What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Election General*** (3 Viewers)

Can someone break down for me what would have happened if they tied?

Congress picks president

Senate picks VP

I understand that part of it...are all 4 people eligible for all 4 spots? Could they slot in Trump from President and Biden for VP?

@CourtneyDBryant

BREAKING: Trump campaign files lawsuit in Georgia, seeking to pause the vote count in key battleground state, AP reports.

@JDiamond1

"We're gonna finish tonight," Fulton County Elections Director says of vote counting in this key Georgia Democratic stronghold
There was just a Georgia vote release taking his lead under 50k

I am legitimately worried about what Trump will do in his lame duck months, if that's indeed where we are headed. 

Everyone who actually needs to have a career after him will abandon him and he'll lash out. Its going to be ugly 
What are some of his options? Or could we not even guess because he is so crazy??
Fictional things Trump will do as a lame duck President could make a good topic.

Congress picks president

Senate picks VP

I understand that part of it...are all 4 people eligible for all 4 spots? Could they slot in Trump from President and Biden for VP?
The only way they tie from here is Biden picks up GA and Trump sweeps NV, AZ, PA and NC

But if that happens it goes the House where each state delegation gets one vote -- and by this measure the Republicans would have more votes. 

Good question!  We seemed to have let them slide.  They're at 94% count with Biden down 77,000.  If Biden takes 61% of the remaining 344,000, he could pick up NC, too.

ETA: This is from the A/P-Google link.  Not sure why this remaining count differs so much from what @Anarchy99 posts below.  I used a remaining 6% on 5.3 M votes to date.

LINK

They say they have 117,000 outstanding ballots left to count. But there may still be some provisional ballots left. Trump is up 77,000 votes. That would be tough for Biden to overcome if the 117K number is accurate. 
Plus all the ballots mailed in this week.  They have no idea how many more ballots are coming and they are going to counties all around the state.

Trump is suing to stop the entire vote counting process in Georgia because he believes 53 absentee ballots were turned in late. 

• Sad
Reactions: JAA

Congress picks president

Senate picks VP

First, the Electoral College votes. Each Elector makes 1 vote for President and 1 vote for VP.

Then, the House chooses from the top 3 Presidential candidates. But each state is allocated just 1 vote (so, even though California has 55 Reps, they only get 1 vote and have to decide among themselves who they are going to select).

The Republican party has a huge advantage in this arrangement, so they will most likely vote for Trump. However, if a rogue elector happened to have voted for someone like Mitt Romney -- thus putting him into the top 3 -- then he would be eligible for the House vote for President. So maybe the Republicans would select Mitt? One can dream.

The Senate then votes for the VP, with a more simplified format (each Senator gets 1 vote, and they chose from just Pence or Harris). If there is a tie, then Pence gets to vote for himself to break the tie.

That's it. The President gets sworn in as usual on January 21st.

Biden's transition website is up.

https://buildbackbetter.com/

Either he's hilariously overconfident or he has better information than we do and knows its basically a done deal.
I think part of it is pushback against Trump and his team declaring victories all over the place. There is an element of portraying strength and giving the impression of winning to gain acceptance from the electorate. 

Also it just says this:

The American people will determine who will serve as the next President of the United States. Votes are still being counted in several states around the country. The crises facing the country are severe — from a pandemic to an economic recession, climate change to racial injustice — and the transition team will continue preparing at full speed so that the Biden-Harris Administration can hit the ground running on Day One.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/04/us/politics/trump-fox-news-arizona.html?smid=tw-share

From the residence, Mr. Trump continued making calls to supporters and friends throughout the morning, sounding subdued and somewhat dispirited to some people. Outside the White House, finger-pointing about what went wrong had already begun. Some aides said that Mr. Trump had often resisted entreaties from Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, and Brad Parscale, his former campaign manager, and others to spend more time in Arizona. But they said he had resisted in part because he did not like traveling west and spending the night on the road.

They and several other aides had also tried and failed to get Mr. Trump to stop attacking an Arizona favorite son and war hero, Senator John McCain, a Republican whom the president has continued to criticize even after the senator’s death two years ago.

Georgia lead now down under 45K with 97% reporting.

PA down to 225K at 89%. (needs 20K per 1% reported).
PA updating fast and furiously.

Down to under 210K and showing back at 88% reporting. 

Barring something crazy, at the rate he's destroying this lead, it should be a done deal in a couple hours if they keep up the same rate of reporting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoover never ran for election for any office prior to being elected President.
A tragic figure, because if he had never been President he would have been considered one of our greatest Americans for his actions as Secretary of Commerce after World War I- he saved a million lives in Europe. But instead he became President, the Wall Street Crash hit then the Great Depression (neither his fault) and he is remembered as one of our worst Presidents. 

Users who are viewing this thread