What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

No Bloom Start/Sit Thread? (1 Viewer)

Am I blind or did Bloom bail on this?

Found this one of the more useful end of week threads.

Bummer.
Maybe it got better later in the year but a coin toss would have been better last year. If you have a subscription then the consensus rankings would be best. 

BassNBrew said:
Maybe it got better later in the year but a coin toss would have been better last year. If you have a subscription then the consensus rankings would be best. 
Agreed. It’s tough to call guys week to week though. The end result of blooms recommended starts were probably better when viewed at an end of season lense last year. Not long ago I valued his opinions more than anyone on this site by a decent margin. Lately things have been different for whatever reason. I do hope he gets back to this for this season. It’s nice to see the paid football guys actually participating in the forum. That’s what it made it great years ago. 

Agreed. It’s tough to call guys week to week though. The end result of blooms recommended starts were probably better when viewed at an end of season lense last year. Not long ago I valued his opinions more than anyone on this site by a decent margin. Lately things have been different for whatever reason. I do hope he gets back to this for this season. It’s nice to see the paid football guys actually participating in the forum. That’s what it made it great years ago. 

This.

X 1000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. It’s tough to call guys week to week though. The end result of blooms recommended starts were probably better when viewed at an end of season lense last year. 
Good call.

Bloom’s efforts were usually rewarded with a bunch of yahoo’s mad about an incorrect call. 

It’s not easy to prognosticate week to week, it took him a heck of a lot of effort, and the “reward” was getting called out by 50 people every week for the bad calls while the 50 good calls went ignored.

I don’t blame him. 

Maybe we should have a start/sit topic on a rotation, where a different shark pool denizen hosts it each week.  

That lineup dominator that comes with the FBG sub has his recs along with a few other analysts and is a great tool since it gives consensus. Cant help but think that's more efficient for everyone involved. 

Can we keep this one thread up for start/sit on this board to help each other out as opposed to the assistant coach board which nobody looks at?   
I’d love this.  You’d have less people injecting it secretly into player threads. I understand the assistant coach forum, but it always seems so lazy when I get an answer because most people just end it with “okay answer mine”, which I also understand… it just seems sort of haphazard. 

Good call.

Bloom’s efforts were usually rewarded with a bunch of yahoo’s mad about an incorrect call. 

It’s not easy to prognosticate week to week, it took him a heck of a lot of effort, and the “reward” was getting called out by 50 people every week for the bad calls while the 50 good calls went ignored.

I don’t blame him. 

Maybe we should have a start/sit topic on a rotation, where a different shark pool denizen hosts it each week.  
Glass is always half empty for too many

I really think the “I’m starting x over x” threads serve this purpose already.  The bloom start/sit thread was really just a rehash of his rankings, and the value was more in seeing what decisions other people were struggling with.  The player specific start sit threads accomplish the same thing in a more targeted way.  

I can understand them moving away from giving away info that others pay for, particularly given the time commitment and considering Dodds’ retirement.

I really think the “I’m starting x over x” threads serve this purpose already.  The bloom start/sit thread was really just a rehash of his rankings, and the value was more in seeing what decisions other people were struggling with.  The player specific start sit threads accomplish the same thing in a more targeted way.  

I can understand them moving away from giving away info that others pay for, particularly given the time commitment and considering Dodds’ retirement.
This is a great point. 

Most frequently Bloom would just say something to the effect of ‘that’s how I have them ranked this week’, and to your other point, he was giving away the proverbial cow, which may have been hurting milk sales. 

This is a great point. 

Most frequently Bloom would just say something to the effect of ‘that’s how I have them ranked this week’, and to your other point, he was giving away the proverbial cow, which may have been hurting milk sales. 
This is why he should have gotten into almonds at the ground floor.

We need something.

Whether or not Bloom answered my question correctly, I found a lot of value in seeing his responses to others. 

And let's be honest, nobody goes to the AC forum (here, or elsewhere for that matter).

We need something.

Whether or not Bloom answered my question correctly, I found a lot of value in seeing his responses to others. 

And let's be honest, nobody goes to the AC forum (here, or elsewhere for that matter).
What’s your start/sit question? My market is off to a slow start - I’ll give it a shot! 

What’s your start/sit question? My market is off to a slow start - I’ll give it a shot! 

Nice!

I need to pick 2 of the following three:

* T. Boyd @CHI

* Jamaal Williams @DET

* MVS vs DET

Leaning Boyd and Williams. I'm projected to win. MVS always boom or bust. Could go with Boyd and Williams and then if behind going into Monday night throw MVS in there hoping Rodgers goes bonkers and hits him deep a couple times.

Nice!

* T. Boyd @CHI

* Jamaal Williams @DET

* MVS vs DET

Leaning Boyd and Williams. I'm projected to win. MVS always boom or bust. Could go with Boyd and Williams and then if behind going into Monday night throw MVS in there hoping Rodgers goes bonkers and hits him deep a couple times.
I agree with your lean.  MVS will have a breakout somewhere…timing when is the hard part.  
Williams is the best play of those three IMO.  He should have more opportunities with the lack of receiving options for DET outside of he, Swift, and Hock.

Nice!

* T. Boyd @CHI

* Jamaal Williams @DET

* MVS vs DET

I would go Boyd & Williams, though week 1’s goose egg was disturbing. 

Can we keep this one thread up for start/sit on this board to help each other out as opposed to the assistant coach board which nobody looks at?   

I know you do use it, but this sort of reply does amuse me, as those making this comment usually are those that cause the issue in the first place. If everyone that looked at AC and thought it was dead answered one question, then suddenly it's not dead

I know you do use it, but this sort of reply does amuse me, as those making this comment usually are those that cause the issue in the first place. If everyone that looked at AC and thought it was dead answered one question, then suddenly it's not dead
I used to be fairly active over there, and if I had start-sit questions I probably would be again. I hated asking without first answering 4-5.

the only issue with AC forum is velocity. Sometimes it’s 20 mins before the game & posts just didn’t get answered very quickly there even when the forum was more active. 

Non ppr

Gaskin vs Ty’son

Gaskin seems the safe play…but hate that Buffalo matchup watching how they limited Pitt’s rushing so much.

Non ppr

Gaskin vs Ty’son

Gaskin seems the safe play…but hate that Buffalo matchup watching how they limited Pitt’s rushing so much.
Risky either way. I see Ravens playing from behind so limits Williams even more IMO. gaskin for me, but see both sides.

I have no idea if this is true or not so it’s simply a dart throw on my end. But I know he was displaced during the recent New Orleans hurricane and things were crazy for him for a while. He might just have his plate full gathering his life together and this is a casualty of it. Simply I guess on my part but would make sense and certainly be understandable if it was true.  

Users who are viewing this thread