What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*2014-15 EPL Fantasy - 15-16 league rules wars & signup open (1 Viewer)

1 Real Christo ...29-9-02 Kaizer Eephs ...25-12-13 Liverpool ......25-13-04 Emre Can Marko .21-17-0 (1172.2 pts.)5 Moe ............21-17-0 (1047.58 pts.)6 Ninja Skrtels. 20-18-07 OminousJohnson 18-20-08 Jonessed ......17-21-09 FC Shader .....17-21-010 Wengerbus ....17-21-011 DCMe Schurrle 16-22-012 Native United 15-23-013 Sir Papa Pepe 12-25-114 Sebowski/GPJ. 12-26-0Tie breaker last year was total points which means Gator beats out Moe for the whole $14 (and Champions League berth) that comes with fourth place. Thanks to all who played. Scuffling for Leicester midfielders is a lot more challenging than the salary capped dream teams.

Some guy named Christer has been holding the money which seems more above board than anything happening with FIFA.

1 Real Christo ...29-9-02 Kaizer Eephs ...25-12-13 Liverpool ......25-13-04 Emre Can Marko .21-17-0 (1172.2 pts.)5 Moe ............21-17-0 (1047.58 pts.)6 Ninja Skrtels. 20-18-07 OminousJohnson 18-20-08 Jonessed ......17-21-09 FC Shader .....17-21-010 Wengerbus ....17-21-011 DCMe Schurrle 16-22-012 Native United 15-23-013 Sir Papa Pepe 12-25-114 Sebowski/GPJ. 12-26-0Tie breaker last year was total points which means Gator beats out Moe for the whole $14 (and Champions League berth) that comes with fourth place. Thanks to all who played. Scuffling for Leicester midfielders is a lot more challenging than the salary capped dream teams.

Some guy named Christer has been holding the money which seems more above board than anything happening with FIFA.
Gracias. Sadly all the money has been used to fund Sepp's reelection campaign, but the good news is that you will all sit with him for any games you would like in the upcoming 4026 US World Cup Tournament.

or, you know, PM me paypal info...

ETA: Eephus, is the price amount info in my last post correct?

If my math (excel) is correct it's:

1st $290

2nd $122.50

3rd $73.50

4th $49

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance people can pm me their PayPal addresses and what team they were? I have christo's but none of the others and I would really like to take care of this ASAP.

Any chance people can pm me their PayPal addresses and what team they were? I have christo's but none of the others and I would really like to take care of this ASAP.
update?
I still only have yours and christo's, and am not sure who won what. Traveling for work right now, but will figure it out this weekend. Eephus, could you confirm amounts and order of finish?

update?
I still only have yours and christo's, and am not sure who won what. Traveling for work right now, but will figure it out this weekend.Eephus, could you confirm amounts and order of finish?
Sorry, just saw this

Code:
1 Real Christo ...29-9-02 Kaizer Eephs ...25-12-13 Liverpool ......25-13-04 Emre Can Marko .21-17-0  (1172.2 pts.)5 Moe ............21-17-0  (1047.58 pts.)6 Ninja Skrtels. 20-18-07 OminousJohnson 18-20-08 Jonessed ......17-21-09 FC Shader .....17-21-010 Wengerbus ....17-21-011 DCMe Schurrle 16-22-012 Native United 15-23-013 Sir Papa Pepe 12-25-114 Sebowski/GPJ. 12-26-0
Payout is: 50/25/15/10 per post #2

As Sinn Fein mentioned, the 15-16 EPL starts 8 days earlier than last year on 8 Aug.

Last year we started on 14 Jul and finished on 6 Aug so we need to figure things out this week. If anybody wants to propose major rules changes involving league format, scoring, lineups, please do so asap. We can argue about lineup deadlines later. I don't think the Fantrax engine supports auto-subs or captain points so those are probably out.

Post here if you're interested in joining. Returning teams and soccer thread regulars have priority. 14 teams/17 man rosters seemed to work out pretty well IMO. I think we're better off doing co-owners than expanding to 16.

http://www.playtogga.com/rules.php

This looks free, and an alternative to fantrax.

It has some drawbacks that we may not be able to overcome - they have an online draft, with picks every 90 seconds - don't know if we could get everyone together for that - or if there is an alternative to holding the draft off-line and entering picks later. It also looks like they only allow a 442 formation (they say more are coming - but that is another drawback - how new they are). They do allow roster changes up to 30 minutes prior to a game's start. :thumbup:

I also like the scoring system - even if it is a bit complicated.

I am not opposed to fantrax - just saw this come up somewhere else.

Eephus - do you know what other stats can be scored by fantrax - tackles, interceptions, shots on goal, etc.? Just interested in what else we can do to make MF and D more interesting.

Fantrax supports all of Togga's categories except successful dribbles and errors leading to goal. Fantrax scoring also includes other categories such as corner kicks, 6 second violations, etc.

I'm not sure more complexity is necessarily a good thing. Maintaining positional balance is a potential can of worms. The top 20 scoring players last year included 4 FWD, 8 MID, 2 DEF and 3 GK (Sanchez, Hazard and Sterling had dual M/F eligibility).

If I have time tonight, I'll play around with alternate scoring in Fantrax and see how it affects player value.

Potentially interested... how does this work exactly?

Used to post regularly in the soccer thread before my little guy was born. Also, I finished in the top 100 overall last season in the official game /humblebrag

Potentially interested... how does this work exactly?

Used to post regularly in the soccer thread before my little guy was born. Also, I finished in the top 100 overall last season in the official game /humblebrag
Slow draft with no clones

H2H game weeks

Start 11 with a number of different formation options

Scoring rules in post #2

Waivers run on Thursday nights with free agent pickups open between then and Saturday AM.

Lots of complaining about lineup deadlines

I registered on Togga and looked through their site. There's nothing in the rules or FAQ that mentions an offline draft or auto-substitutions. I don't think we'd be able to find a slot where everybody is available for a real-time draft so that may be the dealbreaker.

I have to assume there's some auto-substitution support because a zero score for a benched player would be a huge penalty under Togga's scoring system--Hazard scored 42 points in GW 38 but only would have scored 5 under our rules.

The other thing Togga won't handle is speculative draft picks which is always a fun part of the draft.

Thanks for checking it out Eephus.

I had a feeling there might be too many deal breakers, starting with the draft. Looks like they still need a few seasons under their belt to work out a few kinks and get a critical mass of players.

I registered on Togga and looked through their site. There's nothing in the rules or FAQ that mentions an offline draft or auto-substitutions. I don't think we'd be able to find a slot where everybody is available for a real-time draft so that may be the dealbreaker.I have to assume there's some auto-substitution support because a zero score for a benched player would be a huge penalty under Togga's scoring system--Hazard scored 42 points in GW 38 but only would have scored 5 under our rules.The other thing Togga won't handle is speculative draft picks which is always a fun part of the draft.
i did notice that their rosters locked 30 minutes prior to each game, so I imagine you were on your own to put players in your lineup. I.e. No autosub.

Thanks for checking it out Eephus.

I had a feeling there might be too many deal breakers, starting with the draft. Looks like they still need a few seasons under their belt to work out a few kinks and get a critical mass of players.
I might join a public league on Togga to see how it works.

Similar to clones from a couple years ago, the lineup deadline thing is a pretty major deal breaker for me. After losing several matches early on due to this, I lost complete interest for the remainder of the season. It seemed like half our team this past year were platoon guys that either scored very well or not at all ( :bye: Dzeko and Kolarov and Fernandinho). Without being able to adjust a lineup once we knew who was playing, it turned it into a complete guessing game and cost us multiple times.

If we lock lineups a few minutes before start time to allow for changes after starters are announced, I'm in (with RHE if he still wants me). If not, I'll pass.

I vote auto start best 11 or just make the whole roster score. If we do that I'm Gervinho. If not I'm probably Gervinhno.

I vote auto start best 11 or just make the whole roster score. If we do that I'm Gervinho. If not I'm probably Gervinhno.
This is interesting. Anybody have any opinion about it? I think it would improve competitive balance. It's a long season and invariably some owners check out before the finish. There were some game weeks last year where contenders won in walkovers over opponents who were starting inactive players.

Fantrax supports this option for what it's worth.

This is interesting. Anybody have any opinion about it? I think it would improve competitive balance. It's a long season and invariably some owners check out before the finish. There were some game weeks last year where contenders won in walkovers over opponents who were starting inactive players.

Fantrax supports this option for what it's worth.
Yes, I'd definitely be in favor of it. It's such a high variance game as it is that it would end up rewarding the overall best teams, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread