What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Agree or Disagree? Donald Trump Controls The Republican Party And Republicans Must Yield To Him (2 Viewers)

I identify mostly Independent: Agree or Disagree? Donald Trump Controls The Republican Party And Rep

• Total voters
And yet one more example of how MAGA folks really think.  Just lumping all liberals together as far left.

As someone on this very board is very fond of saying, it's disgusting. 
Dude...You're one of the lumpiest lumpers on this board and you're going to call out the MAGA crowd for lumping liberals?  Are you actually serious.  I wonder if some of  you guys ever really sit back and think about some of the stuff you accuse others of doing at times?  Blows me away

Dude...You're one of the lumpiest lumpers on this board and you're going to call out the MAGA crowd for lumping liberals?  Are you actually serious.  I wonder if some of  you guys ever really sit back and think about some of the stuff you accuse others of doing at times?  Blows me away
Who and what do I lump together?  MAGA guys refers to Trump's base.  That's not lumping.  Saying that the MAGA crowd is mostly christian and not college educated is not lumping, those are facts.

Saying all liberals are far left is lumping and not helpful.

I do like the term lumpers though.  So thanks for that. 

Who and what do I lump together?  MAGA guys refers to Trump's base.  That's not lumping.  Saying that the MAGA crowd is mostly christian and not college educated is not lumping, those are facts.

You lump al MAGA into the same group, about everything.  Wow.   I mean really wow....You don't even see your lumping.  Hilarious.

Liberals aren't  the left.   That is true.    But liberals haven't realized that the left will give them the bullet too.

But you assume too much.  There are people who pick and choose amongst issues who don't hate everything about MAGA and Trump......does that make that person vile, and dispicable?  Some of us don't believe everything the legacy media peddles......cuz guess what?  Even though Trump does a great job bringing heat on himself, the media spins it to make it worse.......if you don't see that my friend, you are truly blind.

You've accused me of lumping libs when I've stated many times that i know level headed libs.  I have lib friends who I don't agree with.....yet we are still friends! The fact remains that the Dems are leaning waaaay too far left, IMO.  If you don't think so, well we don't agree and I guess you kinda get "lumped" in with that crowd a bit

So do I.  I'm speaking specifically of the crew here in the PSF.  If you have anything poor to say about Trump it automatically makes you a "lib" or "leftist".  You're either with them or against them.  :shrug:  
Thanks. I guess there are some folks like that but that kind of blanket generalization for the forum seems neither accurate nor fair. 

And unhelpful for actual discussion. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As a relatively new poster here.

There’s a handful of conservative posters that are straight up anti lib lumpers. It’s less visible to me in the other direction and I assume certain posters are their equal on the other side. I’m only triggered by one side so it’s all i can see. 

Lots of much more though provoking stuff (for me) comes from posters like Ivan and supermike who are less lumpy and provide counters with nuance and don’t do the empty cheerleading and triggered lecturing. 

I’m enjoying the conversations. 

I will say that it’s difficult sometimes to un-lump. There’s a sense that a group of people that hold a seemingly opposing view becomes like a single voice.

You lump al MAGA into the same group, about everything.  Wow.   I mean really wow....You don't even see your lumping.  Hilarious.
So MAGA supports diversity within its ranks?  Is this some sort of new rainbow coalition?

See, I thought MAGA was a fan group for Trump, and I thought Trump took a dim view on diversity of opinion amongst his supporters. 

The atoms in a lump of lead are all lead.  That's not lumping.  Unless MAGA has co-opted Trump's mantra into some thousand points of light inclusivity platform.  Maybe I missed it.

So do I.  I'm speaking specifically of the crew here in the PSF.  If you have anything poor to say about Trump it automatically makes you a "lib" or "leftist".  You're either with them or against them.  :shrug:  

Not me.  I recognize Trump's faults.  Terrible on the environment and for education.  Didn't deliver on healthcare promises.

But he was lightyears better than the Biden/Kamala catastrophe so I guess that makes me a Trump supporter.  :shrug:

So MAGA supports diversity within its ranks?  Is this some sort of new rainbow coalition?

See, I thought MAGA was a fan group for Trump, and I thought Trump took a dim view on diversity of opinion amongst his supporters. 

The atoms in a lump of lead are all lead.  That's not lumping.  Unless MAGA has co-opted Trump's mantra into some thousand points of light inclusivity platform.  Maybe I missed it.
Remember when back in the day a certain poster said point blank that if you voted for Trump you were voting for racism?  You're doing the same thing.  Assuming all maga folks agree on everything is the same as me telling you all liberals want to use abortion as a method of birth control.   Its a silly generalization.  You guys have let this obsession cloud rational thinking.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I guess there are some folks like that but that kind of blanket generalization for the forum seems neither accurate nor fair. 

And unhelpful for actual discussion. 
Want to be clear....its not a comment on the entirety of the forum. Going further than that would be going against your wishes, so I'll just leave it at that. Overall the forum is just fine IMO. 

Remember when back in the day a certain poster said point blank that if you voted for Trump you were voting for racism?  You're doing the same thing.  Assuming all maga folks agree on everything is the same as me telling you all liberals want to use abortion as a method of birth control.   Its a silly generalization.  You guys have let this obsession cloud rational thinking.  
maga as a concept is synonymous with trump.  it was his campaign slogan.  you don't get to come in after the fact and say that we, as conservatives, believed strongly in the original message even if that message was eventually perverted by the guy who introduced the concept.  this is the "heritage not hate" argument trying to justify why its still ok to wave the rebel flag or by extrapolation the swastika.  maga is stained by trump, and all the perfumes of egypt will not that spot wash out.

Coming off a week in the klink via Trump supporter/ apologist smashing the report button...

Your going to have to provide some proof of this instead of some outlandish allegations to cover for your poor behavior and posting style.  :shrug:

Seems to me your post is a classic example of not wanting to take responsibility for your own actions. 

maga as a concept is synonymous with trump.  it was his campaign slogan.  you don't get to come in after the fact and say that we, as conservatives, believed strongly in the original message even if that message was eventually perverted by the guy who introduced the concept.  this is the "heritage not hate" argument trying to justify why its still ok to wave the rebel flag or by extrapolation the swastika.  maga is stained by trump, and all the perfumes of egypt will not that spot wash out.
Pretty sure Donald sold a knock off version of this. Before the steaks but after the designer tie clips. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/01/politics/rnc-resolution-cheney-kinzinger/index.html

GOP now proposing that Cheney and Kinzlinger be removed from the Jan 6 committee.  Once again, working to punish GOP members that dare to go against the pro-Trump narrative.

"We want to make a statement. This is an inquisition, and we just feel like they are trying to dig up anything they can but that it's one-sided," Jonathan Barnett, a national committeeman from Arkansas who is among the resolution's co-sponsors, told CNN in an interview Tuesday.

"We don't understand Liz and Adam. There's just a lot of frustration with the January 6 committee and we don't think there's any representation on the Republican side. We'd like to see [House Minority Leader Kevin] McCarthy take care of these issues, but it's something we feel we need to talk about," Barnett added.
Um, there's no other GOP representation because the GOP first blocked the creation of a bipartisan committee, then refused to include any members unlikely to be part of the investigation beyond Cheney and Kinzinger.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/01/politics/rnc-resolution-cheney-kinzinger/index.html

GOP now proposing that Cheney and Kinzlinger be removed from the Jan 6 committee.  Once again, working to punish GOP members that dare to go against the pro-Trump narrative.

Um, there's no other GOP representation because the GOP first blocked the creation of a bipartisan committee, then refused to include any members unlikely to be part of the investigation beyond Cheney and Kinzinger.
Yeah it’s pretty obvious.  This question is like asking if Tom Brady is the Goat.  Trump and his maniacal fan base have control of too big a voting block. Blue tsunami coming (again) in November.   

Yeah it’s pretty obvious.  This question is like asking if Tom Brady is the Goat.  Trump and his maniacal fan base have control of too big a voting block. Blue tsunami coming (again) in November.   
The bolded isn't going to happen.  Unfortunately, Democrats can't get out of their own way, and their piss poor, non-POTUS results in the 2020 election are also going to haunt them for the rest of the decade.

America has always been great 
I meant policy wise.  It's easy.  You just speak what you think instead of the party talking points.  

I'll go first - Democrats should do a complete 180 on guns.  Just come out and act like you never opposed them at all and you are the party of the sportsmen.  Promote the hell out of it.  

Now you go.  Where are Republicans way wrong?  

I meant policy wise.  It's easy.  You just speak what you think instead of the party talking points.  

I'll go first - Democrats should do a complete 180 on guns.  Just come out and act like you never opposed them at all and you are the party of the sportsmen.  Promote the hell out of it.  

Now you go.  Where are Republicans way wrong?  
Stop with the stolen election nonsense

This is absolutely  100% untrue.   A lie?

McCarthy was not allowed to appoint his choices.  Never happened before.  So he pulled support.    He is the one who appoints Republicans.   It's not a lawful committee.    And it's conclusions can't be trusted.   

This is absolutely  100% untrue.   A lie?

McCarthy was not allowed to appoint his choices.  Never happened before.  So he pulled support.    He is the one who appoints Republicans.   It's not a lawful committee.    And it's conclusions can't be trusted.   
McCarthy made several selections.  Some were rejected because it was exceedingly likely they would be targets of the investigation and it's inappropriate for a target to be on the investigating committee.  McCarthy then took his ball and went home.

McCarthy made several selections.  Some were rejected because it was exceedingly likely they would be targets of the investigation and it's inappropriate for a target to be on the investigating committee.  McCarthy then took his ball and went home.
She doesn't get to reject.   Full stop.

Apparently she does.
No because the committee is now a joke.   Her Republicans  she has both are compromised.    It's a joke.   And like always the hole thing will end with a whimper.    Frankly it probably goes on till next election so the new speaker can pull the plug and the dems can say.    "Omg omg omg they shut it down"

Then sigh with relief that they don't have to release a report that says Trump did nothing.

No because the committee is now a joke.   Her Republicans  she has both are compromised.    It's a joke.   And like always the hole thing will end with a whimper.    Frankly it probably goes on till next election so the new speaker can pull the plug and the dems can say.    "Omg omg omg they shut it down"

Then sigh with relief that they don't have to release a report that says Trump did nothing.
The bolded is the point of this thread.  How are they "compromised" exactly?

Users who are viewing this thread