What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (9 Viewers)

Yup.  Giannis is an absolute competitor and does things the right way.  Very easy player to root for.

Agreed.  If Harden or Kyrie are healthy the outcome of this series is probably switched to Brooklyn. The Nets will most likely enter next season as the favorite regardless of who wins the title this year.
Yeah.  Even without Kyrie, Harden at full strength puts the Nets over the top.

Missed second free throw and foul on the rebound is what the league wanted there.
I was thinking miss the first free throw, air ball the second, no time off the clock. Nets use their last timeout to advance ball, 0.3 seconds enough for a catch and shoot 3. 

Anything can happen but bucks have easy road to the finals.  ATL would have maybe a 5% chance to beat them.  PHI 20% if embiid stays healthy.  

bucks in 5 no matter who they play in eastern conference finals.

looking forward to a suns/bucks finals.  

where the Jazz have size, they have too much size and, around that size, there is neither size nor footspeed. it reminded me of when the Sixers had Boban and regular opponents would just rub him onto a PG and have their way. they need one of those 6'9 210 guys who can switch AND board and to develop enough of a post game for Gobert that that opponents can't make it seem like its 4-on-5 on offense.

and it went even more to plan than i thought cuz the Jazz could not practice their guards enough to make adjustments 
Teams can game plan Gobert more effectively in a 7-game series.  He plays almost exclusively drop coverage against the PnR.  With two weeks to focus on a single opponent, teams will implement an array of ways to get him pre-switched on to guys that makes that a bad tactical decision.

My god they have to stop those type of fouls. Harden kicks his foot out to land on Giannis and then flops like a soccer player. It’s so awful that he gets 3 FTs for that act. 
Every decent shooter sways their feet.  It is taught.  If Giannis vertically contests he doesn't contact the foot.

Looks fairly close to where we got tickets. My son is so excited. 
He’s spoiled, last Clips playoff game we went too Chris Paul hit a last second shot to beat the Spurs in 2015. Hopefully it’s as exciting and hopefully it’s a clipper and not Chris Paul who hits the game winner this time. 

(It was a great stretch for us, we went to the Dodger playoff game the year before where Juan Uribe hit a walkoff HR over the Barves.)

I think he was saying they just show up when they want.  
Which is false. Both LA teams were top ten in attendance pre-covid, and both posted great %s compared to most the league. It's a common misperception about LA fans. Very accurate for football, sure. I've seen Staples pumping for Clips Kings on a Tuesday night. It happens more often than not, and more often than most of the league. Laker fans are kinda rich and fancy and the tickets are expensive. Clips' are super loyal, super loud, and more fun. 

Looks fairly close to where we got tickets. My son is so excited. 
Our Laker seats are a chipshot towards the team in the same basic area. I try to sit behind that hoop when I trade for Clips seats. I've been right where that vid was taken many times. I'd love midcourt seats, but I've grown used to the view from behind the hoop. It even gives a little better Xs and Os perspective most the time. But if you're lower, the damn basket blocks lots of action.

Which is false. Both LA teams were top ten in attendance pre-covid, and both posted great %s compared to most the league. It's a common misperception about LA fans. Very accurate for football, sure. I've seen Staples pumping for Clips Kings on a Tuesday night. It happens more often than not, and more often than most of the league. Laker fans are kinda rich and fancy and the tickets are expensive. Clips' are super loyal, super loud, and more fun. 
When they show up.  ie 4th inning, middle of second quarter/period.  They are notorious for this.  Hershiser's last start before he went on his streak he got shelled and traffic at the ravine  was a cluster#### because people left in the third inning and they hadn't reversed the one-way entries yet.

When they show up.  ie 4th inning, middle of second quarter/period.  They are notorious for this.  Hershiser's last start before he went on his streak he got shelled and traffic at the ravine  was a cluster#### because people left in the third inning and they hadn't reversed the one-way entries yet.
A 20 year old MLB story isn't very representative of the last decade of LA NBA. I'm fully aware of the reputation, and it's hard to negotiate downtown traffic at quittin' time for games, but both Clips and Laker games are usually very loud for the player introductions. Dodgers? No idea. Never cared for baseball. 

Holiday's outside shot has been Bledsoe-esque this series. On defense I'm at a loss with the Bucks inability to get the ball out of Durant's hands.  Make anybody else make a shot at this point.
This is a lot harder than you guys are making it sound.  All the crying in here about it in the 4th quarter of game 5, he didn't even get the ball until midway thru the possession.  At that point it becomes keeping it out of his hands but denying a 7-footer posting up in space is almost impossible.

The Bucks inability or unwillingness to get the ball out of Durant's hands is just baffling.  Good defense isn't enough against him.

Those final two offensive possessions in regulation for the Bucks were embarrassing.
Six seconds.  He is the third attacker in the set.  They get him the ball on a cross court pass.  How do you suggest they get the ball out of his hands there?

.  Not to diminish any of the other three teams in the Conference Finals....but this is as wide open as it gets in todays NBA. Sixers have as good a shot as any.  That's why the Hawks are going to embarass them.......

Again.

ETA: to add "Again."

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, the league needs to seriously rethink their scheduling process. 

Despite the fact that the west will be three days ahead of the east conference finals, the Clippers only have 36 hours off between conf semis and conf finals, and the west series will be played every other day the whole series (no extra days off). 

The Clippers are going to be gassed. 
2 days vs. 7 days does seem a bit much.

At least KD looks like the best player in the league right now. Hard to win when you go in on all stars and 2 out of 3 get hurt.
Durant needs to show he is durable to be the best player in the league, IMO.  Hard to call someone the best player when he has played in 35 of the last 144 regular season games.  Part of being great and being the best is staying healthy and playing almost every game.  That is why I can never put Kawhi Leonard in the best player conversation; he takes way too many games off. 

Durant needs to show he is durable to be the best player in the league, IMO.  Hard to call someone the best player when he has played in 35 of the last 144 regular season games.  Part of being great and being the best is staying healthy and playing almost every game.  That is why I can never put Kawhi Leonard in the best player conversation; he takes way too many games off. 
He tore his Achilles trying to play through a knee injury in the finals. Should he have sat out the 2019 finals and said "for who for what"?

Can you imagine how good he’d be if he’d just commit to getting in shape?
Which begs the next question, how can you NOT be in shape when money isn’t an object and you have access to world class nutritionists, trainers, personal chefs, etc.?

He tore his Achilles trying to play through a knee injury in the finals. Should he have sat out the 2019 finals and said "for who for what"?
No, but that is kind of making my point.  Durant seems to get hurt way too often.  Greats who were called the best player in the league for stretches like Jordan, Bird, LeBron, etc. almost never missed huge chunks of games on a regular basis during their prime due to injuries. Durant has a missed A LOT of games during his prime due to various injuries. 

It still takes commitment and very hard work.

Some athletes don't go that way.
I don’t know, man. I’m not a professional athlete, just a weekend warrior marathon runner, and if I had access to all that, I can only imagine the shape I’d be in.

No, but that is kind of making my point.  Durant seems to get hurt way too often.  Greats who were called the best player in the league for stretches like Jordan, Bird, LeBron, etc. almost never missed huge chunks of games on a regular basis during their prime due to injuries. Durant has a missed A LOT of games during his prime due to various injuries. 
I don't think you plan to tear an Achilles. Durant was in incredible shape. The speed and intensity of the game is much higher now. Things happen.

I don't think you plan to tear an Achilles. Durant was in incredible shape. The speed and intensity of the game is much higher now. Things happen.
Also, the regular season is nearly meaningless, and missing regular season games for minor as well as major injuries, or just getting some rest, is not an issue like it once was. Particularly the Nets down the stretch this season seemed to truly not care what their seed would be.  Maybe that was a mistake in retro.  Regardless, if there were such a thing as a conference semi-final MVP to give out there's only one name on the shortlist this season.

What do you think they’ll do in the off-season?  Any chance Dinwiddie stays?
I’d love to have Dinwiddie back but I doubt he stays. Brooklyn can’t offer him the most playing time and probably won’t offer him the most money either. I think Griffin, Green, and Brown are their other free agents and I’d be happy if they could keep all of them (Griffin might be tough from a salary standpoint but he seemed to really enjoy playing there, not sure what the rules are with re-signing him). 

Duncan thinks Brooklyn will use its 1st rounder in a Deandre Jordan salary dump this summer, which makes sense but isn’t very fun from a fan standpoint. 

Last edited by a moderator:
At least KD looks like the best player in the league right now. Hard to win when you go in on all stars and 2 out of 3 get hurt.
all due props to KD but, if we can harsh LeBron for abusing teammates til they bend to his will to win, cant we ruffle a few of Durant's feathers for totes not caring what his teammates do around him? granted, he does all the chores on offense and twice what his star teammates do on d and is clutchclutchclutch down the line, but i wish there was more "you be here and you be there and dont #### up and dont leave nothin on the floor or i'll mess you up" to him. i guess joining an already-assembled champ machine @ GS kept that frpom being part of his thing. valiant effort, still

Well, yeah, no one wants to be injury-prone, but the point remains that durability has not been a strong suit of Durant's in the last 5-6 years. 

Users who are viewing this thread