What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (1 Viewer)

November 3, 2020         225,027 deaths 

those deaths are on Trump's watch

the  171,810 attributed between election/inauguration they can share as the power transitioned and both parties had some control

January 20, 2021           396,837 deaths 

today 662,000 deaths about 265,000 more than when Biden took office AND Biden has all the vaccines Trump didn't

Biden ..... boy anyone who heard the big words Joe was speaking on beating covid and no mandatory shots and all that fluff .... ya'll gotta be very very disappointed 
Agreed.  Biden seriously underestimated how ignorant a large percentage of the population is.  His goal was never realistic, as it turns out.

Biden has done everything but drown the horse in the water on covid.   America's antivaxxer epidemic is not on Biden.  It is yet another byproduct of social media and the rot it continues to spread across the country.
Whew, best to stay on your side of the border then.

Agreed.  Biden seriously underestimated how ignorant a large percentage of the population is.  His goal was never realistic, as it turns out.
Because many liberals bought it.  Cause they all wanted to blame Trump for everything covid related. No critical thinking, no reasoning.   Heck remember the days when the us was the worst country for covid?  Worse than even India?  You all bought that too.  It was a fantastic campaign by the dem party to put this all on Trump. 

Few Biden supporters saw it

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Obama set the precedence on impeding transitions .... and if Trump wins in 2024 imagine how Democrats will behave

You think Trump voters are dying off because they're not vaccinated ? 

I think you should do your research on the Obama/Trump transition.  

The short of it is...... Yes, I think there are more Trump voters dying/died because of COVID than non-Trump voters....and with 14 months to go until the mid-terms and the anti-vaccine mindset being galvanized; you are only going to see more.

Between you and @dozer, I don't know who holds onto these talking points more.

Please - PLEASE - tell me how many of these people are being charged for "overturning an election" or "insurrection"?  I mean, for as many times as you guys repeat this 24/7, you CERTAINLY should be able to point to at least one case of this to - at the very least - slightly legitimize your claim, no?

Also, please tell me how a bunch of UNARMED, middle-aged and geriatric folks taking selfies was going to "overturn the election"?  When, in the history of the world, has a government been toppled without the WEAPONS and/or ARMY to back it up?

It's the same story with you guys - amp it up and create as much hyperbole as you can to try and fool the rubes.  The over-the-top drama is enough to earn BOTH of you guys an Academy Award.
nah, it's more like you continue keeping your head buried in the sand.  That is exactly what Trump was trying to do.  For his last two months in office.  Then he unleashed a gullible mob on his own vice-president when he wouldn't do his unconstitutional bidding.  What Trump did that we don't know about doesn't even bear thinking.

But you do you.  It was no big deal, we get your position.

Because many liberals bought it.  Cause they all wanted to blame Trump for everything covid related. No critical thinking, no reasoning.   Heck remember the days when the us was the worst country for covid?  Worse than even India?  You all bought that too.  It was a fantastic campaign by the dem party to put this all on Trump. 

Few Biden supporters saw it
America has been an unmitigated disaster re covid.  Right from the beginning.  And that was Trump's fault on the front end.  I do not think it is Trump's fault that millions of people won't get the vaccine.  Nor do I think it is Biden's fault.  Again, it is social media's fault.  Unfortunately it is the playground for anti-intellectualism and conspiracy theory.

nah, it's more like you continue keeping your head buried in the sand.  That is exactly what Trump was trying to do.  For his last two months in office.  Then he unleashed a gullible mob on his own vice-president when he wouldn't do his unconstitutional bidding.  What Trump did that we don't know about doesn't even bear thinking.

Sounds like you can't answer the question.  

Whew, best to stay on your side of the border then.
Truthfully, I live in a province (Alberta) that is not any better, really.  We have a huge anti-vax movement here.  Our vaccination rates are better than in America, but they are not where they should be.

Can you answer the question please? How many people are being charged for insurrection?

Do you even know what straw man is?  

I'm simply asking you to give me a number of how many people are being charged with insurrection. Surely you can answer that question.
the answer to your silly question is not determinative of whether Trump was trying to overturn a free and fair election.  The question, that you think is clever, is precisely a straw man.  It seeks to recast the debate around a point that is not at all probative of the point being asserted.

the answer to your silly question is not determinative of whether Trump was trying to overturn a free and fair election.  The question, that you think is clever, is precisely a straw man.  It seeks to recast the debate around a point that is not at all probative of the point being asserted.

Can you explain to me how this "overturning the election" would have worked on 1/6?  I need a step by step.  You're going to need to play this out and tell me how a bunch of unarmed, middle-aged and geriatric citizens taking selfies were going to "overturn the election".

Trying to, but nothing that happened on 1/6 qualifies as an insurrection.  Thanks, that's progress.  :thumbup:

A straw man cannot equal the conclusion provided by the other side.  They said INSURRECTION.  It's perfectly ok to ask for evidence for the conclusion they propose.  HTH

Can you explain to me how this "overturning the election" would have worked on 1/6?  I need a step by step.  You're going to need to play this out and tell me how a bunch of unarmed, middle-aged and geriatric citizens taking selfies were going to "overturn the election".
Not to interject myself into your guys slap fight but, are you really minimizing what happened that day internally or is this just hyperbole for and internet argument?  Serious question.  

Trying to, but nothing that happened on 1/6 qualifies as an insurrection.  Thanks, that's progress.  :thumbup:

A straw man cannot equal the conclusion provided by the other side.  They said INSURRECTION.  It's perfectly ok to ask for evidence for the conclusion they propose.  HTH
in·sur·rec·tion

/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

Learn to pronounce

noun

noun: insurrection; plural noun: insurrections

a violent uprising against an authority or government.

Sure seems to me 1/6 fits the literal definition. 🤷🏻‍♂️.   

Not to interject myself into your guys slap fight but, are you really minimizing what happened that day internally or is this just hyperbole for and internet argument?  Serious question.  
Compared to our highest ranking government leaders holding secret meetings without the president and contacting our biggest adversary to discuss military strategy, jan 6th was a nothing burger in terms of threats to our democracy. 

in·sur·rec·tion

/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

Learn to pronounce

noun

You can't get evidence out of a dictionary.   :lmao:

Anybody charged with INSURRECTION?  You know 18 US Code 2383.  That was Blade's question.  HTH

Compared to our highest ranking government leaders holding secret meetings without the president and contacting our biggest adversary to discuss military strategy, jan 6th was a nothing burger in terms of threats to our democracy. 
Ok.  But that’s not what I asked Blade.  Those 2 things both exist and are different acts.  Both can be appalling.  

No matter how big or small what happened on 1/6 was virtually unprecedented in our history. That by definition makes it a big deal.  

Ok.  But that’s not what I asked Blade.  Those 2 things both exist and are different acts.  Both can be appalling.  

No matter how big or small what happened on 1/6 was virtually unprecedented in our history. That by definition makes it a big deal.  
:lmao:   Dictionary LawTM

You can't get evidence out of a dictionary.   :lmao:

Anybody charged with INSURRECTION?  You know 18 US Code 2383.  That was Blade's question.  HTH
The charges are not what I was addressing. You said…. “nothing that happened on 1/6 qualifies as an insurrection”.  The definition of the word insurrection proves that false.  No amount of snark or rolling emojis changes that.  HTH.  

Now do the behavior from the left since 2016 regarding DJT.  What's happening now PALES in comparison to what Trump and his supporters went thru.

Just asking for consistency, that's all.
You really need to stop pretending you arent a Trump supporter when your posts clearly show you are. 

I'm adding context. Jan 6th was an internal squabble. Our speaker of the house and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff held secret meetings and then reached out to CHINA! 

We need the context of these meetings and transcripts of the calls!

The charges are not what I was addressing. You said…. “nothing that happened on 1/6 qualifies as an insurrection”.  The definition of the word insurrection proves that false.  No amount of snark or rolling emojis change that.  HTH.  
:lmao:   I didn't say that.  I was rephrasing what zoonation said. 

in·sur·rec·tion

/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

Learn to pronounce

noun

Yep, as does BLM/Antifa antics over the last two years (and still going on, btw).

I'm adding context. Jan 6th was an internal squabble. Our speaker of the house and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff held secret meetings and then reached out to CHINA! 

We need the context of these meetings and transcripts of the calls!
I completely agree.  But again that’s not what I was asking Blade about.  What happened there was unacceptable and Miley should resign or be held accountable.  But none of that changes what happened on 1/6 which was also unacceptable and unprecedented, it shouldn’t be minimized for partisan talking points.  

I completely agree.  But again that’s not what I was asking Blade about.  What happened there was unacceptable and Miley should resign or be held accountable.  But none of that changes what happened on 1/6 which was also unacceptable and unprecedented, it shouldn’t be minimized for partisan talking points.  
Which was worse has been the topic of discussion for the last 2 or 3 pages.   It started with nothing will ever be as bad as INSURRECTION.  So maybe start there first.

January 6th was also unacceptable.  Let's get that out of the way.

All I'm asking is how 500 of those UNARMED people were going to "overturn the election"?  The hyperbole surrounding this is off the charts.  If you didn't get upset at BLM/Antifa over the last two years, then 1/6 should not have bothered you either.  

Not saying YOU personally, but the collective "you".

I need someone to play the 1/6 out to it's conclusion.  How would these people have "overturned the election" with no weapons or army backing them up?

Ok.  So was it or wasn’t it an insurrection?  And feel free to include as many rolling emojis in the answer as you need. 
You seem lost. Let me help you out:

Between you and @dozer, I don't know who holds onto these talking points more.

Please - PLEASE - tell me how many of these people are being charged for "overturning an election" or "insurrection"?  I mean, for as many times as you guys repeat this 24/7, you CERTAINLY should be able to point to at least one case of this to - at the very least - slightly legitimize your claim, no?

Also, please tell me how a bunch of UNARMED, middle-aged and geriatric folks taking selfies was going to "overturn the election"?  When, in the history of the world, has a government been toppled without the WEAPONS and/or ARMY to back it up?

It's the same story with you guys - amp it up and create as much hyperbole as you can to try and fool the rubes.  The over-the-top drama is enough to earn BOTH of you guys an Academy Award.
Dictionary answers don't count!

Agreed.  So why do you feel the need to minimize what happened on 1/6? 

*for clarification, I’m asking seriously, not playing any slap fighting.  

I'm not minimizing it.  :shrug:

It literally was a bunch of middle-aged, geriatric and UNARMED citizens.  Key word being "unarmed".

January 6th was also unacceptable.  Let's get that out of the way.

All I'm asking is how 500 of those UNARMED people were going to "overturn the election"?  The hyperbole surrounding this is off the charts.  If you didn't get upset at BLM/Antifa over the last two years, then 1/6 should not have bothered you either.  

Not saying YOU personally, but the collective "you".

I need someone to play the 1/6 out to it's conclusion.  How would these people have "overturned the election" with no weapons or army backing them up?
Thank you for the answer.  

The point I’m trying to get at with pinning you down was you’re playing the Partisan politics game too by minimizing what happened that day, same as those that are overdramatizing what happened that day as the worst thing ever.  Both sides need to stop with the bull#### if we’re ever going to move the conversation forward.  

You really need to stop pretending you arent a Trump supporter when your posts clearly show you are. 

I'm not sure if you have a physical limitation or if you're being obtuse on purpose.  I voted for Trump twice, but I held my nose.

What bothers me is the hypocrisy.  Does that compute?  Are you able to understand that?  Tap the table twice if you understand.

The point I’m trying to get at with pinning you down was you’re playing the Partisan politics game too by minimizing what happened that day, same as those that are overdramatizing what happened that day has the worst thing ever.  Both sides need to stop with the bull#### if we’re ever going to move the conversation forward.  
It would make sense to me if you would have called out those that have repeatedly stated "Trump is the worst ever because of INSURRECTION", in the Biden thread no less, instead of calling out the guy who simply asked for proof.  

The point I’m trying to get at with pinning you down was you’re playing the Partisan politics game too by minimizing what happened that day, same as those that are overdramatizing what happened that day has the worst thing ever.  Both sides need to stop with the bull#### if we’re ever going to move the conversation forward.  

Fair enough, thank you.

I feel like we need to combat the drama by phrasing it how it actually was.  40 threads on 1/6 (started by one guy for the most part) and then amped up with rhetoric about overturning an election 24/7 is absurd.  And then this is all an excuse for Joe Biden to be terrible?

Hypocrisy is what I hate.

It would make sense to me if you would have called out those that have repeatedly stated "Trump is the worst ever because of INSURRECTION", in the Biden thread no less, instead of calling out the guy who simply asked for proof.  
Tony it wasn’t a call out. You said it wasn’t an insurrection I replied that via the definition of the word it was, simple as that. As I said in my replies to blade both sides are acting extreme in regards to what happened on 1/6. No shocker. It’s the world we live in today. You’re playing it too.  Either way I’m done playing with you, it’s a tiresome boring game.  

Tony it wasn’t a call out. You said it wasn’t an insurrection I replied that via the definition of the word it was, simple as that. As I said in my replies to blade both sides are acting extreme in regards to what happened on 1/6. No shocker. It’s the world we live in today. You’re playing it too.  Either way I’m done playing with you, it’s a tiresome boring game.  

I didn't say that.  I was rephrasing what zoonation said. 
:shrug:

Being able to read ought to be a requirement for typing up posts in a forum.  

Good to see that Joe had free time to go to CA and campaign for Newsom, I guess he had nothing more important to do, I. E. COVID-19 outbreak, etc, a real people’s president.

Good to see that Joe had free time to go to CA and campaign for Newsom, I guess he had nothing more important to do, I. E. COVID-19 outbreak, etc, a real people’s president.
Are you suggesting that a president should not be available to assist his party politically going forward?   You must have hated the trump years?  Or any other presidency before that?

it’s part of the job.  

zoonation said:
You don't?  I mean, after what happened in the 2020 election, I could understand feeling things were trending this way but...

re·pub·lic

/rəˈpəblik/

Learn to pronounce

noun

a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Users who are viewing this thread