What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB Playoffs - The FFA edition (1 Viewer)

He is claiming that Roberts is "playing games", as if he's ####### with them or some ####.  Please.  It's analytics and it's not even him, christ.
He means it's not game 7, so your comment didn't make sense.  If you're going to argue with two degenerate gamblers who are also Dodgers fans, you should try to have some idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vegas doesn't like it either. ML moved from -110 for both sides to even for the Dodgers and -120 for Giants.

He means it's not game 7, so your comment didn't make sense.  If you're going to argue with two degenerate gamblers who are also Dodgers fans, you should try to have some idea what you're talking about.
Sorry game 5, you know what I meant, point remains.

The gambling aspect has nothing to do with this.

Sorry game 5, you know what I meant, point remains.

The gambling aspect has nothing to do with this.
Sure it does.   The line moved against the Dodgers in reaction to this gamesmanship.   It's a dumb idea.   2 years ago Urias was in the bullpen for the playoffs.  Now he's an every game starter and their hottest pitcher.   Screwing with his routine is a stupid move.   

Ultimately the result is the Giants starting LaStella and Yasztremski instead of Slater and Solano.   In exchange you pitch a guy in a high pressure start who hasn't been starting, and you mess with Urias.   Knebel's WHIP is exactly the same against right and left handed batters.  So much for analytics.   

Pedro Martinez saying the exact same thing right now on air.  It absolutely did NOT come from Roberts.  Analytics, period.

LOL @ thinking Roberts was "playing around" in a situation like this.  Or that it's even him. 

Good luck with your gambling though, experts.

Pedro Martinez saying the exact same thing right now on air.  It absolutely did NOT come from Roberts.  Analytics, period.

LOL @ thinking Roberts was "playing around" in a situation like this.  Or that it's even him. 

Good luck with your gambling though, experts.
You're the one talking about Roberts.  

This was my quote:

Dodgers playing games.   Starting Knebel instead of Urias to try to get them to burn some players.

Tap out, dude.

Just saw this myself

smfh

Great time to get cute Dave

Not a Roberts fan 
Sorry Fish, this is the post I was referencing, so it's was Cowboy, not you, who claimed DAVE was "getting cute".  I actually quoted both of you because you seemed to conferring on that point.  Which is absolutely false.

My point remains.  It's laughable to think it was Roberts getting cute.  They've just covered it again at length. 

Analytics, not Roberts, not difficult.

I like this Webb guy. Great stuff but more importantly he works quickly. He's fun to watch. 

Sorry Fish, this is the post I was referencing, so it's was Cowboy, not you, who claimed DAVE was "getting cute".  I actually quoted both of you because you seemed to conferring on that point.  Which is absolutely false.

My point remains.  It's laughable to think it was Roberts getting cute.  They've just covered it again at length. 

Analytics, not Roberts, not difficult.
I don’t really care either way but I do find the strategy fascinating, especially against a team that platoons as it appears you guys are saying the Giants do.

Rule says a player must make an attempt to get out of the way, but they never call it in MLB.
Exactly.  The game-winning run got on base in the 9th on the exact scenario we discussed.  Batter, wearing an elbow guard, doesn't budge an inch and takes the hit to get on base.

Then the ump at 1st calls a check swing strike out to end the series.  It wasn't even close.  Horrible call.

Last edited by a moderator:
MLB claims they rate these guys.  If that's the case, Morales should be spending the rest of postseason at home on the couch.  The home plate umpire was pretty off all night but that is a call if you call it a swing, you have to be sure.

MLB claims they rate these guys.  If that's the case, Morales should be spending the rest of postseason at home on the couch.  The home plate umpire was pretty off all night but that is a call if you call it a swing, you have to be sure.
Yeah. I concede the close ones are really tough and it’s hard to fault an important without benefit of replay. But this one wasn’t close. 

Heckuva game 
Congrats on the series win.  Dodgers and Giants were the two best teams in the NL all season long.  Stinks one had to play an elimination game and they had to matchup before the NLCS, but either way both teams had to know they'd have to beat the other to get to the World Series.  Well.played series overall.

Users who are viewing this thread