Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Tucker Carlson: probably not in deep trouble anymore, but he should be.


Recommended Posts

Each talking head deserves their own thread so we can discuss whenever they say something stupid.  

How about a thread to discuss when people say something smart?  It might be pretty empty though.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

How about a thread to discuss when people say something smart?  It might be pretty empty though.

Maybe a thread when someone in big media commits random acts of journalism?

Another empty thread.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, timschochet said:

There used to be a thread on this guy, don’t know what happened to it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/tucker-carlson-women-military-sexist-comments/

He's kind of leaving the reservation on this one.  I always thought it was the Republican play to act like they're the party of the military?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

I mean, he's no Brian Stelter amrite?

Or Brian Williams. D'you hear he got shot three times when he was with 50 Cent on their tour of Guatemala?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

I mean, he's no Brian Stelter amrite?

Say what you want, but he had a heck of an orchestra and did as much for rockabilly and swing as anyone in the last 30 years. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Or Brian Williams. D'you hear he got shot three times when he was with 50 Cent on their tour of Guatemala?

Hear about it? Heck I'm the one who shot him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, massraider said:

I get Hannity audience. I can picture the people listening. 

I don't understand Tucker Audience. Where is the audience for Prep School Brat You Wish Got His @$$ Beat? 

You don't want to hear what a boarding school private college kid with a bow tie has to say about the evils of Turner Classic Movies providing context to movies from 90 years ago? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ilov80s said:

You don't want to hear what a boarding school private college kid with a bow tie has to say about the evils of Turner Classic Movies providing context to movies from 90 years ago? 

No, and why do old people from states Carlson would never visit want to listen?

Shoot, most of the preps I know would have peed on him in the shower.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, massraider said:

No, and why do old people from states Carlson would never visit want to listen?

Shoot, most of the preps I know would have peed on him in the shower.

It's a culture war thing. Enemy of my enemies is my friend. 

Edited by Ilov80s
Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah his latest rant about women in the military is....despicable.

rich frat boy rants...that’s Fox News in a nutshell.

Edited by joffer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, joffer said:

yeah his latest rant about women in the military is....despicable.

rich frat boy rants...that’s Fox News in a nutshell.

Why is it despicable?  Instead of knee-jerking think about what he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi-_VqYODLw

The military isn't there to make you feel good about your social experiments.  It's there so you can feel good at all.  Because without out it, you'd be speaking German right now.

We need our military to be the best and baddest - you don't get that way with social experiments so liberals can feel good about themselves.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

Why is it despicable?  Instead of knee-jerking think about what he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi-_VqYODLw

The military isn't there to make you feel good about your social experiments.  It's there so you can feel good at all.  Because without out it, you'd be speaking German right now.

We need our military to be the best and baddest - you don't get that way with social experiments so liberals can feel good about themselves.

Do you believe that women in the military is a “social experiment”? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, timschochet said:

Do you believe that women in the military is a “social experiment”? 

I want whoever to be ready to kick ###.  Do other countries have pregant women or trans genders serving their military?  I don't care as long as they can do the job, but it seems like a social experiment from the left.  

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

I want whoever to be ready to kick ###.  Do other countries have pregant women or trans genders serving their military?  I don't care as long as they can do the job, but it seems like a social experiment from the left.  

The IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) has both and does just fine. It’s not a social experiment. Carlson, who has no military experience, is simply ignorant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) has both and does just fine. It’s not a social experiment. Carlson, who has no military experience, is simply ignorant. 

...while Timschochet, who has no military experience, is simply....?

Did I miss an article where a pregnant pilot complained how her flight suit fit?
Or is this just simply another case of the "woke" left telling us how things SHOULD be and what SHOULD be pissing us off?

Edited by Opie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The IDF (Israeli Defense Forces) has both and does just fine. It’s not a social experiment. Carlson, who has no military experience, is simply ignorant. 

Do you have military experience?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Opie said:

...while Timschochet, who has no military experience, is simply....?

Did I miss an article where a pregnant pilot complained how her flight suit fit?
Or is this just simply another case of the "woke" left telling us how things SHOULD be and what SHOULD be pissing us off?

You must have. This has been a thing for years. 

https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/1801680/new-direction-for-female-specific-flight-equipment/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FairWarning said:

I want whoever to be ready to kick ###.  Do other countries have pregant women or trans genders serving their military?  I don't care as long as they can do the job, but it seems like a social experiment from the left.  

The US military desegregated in 1948 under Harry Truman, almost 20 years before the Civil Rights Act.   Was that a social experiment from the left?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

No. I do try to read though. 

Wait...so you bag on Carslon for not having military experience but you yourself have none?  Maybe we should be excoriating you too?  Why does your opinion - DESPITE ZERO MILITARY EXPERIENCE - on pushing pregnant women and trans people count but Carlson's doesn't?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, moleculo said:

The US military desegregated in 1948 under Harry Truman, almost 20 years before the Civil Rights Act.   Was that a social experiment from the left?

Not the same thing.  You're comparing apples to snow shovels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BladeRunner said:

You're comparing black people with trans people and pregnant women.  This isn't a Civil Rights issue.  Did I really have to tell you that? 

Can you expand on the bolded?  Are you claiming trans or pregnant people don't have civil rights?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I think of whenever this grundle rash gets brought up. If we were a nation of smart and reasonable people then Crossfire's cancelation soon after this would have been the end of him. But we are idiocracy, which is why who we are in 2021 is just an extension of this from 2005. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, moleculo said:

The US military desegregated in 1948 under Harry Truman, almost 20 years before the Civil Rights Act.   Was that a social experiment from the left?

It seems like we are more interested in making sure all the boxes are checked in everything today than performance.  I said if they can do the job that’s fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

It seems like we are more interested in making sure all the boxes are checked in everything today than performance.  I said if they can do the job that’s fine.

AFAIK, that's all they are asking for.  Don't disqualify people on the basis of _______, regardless of performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

What's the problem here?  Break it down for those of us who want to understand your position on this.

I am not seeing the issue here? 

Making accomodations to be more inclusive is not something the military should be doing(lower physical standards, allowing long hair, etc).

Now if it is an issue of simply not having enough recruits so they need to change things, thats a different story, but they should come out and say that. 

 

Edited by parasaurolophus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, parasaurolophus said:

I am not seeing the issue here? 

Making accomodations to be more inclusive is not something the military should be doing. 

Now if it is an issue of simply not having enough recruits so they need to change things, thats a different story, but they should come out and say that. 

 

I think it is something like less than 10% of military personnel ever see combat. The military should make reasonable accomodations whenever possible, IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, parasaurolophus said:

I am not seeing the issue here? 

Making accomodations to be more inclusive is not something the military should be doing. 

Now if it is an issue of simply not having enough recruits so they need to change things, thats a different story, but they should come out and say that. 

 

EXACTLY.  :thumbup:

There is no issue.  The military isn't supposed to be a social experiment.  It's supposed to be for our strongest, fastest and best people.  The military is there to smash and break things in a quick and decisive manner.  It's not for checking boxes so some bleeding hearts sitting on a couch with nothing to do can feel better about themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

Wait...so you bag on Carslon for not having military experience but you yourself have none?  Maybe we should be excoriating you too?  Why does your opinion - DESPITE ZERO MILITARY EXPERIENCE - on pushing pregnant women and trans people count but Carlson's doesn't?

Tim didn’t come in here with some flaming hot take. Up to this point he actually hasn’t given his opinion on anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

Tim didn’t come in here with some flaming hot take. Up to this point he actually hasn’t given his opinion on anything. 

It’s not too complicated (for me.) 

1. When we’re talking about airplanes, I trust the engineer and the pilot. 
2. When we’re talking about a pandemic, I trust doctors and public health experts. 
3. When we’re talking about the military, I trust the Pentagon and the Chiefs of Staff. 
 

When right wing talk show hosts (and let’s not kid ourselves, it’s always the right wing ones who do it) try to argue against the experts, I tend to be extremely skeptical. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • timschochet changed the title to Tucker Carlson: probably not in deep trouble anymore, but he should be.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...