What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB Playoffs - The FFA edition (1 Viewer)

I have not looked forward to a baseball game this much in a LONG time.  They could start at midnight for all I care, it's gonna be unreal.

I have not looked forward to a baseball game this much in a LONG time.  They could start at midnight for all I care, it's gonna be unreal.
Oh I’ll be watching.

But I’m on the east coast, and start work at 530 am so….

It’s the only game on tomorrow. There’s no reason it can’t start at 8 pm eastern 

If one of these teams makes the World Series the games will not be starting this late 

Oh I’ll be watching.

But I’m on the east coast, and start work at 530 am so….

It’s the only game on tomorrow. There’s no reason it can’t start at 8 pm eastern 

If one of these teams makes the World Series the games will not be starting this late 
Again, football.  Again, two west coast teams.  And there won't be two west coast teams in the World Series so I'm not even sure what that means.

But I get it, for MLB fans on the east coast, it's not ideal, but it is ONE game.  How about the slate of NFL games starting at 10AM every week for west coast fans?  That's not ideal / sucks for many.  So there's really not much to cry about here, imo (no offense).

Now, how'd you become a Dodgers AND a Cowboys fan?  That's kind of bandwagony, no?  AND you live on the east coast?  Did you ever live in Dallas or LA?  Again, no offense, just curious.

Again, football.  Again, two west coast teams.  And there won't be two west coast teams in the World Series so I'm not even sure what that means.

But I get it, for MLB fans on the east coast, it's not ideal, but it is ONE game.  How about the slate of NFL games starting at 10AM every week for west coast fans?  That's not ideal / sucks for many.  So there's really not much to cry about here, imo (no offense).

Now, how'd you become a Dodgers AND a Cowboys fan?  That's kind of bandwagony, no?  AND you live on the east coast?  Did you ever live in Dallas or LA?  Again, no offense, just curious.
sigh….ok

eta: I started watching football in ‘95 and baseball last year 

Last edited by a moderator:

missing the start of a game <> missing the end of a game

And let me know when the NFL plays a divisional playoff game at 930 am eastern

In ATL/MIL game 4 there were multiple pitches where the hitter leaned over the plate, didn't move, and took a glancing pitch off the extended elbow guard.  So, so stupid.

I'd prefer hitters don't get a free base when it hits an elbow pad.  It's the one place where the HPB just feels like bull#### when it happens.  If a hitter genuinely feels like they need to protect their elbow, fine...just no free base when a pitch hits it.

I'll still allow for the HBP when it hits other protective gear, even the helmet. 😁

In ATL/MIL game 4 there were multiple pitches where the hitter leaned over the plate, didn't move, and took a glancing pitch off the extended elbow guard.  So, so stupid.

I'd prefer hitters don't get a free base when it hits an elbow pad.  It's the one place where the HPB just feels like bull#### when it happens.  If a hitter genuinely feels like they need to protect their elbow, fine...just no free base when a pitch hits it.

I'll still allow for the HBP when it hits other protective gear, even the helmet. 😁
Rule says a player must make an attempt to get out of the way, but they never call it in MLB.

On MLB.com it shows the following for Saturday's possible matchups:

ATL / LA

SF / ATL

The 2nd team is always the home team so how is it that SF would start their series in ATL?  If it's best record obviously ATL will be in Cali.  If there is any reasoning for ATL getting home field it would be against the Dodgers, who didn't win their division.  Personally, I think it should be best record, period, but that's beside the point.

One way or the other they have it wrong, which is crazy (the sloppiness/ineptitude) to me, especially on their own site, and for the playoffs.

On MLB.com it shows the following for Saturday's possible matchups:

ATL / LA

SF / ATL

The 2nd team is always the home team so how is it that SF would start their series in ATL?  If it's best record obviously ATL will be in Cali.  If there is any reasoning for ATL getting home field it would be against the Dodgers, who didn't win their division.  Personally, I think it should be best record, period, but that's beside the point.

One way or the other they have it wrong, which is crazy (the sloppiness/ineptitude) to me, especially on their own site, and for the playoffs.
Looks like the first team listed is home.  ATL gets homefield over LAD as a division winner

So twice a year?  MLB has multiple games nightly that start later than tomorrow's game.
That’s the point. These are playoff games. Why start it so late? It’s the only mlb game tomorrow. 

That’s why when west coast poster said about regular season nfl games starting in the morning I said “lemme know when they start a playoff game at that time”. I believe that’s the post you quoted 

I honestly have no idea what your point is 

I am guessing the time was set with the expectation there might be two game 5's and the west coast pair was going to be the later of the two.  
Makes sense.

Would love to watch the whole game but this old guy has a hard time staying up past 10. Staying for a game that will last til probably midnight KC time just ain't happening.

Makes sense.

Would love to watch the whole game but this old guy has a hard time staying up past 10. Staying for a game that will last til probably midnight KC time just ain't happening.
The other night I shut the tv off and went to bed at 12:37. My alarm goes off at 4:55

:lol:

That’s the point. These are playoff games. Why start it so late? It’s the only mlb game tomorrow. 

That’s why when west coast poster said about regular season nfl games starting in the morning I said “lemme know when they start a playoff game at that time”. I believe that’s the post you quoted 

I honestly have no idea what your point is 
I actually love the NFL games starting at 10am.  I would hate to be on the east coast and have games end so late.  The sports schedule is perfect for the west coast.  

I actually love the NFL games starting at 10am.  I would hate to be on the east coast and have games end so late.  The sports schedule is perfect for the west coast.  
I remember visiting my brother in Hawaii during football season. It was awesome. Games were over by noon so we could hit the beach for the rest of the day.  

:headbang:

Dodgers playing games.   Starting Knebel instead of Urias to try to get them to burn some players.

Gally said:

West Coast is the best coast for sports, by far.

The Dodgers did it with Dustin May in Game 7 of last year's NLCS so it wasn't a bad time to get "cute" then.  Urias came in like he will tonight.
Dustin May was pitching on 2 days rest.  Urias didn't come in until the 7th.  That was a planned bullpen game.

This is just playing games with the winningest pitcher in baseball.   

Users who are viewing this thread