What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB Playoffs - The FFA edition (1 Viewer)

Game will hinge on if the Rays can break through vs a Sox reliever. 

eRod has pictured a nice on thus far 

The announcers were just talking about the wind picking up a lot, too. No idea how it didn’t go.  the sound alone had me cursing. 
The OF while probably a bit nervous and jumpy looked like the thing hit a wall the way he reacted just before catching it. 

I’m rooting for Giants rest of the way after this game. First game of theirs I have seen all season - that’s a great team of pros playing their asses off and doing things old school way. 

I’m rooting for Giants rest of the way after this game. First game of theirs I have seen all season - that’s a great team of pros playing their asses off and doing things old school way
Funny you should say this, iirc they’re the oldest team in the league.

Funny you should say this, iirc they’re the oldest team in the league.
They remind me of the 2001 M’s. Best team I ever watched over the course of a season. That team had players doing amazing things every game, a new guy every day. Bunch of pros that no one really know that much about. Pitchers having career seasons, relievers delivering every game, amazing defense….and they had the biggest little badass in the league Ichiro.

This is interesting - a rule I did not know. If the Red Sox pitcher had just thrown a strike (the Rays hitter stepped out, I believe), the inning would have ended and Arozarena's run would not have counted. Even if he crossed the plate before the strike. 

You buried the lead here.  It would have only not counted because it would have been strike three.  The way you have it written it makes it seem like either the batter stepping out or just the act of throwing a strike eliminates the steal.  

The fact is this isn't anything different than normal play.  A strike out for the third out eliminates any chance to score like a forceout so the timing of touching home is irrelevant.  I am sure you already knew that rule.  or maybe not if the name checks out (whoknew).  

I never suggested giving the runner third. I suggested giving each runner an extra base from where they would have been.. In your example, without the defender deflecting the ball into the camera well, it would have been 1st and 2nd so they would move each runner up to 2nd and 3rd. In the play from last night, without the deflection it would have been 2nd and 3rd if it just bounced over the fence so they would move each runner up a base so KK to 3rd and the advance runner scores.

But it wouldn't have just "bounced over the fence" without the deflection so how do you assume the runners should have been at 2nd & 3rd to then award the "bonus base" for the deflection?  The runner was going on the pitch so without the deflection he scores regardless of anything else (he was 1/4 of the way to third at the time the ball hit the RF).  

It sucks but the rule is very clear that the way the play happened it was a ground rule double.  The same as any other unlucky hop when the runner on first was going on the pitch for a regular ground rule double.  The run doesn't score.  As someone else said, black and white with no interpretation is much better than leaving it to the judgement to a human where one guy might say he scores and another that he doesn't.  

They remind me of the 2001 M’s. Best team I ever watched over the course of a season. That team had players doing amazing things every game, a new guy every day. Bunch of pros that no one really know that much about. Pitchers having career seasons, relievers delivering every game, amazing defense….and they had the biggest little badass in the league Ichiro.
*cough cough* and steroids *cough* Bret Boone *cough*.

Good to know where this team is.

Lot's to do in the off season. At least a lot of young guys got some good experience. Not going to beat this team with walks and pitching from behind in the count.  LaRussa making questionable calls as well. Bring back Ozzie.

I’ll be glad when LaRussa is gone from baseball. He can stay in Chicago as long as he wants though, they aren’t winning anything with this guy. 

Users who are viewing this thread