be tackler for an impressive 28-yard gain.

I'm not overthinking it too much.  Uncle Rico has "it" and he has an underrated group of receivers.  The O line is an underachieving group that does have some talent to be middle of the pack.  I'm not saying the jags offense is going set the world on fire, but I think Minshew/Robinson/Chark, and to a lesser extent the other skill guys, will outperform their "lowly jags" label.

At a minimum, and this may be not good for Robinson unless he's a legit 3 down back, is they will chuck it around.......and we already know Rico can move the team down the field.

James Robinson played 34-of-50 snaps (68 percent) in Week 1 against the Colts.

Chris Thompson played just 12 snaps. The Jaguars featured Robinson early, running on five of the first six plays. It’s clear Jacksonville views Robinson as a workhorse, as no other running back had a carry. Robinson has a Week 2 matchup with a Titans defense that just allowed 5.2 YPC and a touchdown to Melvin Gordon.

Sep 16, 2020, 9:50 AM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

Worth a late 2nd in dynasty? Really haven't seen this kid and wasn't even on  my radar until the last 10-12 days

2 Jaguars make PFF's top-10 rookie rankings for Week 1

Excerpt:

Robinson recorded 62 rushing yards on 16 carries, with 56 yards coming after contact, earning a 65.7 rushing grade that ranked 11th of 26 running backs. He didn’t get much help from the line at times, as he was contacted at or behind the line of scrimmage on nine of 16 carries, but he still managed to break off a couple of 10-plus-yard gains despite that.

Head coach Doug Marrone said his decision to move on from Leonard Fournette boiled down to what the staff saw on the practice field, an area where James Robinson seemingly flourished. The former Illinois State star was the only back in the NFL to have 100% of their team’s running back rushing attempts.

The Jaguars’ new starting running back owns a piece of history after his impressive debut, setting a new opening weekend rushing record for undrafted rookies with 62 yards. That’s, well worthy of the tenth spot on PFF’s list of rookies this week.

Well, this is making me rethink my flex. From Snell to Conner to Z. Moss to C. Davis...maybe now to Robinson:

The Jaguars are expected to “continue to lean” on James Robinson.

Jags OC Jay Gruden said Robinson will be a “big part” of Sunday’s gameplan. Robinson was a workhorse in his debut, totaling 95 yards while handling all the carries. The Jaguars trust Robinson in pass protection and he had the longest play of the game on a 28-yard catch. Playing in what projects as a run-heavy gamescript against the Titans, Robinson should see a higher snap rate than last week’s 68 percent.  Tennessee allowed 5.2 YPC and a touchdown to Melvin Gordon in Week 1.

SOURCE: Sports Illustrated

Worth a late 2nd in dynasty? Really haven't seen this kid and wasn't even on  my radar until the last 10-12 days
Tried that this morning, rejected with a counter of 2021 2nd, 2022 1st. Declined that one quickly.
I had posted that I could use a RB, and was OFFFERED him for a 2nd. I hemmed and hawed a few days trying to learn about him. Seemed like a lot for a undrafted rookie based off of one game....normally the kind of offer I refuse to accept.

I accepted it in the end.

I had posted that I could use a RB, and was OFFFERED him for a 2nd. I hemmed and hawed a few days trying to learn about him. Seemed like a lot for a undrafted rookie based off of one game....normally the kind of offer I refuse to accept.

I accepted it in the end.
It's definitely a high price to pay for a guy that hasn't proven much of anything, but in RB needy leagues I'm putting out feelers.

I would gladly and easily pay a 2nd for him. If I needed a RB and had room, which is a little tough in my FFPC leagues. That's really not a bad price for a starting RB. Yes I could be wrong but if I'm right his price will only go up, and even better, you get points from him that help your team. 

Robinson would easily go in the second if drafts were held today. Hell, Keyshawn Vaughn was going 1.7 at one point. 
I'm trying to trade Robinson for Darius Slayton to an RB needy team that has Nuk and Hill (keeper league) but the owner is balking. Seems there's another owner making a play for Slayton.

Who is starting this guy this week?

Everyone is afraid of a negative game script, but even if Jax is down is Chris Thompson going to be that much of a factor? Seems like Robinson is getting the lion's share of the touches.

Also thinking JAX could put up a fight. Minshew is no joke and I'm not sure the TN run D is all that -- M. Gordon went for 5+ YPC last week on them.

Tinkering with the idea of Robinson in my flex over Z. Moss and C. Davis.

In a 12 team league where I'm getting hit with injuries(Mack,Galloway,Godwin) he's in my flex over Gibson, Dobbins and Pittman.

Everyone is afraid of a negative game script, but even if Jax is down is Chris Thompson going to be that much of a factor? Seems like Robinson is getting the lion's share of the touches.

Also thinking JAX could put up a fight. Minshew is no joke and I'm not sure the TN run D is all that -- M. Gordon went for 5+ YPC last week on them.

I'm using him on nearly all of the teams I have him on (three or four, can't remember). The only team I have him benched on is one with a 3RB limit and I'm going with CMC, Gurley, and Mixon. He's my RB2 in the others (some due to injury, others due to crappy rosters)

Last edited by a moderator:
Flexing him over James White. Not an ideal matchup, but I’m expecting 15-18 touches. I know they haven’t had much recent success in Tennessee lately, but I think the Jags can hang in the game and not get blown out. 

I'm rolling him out over Ingram.  I don't feel great about it, but I feel like he will get more touches.

Ditto. Are we talking redraft or dynasty? Either I'd need a bit more if I owned Slayton. 
14 Team Keeper. Looks like the trade will go down. I gave him the option to look at Robinson and Gibson this weekend and we'll make the trade next week if all goes well.

Who would take it from him in 2 weeks, though? Thompson? I don't see that happening. They didn't sign Freeman
Ozigbo or Armstead if they're back in three weeks. You'd have to think they'll get a bit of run. 

I don't think they're as good. He's been pretty solid. 

I think Minshew is much better than people think. He will keep defenses honest. Jags WR room is actually looking pretty good. I don't see Robinson seeing many loaded boxes.

I think Minshew is much better than people think. He will keep defenses honest. Jags WR room is actually looking pretty good. I don't see Robinson seeing many loaded boxes.
I thought JAX was going to be better than other people did. Minshew is a big reason, along with Chark, Conley, Cole, Shenault, etc. 

They look like a formidable offensive group right now. Lots of points scored the past two games.

James Robinson had 16 carries for 102 yards and a touchdown and caught 3-of-4 targets for 18 yards in Week 2 against the Titans.

Robinson remained Jacksonville's workhorse, running for over 100 yards and leading the backfield in carries. He scored his first touchdown of the season on a highlight 17-yard run. Laviska Shenault had five carries in a change-up role and Chris Thompson got in the end-zone on four targets, but this was another splash game from the undrafted rookie. Robinson had gameflow working against him with Jacksonville playing from behind until he took over in the second half. The Jaguars have featured Robinson as their lead back with 35 touches through two weeks. Robinson could see his biggest workload of the season in a Week 3 matchup with Miami.

- Rotoworld

James Robinson has the ninth-most rushing yards over expectation through two weeks.

He's also picked up eight first downs, the fifth-highest among backs. Robinson is averaging over 100 total yards and 18 touches in two starts. Even in a negative gamescript and 51% snap share last week, Robinson set career highs. Jacksonville should continue to feed Robinson carries for a Week 3 matchup with a Miami defense allowing 164 rushing yards per game.

SOURCE: NFL.com

Sep 23, 2020, 9:46 AM ET

So glad I picked him up for nothing before week 1.

When Ryquell Armstead eventually comes back, it's still 100% the Robinson show, right?

I am starting Robinson over David Johnson this week due to the matchups and the disappearance last week from DJ (yes I know that was against Baltimore but it does give a pause).  I can play two of Chubb, Robinson, and Johnson.  Right now Johnson is the odd man out.

I am starting Robinson over David Johnson this week due to the matchups and the disappearance last week from DJ (yes I know that was against Baltimore but it does give a pause).  I can play two of Chubb, Robinson, and Johnson.  Right now Johnson is the odd man out.
I'm facing a very similar decision with Robinson and Mixon. Telling myself I'm not crazy for leaning Robinson.

Users who are viewing this thread