What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Arizona at Detroit*** (+12.5) O/U 48 (1 Viewer)

Here's the thing I don't get... it's not like Murray hasn't played well w/o Nuk before, he gets back a healthy Edmonds too and the offense goes out and lays an egg? Let's ignore the bad D for now.

Nice to hang out in the Detroit lines game thread - there's no expectations in here

The high expectations for this year were 5-6 wins >.> Plus, for this game, a team without Swift or Hock couldn't be expected to come near 30 points. It's going to be a long road of rebuilding, but perhaps this helps with the foundation. Or some less mixed metaphor.

The high expectations for this year were 5-6 wins >.> Plus, for this game, a team without Swift or Hock couldn't be expected to come near 30 points. It's going to be a long road of rebuilding, but perhaps this helps with the foundation. Or some less mixed metaphor.
As a head coach it has to be hard as hell to keep a 1-11-1 team focused. But let's give that big lunkhead a little credit here. 

Not sure what going for 2 there gets you. But remains a 15 point lead. 

I thought the same thing..why go for 2 in that situation? Now Cards had to chase that extra point.

Another note Murray looked so short today in the pocket and had trouble getting the ball over the D-line.

Murray was awful today. At the beginning not seeing open Wrs and throwing into double coverage. And then missing guys who were open and this mixed with the receivers dropping balls that were on target.

It just feels like this one was for a guy like BobbyLayne, mad props and much respect to a seasoned (TRUE) Vet!  Enjoy, my man, and keep the faith like always!!  👊

Last edited by a moderator:
Howie Long talking about the Cards just now, and I quote, "Shame on the Arizona Cardinals, not understanding the situation"....

He went on to go over what we've talked about in here today. 

That's an indirect shot at Kliff Kingsburry, no question about it.  As it should be.  He/they underestimated the Lions, and got served.  That's on the Head Coach.

BTW, love the Game Day MOP threads!  Great staff member.

Dan Campbell sure looks like he has a future in the NFL, did a great job when he took over in Miami.
I have loved him so far. He has passion and shows accountability. He explains why he made decisions and owns up when they didn't work out. He's never blamed anyone else or been combative with the media .He puts it all out there. For all the grief much of football media gave him for his "caveman" sounding approach football, he's actually been one of the most analytically driven coaches in the league going for it a lot on 4th, kicking onside kicks, etc. He has a long way to go obviously but I think he and Holmes are earned a lot of confidence. 

The 10-3 Cardinals lost to the 1-11-1 Lions

This is the 3rd time since 1970 that a team w/ the NFL's worst record beat a team w/ the best record (incl tied records), min. 8 gms each

The prev. 2 teams to lose — 1995 Cowboys & 2004 Patriots — went on to win Super Bowl that season

The 10-3 Cardinals lost to the 1-11-1 Lions

This is the 3rd time since 1970 that a team w/ the NFL's worst record beat a team w/ the best record (incl tied records), min. 8 gms each

The prev. 2 teams to lose — 1995 Cowboys & 2004 Patriots — went on to win Super Bowl that season
Saw this. Wonder if it was because they were resting players.  

Lions signed Craig Reynolds to the 53-man - anything to see dynasty-wise? (I probably won't need to decide until next summer, so stashed for now)

heckmanm said:
Lions signed Craig Reynolds to the 53-man - anything to see dynasty-wise? (I probably won't need to decide until next summer, so stashed for now)
Last week he was the highest rated RB in the league.

This week he became the third RB in club history to top 75 yards rushing in his fist two games (Farr, Sims.)

Who knows? Before the injuries I figured he’d just be a footnote (*led team in rushing preseason Campbell’s first year), now I think you have to consider if he’ll have a significant role. He should, at least on early downs.

Swift has missed 6 games (& counting) his first two years. Dynamic back, especially in the passing game. Rookie deal is up after 2023. Pretty rare to see a justifiable extension for RB1s, right? Easiest position to replace and this line/scheme seemingly produces irrespective of who is the back.

Jamaal will be 27 before TC and in the last year of his deal.

Nailed it. 

Amazing play-by-play work yesterday, 'twas riveting, we laughed we cried.

BTW, speaking of crying, have you reported any more posters of late?  Today's a new day!
never reported a single post or person as far as I recall

But your post deserved reporting - own it

never reported a single post or person as far as I recall

But your post deserved reporting - own it

:lmao:  

What post?  Quote it, prove it.  Again, you started this, not me.  That cannot be disputed, it's all right there.

In all honesty, I feel bad about your Arizona D call and hope you recovered.  If this is your place to vent then God bless, I am sincere when I say I hope you get over it and that you move forward in your playoffs, despite the awful decision.  

I mean it, good luck in the playoffs!

:lmao:  

What post?  Quote it, prove it.  Again, you started this, not me.  That cannot be disputed, it's all right there.

In all honesty, I feel bad about your Arizona D call and hope you recovered.  If this is your place to vent then God bless, I am sincere when I say I hope you get over it and that you move forward in your playoffs, despite the awful decision.  

I mean it, good luck in the playoffs!

You are trying way too hard to be a jerk to a longtime fairly easy going poster.  

Please stop.

You are trying way too hard to be a jerk to a longtime fairly easy going poster.  

Please stop.

And who do you think you are?  You work here or something? 

He started it, go look. I guarantee you haven't looked at who was the one being a jerk here. 

And speaking of jerks, "long-time poster" does not make it excusable for acting like one.  I didn't say a thing to him until he came at me, GO LOOK.

I'm allowed to state my case.  See for yourself, before you jump to conclusions, which you obviously did.

And who do you think you are?  You work here or something? 

He started it, go look. I guarantee you haven't looked at who was the one being a jerk here. 

And speaking of jerks, "long-time poster" does not make it excusable for acting like one.  I didn't say a thing to him until he came at me, GO LOOK.

I'm allowed to state my case.  See for yourself, before you jump to conclusions, which you obviously did.

Man you are wound up way too tight.

Hi, I am another longtime poster.... telling you what most of us see.

So again, in the nicest possible way, please stop.

Man you are wound up way too tight.

Hi, I am another longtime poster.... telling you what most of us see.

So again, in the nicest possible way, please stop.

I'm not wound up tight at all, had a great day actually.  It's you that is wanting to believe that.  I'm just not going let you guys change the story (bully) because you feel like you have some entitlement here for whatever reason.

And don't give me "in the nicest way possible" stuff, you're full of it and I've seen plenty of your know-it-all attacks elsewhere.  Are some sort of enforcer, in your mind?

My point remains.  Who was the jerk here?  I never said ONE thing to your boy.  HE STARTED IT.  You cannot dispute that.

And stop thinking you can tell someone what to do.  And try proving what your point, first. 

Go, show us proof who started this.  He thought he could talk #### to me, and did, bottom line.  Oh btw, I'm asking for proof "in the nicest way possible".

I'm not wound up tight at all, had a great day actually.  It's you that is wanting to believe that.  I'm just not going let you guys change the story (bully) because you feel like you have some entitlement here for whatever reason.

And don't give me "in the nicest way possible" stuff, you're full of it and I've seen plenty of your know-it-all attacks elsewhere.  Are some sort of enforcer, in your mind?

My point remains.  Who was the jerk here?  I never said ONE thing to your boy.  HE STARTED IT.  You cannot dispute that.

And stop thinking you can tell someone what to do.  And try proving what your point, first. 

Go, show us proof who started this.  He thought he could talk #### to me, and did, bottom line.  Oh btw, I'm asking for proof "in the nicest way possible".
Froggy, you are way off in your assessment of what happened.

I don’t even have the AZ defense on my roster.

Froggy, you are way off in your assessment of what happened.

I don’t even have the AZ defense on my roster.

Oh I have no idea your roster, I was just pondering why or where the spite came from.  It's a logical conclusion but whatever.

What I am not "off" on, is who started this, the attacks.  I'll post your unsolicited replies to me if you'd like.  No idea who you are and I don't care, but I'm not going away because you and your iBro tough guy think you can tell me what to do.  

You were wrong and you know it.  You want to give snide remarks, then be able to take some, big shot.

I left the thread yesterday because I didn't want to ruin it during the game.  But I'm not going away because you guys think you have the right to not only insult somebody, but then go on to tell them what to do in here.

You have entirely too much invested in this personally.. let it go.  It is a fantasy football message board, it isn't healthy to care this much.

I like the typing a block of text, then highlighting one sentence tactic though.

You have entirely too much invested in this personally.. let it go.  It is a fantasy football message board, it isn't healthy to care this much.

Invested???  :lmao:   it's comical at this point.  And for you to all of a sudden come in on something you had no part in and act like you're this IBouncer is pure gold.  It cracked me up when you decided to intervene ... on behalf of your "long time" iBFF.

Why would you even care?  The irony and effort for you to now engage, while at the same time claiming it's meaningless, is overloading the hypocrisy factor.  But you got your internet friend's back BRO, ballsy.  High five!

Users who are viewing this thread