What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Elijah Moore, CLE (3 Viewers)

Both Moore WRs have done some great things this week. Whoever gets Elijah in the 2nd stole him. 

Would love to see him come in and take control in Miami. We had a really good 5-9 4.3 speed WR once in the 80s...had a catchy knick name too as I recall. 

I'm still about six weeks away from my rookie draft (ppr; TE-premium) and I'm sitting on the 1.04 and 2.04.  A month or two ago I was ecstatic over the thought of grabbing Moore in the second round, but that's not gonna happen.  I need RBs and TEs, but if Moore lands in the right spot (Packers and Chargers are dreamy possibilties), I'll consider him at 1.04 if Harris, Williams, and Chase are already gone. I realize trading back is a possibiility, but trading up and down in my league as we near the draft never really pans out for me; probably because everyone has an over-inflated sense of worth for all their own first rounders, and especially in a deep draft such as this one.

Like him a lot but 1.04 too high, just trade down a few spots.

Love him early 2nd if he's around.

Elijah Moore Could Be An Option For Browns In NFL Draft

Excerpts:

Moore’s Ole Miss Coach Lane Kiffin offered a big endorsement of Elijah Moore.

He said:

“This is a first-round slot [receiver]. I didn’t coach him, but [Elijah Moore] kind of reminds me of Carolina’s Steve Smith. Just the stop and start ability is so explosive and a great route runner. Even though I didn’t have him, that would be what I would compare him to.”

His size may detract some teams, but his overall abilities can help many NFL teams.

Pro Football Network said:

“Moore has legitimate game-changing ability with his speed, explosiveness, and elusiveness. On top of that, he’s also an excellent route-runner, a scary run-after-catch threat, and a receiver who can haul in passes amidst contact.”

In an interesting rebuttal, NFL Network draft guru Daniel Jeremiah responded to OBJ by saying:

“We are not sleeping on him, OBJ. He’s legit, and he is somebody that I love on day two of the draft. Because we talk about somebody with instincts, we use the term FBI right, football intelligence, this guy is dripping with instincts. He’s quick; he’s sudden; he’s tough. They line him up some in the backfield, in the slot. You can move them all over the place…He’s just a playmaker and you see him cooking corners (on film). He did it throughout the entire SEC season.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you take E Moore over Michael Carter or Kenny Gainwell at the end of the 1st round of start 1qb leagues?

Would you take E Moore over Michael Carter or Kenny Gainwell at the end of the 1st round of start 1qb leagues?
PPR, not knowing what teams each are going to, I'd slot him in between - Carter/Moore/Gainwell. I'd probably reverse that order in non-ppr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Carter is probably climbing my board right now though. I doubt he catches Moore though. If Carter goes to a good landing spot it will be a real decision. 

PPR, not knowing what teams each are going to, I'd slot him in between - Carter/Moore/Gainwell. I'd probably reverse that order in non-ppr.
Gainwell is probably the best receiving back in the draft (some have Etienne).  Both Carter and Gainwell can catch, so PPR or not shouldn't make a difference between the two, but if non-ppr I would lean Carter for sure.  I don't think either back will be a bell cow, but I think Gainwell is more likely suited for the 3rd down role.  Carter has great vision (best in the draft IMO) and his BMI is better than Gainwell's, but he also most likely will never see more than 12 touches per game.  Moore probably has the highest ceiling of the 3 players from a fantasy perspective.  So, if you're RB needy team I could see taking either Gainwell or Carter over Moore as long as you know you're drafting for need and passing on the higher ceiling guy in Moore.

So, if you're RB needy team I could see taking either Gainwell or Carter over Moore as long as you know you're drafting for need and passing on the higher ceiling guy in Moore.
Yeah I think that is correct. There are some other RBs that might enter this same scenario, though. What if my RB needy team picks up someone like Jefferson or Hubbard (just an example, I don't know if you have other RBs ahead of Carter or Gainwell) a couple picks earlier and I feel satisfied with it? Then E Moore is a slam. It might all depend on what other capital I'm working with. Maybe I already got one of the top 3 backs and feel good with it. 

Yeah I think that is correct. There are some other RBs that might enter this same scenario, though. What if my RB needy team picks up someone like Jefferson or Hubbard (just an example, I don't know if you have other RBs ahead of Carter or Gainwell) a couple picks earlier and I feel satisfied with it? Then E Moore is a slam. It might all depend on what other capital I'm working with. Maybe I already got one of the top 3 backs and feel good with it. 
I would never consider Jefferson or Hubbard over Moore or Carter and Gainwell.  I know Hubbard is still mocked in the 2nd round of rookie drafts and I don't agree with it.  I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd round.

I would never consider Jefferson or Hubbard over Moore or Carter and Gainwell.  I know Hubbard is still mocked in the 2nd round of rookie drafts and I don't agree with it.  I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd round.
Yeah I mean just as examples though. I've got Moore solidly above any RB that isn't in the top 3. And I think even against those guys Moore has an argument. Not at his likely ADP but just in terms of who is going to be more valuable in a year. He could easily outperform a busted RB. But I'm just saying if one of those lesser RBs lands in a good spot it will be a tough decision at the end of the 1st.

Yeah I mean just as examples though. I've got Moore solidly above any RB that isn't in the top 3. And I think even against those guys Moore has an argument. Not at his likely ADP but just in terms of who is going to be more valuable in a year. He could easily outperform a busted RB. But I'm just saying if one of those lesser RBs lands in a good spot it will be a tough decision at the end of the 1st.
This is one situation where it wouldn't be a tough decision for me.  I just don't think either of those two RBs landing spot would make me take either over Moore....but that's just me.

JohnnyU said:
No based on what I know today, which is to say not knowing landing spots, I would take both RB's over Moore and I've been moving Moore between WR4-5 right now so not like I'm down on him.

I suspect a good chance after the draft I will view Carter or Gainwell as being stuck in some sort of Gio/Hines role and if so I'd go Moore. But today I'd take my shot on a pass catching RB.

No based on what I know today, which is to say not knowing landing spots, I would take both RB's over Moore and I've been moving Moore between WR4-5 right now so not like I'm down on him.

I suspect a good chance after the draft I will view Carter or Gainwell as being stuck in some sort of Gio/Hines role and if so I'd go Moore. But today I'd take my shot on a pass catching RB.
It's an interesting discussion, don't you think?

It's an interesting discussion, don't you think?
Yea and it's one I've had in my mind a few times, especially as it relates to my late round one picks. But I keep coming back to same thought and that it's probably not doing me a lot of good mulling over right now because the NFL draft will likely make it more clear and if it's clear to me it's also probably more clear to my comp.

But I feel like I face this kind of decision almost every year late in round one which is mulling over first/high second NFL draft highly pedigreed WR's I like or 3rd-4th round RB's not so well pedigreed but due to position influx of WR's and need at RB it becomes a thought.

The answer I gave is actually not the one I've been taking the last few years, I've been going with the WR or TE me and the NFL is higher on and it'd been the right choice for the most part.

Man, I hope he goes to Packers.  I def could see how Rodgers effectively utilize him... AND quickly. 
I can see that. I think he would perfect to Buffalo in Round 2. He’s a supercharged Cole Beasley and could transition to take over that role. 

I'm late to the conversation, and the NFL draft can obviously change it, but I'd rather have E Moore over both.  I don't think either RB is special.  I doubt either winds up being much more than a 3rd down back.  I think these later round RB's get pushed into the back of round 1 a lot because of position scarcity.  And you're kind of rolling the dice hoping you get a hit at the all-important RB position.  If we're in a draft without much in the way of skill position guys--I get it.  But that's how I see Carter/Gainwell.  I don't think either is worth a 1st round pick.  

I think E Moore will be really good so long as he doesn't wind up in an awful passing game.  In a 1 QB league, I've got it E. Moore, Lawrence, R. Moore at the end of the 1st round.  

I'm late to the conversation, and the NFL draft can obviously change it, but I'd rather have E Moore over both.  I don't think either RB is special.  I doubt either winds up being much more than a 3rd down back.  I think these later round RB's get pushed into the back of round 1 a lot because of position scarcity.  And you're kind of rolling the dice hoping you get a hit at the all-important RB position.  If we're in a draft without much in the way of skill position guys--I get it.  But that's how I see Carter/Gainwell.  I don't think either is worth a 1st round pick.  

I think E Moore will be really good so long as he doesn't wind up in an awful passing game.  In a 1 QB league, I've got it E. Moore, Lawrence, R. Moore at the end of the 1st round.  
I think you underestimate Carter.  Go see Matt Waldman's video on him.  As of right now I probably lean Carter over Moore.  He has a better BMI than Gainwell and like Gainwell, is good at catching the ball.  He's a better runner than Gainwell and his vision is better than any RB in this class.  Moore is not without warts also ;)

I think you underestimate Carter.  Go see Matt Waldman's video on him.  As of right now I probably lean Carter over Moore.  He has a better BMI than Gainwell and like Gainwell, is good at catching the ball.  He's a better runner than Gainwell and his vision is better than any RB in this class.  Moore is not without warts also ;)
Thanks.  I'll check out Waldman's video.  

In start 1QB leagues, It’s a hard decision between the two Moore’s (not for me however), Gainwell, and Carter starting around 1.11.  I predict The 3 RBs, top 4 WRs, Pitts, Lawrence, and Marshall go 1-10.

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. believes that Mississippi WR Elijah Moore "will be an instant starter" at the next level. 

Moore (5'9/185) may not be mentioned as often as some of the other top wide receivers in this draft class, but there's no doubt that he's a highly gifted prospect. While some analysts believe that the slot standout will be a second round pick, Kiper projects Moore to hear his name called in the first round. "64 of his 86 catches last season came when he was lined up in the slot," Kiper wrote. "And he did that in only eight games. He's one of the most pro-ready receivers in this class because a team can get him touches on Day 1 as a rookie. He'll be an instant starter." Exactly when Moore is selected will depend upon what happens with some of the other top pass-catchers in the class, but it would not be a surprise if he were off the board by the end of Day 1.

SOURCE: ESPN.com 

Apr 19, 2021, 6:20 PM ET

In recent mock draft action, ESPN's Todd McShay projected the Tennessee Titans to select Ole Miss WR Elijah Moore with the No. 22 pick.

McShay and frenemy Mel Kiper Jr. went through a mock draft where the pair alternated picks this week. Writes the analyst of his Titans hypothetical, "I keep going back and forth on Moore and Florida's Kadarius Toney, but I like Moore's explosiveness as a replacement for the Titans' free-agency losses in the receiving game (Corey Davis, Jonnu Smith and Adam Humphries)." The Ole Miss wideout bolted out the pro day door with a 4.34-second 40-yard dash last month. Kiper is all in on the Moore hype, too, earlier forwarding the opinion that the wideout will be an "instant starter" in the NFL.

SOURCE: ESPN Plus

Apr 20, 2021, 1:36 PM ET

What if I told you his BMI is greater than Bateman?

I'm not saying that means anything but it is an interesting factoid that made me look twice.

He is rocked up for sure. Well built player. 
His value seems to be all over the place.  Some have him in the same tier as Chase, Waddle, Smith, and Bateman and some have him in the next tier with Marshall.  I still see him as an end of round 1 or early round 2 pick in start 1qb dynasty leagues.  There will be outliers however.

His value seems to be all over the place.  Some have him in the same tier as Chase, Waddle, Smith, and Bateman and some have him in the next tier with Marshall.  I still see him as an end of round 1 or early round 2 pick in start 1qb dynasty leagues.  There will be outliers however.
Agreed and draft capital will likely cement his ranking a bit more. 

Seeing him mocked to Tampa a lot at #32.  Seems like overkill and an embarrassment of riches for Tom Brady.  Also unsure where he'd play as Godwin typically handles the slot.

He is my #6 WR. 
#2 on my boards and I'm not talking dynasty FF, just pure NFL talent and ability, really like this kid a lot and think he will have a steady NFL career. Not very tall but has the right combo of speed, hands, and ability to make the tough catch, can lay out for passes which is vital when you get in the NFL, I think he is ready to roll.  

Users who are viewing this thread