What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help but chuckle at the fact that even parts of the Oath Keepers organization are speaking out against their own without drawing false equivalence or shouting "hypocrisy!!!!!!!!", but here?  It was "no big deal".  

Besides literally everybody else in these threads who said they were against the violence/looting over the summer? 

That whole thread that was started with a poll about said violence/rioting too?  

But I guess that doesn't let you beat your "but BLM!" drum quite as loud? 
It's all over in the BLM thread.  It can be read there but it's likely not good enough since some people made the distinction between protests and riots even though those same people made the same distinction here as well.  

Umbrella man 

I think it’s reasonable to point out that during the blm protests, there was a lot of the same groups- proud boys, oathkeepers- that were showing up and causing further trouble, and in some cases promoting the looting. 
Reading through some of the Jan 6th indictments, they talk of “night hunting”. They were actively looking for people to assault. This happened all summer. It doesn’t excuse the looting and the violence, but there was a militant counter protest contingent as well that one could argue was there to fan the flames, at least in some cases.

On January 5, Proud Boys and other seditious Trump supporters psych themselves up for the insurrection by burning a Black Lives Matter flag.

There is a lot coming out about the planning and preparation of the insurrection at the Capitol.
Will be interesting if the FBI releases the hours and hours of audio from that Zello app they used to communicate through the whole thing.  Between that app and the use of Parler, it's rather clear they weren't concerned about keeping it secret.  Oh, and yeah, there was no coordination.  10s of thousands of people just happen to be listening and conversing on Zello that day about what was going on 😉 😉 

Will be interesting if the FBI releases the hours and hours of audio from that Zello app they used to communicate through the whole thing.  Between that app and the use of Parler, it's rather clear they weren't concerned about keeping it secret.  Oh, and yeah, there was no coordination.  10s of thousands of people just happen to be listening and conversing on Zello that day about what was going on 😉 😉 
It'll also be interesting to see if the FBI releases the cell phone data. There may have been contact between the Proud Boys and someone in the White House.

Also, 

The news comes after the leader of the Proud Boys, Enrique Tarrio, told the Times that he spoke on the phone with Roger Stone, a close associate of Trump, at a rally in front of Senator Marco Rubio's home a few days before the Capitol attack.

Videos from before the riot show Stone being guarded by six people who were members of The Oath Keepers, a militant anti-government extremist group.

What is an alias account exactly?  Honest question.
It's how you are accessing this forum.  I'm guessing your other username is on a lengthy timeout.  Your profile states that you just joined FBG's as a poster in October of 2020 (not all that long ago).  And yet, you said this on Friday to Molecule, who has posted on these forums since Old Yellar days (2001ish):

On 6/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, moleculo said:

some of us "liberals" have only been liberal since 2016 or so.  careful with your broad brush.

Dude I know you from way back and you’ve always been Liberal.
So if you've known about Molecule's posting styles from 'way back' (your words) but you just joined FBG in Oct. 2020 would you care to explain yourself or nah?

Gilroy outed himself too.  The uneven moderation of alias accounts on here is ridiculous.  Either permit them or ban them outright but to be selective on who gets to use them?  Silly.

It's how you are accessing this forum.  I'm guessing your other username is on a lengthy timeout.  Your profile states that you just joined FBG's as a poster in October of 2020 (not all that long ago).  And yet, you said this on Friday to Molecule, who has posted on these forums since Old Yellar days (2001ish):

So if you've known about Molecule's posting styles from 'way back' (your words) but you just joined FBG in Oct. 2020 would you care to explain yourself or nah?

Gilroy outed himself too.  The uneven moderation of alias accounts on here is ridiculous.  Either permit them or ban them outright but to be selective on who gets to use them?  Silly.
LOL - The only person outing themselves is you being paranoid of anyone with opposing views to yourself.  Go ahead and complain to moderaters I have nothing to hide.  

LOL - The only person outing themselves is you being paranoid of anyone with opposing views to yourself.  Go ahead and complain to moderaters I have nothing to hide.  
Opposing view points make the world go round.  I am merely asking for uniform moderation wrt alias account usage.  You've outed yourself multiple times, Noonan/Sneegor. 

Can we PLEASE keep this thread about Jan 6?!  I keep clicking thinking there's new developments and it's the same people complaining about BLM. There's a whole thread for that and 100000000000000% unrelated to what happened on 1/6.
Breaking news: antifa/fbi/blm all conspired to break into the Capitol and give people a harmless tour.

Look at freaking Inspector Clouseau here! 

Those 21 reps are embarrassments - not to the GOP but to the human race.
As I lied in bed last night suffering from my insomnia I remembered many years back when I used to listen to right wing radio and a frequent message was that from time to time the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants. 

What happened on 1/6/21 has been teased for a 10+ years now. This fantasy that John Q Public could and would be seen as a great hero by history the way the founders are. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I’m not on a lengthy timeout.  I’ve never been perma-banned, and this is my only account.

The reason the Capitol was stormed was because of a complete lack of security for an event that large.  The complete lack of fairness and consistency is counter to our equal protection clause which the left has completely abandoned.  
I hope in five years you may be able to look back and reanalyze this post. From a pure argument and logic perspective, as well as from a constitutional analysis perspective, this may be one of the worst posts this board has seen. 

I hope in five years you may be able to look back and reanalyze this post. From a pure argument and logic perspective, as well as from a constitutional analysis perspective, this may be one of the worst posts this board has seen. 
Lol...I am confident in my assessment.  I have already been proven correct based on the charges.  For all the complete BS about a deadly armed insurection of the Capitol, there were no murder chargers, were no gun charges, there were no charges of treason.  The narrative was a complete and utter lie.  Not that it was a great thing, but the hyperventilation by the media and their outright lies disgusts me and in 10 years from now I will still find a lying media disgusting.  And I mean totally disgusted. 

Lol...I am confident in my assessment.  I have already been proven correct based on the charges.  For all the complete BS about a deadly armed insurection of the Capitol, there were no murder chargers, were no gun charges, there were no charges of treason.  The narrative was a complete and utter lie.  Not that it was a great thing, but the hyperventilation by the media and their outright lies disgusts me and in 10 years from now I will still find a lying media disgusting.  And I mean totally disgusted. 
This means in 10 years he still won't admit he was on the wrong side of history.

Putin thanks you

1. You place the blame on the riot because of a "lack of security for an event that large." This is bad logic for two reasons. First, this was not an "event." The rioters did not have a permit. (see here: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem-plaskett-says-jan-6-rally-didnt-have-permit-until-trump-stepped-in) so there was no duty for anything to be "secured." Now, perhaps Capitol police could have been better prepared because they should have realized the attendees at the Save America rally (note: their permit did not cover the Capitol building) would have been violent, but there's no arguably legal duty. 2. You placing blame on the "security" of the event is akin to blaming a rape victim for wearing provocative clothing. I hope I don't need to further explain why that's deadful logic. 

2. I have no idea how you can legitimately assert the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment to this issue. What's the immutable class and how is any government action discriminatory? I see none to either question. So I can only assume you threw something out there you heard in a high school civics class or something. 

Well, not sure guys who bought into the Russian Dossier should be making jokes about people being fooled by Putin or any Russians for that matter.
Who initially hired Fusion to create the Dossier?  I heard it was started during the primaries to bring up dirt on Trump by other Conservatives.  Has that been debunked?

HRC and Team FTW!
Hmmm.  Sounds like it may have been well under way before HRC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steele_dossier

In October 2015, Fusion GPS was contracted by conservative political website The Washington Free Beacon to provide general opposition research on Trump and other Republican presidential candidates. Separately, in April 2016, an attorney for Hillary Clinton's campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) hired Fusion GPS to investigate Trump, while the Free Beacon stopped its backing in May 2016.

Hey - you guys fell for the Russian Dossier too.  :thumbup:
Do they know what Republican in the Primary initiated it?  Or who it was initiated in support of?

It's kind of weird when you hear all the complaints about the Dossier and the Mueller report, and both of them were initiated by Republicans.

Lol...I am confident in my assessment.  I have already been proven correct based on the charges.  For all the complete BS about a deadly armed insurection of the Capitol, there were no murder chargers, were no gun charges, there were no charges of treason.  The narrative was a complete and utter lie.  Not that it was a great thing, but the hyperventilation by the media and their outright lies disgusts me and in 10 years from now I will still find a lying media disgusting.  And I mean totally disgusted
Drink! Drink! Drink!

Also, I’m not sure, but I think the above post may actually contradict whatever point you were trying to make with respect to the Equal Protection Clause.  But perhaps you could clarify how you see the Equal Protection Clause implicated here. 

Drink! Drink! Drink!

Also, I’m not sure, but I think the above post may actually contradict whatever point you were trying to make with respect to the Equal Protection Clause.  But perhaps you could clarify how you see the Equal Protection Clause implicated here. 
No contradiction at all.  So far the prosecutions have been reasonable.  My issue is with people who want to throw the book at January 6th protestors while being apologists for BLM.  

No contradiction at all.  So far the prosecutions have been reasonable.  My issue is with people who want to throw the book at January 6th protestors while being apologists for BLM.  
So.... nobody around here? 

Or are you actually saying just BLM in general, and not saying throw the book at people who caused the violence and looting? 

There are gun charges. Do your research.

Link

With so many investigations ongoing and the cases being built, are you really that surprised no one has been charged with treason? This was a planned and coordinated attack- and I think that will be shown in time. The cases are being built, and it will reach into the halls of Congress so the cases need to be airtight. I know these are big allegations; I ask that you wait and see what happens. It wasn’t a spontaneous idea on the 6th to breach the Capitol, it wasn’t a false flag attack by antifa or the fbi. It was Roger stone, Ali Alexander, proud boys, oathkeepers, and members of Congress (gosar, Biggs) and the Trump administration putting a plan into action. 

The question is, when the major arrests begin happening, will you dismiss it as a political witch hunt or will you open your eyes and see the truth?

I'm assuming this question is rhetorical in nature, yes?
I think jonmx is more reasonable than most people here think. I think at some point a lot of Trump supporters will have to come to the realization that he wasn’t the best president and that he was in fact a criminal who sold out the country. 

I’ll also admit that there’s a possibility these arrests never happen and I may have to accept that maybe I’m wrong. I don’t think I am, most of these people have openly bragged on camera about their actions.

There are gun charges. Do your research.

Link

With so many investigations ongoing and the cases being built, are you really that surprised no one has been charged with treason? This was a planned and coordinated attack- and I think that will be shown in time. The cases are being built, and it will reach into the halls of Congress so the cases need to be airtight. I know these are big allegations; I ask that you wait and see what happens. It wasn’t a spontaneous idea on the 6th to breach the Capitol, it wasn’t a false flag attack by antifa or the fbi. It was Roger stone, Ali Alexander, proud boys, oathkeepers, and members of Congress (gosar, Biggs) and the Trump administration putting a plan into action. 

The question is, when the major arrests begin happening, will you dismiss it as a political witch hunt or will you open your eyes and see the truth?
There's a reason why Enrique Tarrio is cooperating with the FBI, and I doubt its to round up all the trespassers.

I think jonmx is more reasonable than most people here think. I think at some point a lot of Trump supporters will have to come to the realization that he wasn’t the best president and that he was in fact a criminal who sold out the country. 

I’ll also admit that there’s a possibility these arrests never happen and I may have to accept that maybe I’m wrong. I don’t think I am, most of these people have openly bragged on camera about their actions.
Oh, i thought when you were talking about the events of Jan 6 in that comment, not about Trump.  Jon's already said he didn't like Trump and thought he was terrible.  It's rather clear his mind is made up on Jan 6 events.

This is a week old but there's already 480 arrests. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol-riot-arrests-latest-2021-06-18/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread