What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tucker Carlson: probably not in deep trouble anymore, but he should be. (2 Viewers)

Each talking head deserves their own thread so we can discuss whenever they say something stupid.  

How about a thread to discuss when people say something smart?  It might be pretty empty though.

I get Hannity audience. I can picture the people listening. 

I don't understand Tucker Audience. Where is the audience for Prep School Brat You Wish Got His @$$ Beat? 
You don't want to hear what a boarding school private college kid with a bow tie has to say about the evils of Turner Classic Movies providing context to movies from 90 years ago? 

You don't want to hear what a boarding school private college kid with a bow tie has to say about the evils of Turner Classic Movies providing context to movies from 90 years ago? 
No, and why do old people from states Carlson would never visit want to listen?

Shoot, most of the preps I know would have peed on him in the shower.

No, and why do old people from states Carlson would never visit want to listen?

Shoot, most of the preps I know would have peed on him in the shower.
It's a culture war thing. Enemy of my enemies is my friend. 

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah his latest rant about women in the military is....despicable.

rich frat boy rants...that’s Fox News in a nutshell.

yeah his latest rant about women in the military is....despicable.

rich frat boy rants...that’s Fox News in a nutshell.
Why is it despicable?  Instead of knee-jerking think about what he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi-_VqYODLw

The military isn't there to make you feel good about your social experiments.  It's there so you can feel good at all.  Because without out it, you'd be speaking German right now.

We need our military to be the best and baddest - you don't get that way with social experiments so liberals can feel good about themselves.

Why is it despicable?  Instead of knee-jerking think about what he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi-_VqYODLw

The military isn't there to make you feel good about your social experiments.  It's there so you can feel good at all.  Because without out it, you'd be speaking German right now.

We need our military to be the best and baddest - you don't get that way with social experiments so liberals can feel good about themselves.
Do you believe that women in the military is a “social experiment”? 

Do you believe that women in the military is a “social experiment”? 
I want whoever to be ready to kick ###.  Do other countries have pregant women or trans genders serving their military?  I don't care as long as they can do the job, but it seems like a social experiment from the left.  

I want whoever to be ready to kick ###.  Do other countries have pregant women or trans genders serving their military?  I don't care as long as they can do the job, but it seems like a social experiment from the left.  
The IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) has both and does just fine. It’s not a social experiment. Carlson, who has no military experience, is simply ignorant. 

The IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) has both and does just fine. It’s not a social experiment. Carlson, who has no military experience, is simply ignorant. 
...while Timschochet, who has no military experience, is simply....?

Did I miss an article where a pregnant pilot complained how her flight suit fit?
Or is this just simply another case of the "woke" left telling us how things SHOULD be and what SHOULD be pissing us off?

Your military can offer participation trophies.  Seems to be what its all about in life today - screw your rights, what about mine.  No responsibility, just rights.

The US military desegregated in 1948 under Harry Truman, almost 20 years before the Civil Rights Act.   Was that a social experiment from the left?

No. I do try to read though. 
Wait...so you bag on Carslon for not having military experience but you yourself have none?  Maybe we should be excoriating you too?  Why does your opinion - DESPITE ZERO MILITARY EXPERIENCE - on pushing pregnant women and trans people count but Carlson's doesn't?

You're comparing black people with trans people and pregnant women.  This isn't a Civil Rights issue.  Did I really have to tell you that? 
Can you expand on the bolded?  Are you claiming trans or pregnant people don't have civil rights?

What I think of whenever this grundle rash gets brought up. If we were a nation of smart and reasonable people then Crossfire's cancelation soon after this would have been the end of him. But we are idiocracy, which is why who we are in 2021 is just an extension of this from 2005. 

The US military desegregated in 1948 under Harry Truman, almost 20 years before the Civil Rights Act.   Was that a social experiment from the left?
It seems like we are more interested in making sure all the boxes are checked in everything today than performance.  I said if they can do the job that’s fine.

It seems like we are more interested in making sure all the boxes are checked in everything today than performance.  I said if they can do the job that’s fine.
AFAIK, that's all they are asking for.  Don't disqualify people on the basis of _______, regardless of performance.

What's the problem here?  Break it down for those of us who want to understand your position on this.
I am not seeing the issue here? 

Making accomodations to be more inclusive is not something the military should be doing(lower physical standards, allowing long hair, etc).

Now if it is an issue of simply not having enough recruits so they need to change things, thats a different story, but they should come out and say that. 

Making accomodations to be more inclusive is not something the military should be doing. 

Now if it is an issue of simply not having enough recruits so they need to change things, thats a different story, but they should come out and say that. 
I think it is something like less than 10% of military personnel ever see combat. The military should make reasonable accomodations whenever possible, IMO

Making accomodations to be more inclusive is not something the military should be doing. 

EXACTLY.  :thumbup:

There is no issue.  The military isn't supposed to be a social experiment.  It's supposed to be for our strongest, fastest and best people.  The military is there to smash and break things in a quick and decisive manner.  It's not for checking boxes so some bleeding hearts sitting on a couch with nothing to do can feel better about themselves.

Wait...so you bag on Carslon for not having military experience but you yourself have none?  Maybe we should be excoriating you too?  Why does your opinion - DESPITE ZERO MILITARY EXPERIENCE - on pushing pregnant women and trans people count but Carlson's doesn't?
Tim didn’t come in here with some flaming hot take. Up to this point he actually hasn’t given his opinion on anything. 

Tim didn’t come in here with some flaming hot take. Up to this point he actually hasn’t given his opinion on anything. 
It’s not too complicated (for me.) 

1. When we’re talking about airplanes, I trust the engineer and the pilot. 
2. When we’re talking about a pandemic, I trust doctors and public health experts. 
3. When we’re talking about the military, I trust the Pentagon and the Chiefs of Staff. 

When right wing talk show hosts (and let’s not kid ourselves, it’s always the right wing ones who do it) try to argue against the experts, I tend to be extremely skeptical. 

Users who are viewing this thread