What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good.  But there is a reason half the population hates the media, because of their effort demonize whites and conservatives.  I find the divisive politics of the left pitting everyone against white conservatives as the most disgusting effort of modern day politics. 
Drink!

I think that your definition of the MSM may be way more inclusive than mine. I agree that many of Jon’s ideas were originated on right wing talk shows on radio and television: Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin, etc. Rush Limbaugh in particular created a media empire based on white victimhood- but I don’t regard any of this as MSM. 
It's all part of it, from the fringe whackos on the left to the fringe whackos on the right.  There was a time a distinction was warranted, not any longer.  It's gotten worse and worse the more and more they desire your time.  They are basically two sides of the same coin now and it's time to recognize that and stop giving them what they want.  

FWIW, jon agrees with you.  He's asserted here that FoxNews is NOT part of the MSM.

Why are you defending a statement about conservatives with a screed about white people?
Because the left has made the dividing line all about race.   If you have not noticed, media and politics is mostly focused on racial politics and molding the narrative to advance this view.

It's all part of it, from the fringe whackos on the left to the fringe whackos on the right.  There was a time a distinction was warranted, not any longer.  It's gotten worse and worse the more and more they desire your time.  They are basically two sides of the same coin now and it's time to recognize that and stop giving them what they want.  

FWIW, jon agrees with you.  He's asserted here that FoxNews is NOT part of the MSM.
Actually- this gets a little nuanced. 
1. Fox News (the reporting, Chris Wallace, etc) IS part of the mainstream media. 
2. Fox News opinion shows are not part of the MSM, they are editorial programs. 
3. Same for MSNBC and CNN opinion shows- they are not part of the MSM. 
3. There are certain shows that blur the lines- Don Lemon for example, which is sometimes opinion and sometimes straight news reporting. I wouldn’t be able to define that. 

The majority of Democrat/lean Democrat voters are white. 
That is not really true, depends what you mean by white.  There are two numbers for counting 'whites', one is 'white" and one is "white alone not Hispanic or Latino".  According to the census, 73% identify as white.  But if you dig deeper, only 60% identify as white but also don't consider themselves Hispanic or Latino.  The number that Pew gives say 60% of Democratic voters are white and 84% of Republican voters are white.  That aligns up with the 73% number which includes hispanic/latinos who consider themselves white, not the 60% number of Americans who consider themselves as white only.  The real number of Democrats who consider themselves white only would be somewhere in the mid 40's percentage range, eventhough Pew's wordage would lead you to believe otherwise.  Unless you really believe the US Census data is incorrect. 

I can't imagine anyone watching anything on TV or seeing how social media censors content and not see the racial war which is happening against whites in portraying them as the root of all evil.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a slogan.  You guys are so two-faced.  On one hand the claim is well defund the police does not really mean that.  But when people say stop the steal, we must take the most obnoxiously extreme interpretation and claim they intended to overthrow the government and kill people.  You are so full of it.  You view conservatives as animals.  
so is defund the police...It's ironic you accuse everyone of being two-faced except yourself.  

I can't imagine anyone watching anything on TV or seeing how social media censors content and not see the racial war which is happening against whites in portraying them as the root of all evil.  
I see the exact opposite.  What I see is many of us realizing the injustices that minorities (not just blacks: women, LGBTQ, Asians, Hispanics, Jews,  Jets fans) have had to endure and are trying to come together.

I can see how people that resist change could see it as a war but I don't see it that way.

ETA:  I am not saying you're wrong for feeling the way that you do, I am just explaining my point of view

Actually- this gets a little nuanced. 
1. Fox News (the reporting, Chris Wallace, etc) IS part of the mainstream media. 
2. Fox News opinion shows are not part of the MSM, they are editorial programs. 
3. Same for MSNBC and CNN opinion shows- they are not part of the MSM. 
3. There are certain shows that blur the lines- Don Lemon for example, which is sometimes opinion and sometimes straight news reporting. I wouldn’t be able to define that. 
You've created a construct that pretty much no one else follows and personally, I don't think it's worth the effort.  There was a time where these distinctions mattered.  They don't any longer.  All these stations are designed to farm attention.  That's it.  They aren't reporting objectively reporting anymore and they aren't even hiding it.

That is not really true, depends what you mean by white.  There are two numbers for counting 'whites', one is 'white" and one is "white alone not Hispanic or Latino".  According to the census, 73% identify as white.  But if you dig deeper, only 60% identify as white but also don't consider themselves Hispanic or Latino.  The number that Pew gives say 60% of Democratic voters are white and 84% of Republican voters are white.  That aligns up with the 73% number which includes hispanic/latinos who consider themselves white, not the 60% number of Americans who consider themselves as white only.  The real number of Democrats who consider themselves white only would be somewhere in the mid 40's percentage range, eventhough Pew's wordage would lead you to believe otherwise.  Unless you really believe the US Census data is incorrect. 

Dude, seriously- time to find some new outlets.  

Okay, let’s assume we’re talking about non-Hispanic whites. That’s 40+% of Democrats based on your own stated assumptions. So the largest racial demographic of Democrats is white (by a long shot). Why do you keep conflating “conservative” with “white” in your posts? It’s confounding. The largest racial demographic of Democrats is white. There are millions of conservatives and Republicans who are not white. 

based on our country demographics and even split of parties, wouldn't the biggest population of voters for each be white? 

@AdamKinzinger

I just called Officer Fanone and confirmed this story. This is really incredible. Also relayed an interaction he had with another members Chief of Staff that was really incredibly bad and disrespectful.

@RepSwalwell

#BREAKING Officer Fanone just ran into @Rep_Clyde at Capitol (he’s the “Jan 6 was a typical tour” guy). Fanone introduced himself as “someone who fought to defend the Capitol” and put out his hand. Clyde refused to shake it. To honor Trump, @housegop will dishonor the police.
https://twitter.com/AdamKinzinger/status/1405247293801078793?s=20

#Riversco

another tourist video

This looks just like the marches for social justice that came down my street last summer.
Far more peaceful than hundreds of violent riots which took place last summer.  Sure 93% of BLM protests were peaceful, but so were 99% of Trump rallies. The amount of cherry picking it takes to support this liberal narrative is astounding. 
I don't question the narrative that both groups were 95%+ or whatever peaceful, but obviously several people in this video are felons who should be removed from a civil society for a long time.

A violent mob summoned to the nation’s capital by the loser President to coddle his deep-seated issues with his fragile ego? ✅
Meh.  The BLM/Antifa insurrections makes that look like a picnic with a few friends in the park.  

Besides, it was a Mostly Peaceful Protest anyways.  Not sure why you use the word "violent".

Meh.  The BLM/Antifa insurrections makes that look like a picnic with a few friends in the park.  

Besides, it was a Mostly Peaceful Protest anyways.  Not sure why you use the word "violent".
Because people were dragged out of a building and beaten, people died, hundreds of officers injured. Seems violent to me.

Repeat after me…Summer Protests and January 6th have nothing to do with one another.  No matter how bad either were it doesn’t make the other any better.

On a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being non violent and dangerous and 10 being extremely violent and dangerous please rate the BLM riots versus Jan 6th.
This is a terrible game show idea.

Does this make you feel better about Trump’s role in this? Rate it on a scale of 1-10.

On a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being non violent and dangerous and 10 being extremely violent and dangerous please rate the BLM riots versus Jan 6th.
That’s pretty easy since there were no BLM riots. The rioting that occurred last summer had no real connection with the Black Lives Matter protests. 

It's okay guys, I would probably admit defeat if I were you too.  You can't call Jan 6th a violent insurrection and dismiss summer riots and be taken seriously.
Does this make you feel better about the failed attempts by Trump to overturn the election, his mob attacking police, his continued imaginary fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread