What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2022 PGA Tour Thread - Memorial Tournament, LIV list leaked- It's all Paulina's Fault **** (6 Viewers)

Looks like Wolfe is going to LIV. Knew that would happen. Guy has major mental issues and taking the $$ was a no-brainer in his situation.

I'm back and forth with Fitz v Xander...Fitz does make more sense...Xander feels a bit forgotten, but his betting odds are a lot higher than Fitz.

X has to prove it to me before I'll bet him to win a major again.  He's the king of winning tourneys that don't matter, and contending but coming up small in majors.  I'll bet him Top 20, but not to win.

:coffee:

Brutal. Has there ever been a worse golf swing visually? It’s painful.
Oh man there have been lots of uglier golf swings. Jim Furyk. Miller Barber. Matthew Wolf. Allen Doyle. Look those up. I actually like hers. She is a digger. Just gouges huge divots with her irons. Body language like Arnie. Actually a very good ball striker. Gets spin more similar to guys than any of the other women playing out there. But her putting stroke short range is cringe worthy. She could have won 10+ more tournaments and 5 more majors with even respectable putting. It’s not just that. She tanks are the end of tournaments. Like her chip yesterday. That’s just nerves. 

Oh man there have been lots of uglier golf swings. Jim Furyk. Miller Barber. Matthew Wolf. Allen Doyle. Look those up. I actually like hers. She is a digger. Just gouges huge divots with her irons. Body language like Arnie. Actually a very good ball striker.
Agree on latter, not former (forgot about Wolff!), only from a visual standpoint the straightened left knee looks painful…Furyk is smooth as silk. Didn’t mean to insinuate that was her issue.

Agree on latter, not former (forgot about Wolff!), only from a visual standpoint the straightened left knee looks painful…Furyk is smooth as silk. Didn’t mean to insinuate that was her issue.
Hah. Furyk’s swing was described as “an octopus falling out of a tree” by McCord. 

Wife and son and I started the F1 doc on Netflix last night.  Two episodes in, and they are both even more in than I am.  We all loved the Sunderland soccer doc and this is in a similar vein.  Also apparently the folks behind the F1 show are the ones doing a PGA tour show along the same lines.  Can't wait for that.

My wife was asking me the other day if this show is on yet.  I had forgotten about it.  Assuming they are actually filming this season, the LIV stuff should make for quite a behind-the-scenes show.

Whelp, I'm going.  And I don't even feel the least bit bad about it either.  Look, we (the ROYAL WE) are sure selective about our outrage.  

This little city I live in doesn't get the top golfers in the world to visit.  There's nothing here for a golf fan to attend and see the best.  Well, here's my chance.  And it's not even expensive.  It's like $70 to go see a few of the best golfers on a course that's spectacular.  It's going to be perfect weather, the beers will be cold and maybe I'll run into the Great One's daughter.  

I'm furious at the country I used to love and defend.  Rolling back rights for women, what's next?  Gay people?  Screw that, this country is a gong show right now, so I'm not about to feel a tinge of remorse going to this thing.  Last I looked the World Cup was going to be played in a country that killed 3000 slaves (SLAVES) building stadiums.  We boycotting that?  We've got an NFL owner accused of sexual misconduct still running his franchise.  Professional sports are festooned with bad actors and I don't see ratings taking a dip, nor attendance down because of it.  

We fill up at the pump with Saudi oil.  We waged war with two other countries that had nothing to do with 9/11 because we were too chicken bleep to attack Saudi Arabia.  Selective outrage.  Get bent.  I'll be on the 18th with an IPA and smile.  

General Malaise said:
Whelp, I'm going.  And I don't even feel the least bit bad about it either.  Look, we (the ROYAL WE) are sure selective about our outrage.  

This little city I live in doesn't get the top golfers in the world to visit.  There's nothing here for a golf fan to attend and see the best.  Well, here's my chance.  And it's not even expensive.  It's like $70 to go see a few of the best golfers on a course that's spectacular.  It's going to be perfect weather, the beers will be cold and maybe I'll run into the Great One's daughter.  

I'm furious at the country I used to love and defend.  Rolling back rights for women, what's next?  Gay people?  Screw that, this country is a gong show right now, so I'm not about to feel a tinge of remorse going to this thing.  Last I looked the World Cup was going to be played in a country that killed 3000 slaves (SLAVES) building stadiums.  We boycotting that?  We've got an NFL owner accused of sexual misconduct still running his franchise.  Professional sports are festooned with bad actors and I don't see ratings taking a dip, nor attendance down because of it.  

We fill up at the pump with Saudi oil.  We waged war with two other countries that had nothing to do with 9/11 because we were too chicken bleep to attack Saudi Arabia.  Selective outrage.  Get bent.  I'll be on the 18th with an IPA and smile.  

Interested to get your thoughts.  I was able to put it on my tv youtube app this afternoon and have it on in the background while I worked. Maybe caught 15% of the action.  Didn't seem like you were fighting for elbow room.

The production is decent.  No commercials is awesome.  Shot after shot is awesome.  I don't like that the tournament won't necessarily end on 18, that's weird.  I did catch a couple of the "team" features.  Spaniard/Mexican team...Japanese (?) team...It almost seems like Hart Foundation vs. NWO vs. The Fabulous Freebirds etc.  Not sure it made me exactly uncomfortable to have some of the team stuff based on nationality/race but it did seem a little awkward.  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested to get your thoughts.  I was able to put it on my tv youtube app this afternoon and have it on in the background while I worked. Maybe caught 15% of the action.  Didn't seem like you were fighting for elbow room.

The production is decent.  No commercials is awesome.  Shot after shot is awesome.  I don't like that the tournament won't necessarily end on 18, that's weird.  I did catch a couple of the "team" features.  Spaniard/Mexican team...Japanese (?) team...It almost seems like Hart Foundation vs. NWO vs. The Fabulous Freebirds etc.  Not sure it made me exactly uncomfortable to have some of the team stuff based on nationality/race but it did seem a little awkward.  :shrug:

Paulina Gretzky is there.  Oh my.....

Yeah I love Furyk’s swing. 

I don't have fun when I buy Saudi gas. I hate doing it. The only reason I tolerate it is because the alternatives are even less viable (for me). But, at least for me, I can take some solace in the fact that it supports millions of American jobs and promotes relative stability in the Middle East. It would take more than an IPA to make me feel that way about LIV Golf, no matter how frustrated I might feel about America.

[scooter] said:
I don't have fun when I buy Saudi gas. I hate doing it. The only reason I tolerate it is because the alternatives are even less viable (for me). But, at least for me, I can take some solace in the fact that it supports millions of American jobs and promotes relative stability in the Middle East. It would take more than an IPA to make me feel that way about LIV Golf, no matter how frustrated I might feel about America.

Well, sir, with all due respect I don't feel so warm and fuzzy about our country at present time either, yet I continue to live here and support it.  I don't like that our country went to war and killed citizens of two countries that had nothing to do with 9/11.  Curious that we left the country that birthed the 9/11 terrorists alone.  I'd also note that we also execute people and now, we're stripping away reproductive rights of our women.  Gay people here aren't sleeping very well at night.  I know.  I have a gay son.  He tells me.  Fallon Smart?  Harry Dunn. 

So, this is not the political forum, I'll leave it at that. 

On to the golf - it was tremendous!  Took us 25 minutes to get there and park - FOR FREE!!!  Easy entry, music bumping, fan fun center with putting, chipping contests, food cart pavilion with cajun, Asian fusion, cheese steaks and more - lot's more.  Boneyard IPA, pFriem Pilsner, David Hill Red the best of the best.  

Watched Bryson practice putting with a fan blowing to cool him down, his bulging biceps glimmering with a steroid injection glow.  Watched 3 daredevils leap from a plane with USA Flag parachutes (the irony is not lost on me) and land on the 18th green.  With a shot gun start and elbow room galore, I was able to watch DJ tee off a 640 yard par 5 while groups to our back we're battling water hazards on holes 8 and 9.  

My head was on a swivel, not just because of the golf action all around me in 360 degree fashion but I am convinced every attractive female in the Portland general area was at Pumpkin Ridge, all wearing short sun-dresses.  Yowsers.  

On to the tee-box at 8, I was so close to Phil Mickelson that I could smell his brand of deodorant.  I watched him bomb one into the gallery, then follow it up with a 2nd shot into the water.  He did not play well.  It didn't matter.  The fans followed him.  They still love him.  

No lines at the restrooms. Longest line I waited in was for beer.  10 minutes maybe?  Had a conversation with a hawt in a sundress.  Would have waited all day.  Overall fan behavior was quite pleasant.  Very little GET IN THE HOLE guys, though Brooks Koepka has a stranglehold on the Bro community.  His brother can frigging blast the golf ball too. 

FIL got to see Michigan State's James Piot up close and personal.  The US Amateur winner had a posse of pulchritude following him around.  He looks like a baby, but I think he's going to be a great pro.  

We put in over 11,000 steps; plenty of elevation included.  Gorgeous views of Mt. Hood, not a cloud in the sky, might have kissed 78 degrees. Had a cheese steak for lunch, sat in the shade.  

Went back out to 15/16 and as we awaited a group to tee off, a cart with two really cute gals came racing by us.  Maybe 15 other people milling around.  In the cart was Paulina Gretzky Johnson and her sister-in-law.  They were dropped off in the shade, by the tee box, just laughing and giggling like two Instagram stars would.  Eventually, every creepy middle-aged dad spotted her and asked for a selfie.  She obliged every single one.  A few younger boys asked for the same and she not only posed with them, but asked them "What's your favorite sport" playfully roping them into a conversation about hockey and her dad.  That is a beautiful and nice person, from the 20 minutes I spent leering at her. 

Dustin moved from 15 to 16 and on the way, a boy about 8 or so held out knuckles.  Dustin not only gave him knuckles but reached into his pocket and handed him a golf ball. If I had to bet, I was probably one of 7 witnesses to this act of kindness.  

Show started at 1pm.  By 5pm it was close to over. We left a little early.  Got home in 30 minutes.  10/10, would do again and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it.  

To summarize you had a good time because it wasn't crowded :P :)
it’s true, they limit the number of the gallery to give people this kind of access to the players. at least that’s what was tweeted by a golf digest writer who has been anti liv but was pro the limited numbers of fans allowed in. 

it’s true, they limit the number of the gallery to give people this kind of access to the players. at least that’s what was tweeted by a golf digest writer who has been anti liv but was pro the limited numbers of fans allowed in. 

I only have the Byron Nelson to compare it to but that was way back in the late 80s to 1990.  I remember MUCH larger crowds and a log jam getting in.  My FIL used to go to the Buick Open in Michigan when Tiger was a sponsor.  Said it was impossible to get a good view of the action.  People elbowing for space. 

This was perfect. 

Based on course history Spieth, but...ugh.

Based on always contending in Majors, Zally.  But I don't like he got cut this last week.
Spieth’s cost is crazy…more expensive than JT and Xander? No way.

Users who are viewing this thread