What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Penny Stocks Gambling 2021 (1 Viewer)

What I find most interesting about this right now is that positive PRs are not even making a smidgen of a difference right now.  This is a full on market correction.  I am a fairly new investor, but I figure the only way to get through this is to just ride it out and hope that the companies keep making strides toward a better future.

I don't think companies are really affected by the stock price unless they are looking to raise capital, so as long as they can continue operations, we will get through this and hopefully be stronger for it in the end.  I don't mind the waiting if I feel there is a good chance of coming up aces on the other end. 

Anybody else got any thoughts on that?  
I'm pretty new at this too, so I'm using this as a learning exercise and trying to analyze each stock on it's own instead of panicking that "all penny stocks" are down. Which they are.

So my plan moving forward is to treat them as such, because there are some reasons why I'm in them in the first place (mainly because you are my drug dealer but that's a different story.)

CBBT: The merger still hasn't been officially announced, so I gotta believe this one rebounds. At any rate, the original target was .10, and we are at .1575 at the moment. Gonna hold. I've sold off some to free roll and took some profit already. I think once they announce the merger I'll sell it all.

AITX: I sold off my son's investment yesterday and half of my holding on this one. I do like the technology here and will ride out the rest for awhile, but I took a fair amount of profit here.

DPLS: I just believe in this one long term. They have a cool technology and they signed a lease for a facility. Free rolling here too, but I'm not selling any of this one.

TSNP: Waiting on when they switch their trading symbol to HMBL.  This one to me has some real potential if HUMBL really takes off.

Still doing more research on these. I'm in on these but not a lot of dollars.

XMET: This one has stayed relatively stable during all this chaos, which tells me something. What? Not sure, but again, I'm only in a small amount here.

WDLF: A new one for me - just picked some up late last week. Another small investment.

RBNW: Another new one I'm in cheap (only $165 invested). 

HCMC: Another cheap one. I'm in the positive on this one so I may sell them off. I like they have some healthy lifestyle stuff in their holdings, but the vaping thing they hold is not my bag. Anything smoking/vaping related I don't really want to be in.

GTEH: The total FOMO play.  :lol:    

ETFM: I got in after the indoor air quality announcement yesterday. I'm sort of in this field with HVAC, so at least they have something I can track and relate to. Another small amount.

My strategy with these are just to dip a toe in. I'm not in any of these for more that $300-$400. Most of them are less than $100. I'm not experienced enough to buy a million stocks of anything right now. That time will come. But I've been able to hit a lot of singles and doubles here, and that's my plan for now. 

I'm pretty new at this too, so I'm using this as a learning exercise and trying to analyze each stock on it's own instead of panicking that "all penny stocks" are down. Which they are.

So my plan moving forward is to treat them as such, because there are some reasons why I'm in them in the first place (mainly because you are my drug dealer but that's a different story.)

CBBT: The merger still hasn't been officially announced, so I gotta believe this one rebounds. At any rate, the original target was .10, and we are at .1575 at the moment. Gonna hold. I've sold off some to free roll and took some profit already. I think once they announce the merger I'll sell it all.

AITX: I sold off my son's investment yesterday and half of my holding on this one. I do like the technology here and will ride out the rest for awhile, but I took a fair amount of profit here.

DPLS: I just believe in this one long term. They have a cool technology and they signed a lease for a facility. Free rolling here too, but I'm not selling any of this one.

TSNP: Waiting on when they switch their trading symbol to HMBL.  This one to me has some real potential if HUMBL really takes off.

Still doing more research on these. I'm in on these but not a lot of dollars.

XMET: This one has stayed relatively stable during all this chaos, which tells me something. What? Not sure, but again, I'm only in a small amount here.

WDLF: A new one for me - just picked some up late last week. Another small investment.

RBNW: Another new one I'm in cheap (only $165 invested). 

HCMC: Another cheap one. I'm in the positive on this one so I may sell them off. I like they have some healthy lifestyle stuff in their holdings, but the vaping thing they hold is not my bag. Anything smoking/vaping related I don't really want to be in.

GTEH: The total FOMO play.  :lol:    

ETFM: I got in after the indoor air quality announcement yesterday. I'm sort of in this field with HVAC, so at least they have something I can track and relate to. Another small amount.

My strategy with these are just to dip a toe in. I'm not in any of these for more that $300-$400. Most of them are less than $100. I'm not experienced enough to buy a million stocks of anything right now. That time will come. But I've been able to hit a lot of singles and doubles here, and that's my plan for now. 
Yes, I think we both really started to pay attention to this stuff toward the end of last summer.  And yes, I think our portfolios look very similar as far as what stocks we own.  

I do not have any CBBT (sold waaaay too early), TSNP (regret), WDLF, or RBNW.

In addition, I still have my UNVC, obviously.  I also bought a little bit of SBES and PHIL.  Tailing someone on SBES and total speculative play on PHIL. 

8 days red if it doesn't turn around today.  

I look at it like this.  If I had set this all up on January 3rd, and didn't look at it until today, I would be damn happy to be up 400% on the year.

What I find most interesting about this right now is that positive PRs are not even making a smidgen of a difference right now.  This is a full on market correction.  I am a fairly new investor, but I figure the only way to get through this is to just ride it out and hope that the companies keep making strides toward a better future.

I don't think companies are really affected by the stock price unless they are looking to raise capital, so as long as they can continue operations, we will get through this and hopefully be stronger for it in the end.  I don't mind the waiting if I feel there is a good chance of coming up aces on the other end. 

Anybody else got any thoughts on that?  
Agree

Just fyi, I just posted this DD on Reddit at r/pennystocks a few minutes ago. I did mention this stock to you guys last week:

$SRNA (ancillary weed stonk, the last mention here was a month ago that I could find)

Surna (SRNA) is one of the most underrated, undervalued, and under the radar cannabis stocks in history. Here’s why:

Surna designs, engineers, and sells climate control systems for cannabis grow facilities all over the world. This includes HVACD, Air handling/sanitation, biosecurity, and automation controls. Now, you’re probably thinking “why should I care about a company that makes equipment for growers? I just care about the actual growers that sell the cannabis.” That’s fair, but here is why you should care…

You’ve probably heard of CGC APH, ACB, TLRY, CRON, FIRE / SPRWF, etc., if you are an investor in the cannabis space. Now… What do these companies all have in common, besides the fact that they all grow weed? Let’s break it down:

These companies aim to grow the most weed for the least amount of money

These companies aim to grow the highest quality weed for the least amount of money

As more states in the US and more countries legalize cannabis, competition will increase, and prices will go down. This means the company that grows the best weed and has the best margins (lowest cost per gram) will survive and thrive.

These 3 points are exactly why you should care about Surna and why Surna is one of the most important company’s in this entire industry. You might be thinking “couldn’t any big HVAC company do what Surna is doing?” Maybe, but they are far behind Surna.

Would you rather hire a company to design and build your grow facility because they’re a big company, but haven’t done this before? Or would you hire a company that has designed and built hundred upon hundreds of cannabis grow facilities, because that is all they do? You would choose the second option, and that is why Surna is so important.

Now, let’s look a little deeper into Surna:

Surna has been in the business for over 14 years. The company was founded by Stephen and Brandy Keen, a husband and wife that had a passion for growing weed. Stephen designed a lot of his own equipment that was specific to cannabis. They grew the company into a million dollar revenue generating business, but when the company outgrew them, it was time for them to pass the torch.

Unable to control costs and turn a profit, and unable to handle the growth of the business, several management changes have led us to the NEW Surna, with Tony Mcdonald at the helm.

Tony is a Harvard and West Point graduate, with many years of experience in the HVAC sector. He built a company called Coolerado, which was acquired by Seeley International, one of the largest HVAC companies in the world. After Tony worked at Seeley, he returned to his roots.

Tony joined Surna as a director, and later became president and CEO. Tony rebuilt the company from the ground up and turned it into a lean, organized, and quality operation, with the vision of growing Surna like he did Coolerado, but with a twist – A technology and engineering company specializing in every facet of the cannabis grow facility.

Let’s look at the numbers:

Tony had taken control of Surna late 2018 into 2019. Here are the numbers for 2019:

Q1 Rev. - $1.7mil

Q2 Rev. - $4.2mil

Q3 Rev. - $5.5mil

Q4 Rev. - $3.3mil

Surna posted a profit in 2 of the 4 quarters in 2019. Considering Surna has never turned a profit until 2019, this is a big deal. Surna landed bigger and bigger contracts, and as more states legalize cannabis, and the regulatory landscape becomes more favorable to growers, this will allow growers to more quickly build and finance their operations, which will lead to Surna’s revenue growth and consistency.

Below are the numbers so far for 2020. We all know what happened in 2020. It was ugly for everyone. Surna’s 2020 numbers are no exception, but what we do see here is something very interesting:

Q1 Rev. - $1.8mil

Q2 Rev. - $1.7mil

Q3 Rev. - $1.6mil

Q4 Rev. – TBA

During 2020, because of the pandemic, a lot of growers delayed or straight up cancelled their builds, which means Surna lost contracts and revenue. Surna, for most of 2020, generated little backlog and even lost backlog. But here’s the thing – Even in this worst case scenario environment, Surna generated at least $1.5mil every single quarter, and INCREASED their cash position to over $2mil by Q3 2020 even when they were losing money per quarter and without ANY dilutive financing. This is evidence of disciplined cash management and sales execution, even in a terrible environment. Tony steered the ship through uncharted waters and came out stronger than ever.

Now, once the pandemic began to slowly subside, Surna showed its resilience – They signed a record breaking $2.8mil contract, and 6 months later, signed an even bigger $3.2mil contract. This doesn’t include the typical smaller contracts they land and don’t disclose. Now, think about what happens when you add in these small contracts to the whale contracts they just landed, which will only become more common as the cannabis landscape becomes more favorable.

So… Here we are. The beginning of 2021. Surna is about to announce their Q4 earnings, which will include their first $2.8mil contract. This means Q4 will be have at least $2.8mil in revenue. Now, if we assume Surna recognized another typical $1.5mil from their smaller contracts, then Q4 should be at least $4mil, which is pre-covid revenue. We also have the feds talking about full legalization, and as of this writing, New Jersey just officially legalized cannabis.

In 2019 Surna generated $15mil in revenue. As of today they have over $8mil in backlog, NOT including the recent $3.2mil contract they just landed.

As of today Surna’s stock price is $.1124. Their market cap is around $26mil. Surna typically trades around 1-2x their annual revenue, which is a lot smaller multiple than almost every other cannabis company, that trade between 5 – 25x their revenue.

Because Surna is not “sexy” and doesn’t grow cannabis, and doesn’t post a lot of PR’s, they are under the radar and unknown to investors. As Surna posts more contracts and revenue growth, they will be recognized and trade at the same multiples as everyone else. With Federal legalization looming and more states legalizing cannabis, Surna’s revenue streams will grow.

To take it a step further, legalization will mean the big boys will want a piece. These companies don’t start from scratch when entering a sector, they buy smaller companies to quickly gain market share. This makes Surna an acquisition target, or even a company that will acquire smaller companies.

My price target for Surna in 2021 is $1.00.

I am not a financial advisor and I do own this stonk.

Dumped some stuff friday and today for a loss. HVCW and JPEX. 

Bought back in to ITNS today on the dip and also bought FHBC.

I think Worm is right that some of these OTC changes are going to push money out of the stop signs and into the currents. That is where the pump campaigns will move I believe. 
Im long on HVCW, but JPEX is popping today.  Anyone else in JPEX?  Outlook?
I just put in a sell limit of half my position of JPEX at .0022.  Lets see if it hits

Where do folks go to research penny stocks.  Specifically, Im looking for triple 0, sub-penny stocks.  Im having a hard time finding a good place to even identify them.
Here.
Im in HVCW, NPHC, and INND.  Id like to find some additional bets.
Im long on NPHC, though the last 2 days have been very very exciting.  Im now up 50% which is putting me close to wanting to take some profits.  I have a nice position that if I gamble on I could see some nice FU money.  Not chet-lambo money, but a nice chunk.

In all honesty, based on social media the past couple days I think this will be a bit of a PnD.  However, since Im along for the ride, ill just ride it out.

CGRdrJoe said:
Not believing it goes to 2 or higher?
Just wanted to free up some money.  I only want to be in 1 or 2 pennies at a time and im in pretty heavy on ETFM and down
Thanks for sharing.  Why only 1 or 2?  For me, I want to be in more pennies as it increases my chances to hit.

I bought a little more ETFM. I'm working under the assumption that on the day the ticker rolls over to FOMO (or maybe the day after), some irrational buying will happen. I'm hoping for a lot of irrationality because, well, that's what the market does nowadays. I could find no data on when the ticker symbol will change so I assume it may drift down until then. Gives me a reasonably good reason to wake up every morning and look at my positions.

For those looking into NPHC, I found this tweet interesting:  https://twitter.com/askwarrenbuffet/status/1364757421952917504

This is a real company with real products.  Im guessing the stock will pop in the morning and settle some throughout the day.  However, its clear that something is going on at NPHC and the company is trying to create momentum.

Note - it is a parady account

Thanks for sharing.  Why only 1 or 2?  For me, I want to be in more pennies as it increases my chances to hit.
I've been betting big.  Big for me anyways on all my stocks so I want to play it a bit safe .

For example I have over 12k bucks in FOMO

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
I've been betting big.  Big for me anyways on all my stocks so I want to play it a bit safe .

For example I have over 12k bucks in FOMO
What sort of return are you thinking for those 1-2, like 100-300%?

For me, Im looking at like 8-10 pennies with one of them hitting like 1000%.  I mean, triple 0 stocks are like an absolute gamble.  So many factors have to go into them popping, feels like either complete luck or insider trading.  Im shooting for luck!

Users who are viewing this thread