What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN rumoring that trump told staff not to pay Rudy.  That's awesome!   :lmao:  
The Washington Post is also reporting that Trump has instructed aides to not pay Rudy -- AND, Trump has demanded that he personally approve ANY reimbursement requests made by Rudy.

Big controversy  at my daughters’ university, John C Eastman is a professor of Law at Chapman, and one of Trump’s attorneys. He stood next to Giuliani at the podium on Wednesday and helped to encourage the crowd. The students and much of the faculty want him removed. The President of the University won’t do it. 
Expand  
Of all the ridiculously incompetent, typo-riddled and meritless "I'm suing because I lost" lawsuits that were filed for Trump over the past two months, Eastman wrote One of the dumbest.  He's also the guy who developed the racist Harris birther theory that Newsweek stunningly published a few months ago.  He's not fit to teach anywhere outside of Trump University.
And he's out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Washington Post is also reporting that Trump has instructed aides to not pay Rudy -- AND, Trump has demanded that he personally approve ANY reimbursement requests made by Rudy.
Wait until after he leaves office and all of the scorpions are attacking each other

Listen - I know we mostly all agree - Storming the Capitol was no bueno.  And whether you believe the election was stolen whatever.  But I'm sorry - I dont care who you support but this Rudy quote is absolute gold.  I'm sorry we needed some levity.

I was referencing the kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England," Giuliani told Samuels. "When Tyrion, who is a very small man, is accused of murder. He didn't commit murder, he can't defend himself, and he hires a champion to defend him."

It's unclear who Giuliani is referring to as the Tyrion in this story.

:oldunsure:

ETA: I assume that quote is correct in the article.  I'm just posting what was quoted....  

Listen - I know we mostly all agree - Storming the Capital was no bueno.  And whether you believe the election was stolen whatever.  But I'm sorry - I dont care who you support but this Rudy quote is absolute gold.  I'm sorry we needed some levity.

I was referencing the kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England," Giuliani told Samuels. "When Tyrion, who is a very small man, is accused of murder. He didn't commit murder, he can't defend himself, and he hires a champion to defend him."

It's unclear who Giuliani is referring to as the Tyrion in this story.

:oldunsure:
Reminds me of when my wife and I were watching Game of Thrones years ago, and we were talking about something about the show and she said, "Well, back then ..." and I said, "Wait, what do you mean, 'back then'?"

Insurrections don't fund themselves.

So to this point.... Let's say these groups can't use big tech again (I don't care what side of the coin you are)... But if extremist groups of any affiliation are not using tech will it be harder to monitor? Will it be less because fringe people can't be reached?

Just spitballing
Back in the mid 90's as the innernets was getting it's feet under itself, I became enamored with conspiracy theorists. The more I dug around, the further toward the fringes I would go but there was always another board to go to or another way to trade messages. I quickly got over that and came back to reality but my point is, there will always be a way for them to communicate. All the major social platforms will shut them down soon if not already but they will just migrate out to the fringes and my guess would be land somewhere between the dark web and sending homing pigeons back & forth.

I can tell you one thing they learned from this last little dust up...don't take your phone with you. It's cool that we are using that tech to apprehend a lot of these people but was it really necessary to tell the world how we are doing it?

Insurrections don't fund themselves.

Back in the mid 90's as the innernets was getting it's feet under itself, I became enamored with conspiracy theorists. The more I dug around, the further toward the fringes I would go but there was always another board to go to or another way to trade messages. I quickly got over that and came back to reality but my point is, there will always be a way for them to communicate. All the major social platforms will shut them down soon if not already but they will just migrate out to the fringes and my guess would be land somewhere between the dark web and sending homing pigeons back & forth.

I can tell you one thing they learned from this last little dust up...don't take your phone with you. It's cool that we are using that tech to apprehend a lot of these people but was it really necessary to tell the world how we are doing it?
WhatsApp is the platform for secure communication. 

So to this point.... Let's say these groups can't use big tech again (I don't care what side of the coin you are)... But if extremist groups of any affiliation are not using tech will it be harder to monitor? Will it be less because fringe people can't be reached?

Just spitballing
I absolutely believe this to be true. Eventually we always find them, but it will take more time until we figure out where they scatter to. 

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Brutal to read - story of 3 metro police officers guarding the capitol and how they thought they were going to die.  Includes the story of the officer who was heard screaming in the doorway  

DC Police Officers speak out
Oh man.

He recalled being tased "half a dozen times" and rioters grabbing gear off his vest, ripping away his badge, taking his ammunition magazines and trying to get a hold of his gun.

I remember guys chanting, like, 'Kill him with his own gun'

This is similar to the above and just crazy to hear what the cops at the scene went through for 2-3 hours while the President refused to send in help.

https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1350082811689107456?s=21

Also they support the idea this was a define planned government takeover. The police said the insurrectionists were appealing to the cops to walk arm in arm with them and take over the government.
His response to people that helped him get out was great.

The conclusion I have come to is - Thank you, but #### You for being there

This is similar to the above and just crazy to hear what the cops at the scene went through for 2-3 hours while the President refused to send in help.

Also they support the idea this was a define planned government takeover. The police said the insurrectionists were appealing to the cops to walk arm in arm with them and take over the government.
Early on, I didn't think it was an actual real attempt to takeover anything. The more videos I watch, it's clear that it was.

Brutal to read - story of 3 metro police officers guarding the capitol and how they thought they were going to die.  Includes the story of the officer who was heard screaming in the doorway  

DC Police Officers speak out

@Stealthycat

Seems like lives were in danger, no?

@Stealthycat

Seems like lives were in danger, no?
anytime there are riots/looting/violent protesting lives are in danger - this isn't new

ask anyone in any of the neighborhoods that BLM/ANTIFA etc burned to the ground over the last 4 years how they felt - Democrats were visibly missing from all those incidents

and that's the incredible hypocrisy that seems to elude people and I don't understand it

anytime there are riots/looting/violent protesting lives are in danger - this isn't new

ask anyone in any of the neighborhoods that BLM/ANTIFA etc burned to the ground over the last 4 years how they felt - Democrats were visibly missing from all those incidents

and that's the incredible hypocrisy that seems to elude people and I don't understand it
You were very upset by AOC saying she felt her life was in danger for some reason. 

The article didn't say that he was a "BLM activist", only that he believed that the lives of blacks mattered.
Yeah, it's interesting the article capitalized "Black Lives Matter". It could be that he was saying "black lives matter" instead. But, he clearly is an activist and has protested things that are typically linked with liberals and not Trump conservatives. Whatever the truth is, this will definitely be used to push the idea that Antifa played a big role in the events of January 6.

You were very upset by AOC saying she felt her life was in danger for some reason. 
she is lobbying to stop speech and words that are not accurate/true and then said many many were almost assassinated - that was in no way, shape or form accurate or true IMO but if she gets her way, conservatives WILL be targeted and not liberals and that much surely you can agree with and THAT is upsetting as an American absolutely 

she is lobbying to stop speech and words that are not accurate/true and then said many many were almost assassinated - that was in no way, shape or form accurate or true IMO but if she gets her way, conservatives WILL be targeted and not liberals and that much surely you can agree with and THAT is upsetting as an American absolutely 
I don't know what any of this means.

Laury said she also witnessed officers on the front lines of the Capitol building getting beaten with metal poles, in addition to be sprayed with bear mace and other chemical irritants.

Police speak out

When was the last time a group of thousands swarmed your office, broke windows to crawl in, dragged cops out the door, beat them, then roamed the building chanting hang your boss?
See this post by @Stealthycat for the answer to this.  

In short, she's using that as an excuse to curtail free speech like all good Communist regimes.  Somebody once said, "Never let a crisis go to waste" (Rahm Emmanuel).  That's EXACTLY what she's doing.

I fought in the first Gulf War, so 30 years ago was the last time for me.

Laury said she also witnessed officers on the front lines of the Capitol building getting beaten with metal poles, in addition to be sprayed with bear mace and other chemical irritants.
Now imagine what it was like in the middle of the Antifa/BLM riots where actual cities were being burned and looted and innocent citizens being beaten because they were white. 

Sorry, but the fake outrage just doesn't work anymore when you use it selectively.  :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread