What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (15 Viewers)

Saw an interesting suggestion of new divisions if Seattle and Las Vegas were added, moving Frosty’s beloved Wolves to the east to create the NFC North. 

WEST

Sea, Por, Sac, GS

LAL, LAC, Pho, LV

Uta, Den, OKC, Mem

SA, Dal, Hou, NO

EAST

Min, Mil, Chi, Det

Ind, Cle, Phi, Was

Tor, Bos, NY, Bkn 

Mia, Orl, Atl, Cha

Also works well geographically if you swap Tor and Phi. 
I don’t know exactly how to fix it, but Memphis gets screwed there

Fultz fortunate to have signed his new deal recently. 

I don't think there will be much difference with Cole Anthony. Will likely have a lot of rough moments rookie year. Right now, they both have the same flaws. Anthony looked real good this preseason. So far in season, not so much.

8 Mile with the dagger!!!

Celtics gave up a 10 point lead over the last 90 seconds only to see Pritchard tip in a game winner.  Microcosm of their season so far, play well for stretches, choke it away with sloppy play and poor defense only to pull it out at the end.  Half their wins have come off of game winning shots in the last 2 seconds.

Thunder win in New Orleans.

Crazy they're still competitive after obviously tanking and Horford not having much left. Bazley looks like he'll be a big time producer this year for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of all the guys to fall in the draft, I still have no idea how it was Haliburton. Maybe he lacks the WOW factor but the guy doesn't have a glaring weakness, plus size and has shown to be able to play either guard spot in a pinch. Thought he was a top 5 guy in the draft like some others but really blew my mind that he fell that far.

There are no Knicks homers on this board?

As a Bulls homer, I recognize Thibs impact on the team culture. The Knicks are playing hard, focused and tough. 

Also as a Bulls homer, I know there is an expiration date for Thib's way of doing things. He will run the top players into the ground, and the rest will tire of his voice and demands.

I hope he has tempered somewhat, and taps the brake pedal every once in awhile. He turns sixty-three next week, this will probably be his last head coaching gig. It is good for the NBA to have guys like Tom Thibodeau, and it is good for the NBA for the Knicks to be a prosperous franchise. 

As a Bulls homer, I recognize Thibs impact on the team culture. The Knicks are playing hard, focused and tough. 

Also as a Bulls homer, I know there is an expiration date for Thib's way of doing things. He will run the top players into the ground, and the rest will tire of his voice and demands.

I hope he has tempered somewhat, and taps the brake pedal every once in awhile. He turns sixty-three next week, this will probably be his last head coaching gig. It is good for the NBA to have guys like Tom Thibodeau, and it is good for the NBA for the Knicks to be a prosperous franchise. 
Thibs has them playing hard.  They were down 15+ in each of the last two games and won.     This is the best coach they've had since Pat Riley,  I liked Mike Woodson also.  edit: and van gundy

I have noticed he does run a short bench.   Haven't even seen what Toppin can do since he's been hurt.   Austin Rivers, and Immanuel Quickley actually, have been better than I expected, it's early though.    Mitchell Robinson finally avoiding foul trouble has been a blessing.

Ntkilina and Dennis Smith are planted on the bench for the most part.   

Of all the guys to fall in the draft, I still have no idea how it was Haliburton. Maybe he lacks the WOW factor but the guy doesn't have a glaring weakness, plus size and has shown to be able to play either guard spot in a pinch. Thought he was a top 5 guy in the draft like some others but really blew my mind that he fell that far.
Yes, I think that his ceiling is perceived as fairly limited, but he definitely fits in so many places and it is surprising that he fell as far as he did.  Teams went for tools and size, but he might have the highest median outcome of anyone in the draft.

these MIA uniforms tho  :lmao:
The Heat have had a few of these, in fact 3 Vice editions to my knowledge coming into this year, by far these are the worst. I have at least one hat from all the editions, the first one that was mainly black with a little neon was by far the best, the sky blue last year was pushing it, these are not good IMO. This is like Season 4 Miami Vice, one of the worst seasons of the show vs the other editions. 

The Heat have had a few of these, in fact 3 Vice editions to my knowledge coming into this year, by far these are the worst. I have at least one hat from all the editions, the first one that was mainly black with a little neon was by far the best, the sky blue last year was pushing it, these are not good IMO. This is like Season 4 Miami Vice, one of the worst seasons of the show vs the other editions. 
I'm with you.  The black ones with a touch of neon were great.   These uniforms are as if Crockett and Tubbs were fabulous.  Needs more glitter.   

I don't have a lot of room to speak however as my Rockets H-Town Oiler blue uniforms are garbage too.  

Ntkilina and Dennis Smith are planted on the bench for the most part.   
i'm happy for Randle, a star in another era, to get some showcase out of this before the inevitable fallback, and i'm proud of Thibs for not even considering DSJ & Frankie Smokes as options

Thunder win in New Orleans.

Crazy they're still competitive after obviously tanking and Horford not having much left. Bazley looks like he'll be a big time producer this year for them.
Man, my Pels are horrid closers. Last 2 games, we lost after having a 6pt lead with like :20 seconds left, and then against OKC yesterday missed an open 3 with about :10 left, WHEN WE WERE DOWN BY 1!~!  Terrible decision making. Lonzo Ball missed about 5 open shots in the last couple of minutes. In our defense, there was a terrible call on OKC's last possession that gave them a 3-point play when it should have been on the floor and no bucket. Blah. Very frustrating to watch. Young team woes, I suppose.  Stephen Adams and Zion are a force though. If they can get the rotation right, this team has potential. I'm still not sold on Reddick yet, but he got hurt yesterday and didn't finish the game, so maybe we'll get a look at someone else and see if it changes the chemistry some. 

Not sure why this want showing up in my "threads I posted in" content. I see the star in it. Oh well. 

Sixers doing pretty good. I'm more impressed that they've made Harris into a good player over the first 8 games. 19p-8r-3a and he's playing some defense. He'll never live up to that contract but they're getting production from him. 

So far I like what Doc has done. They have a scheme that fits the personnel better and they're executing it. 

picked the wrong night to bet little heavier on the Sixers. First time i can remember seeing Ben Simmons looking dead on the floor

Nathan R. Jessep said:
Man, my Pels are horrid closers. Last 2 games, we lost after having a 6pt lead with like :20 seconds left, and then against OKC yesterday missed an open 3 with about :10 left, WHEN WE WERE DOWN BY 1!~!  Terrible decision making. Lonzo Ball missed about 5 open shots in the last couple of minutes. In our defense, there was a terrible call on OKC's last possession that gave them a 3-point play when it should have been on the floor and no bucket. Blah. Very frustrating to watch. Young team woes, I suppose.  Stephen Adams and Zion are a force though. If they can get the rotation right, this team has potential. I'm still not sold on Reddick yet, but he got hurt yesterday and didn't finish the game, so maybe we'll get a look at someone else and see if it changes the chemistry some. 
The Pelicans have lots of talent. I think with time and development they will improve. Don't sleep on Nickeil Alexander Walker.  If Van Gundy can invest some playing time in him to allow him to develop--watch out.  I watched clips of off season workouts and scrimmages  that Nickeil was doing with other NBA players and rhw dude was absolutely beasting.  The kid has a great work ethic and a strong desire to get better.   

Another big $$ night like usual betting against the Sixers who were pummeled by a Nets team missing Durant and Irving. :thumbup:
wait, you are suggesting you have made a lot of money betting against the Sixers this year? Kudos if you picked against them last night, but i have to wonder how you have made money betting against them? 

Back to back after scoring 141. Due for a letdown.
yeah, they were as flat as we have seen for awhile. Good test for Doc here to see how he responds and how the team will look on Saturday (if they play). That game last night reminded me too much of last year's Sixers and was not enjoyable to endure

The Wolves are really, really, really bad without KAT. And before you want to respond with some smartass remark, remember they're 2-0 this year with KAT including a win over the Jazz so shut it. 

Curry + Green = Kawhi + PG?

It's early, but Wiggins might develop into a starter for a championship team. His defense has improved. Hopefully it sticks.

Dubs building something.
That was a really fun 2nd half.  The dubs really played best when it was the 2nd team + Curry.  Or just the 2nd team on their own.  They brought way more energy.

Warriors were -12 with Wiggins on the floor.  Some of that is he was out there with Wiseman, who really looked like a rookie.  And some of it is because Wiggins still plays like a poor man’s Jamal Mashburn - which means he clogs down the offense, takes bad shots, and misses Steph coming off screens open.  He’s an ok starter.  I discussed this with another FBG IRL the other day — if you could trade Wiggins for H Barnes straight up, who would you rather have?  I’m not sure, and I hate Barnes.

That was a really fun 2nd half.  The dubs really played best when it was the 2nd team + Curry.  Or just the 2nd team on their own.  They brought way more energy.

Warriors were -12 with Wiggins on the floor.  Some of that is he was out there with Wiseman, who really looked like a rookie.  And some of it is because Wiggins still plays like a poor man’s Jamal Mashburn - which means he clogs down the offense, takes bad shots, and misses Steph coming off screens open.  He’s an ok starter.  I discussed this with another FBG IRL the other day — if you could trade Wiggins for H Barnes straight up, who would you rather have?  I’m not sure, and I hate Barnes.
Barnes is a better player now. If we had Klay, I'd want Barnes for a legit title run this year. I'm hoping Wiggy can get to that level of dependability. Since Klay is out though this year I think having Wiggins develop is our best bet. Barnes plays his best D as a 4/3. Wiggins shows more lateral quickness to guard the athletic small forwards. He'd replace the role that Iggy had. So Klay guards 1/2, Wiggins 2/3, Dray 4/5, and you mix and match Curry and the 5th player. 

I was down to start the season but Wiggins has proved his worth. Wiggins shows restraint in his shot selection and he's doing well as the #2 option. Next year he can be #3. Plus his defense....potential is there. His +/- is so bad because he plays a lot of minutes with Oubre. Oubre is the absolute worst right now. Kerr needs to give those minutes to Damion Lee, Baze, and Poole  in that order. Oubre is a 1 year rental so no need to develop him. He plays defense and rebounding with great energy, but he can't shoot, can't finish if it's not a dunk, and has low BBIQ. 

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Dray, Wiseman with Paschall off the bench is a nice start. Hopefully they can keep Damion Lee long term. Steph's brother in law deserves it.

Barnes is a better player now. If we had Klay, I'd want Barnes for a legit title run this year. I'm hoping Wiggy can get to that level of dependability. Since Klay is out though this year I think having Wiggins develop is our best bet. Barnes plays his best D as a 4/3. Wiggins shows more lateral quickness to guard the athletic small forwards. He'd replace the role that Iggy had. So Klay guards 1/2, Wiggins 2/3, Dray 4/5, and you mix and match Curry and the 5th player. 

I was down to start the season but Wiggins has proved his worth. His +/- is so bad because he plays a lot of minutes with Oubre. Oubre is the absolute worst right now. Kerr needs to give those minutes to Damion Lee, Baze, and Poole  in that order. Oubre is a 1 year rental so no need to develop him. He plays defense and rebounding with great energy, but he can't shoot, can't finish if it's not a dunk, and has low BBIQ. 

Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Dray, Wiseman with Paschall off the bench is a nice start. Hopefully they can keep Damion Lee long term. Steph's brother in law deserves it.
Good stuff Charlie.  Right there with you on Oubre.  He was awful last night.  And has been pretty bad much of the year.  Not sure what the Warriors saw in him.  The “low BBIQ” comment is the part that resonated most with me.  He’s the opposite of what they usually seem to value.  Almost the opposite of Iggy in every way.

Good stuff Charlie.  Right there with you on Oubre.  He was awful last night.  And has been pretty bad much of the year.  Not sure what the Warriors saw in him.  The “low BBIQ” comment is the part that resonated most with me.  He’s the opposite of what they usually seem to value.  Almost the opposite of Iggy in every way.
I can see why the team took a shot. Big athletic wing that plays defense that shot 35% from 3 last year. Those are rare. Hopefully he has the mental toughness to get through this shooting slump, because 13% should positively regress at some point. If he gets to 35% that should be enough to get him back as a positive contributor. I still prefer the spacing that Damion Lee provides with his 3 pointer, but at that point Oubre would be better than Baze. 

The Oubre signing really shows we have great ownership. They're paying $80 million with no fans at the arena for Kelly F'n Oubre.

Can’t believe they made the sixers play with 7 players today - and they hung in there only losing by 12.  

Maxey with a huge 39/7/6 game (with 33 shots and 44 minutes lol). 

Can’t believe they made the sixers play with 7 players today - and they hung in there only losing by 12.  

yeah, NBA is pretty funny. it would have been called with only 7 players so they forced Mike Scott to dress to make it 8, though he is injured and litera;;y could not play a minute.

Thankfully the NBA pushes to maintain the integrity of the game and we have the same NBA that forced Hinkie from the Sixers and made them put Colangelo in. 

ETA: Hopefully @Sodoku_In_The-Bathtub can come in here and let us know he made a million betting against the Sixers today too

these MIA uniforms tho  :lmao:

I'm with you.  The black ones with a touch of neon were great.   These uniforms are as if Crockett and Tubbs were fabulous.  Needs more glitter.   

I don't have a lot of room to speak however as my Rockets H-Town Oiler blue uniforms are garbage too.  
Screw all of ya... I love the new Uni's.

Ya, Maxey already has passed Ben's career high in points haha.  He looks good though... not 39 points good, but good enough to show potential.

@ShamsCharania

Charlotte rookie LaMelo Ball has become the youngest player in NBA history to record a triple-double.
This and outplaying Luka head-2-head aren't bad accomplishments in first 10 NBA games at 19 years of age. 

Barring injury, very difficult to see someone topping him for ROY. Guy is a magician with the ball and makes everyone around him better. His ability to pass with either hand w/o delay is amazing.

This and outplaying Luka head-2-head aren't bad accomplishments in first 10 NBA games at 19 years of age. 

Barring injury, very difficult to see someone topping him for ROY. Guy is a magician with the ball and makes everyone around him better. His ability to pass with either hand w/o delay is amazing.
He's been flirting with it the last couple of weeks too. Keep working on that shot and the sky is the limit.

Users who are viewing this thread